• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fists of Azeroth HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Map Description
A small band of heroes known as The Fists of Azeroth has been covertly attacking Verithos's scourge forces. Verithos has grown tired of the annoyance and has sent scouts to find their basecamp.

Verithos is a Scourge champion I made up, he will be the final boss.

My aim is to create interesting dynamics to the heroes and their abilities to make the defense more interesting. This will also be achieved through challenging boss fights which require strategy and correct use of skills to overcome, rather than just have all the heroes bash on the unit till it dies. Another focus is to make sure there are no bugs, and to make sure all the tooltips are done properly, seeing maps with these minor bugs in them really makes me cry.

Layout
The Heroes base is located at the bottom of the map with the scourge base located at the top, the scourge creeps make their way down 2 lanes; left and right. There will be 8 players, 4 defending the end of each lane. The Heroes will be unable to all group up as their gold income depends on two buildings both of which must be defended. An aura will stop heroes from pushing further than halfway up the lane, the Aura is maintained by the second last boss. When he is killed access will be granted into the scourge base where Verithos (the last boss) can be fought.

Heroes
My aim with the heroes is to give them dynamic stats and abilities which need to be used in certain ways to make the most out of the potential synergies. Currently I'm working on the first 4 heroes which will be used for alpha testing, for alpha testing creeps will only spawn in one lane, once I have the first 4 heroes created (working on 4th atm) alpha testing will be used to balance the heroes against the waves. After this a further 4 heroes (perhaps more) for beta testing, which will be undertaken with 8 players mostly friends of mine. Once 16 heroes have been created the version 1.0 will be released.

Example of an already created hero (using Norinrad's spectacular model)

Panderan Seer Intelligence Hero, adept at Supporting
Shindo is not a very well known Panderan despite his travels with other, well known Panderans through Azeroth. He spends his time perfecting his chosen art, as dictated by is culture.

Mend
Heals a target friendly unit, this spell gains bonus healing based off Shindo's current mana.

Level 1 - 100 + 35% of mana. Costs 60 Mana
Level 2 - 175 + 40% of mana. Costs 100 Mana
Level 3 - 250 + 45% of mana. Costs 140 Mana
Level 4 - 350 + 50% of mana. Costs 180 Mana

• PS Mend
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mend PS
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Mend PS for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Set MENDReal = (100.00 + ((Mana of (Casting unit)) x 0.35))
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Mend PS for (Casting unit)) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Set MENDReal = (175.00 + ((Mana of (Casting unit)) x 0.40))
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Mend PS for (Casting unit)) Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set MENDReal = (250.00 + ((Mana of (Casting unit)) x 0.45))
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Mend PS for (Casting unit)) Equal to 4
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set MENDReal = (350.00 + ((Mana of (Casting unit)) x 0.50))
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Do nothing
      • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + MENDReal)
      • Set MENDInteger = (Integer(MENDReal))
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(MENDInteger)) above (Target unit of ability being cast) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (20.00%, 80.00%, 20.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 4.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 32.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Set MENDReal = 0.00
      • Set MENDInteger = 0

Siphon Mana
Drains mana from an enemy. Siphon Mana can push Shindo's mana over its maximum value, though excess mana drains off rapidly if not used. Lasts 6 seconds.

Level 1 - 20 mana drained per second.
Level 2 - 40 mana drained per second.
Level 3 - 60 mana drained per second.
Level 4 - 80 mana drained per second.

Searing Light
Summons a pyre of light which causes initial damage and causes the target to burn for 15 seconds.

Level 1 - 75 damage, and 15 damage every 3 seconds.
Level 2 - 150 damage, and 30 damage every 3 seconds.
Level 3 - 225 damage, and 45 damage every 3 seconds.
Level 4 - 300 damage, and 60 damage every 3 seconds.

Infusion (Ultimate)
Gives a chance for Shindo's Mend ability to Infuse the friendly target with godly energy, granting an extra 50% attack speed and damage, as well as 10 Bonus armour for 10 seconds.

Level 1 - 5% chance.
Level 2 - 10% chance.
Level 3 - 15% chance.

• PS Infusion
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mend PS
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (5 x (Level of Infusion PS for (Casting unit)))
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play InfusionPS <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Infusion PS DUMMYBUFF 1 to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Infusion PS DUMMYBUFF 2 to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Target unit of ability being cast)

Meditation (Passive)
adds mana regen each level (5 levels)

Stats (Passive)
adds stats each level (5 levels)

Enemy Waves
The enemy waves will be in several different varieties, some with hordes of weak monsters, some with only a few strong monsters, some with special abilities. There will be several bosses throughout the defense, I aim to make these fights challenging and interesting by employing several triggered events to the fights which will mean the heroes need to use their abilities strategically in order to overcome the encounter.

Items
Items will come in many flavours, some sporting different abilities. The structure will be similar to that of DotA with recipes, except that you cant purchase the recipe, you must take the ingredients to an NPC who combines them for you, some recipe's require drops from bosses who will also drop other handy items.

Tie Up
This map will probably take me a long time to get over the line seeing as i have other priorities. If anybody is interested in adding to this map send me a PM containing your MSN addy so we can discuss things on MSN. I am definitely looking to get some more people on board but anybody who is interested would need to understand that while I am easy to talk to and I do consider suggestions, it is still my project and I have complete creative control.

I would be particularly interested in someone who i can outsource my icons too, I know how to do it but I'd rather be able to just go "need this icon plz" as it means I dont have to break my motion of thought.

Even more interested in an accomplished modeller to join me. I believe I can make this map Enjoyable with interesting heroes and bosses but new custom models really make it stand out.

Or if you just want to lend some ideas, thoughts and criticizms as well.

Cheers

Last edited:
Level 2
Definitely cool hero, thumbs up!

Just thinking out loud...I think this map would benefit from having a similar approach to Dota with the creep waves and such as you say, but having many different types of creeps and also more of them on the map at the same time (with respect to dota). Not really like a hero line war type of map, but also more crazy than dota (something like a middle ground). I am not sure I am explaining very well...

Not sure about the bosses along the creep paths, though I understand this is kinda the core of the map and you won´t change it. I would perhaps switch the focus more towards the RTS aspect rather than RPG.

You seem like you know what you are doing and have a clear project in mind, which isn´t very common (having both of those).
You could try my map, perhaps you could gather a couple interesting ideas from it. If you are interested let me know and I give you info via PM.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.