1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Fire or Ice?

Discussion in 'Recycle Bin' started by Jaret, Jun 21, 2010.

?

Which is more evil?

Poll closed Jul 5, 2010.
  1. Fire

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Ice

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Jaret

Jaret

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Well, I was thinking and wondering, which of these two is more evil: Fire or Ice?
    In my opinion, it's ice. Ice creates shadows, and a cold feeling into your heart, and fire creates light, makes you warm, and so on. But on the other hand, fire was always meaning destruction, and ice was a form of water... which is the element of life. Tell me your opinion on this.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. Etzer

Etzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fire burns ice. End of discussion.

3. noob134

noob134

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Fire does not burn ice, it melts it and eventually turns the water into water vapor.

4. Jaret

Jaret

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    And what? If fire melts ice, then ice becomes water... water "Kills" fire... isn't that right? IF I was on fire, and jumped into a pool of water, would there be fire still? No... it doesn't mean anything. I'm just considering that, in warcraft, the element of the Undead isn't fire, but Ice. It's just, is fire more evil than Ice? it isn't which one is stronger.

5. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Humans tolerate cold easier than heat, so they should fear fire more.

6. Etzer

Etzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was a metaphor, fire is evil, I'm facinated by fire, it's really... Undescripeable. Really.

7. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I think you just can't tell wich of them is more "evil". in fact, not fire nor ice are evil. It just depends how you look at them.

8. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Would you rather freeze to death or burn to death?
    I'd rather freeze.

Fire is a beast.

9. kasame

kasame

Resources:
    Resources:
    fire - sign of the HELL ^^

10. Cihparg

Cihparg

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ice < Fire
    Water > Fire
    Water < Lava (Which also is fire)
    Ice < Lava

Fire wins.

11. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Incorrect.

Considering we are over 200 degrees C above absolute 0...

Any deviation above or below 37 degrees C will kill you, just a few degrees even.

12. Jaret

Jaret

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Yes, like I explained in the first post. I THINK ice is "worse" than fire. Think about it. When you say someone has a Ice-cold heart do you mean he is good or evil?

I'd rather burn to death, better a fast painful death than a slow painful death.

Yes, that is true.

Who for f***s sake said lava is stronger than water? If a volcano erupts from a island, it well burns everything in it's path. When it comes to water, it suddenly goes through a change, and becomes something like earth. Actually, it's all about the amount of one thing that matters.
    example:
    More fire than water, means water will perish, but the fire still remains.
    More water than fire, means fire will extinguish, the water will remain.

NOW, that above was the answer to your opinions, now this is all what I'm now trying to say (This down):
    Yes, fire resembles the f***ing devil and hell, but fire sometimes (often) can be useful. Look, some centuries ago (When there were no electronics), how could you see in the night other than using fire? How could you cook without fire (even now, we often use fire for cooking)? And, people used to use fire for saving themselves from animals (animals feared the fire). Let's talk a little about ice now. When did people use ice for, like, something that is useful? Back then, you couldn't use ice for making a cold drink or ice-cream. So, in conclusion, it is true that fire hurts people more, and ice less, but, at the same time, it helps people more than ice too.
    It's all about the way you think and speak about it. If you talk about hell and the devil, fire is far worse than ice. If you are talking about the usage of it, I think fire is much more useful than ice. I don't want to argue with someone on this topic, really not, but I'm talking about the factors IN GAMES. In warcraft 3, Ice is the symbol of evil. In no game, it is good, but, on the other hand, Fire is in most games the symbol of evil, and, almost never is good.

Thank you, dr Super good. at least you aren't against me. Listen.. The human body can't stand cold nor heat, but it can stand heat much better than cold. In cold, the atoms of the body "freeze" and become much slower, and make you react much slower, and that is bad. But in heat, they are acting fast, and make you react much faster.

13. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Not true, as the heat starts to break down enzymes so your body stops being able to function (burns out) whereas in cold, the enzyme activity is slowed down.

When we overheat, our bodies systems start to fail.
    When we cool down, our bodies work harder to try and keep worm, as such we consume a lot of energy literrally draining your body of energy so your body then shuts down and heart rate reaches "dead" stance. Additionally at sub 0 temperatures our cells start to break appart due to the expansive effect of ice (frost burn). We die ages before any virus will hamper our comprimised immune system (due to no energy) however if you are brought back up to temperature you will often die due to this (Gorge Washington died to this).

Things like lizards and snakes despite being cold blooded can survive cooler sutuations than a naked human can due to the fack their bodies do not take the turn up the heater approch.

Infact you can have a simple graph. As reptiles cool down, their metabolisim (sum of all reactions) decreases due to less molecules being at activation temperature and increase as you raise temperature until the denaturing point (due to the opposite effect). Mamals (yes you are one) do the opposite, and have a much faster metabolisim when cold than when warm and start to converge towards that of the reptiles as temerature increases towards 37 degrees C. Thus you could even go as far as to argue that cold leads to wastage whereas warmth leads to conservation.

14. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Fire, I prefer cold to hot...

15. Vosty

Vosty

Resources:
    Resources:
    In the sense of dominance, I'd choose Fire.
    In the sense of evil, I'd choose Ice. Lich King basically comes to mind.

16. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Burn in hell. Fire.

17. oh_snap

oh_snap

Resources:
    Icons: