• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FlameStrike

Keywords:
aura, effect, strike, nether, demon
Contents

FlameStrike (Model)

Level 3
yeah, nice, plz keep on making flamestrikes
can u maybe make for every bladestorm model u made
also a flamestrike, would look pretty cool
-agree with ice king max. points availiable-

Level 1
Well, dunno if this happens with anyone elses, but with mine it has a giant black square around where the netherstrike is supposed to be about 2 seconds before the real animation happens, for some reason... : /

Level 3
Abilities your so used to when you play Warcraft always look nice when they are different colors, good job :!: :)

Level 1
This is indeed a very nice effect, and one that many people (including me) have been waiting for.

The only problem is the random large black box that Aleph metioned, before the main birth animation. (vWhat he saidv) :p

If you can remove teh Box o' Doom then this is a 5/5 model.

In reply to Meteor_Demon the side flames are hard-coded into the Flamestrike spell, along with the temporary scorch mark.

Level 2
Does work When used as a starfall effect, cause i dled it 3 time and close, open map, it still wont work.=((

Level 3
Hi. I was just wondering if this model used a flamestrike effect or the flamestrike special as i guess somehow their different.

In some experimenting on my map i came across a map that has a trigger in editing the flamestrike spell. This map is used in a 2006ish Battleships Crossfire map that was never protected although the newer ones obviously are.

The spell uses the flamestrike effect, but isnt based off of the spell (idk what spell it is based off of) here is the trigger they used note that they have several flamestrike like spells and 2 are listed in this trigger.
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Firestorm
  • Actions
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Region centered at (Target point of ability being cast) with size (500.00, 500.00))) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Remove All buffs from (Picked unit)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Destroy Trees (Napalm Strike)
      • Then - Actions
        • Special Effect - Destroy intro[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\LiquidFire\Liquidfire.mdl
        • Set intro[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Last created special effect)
      • Else - Actions
    • Wait 1.40 seconds
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Region centered at (Target point of ability being cast) with size (500.00, 500.00))) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Remove All buffs from (Picked unit)
    • Wait 5.00 seconds
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Destroy Trees (Napalm Strike)
      • Then - Actions
        • Special Effect - Destroy intro[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
      • Else - Actions
I have tried using eurisas model instead of this and it never worked so i am assuming that both of these are edited off of something else besides the flamestrike effect. If i am wrong i am sorry and please tell me, but with this spell it seems to get rid of all the outer fire spirals and keep the center one.

The map can be posted here later if you wish to test it out and check it. And sorry i couldnt find a spoiler button to put the trigger into it.