1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Fire and Blood

Submitted by neckface
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
neckface presents:
FIRE AND BLOOD
(Chapter One)

a single-player campaign spanning four individual maps

What is It?

Fire and Blood is a classically themed single-player RPG in which you control a party of four heroes. Loosely inspired by Warcraft and WOW themes and lore but original in scope and mythology, your group of four young adventurers explores a mystical and lavishly designed world fraught with adventure, danger, and loot.

Why Play It?

I designed Fire and Blood as a 'back-to-basics' solo RPG. Initially you choose four heroes from a pool of 20 different character classes, of course making sure to balance your party between might, muscle, and healing. After the opening cinematic you are free to explore. Freely travel back and forth between overwold maps, and explore dungeons as often as you like to collect the best loot and acquire powerful abilities.

In this initial release, the gameworld spans four separate maps--three overworld and one dungeon (my plan over time is to include 3 more dungeons and 6 more overworld zones, but at the pace I work, I feel it prudent to release just the first chapter).

Features

20 Unique Character Classes
120 Custom Abilities
Open-World Travel
Agility-Based Evasion System
Damage Display System
Challenging Strategic Gameplay
Lush, Extravagantly Detailed Terrain
Fearsome Dungeon and Overworld Bosses

The Character Classes

Of course, to attain real ultimate power you need some serious heroes! Draw your heroes from a pool of awesome and unique warriors. Each hero has 1 innate ability, which is mana free (or passive), four basic, levelable abilities, and one ultimate ability (achieved at level 7 in the alpha). The strategies you use and the gameplay experience you have is largely determined by the group heroes that you pick!

Fighter Archetypes
Primary Attribute: Strength
The Fighters are the shields of your party, with their innate ability to taunt and their high armor and hit points.
[​IMG]
Warrior, Brawler, Berserker, Paladin

Thief Archetypes
Primary Attribute: Agility
Useful for speedy attacks and mana-independent DPS, this group has quite a few tricky abilities that serve many different purposes...from pickpocketing for gold to subduing foes and controlling combat.
[​IMG]
Thief, Assassin, Blade Dancer, Bounty Hunter

Wizard Archetypes
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
These are your nukers, your big guns, and your crowd-controllers. However, once their mana runs out they are dead in the water.
[​IMG]
Mage, Frost Mage, Stormcaller, Pyromancer

Healer Archetypes
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
A member of the Healer class is absolutely essential to the success of the party. While defensive by design, some of these casters also have surprising offensive abilities, especially the Shadow Priest.
[​IMG]
Priestess, Ecomancer, Crusader, Shadow Priest

Summoner Archetypes
Primary Attribute: Various
This group is the maverick, hybrid class. Each hero summons a type of pet (or totems) to enhance their basic abilities.
[​IMG]
Beastmaster, Huntsman, Warlock, Shaman

The Storyline

The story of Fire and Blood starts very simply. Your four young heroes have lived their lives training in the martial and mystical arts with the Warmasters, an ancient and monastic military sect. The Warmasters, though very small in numbers, have a long history of aiding kingdoms in need, battling for good when their need is called for. Before any padawan can attain the title of Master, they must complete what is called the Gojun A'am--simply translated as 'The Quest' However, Gojun A'am is not defined. A padawan must discover his or her purpose over the course of a yearlong journey out into the world. Our story begins on the Gojun A'am day of our four heroes, as they leave their monastery and begin their pilgrimage in search of their quest...

Screenshots!
Test

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Model and Skin Credits

I downloaded a butt-ton of models and skins from WC3 Campaigns and the Hive for this project. I take no credit for the beautiful custom skins and models in this project. Credits:
Test

KC -Grendel alfredx_sotn Ampharos_222 Aquis ArchonClock/Archonian /Grey Archon
Black_Stan buster Callahan Cavman Celestea CloudWolf CombatTheWombat
D.O.G. Dan van Ohllus Dentothor Deolrin Dionesiist diosilva16 erwtenpeller
eubz Fan Frankster General Frank happytauren HappyTauren
Hawkwing hellblazer-14 hortaxman jigrael Kehel Kimberly Kwaliti
Leopard Mc ! Mephestrial Mr Meesh pins PROXY Pyramidhe@d Radagast Sellenisko
shamanyouranus shiiK Skipper soulreaver6 Tarrasque THE_END Tiki wij

Changelog
Test

1.01 added campaign preview image

Thank you for reading! I welcome your feedback and bug reports.
Cheers!

~neckface

Keywords:
Campaign,
Single Player, neckface, BaronVonFancy
Contents

Fire and Blood (Campaign)

Reviews
ORCNET"][img] [img] [img]Approved [img] - a single player rpg map with 4 heroes to play, what a bonus!Fire and Blood (Version 1.0) Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter [r][img][img][img][img][img][c]5/5[c]91-100[c]A...
  1. bvvc

bvvc

Resources:
    Resources:
    i played it,and get some feeling
    fist of all,i think i shuold point out a bug:in the reputation's chapter,when i get over1200,i still can buy nothing from advanced weapon man or many other guys,they said they'll sell,but their sale blanks are still blank.
    is this not finished or just a bug?

1.agi heros are too weak,especially the 3 closebombat ones.yeh they attack fast,but they die too quick.even when U got 2 healer,you can not keep the agi hero alive.only the archer can maker longer but still always in danger of death.

2.hero's attack speed and attack points are too low.even 4 physical attack hereo can not match 1 hero's summon mini,such as 2 bear or 1wolf.this makes good weapons useless,and less fun in hero growth,for when they level up,they just get more powerful skills to use.
    get attack at nomal speed like heros in meel game would be good
    and get one main point--one offence point ,that makes us feel more familiar and better

3.suggestion:i think author can make most skills' effect based on the heros' strength,agi,or intel points
    and get some way to make these points higher just like the intel book sell's idea in the last chapter,but add str and agi book

so when heros level up to 20 or 30,skills can grow together and get more powerful
    when at low level even you get level 5 skill,that won't get overwhelming,and make player feel imba
    this also get more fun in heros' growth

2. bvvc

bvvc

Resources:
    Resources:
    i dont think the wolf boss too hard.just because your heros not so good.when you'd better get at least one AOE hero,so you wont fear the small wolf summon by it,he summon you kill.and you'd better get 2 or more disturb skill such as stun,sleep,so you can break it's blood suck skill.

i kill it when i got all heros at level 3.good hero combination can kill wolf boss at level 2 even with out any healer!for example tank hero 4+summon hero1+summon hero2 or 4+any magi hero.you get no healer,but you can kill the wolf quickly and easily :xxd:

3. bvvc

bvvc

Resources:
    Resources:
    hahaha,its weird and funny to get these words here......:xxd:

i think i may make this mistake when get old~~~maybe:ogre_rage:

4. bvvc

bvvc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Campaigns folder,not map folder.........

5. neckface

neckface

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi all,
    Once again, thanks for the feedback and reports. As mentioned, rl work has been crazy, but I hope to do some more mapping this month! The central quest will involve traveling to three new zones and spelunking three new dungeons: I'm about 50% done with the next zone (The Golmarsh--a swampy hellhole with crocolisks, blobs, and exploding gasses, featuring Stygia: a really cool port city of pirates) and the next dungeon (filled with the terrifying and psionic Faceless--and inspired by mapping techniques from the brilliant creators of the Diablo III campaigns). I've been having alot of fun with level design, and I think they're my best maps yet!

Anyhoo, here's what I've been doing:
    1. I'm implementing qwer hotkeys for the basic spells, with t for innate abilities and f for ultimates.
    2. I'm removing most of the cinematics and having them be on screen text, so you can still move about. I also have included an option to skip the opening cinematic so you can jump right into new games.
    3. Bug fixes and more bug fixes, including the rep issues from Amrynn. This process takes FOREVER!!!:ogre_rage:
    4. Small tweaks, like giving each mob a unique aggro sound when it attacks. I've given magic resistant and resistant skin mobs a buff so that you can tell when you click on them. I also removed the spell immunity from mobs that rendered your casters entirely useless. I'm really open to balance suggestions, like what poster bvvc said about the agility units.
    5. Oh, and not a backpack (too complex to code for 4 separate heroes), but a chest system has been added--essentially the chest is an immobile unit with 6 inventory slots, that appears when you type in -chest

As always, thanks for playing my map. Cheers!
    ~neckface

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  6. strunson

strunson

Resources:
    Resources:

This is a player and lover from China. I cannot find the sister's ring in Sunken Ruins. I saw you said the ring was dropped from Beastmaster Fiss in 19#. But I don't know who is Beastmaster Fiss:goblin_cry: because I played Chinese version of Fire and Blood. Please tell me who is Beastmaster Fiss.
    Thanx. (Maybe my English isn't good.:ogre_frown:

7. neckface

neckface

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Fiss is miniboss who patrols the southeastern section of the map. Look for the section with the naga beastmasters and their hydra. You're in the right place when you find a long hallway with hydra in cages. If you can scout with the hunstmaster or a summoned pet, you can make sure he doesn't sneak up on you!

8. strunson

strunson

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see. Thanx very much. :ogre_haosis:

原来是这样,好吧,强迫症表示完成不了支线任务不开心……
    你在u9论坛下的天朝版本?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
  9. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This site is english only. The language you used is not allowed. If you must, please send private messages to each other in your language.

10. Kilmarz

Kilmarz

Resources:
    Resources:
    say when is part 2? got shocked when it said that the campaign was over and that it continued... :vw_wtf:

Really good RPG, btw...

11. neckface

neckface

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Kilmarz, there is so much more i need to add--the next zone is nearing completion, but I simply do not have the hours upon hours available to complete it in a timely manner, what with real life intruding.

12. Malhorne

Malhorne

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Go on at your rythm this campaign is awesome dude ;)
    Some suggestions :
    - Side inventory for carrying selling items.
    - (more spells XD)
    - Up the physical dps since they are a bit weak in my mind.

13. Kilmarz

Kilmarz

Resources:
    Resources:
    well... as long as it becomes the king of all RPGs, take all the time you require...
    and add a few more champs if possible... at least 1 or 2 per altar....

14. Hemabody

Hemabody

Resources:
    Resources:
    It seems that you were using a weak team here is a good team to play with : Paladin , Shadow priest , bounty hunter and any mage class ( I prefer the stormcaller )

15. Malhorne

Malhorne

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Nearly every team can beat the wolf >_>
    It is just in term of teamplay (i mean interactions between characters).

16. neckface

neckface

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It seems that a lot of you are playing through the game multiple times with different parties. That makes me happy! Any feedback on which parties work best? Any abilities that you think need buffing or nerfing? So far one of my personal favorite parties is Paladin/Beastmaster/Pyromancer/Crusader. I also really enjoy using the Berserker, Huntsman, and Mage too. :) Let me know your favorites!

17. bvvc

bvvc

Resources:
    Resources:
    my strongest team is this
    MT is berserker,though he is not good at absorb much damage but this guy can stun boss for a long time plus good damage.this makes he is the best MT.
    lv3 blackhand with any one control ability can keep boss stun for ever!yeh forever if you have enough MP

magic fire power:mage,her magic attack may not be the best,but AOE is good and especially blink and time stop ablility can be a lot use.Lev2 time stop can have you kick boss's ass for free:xxd: for 1 min
    you can to what you want to our poor helpless boss

physic fire power:beastmaster or huntman are both good,you can choose any one.2~3 huge bear can make good MT and fire power,even stun boss for a while,though other skills are not so useful.
    huntman's wolf is not awesome as bears but himself can make good firepower--with good weapon,and poison spear harms a lot too.
    in late game huntman will be better while in early beastmaster serves better

healer:cusader no argu.chain skill can have you beat boss for free.that's much much much better than other 3 healer in real boss fight

and........when will our neckface update?

18. Malhorne

Malhorne

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    When he will have the time ;)

19. Golden Dragon

Golden Dragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well....i am going to test this campaign and see if i can give suggection other than increasing the number of missions
    Keep it up man :D

20. MiggJacker

MiggJacker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi! I'm new here.
    I just downloaded your campaign..
    It was a lot of fun, really. I am excited about the final version. When will it be finished?
    All in all, the campaign is great.

I have some issues with some of the quests though:
    1. Beastmaster Fiss is NOT dropping the ring.
    2. I can't avail of the services of the advanced merchants in Amrynn even if the notifications say that I can.
    3. The quests won't progress with the dark mage and the old guy in Amrynn. All they have on their heads are yellow exclamation marks... but the storyline is not progressing.