• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fir

I just recently learned how to make proper tree models, so i figured i would share some of the results with you. Basically, it has the looks of a high-res tree at a much lower size cost.

Includes the required animations to be used as a destructable tree.

Keywords:
tree, fir, wood, forest, terrain, environment
Contents

Fir (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Simple and size-effective model. Works in-game and performs well. Useful. Approved.

M

Moderation: 9:50, 23rd October 2011
Frankster :
Simple and size-effective model.
Works in-game and performs well. Useful.
Approved.

Yes, i know that, but their texture layout is still terrible with lots of empty space that could be filled, and many of them use several textures. I used a compression rate of "65" for this texture in war3viewer, you could propably go down to 50 or lower if you want to, but i thought that would be up to you.
Also, as above stated, they lack animations and doesn't blend in as well with warcraft terrain.

Glad you liked it, still!

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Great model, will use it in both my projects. :)
keep up the good work!

So I do so.

Art - Fixed Rotation : 270
Art - Model File : war3mapImported\Fir.mdl
Art - Model Variations : 1
Art - Replaceable Textures File : Fir.blp
Art - Replaceable Texture ID : 32

So I think that those are the most importants.

Don´t you? Atleast I can not take a screenshot when my Object Editor is opened.

You also need to make sure that "has lightweight model" is set to false. You don't need to change replaceable texture file since that is not used in the model. Also, i personally like to set "fixed rotation" to -10, so that it can spin freely.