• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Finished] The Creation of a Quilboar Building-Set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Hello guys. After some time here is a new building.

quilboaranimalbattlegrounds-png.275965
  • This building is called "Animal battle grounds" and is the equivalent to the Beastiary.

Level 30
Hey @Naze do you have any suggestions for the equivalent to the Tauren Totem?

I have absolutely no idea what to make there.
And we don't have much Quilboar models in our Database, that could fit the criteria for the "last" building. (Last building = the building that you get after the last tier of the Mainbuilding was finished. Like the Boneyard or Chimaera Roost)

Level 28
Hmmmm let's see, according to their wiki page, quilboars have:
  • Elders in their tribes, which are shamans and typically the racial leaders;
  • Brutes, inferior non-shamanic leaders that also command quilboar groups;
  • Sacrificial rituals on which the females commit ceremonial suicide after childbearing age.
You can make an "elders' lodge" to train big bad mothafucka spellcasters, "great den" as a building for brutes, or "ceremonial grounds" for a building that summons a 3rd tier unit based on the sacrifice ability, like a permanently ethereal spellcaster. Just brainstorming though... Names are illustrative, ofc

Level 30
Okay. Sorry for the long waiting time. I have work now and modelling along with ideas will be stunned, because of that.

So i went with this:
  • Sacrificial rituals on which the females commit ceremonial suicide after childbearing age.

and this is the result:
LastBuildingWIPStand.PNG
LastBuildingWIPStandWork.PNG

Possible Units for this building would be:
  1. a building that summons a 3rd tier unit based on the sacrifice ability, like a permanently ethereal spellcaster.
  2. Or my "Stalfos Razor/Skeletal Razormane".

Level 30
View attachment 278095
Jungle Troll "Ritual Circle"

Look's nice, but also a bit chaotic and not really trollish.
--------------------------
What do you expect @Kyrbi0 I make the buildings with the help of Milkshape3d and Google Images (and Youtube Lore Videos).
If i need something which doesn't exist in the correct form in any other model (War3.mpq or War3x.mpq) then i simply make it myself.

Level 30
Okay i finished the last building:

TreasureHideoutWIP.PNG
  • This building, which is called "Treasure Hideout", is the last building in the "Quilboar Building Collection".
  • The building's only purpose is to sell many item's. Nothing else.
The only thing i am going to do now is to make BTN's/DISBTN'S for the buildings, before i release them.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Look's nice, but also a bit chaotic and not really trollish.
--------------------------
What do you expect @Kyrbi0 I make the buildings with the help of Milkshape3d and Google Images (and Youtube Lore Videos).
If i need something which doesn't exist in the correct form in any other model (War3.mpq or War3x.mpq) then i simply make it myself.
I know, man. I'm still working on it. Gotta fix the wrapping most of all, but I'm open to tips on how to make it better (don't need to hijack your thread, though).

Great stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.