• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Finishing the map...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
@ BerZeker ...I never knew that doesn't work. I always did it with triggers anywhay.

@ MetaKnight Most map optimizers reduce the size of the map by deleting world editor only data and thus protecting it. They also tend to rename functions to the smallest possible series of letters to improve efficiency.

Level 5
@ BerZeker ...I never knew that doesn't work. I always did it with triggers anywhay.

@ MetaKnight Most map optimizers reduce the size of the map by deleting world editor only data and thus protecting it. They also tend to rename functions to the smallest possible series of letters to improve efficiency.

Ummm... SO when do I get a protection tool?

Level 8
War3map Optimizer is the best protection for wacraft maps, since it does everthing normal protection does and more. And by the time war3map optimizer is done with a map even with map deprotection methods the map is in such a state that its just not possible to even read the code since everything is scrambled...etc...

(Just to make things clear I know this site does not support map deprotection and neither do I.)

Level 20
Optimizing a map doesnt actually delete them. It converts them into different file type that is smaller, but makes World Editor unable to read that data.

So, have two maps: the one that is protected and the one that is not protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.