• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flying unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok i have unit on the cliff and i need him to jump into the water down there but i dont know how any triggers???

Level 13
This may sound egoistic, but you can use my jump system for the jump if you want. You can put it in your map header, then use it in GUI like this (the parameters are explained below the system):

• Untitled
  • JumpingUnit = ...
  • JumpLoc = ...
  • Custom script: call Jump(udg_JumpingUnit, 1, GetLocationX(udg_JumpLoc), GetLocationY(udg_JumpLoc), 1.8, 0, "", "", "")
Your jumping unit is stored in the JumpingUnit variable, your landing point is stored in the JumpLoc variable, 1.8 is the curve (which apparently makes the jump look normal), 0 is the tree destroying radius (if you want trees destroyed, you can increase that radius), first "" is the jumping effect (which is created when the unit starts the jump, second "" is the landing effect (you can put a water splash effect or something here), and the last "" is the animation you want the jumping unit to play.

For inserting any special effect path, just make a trigger, make a GUI action that uses your desired effect, then convert it to JASS, then copy that string (it's between ""), you'll find it in the code, then insert it instead of "" in the Custom script line above.

Further explanation?

Also, you need Jass NewGen Pack for this to work (maybe I should have mentioned that erlier), you can download it on wc3c.net

Level 13
You seriously can't use a single line of JASS even when you can just copy what I posted? Doesn't that make you feel....limited?

Anyways this conversation is pointless. There is about 0.05% chance that a GUI user who made a jump system will open a thread with 8 replies. So if no one shows up I suggest using my way. I don't feel like arguing.

Level 13
Its my problem not yours if you cant give me gui so dont reply :wink:

It is realy your problem.
It's impossible to create a good map without Jass, and no that's not my opinion but the truth. There are some functions that're necessary or your map will start lagging or if you've bad luck it'll crash. In addition, GUI is a graphical user interface (g-u-i, haha) and only covers the jass-code behind it.
Also, don't be so f*cking harsh oO
He tried to help you, just say "thanks, but I'd like to use a GUI version" or something like that... forums just don't work like this :/

Level 14
MACREADY, youre wrong. We DO want to help you (see Silvenons first post). But you have to help us as well (by providing all necessary information).

Also: You shouldnt be picky. You come here to receive help. There are HUMANS who are spending their FREE time to help you. Trolling those helpful people will get you nowhere but onto the perm-ban-list.

The solution Silvenon provided is really easy, why not go for it? I mean, you can make the unit jump with only three lines in GUI, one of which can be CnP'd straight into the trigger.

Level 16
You want a GUI version?
Here is your GUI version:
  • Unit - Move JUMPUNIT Instantly to (Center of (JumpWaterRegion))
Dont like it? Then stop whining and stop hating us when we (well, they, i dont) want to help you! Stop saying you dont use JASS, you DO, only you dont know because you hide behind the illusion of GUI,, which is shitty,,

Now praise people like Silvenon and others who make systems like his Jumpsystem, they actually help us so you dont have to do it all yourself,,
You got 2 options: Admit that you were wrong and try to find a solution with us (them) to make you have a nice jump, Or keep ignoring our (their) solutions ans stick with your sucky Illusions,, (GUI)

Now Have a nice day! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.