• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FireTemple Keeper

So i wanted to create a Fire Elemental, i also wanted it to look like a demon then after i UV-MAPed it using the Temple's Texture, i decided to name it as Fire-Temple-Keeper-Elemental lol what a long name, if you have some names which fit this model plz let me know as well.

Update 1
Now it has its animated fingers.

Update 2
Added Armors (Left Arm, Body)

Update 3
Added Attachments, forgot last time.

Keywords:
Fire, Elemental, Fire Elemental, Temple, Keeper, Temple Keeper
Contents

FireTemple Keeper (Model)

Reviews
21:58, 15th Jan 2013 -Grendel: nice mesh and animations. could've used lesser polies on those spikes though.

M

21:58, 15th Jan 2013
-Grendel: nice mesh and animations. could've used lesser polies on those spikes though.

Level 20
Like a magic fire that makes armor float!!!
Nice!!
5/5:goblin_good_job:
your model is awesome
I like the use and choice of textures, gj!

Need a skeletal body connecting the members that seem to float.
You should make the fingers move a bit. Also I agree there should be some type of body structure. Perhaps a body made of a glowing effect; similar to the ingame revenant or something.

Hmm. I dont know, maybe i will think about it, coz i think if there're only armors and his body as fire, he will look more like a elemental (for me).

Level 10
Woah!! Looks good, haven't tested in-game yet but will do so when i have the time. BTW, does this use Fire Lord's animations? Perhaps add a rune in the centre of the soul (a heart to the elemental, maybe?) Maybe call it Everburning Spirit. 5/5 :D

Level 20
I love it :D
EPIC!!!
but it lacks body parts LOL
Woah!! Looks good, haven't tested in-game yet but will do so when i have the time. BTW, does this use Fire Lord's animations? Perhaps add a rune in the centre of the soul (a heart to the elemental, maybe?) Maybe call it Everburning Spirit. 5/5 :D

groovy, man, looks kinda like a dark archon

EDIT: hmm.. wonder if it would be good to have that chain move via animated texture

I think im gona replace it with something else.

some pieces of armor on the arms will make this even better.
Added now.

I love elementals, and I like the look of this. However, I too think it is a bit unsubstantial. Should probably download it first, though.

Flamefiend?
Scorcher?
Chainbound?
Searing Visage?

Gona think about these names, thanks :grin:

Level 14
Good job, you do have too much polies in some places like the horns and the chains( 4x more than necessary), and yet you were kinda stingy with the polies on the face. What I dont like is the shoulder plate's texture( the skull thingy) I think that it does not fit, you could try making a skull mesh and wrapping it with the textures that you wrapped the rest of the model.
Oh and I almost forgot you should wrap the back side of the chest.
Still even tough they have too much pollies its 5/5 for the curvy hornes I like them.

Level 30
I dont usualy go comment on resources but this is quite good but I still suggest you add something to. Like make the heat radiate more light because it doesnt that much for a flame entity and also maybe you can also add a flame into its eyes if you want.

Overall, this is good but some improvements yet 4/5 and a +2 REP.

Level 13
i don't like how the aura overwhelms the model when you make it smaller, but i suppose it's not a very big deal. i think the same thing happens with one of the war3 models, too, think it was kiljaeden...but that model was only used in cinematic...and it was basically unusable outside of a cinematic because it was scaled outrageously.

i really don't know much about the model editing, but it strikes me as odd the aura's size doesn't scale the same way the rest of the model does. one thing i wonder is if it would be better if you split the model into 2(second being an attachment model perhaps) files?

i think you handled the aura size pretty well tbh, it should fit a majority of maps, but just wondering.

EDIT: also i really don't like that it doesn't have team color. kinda ruins it for anything other than a creep for me. i know some people don't mind no team color for heroes, but i'm not one of those people.

Last edited: