1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

First custom wc3 campaign you've ever played

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Zepher, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Woah, I was not expecting that. I must say, Kanna could've well grown to be quite a memorable character if she encompassed both the stories of herself and Yue Fang. But maybe I'm just imagining some epic way in which she'd up end up a respected commander of the Jin Empire. How were you planning to glue that?

2. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    That would've involved removing her from the first two parts entirely, along with some other things (such as Ziel not being in the third part at all), which is why I never did it.

In any case, that's a rather huge example about the risks of re-doing your old work to make it 'better'-- sometimes that cascade effect is just too great to surmount that you change the story entirely by doing so.

3. Thanesh675

Thanesh675

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well if you're including the Exodus Of The Horde Custom campaign, that was the first custom campaign I've played. Though it was simple and short, it was quite a fun experience altogether.

If you do not include the preinstalled custom campaign, if memory serves me right, the first one I've played is Lord Of The Clans. Undoubtedly it's a fun campaign I've played, being quite adventurous and had quite a good story telling as well. It's a fun custom campaign, and you should try it out!

4. Cespie

Cespie

Resources:
    Resources:
    If we exclude RPGs from the campaign definition, and don't include the Rexxar campaign, then I am fairly certain that I have never played a custom campaign.

5. Lord Alyx

Lord Alyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mine was also Wanderers of Sorceria, if my memory is accurate it was actually the 2nd book of WOS series that was my first custom non-blizzard-made campaign

6. Prince Aerrus

Prince Aerrus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wanderers of Sorceria was the first custom (non-Blizzard) campaign I can remember playing and actually immersing myself into, other early campaigns I've played were The forgotten War, War of Corruption, Deandria's Tale, and some others I can't remember the name of at this point.

7. Prince Aerrus

Prince Aerrus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know this is pretty of topic, but I liked the way you had to battle Queen Arcadia.
    The build up to the fight was great, but not only that, she was no push over, when you defeat her first form you're like "Oh finally, I beat her!!!, damn" only to realize you still had to fight her second form; which is even tougher

What a great custom campaign.

8. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think it was Rise of the Lich King iirc.

9. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lord of the Clans.

10. Saelendious

Saelendious

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was either Rise of the Lich King or Nature's Call: Return of the Dragons. I couldn't understand either back then since I didn't know english, so I was getting the story through the cinematics xd

11. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources: