• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Magic Spells

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
A new spell has been made!!!
Contents

First Magic Spells (Map)

Reviews
Ralle
Moved from maps section to spells and marked as pending...
Tank-Commander
While it's an incredibly old submission I'll just go over the same basic stuff as we do for everything: - Lacks a proper description - Lacks a proper map name ("Magic spells test" doesn't tell us much about the map, much less that it's complete for...

TheDarkOne.

T

TheDarkOne.

I was casting the ice shard ability and it killed me :p

While it's an incredibly old submission I'll just go over the same basic stuff as we do for everything:
- Lacks a proper description
- Lacks a proper map name ("Magic spells test" doesn't tell us much about the map, much less that it's complete for submission)
- Lacks a version number tied to either submission or the map itself
- Uses waits all over the place
- Leaks every location used
- Leaks every unit group used
- Uses "Begins casting" instead of "starts the effect of"
- None of the spells have any kind of configuration
- Spells with delayed effects are not MUI
- Spells shouldn't run sound files as part of them really
- No importing instructions to speak of (especially notable when sounds are used)
- Use "triggering unit" instead of "casting unit"
- Triggering unit referenced while a variable was already set to the triggering unit (First Magic 4)
- Special effect paths should be configurable
That should more or less cover all the issues I spotted (would need to see an updated work to identify further issues, if any)