Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.7.3

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
「Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.7.3」

By ILYAS, Karifean

Setup
You play as adventurers, outsiders who have only just arrived in the world of Gaya.
The humans of this world are facing a dire crisis as their environment inexplicably becomes more hostile towards them day by day.
It is up to you to figure out what is going on and put a stop to it.

Screenshots

bTrwh4d.png

xhiaONX.png

4cqcm3B.png

psvoVnb.png

9CHIyNN.png

urd2q60.png

b8YDogr.png

dWpRw8u.png

Features

A full 256x256 map with 10 distinct areas
23 different job classes to play as
Over 90 quests
Equipment system with over 250 pieces of equipment
Saving and loading with codes, to and from local files
Lots of references to Final Fantasy and other JRPGs

Credits

Active Developers: Karifean
Former Developers: ILYAS, Titan[advo], Pfeffer, Wizardum, Loesil, psxlover
Beta Testers: Andrenden, braudiap
Imported Models: Sheyd, Carrington2k
Imported Icons: Mc !, Darkminnion, ragingspeedhorn, The_Silent, Hemske, PeeKay, stonneash, The Panda, Edge45, LifeguardLeroy

Changelog

- New Eternity game mode and challenges for Speedrun mode.
- New level of mastery of jobs to unlock.
- Elemental boosting on gear now stacks additively together.
- Day/Night cycle now affects enemies encountered.
- Ability cooldowns are now affected by Agility as well as Haste and Slow.
- Addition of several new quests and bosses.
- New mystic armor and headgear.
- Switched positions of Lancer, Geomancer and Samurai in the Warrior tree.
- Rebalanced and reworked many classes and skills.
- Addition of new consumable items.

Hotfix 0.9.7.2
- Fixing of several bugs and issues, some very severe ones.
- Addition of some new gear to find.
- Minor balancing tweaks.

Hotfix 0.9.7.3
- Some rebalancing of buffs and debuffs.
- Ability cooldowns have been adjusted.
- Nerfed attack cooldown of Strength heroes.
- New secret boss has been added.
- Fixed several bugs including some potential crashes.

Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Final Fantasy, FFERPG, FF Epic RPG, Open RPG
Contents

Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.7.3 (Map)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b 21:43, 20th Jul 2015 Map Moderated - Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.4 Comment - Ardenian's Review Verdict - Approved, Not Rated Other [TR]Map Submission Rules Staff Contact The Hive's StaffMap Reviewers Description Tutorials

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Still updating in 2019, damn, can't wait to find all the new content; I think I'm gonna start from scratch. The dream is real. Keep it up dude.

Uh, how did you set the hero name of your hero to the player's name?
I was trying to do that some time ago and found no answers for it. It this using a new native?

Thanks for adding hotkeys to the teleport. Can you set the Esc hotkey to cancel it?

This might be a stretch, but something I'd really like would be an automatic backpack for monster parts, allowing you to collect infinite of them and then withdraw or sell them later. Currently almost everyone just leaves the parts on the ground due to lack of inventory space.

I have to say, I don't like the new equipment level reqs. I soloed the necro boss at lvl 10 spirit of gaia but the shield requires 36.

Please make the elementals go neutral again after some time for those of us who decided to attack it :D

Sacred is extremely hard for some reason, regens like 200 hp per sec.

Armor Break takes bonus armor into account when I don't believe it should. That makes it possible to manipulate it to make enemies negative armor.

In the hashmalum fight, you can pull dark knight away from the other bosses, making the fight trivial

Last edited by a moderator:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

@Karifean I've just about maxed a new acc, and I've encountered several major bugs.

- Thief's block/counter skill has no cooldown. This means you can repeatedly spam it and avoid all damage.
- Limma's ship for the Arena quest can sometimes just wander around, making the quest impossible to finish. This happened right after I finished an Exalibur2 run, so no other quests but main ones were done. Attached is a screenshot of it happening, letting the ship die did not fix it.

Also some more general feedback:
- Tonberry is basically useless now, it seems. I had over 3k kills and it didn't even do 10% to Ultima Weapon.
- I like the reworked critical/dodge systems.
- Zodiac Spear may be a bit strong compared to other physical damage weapons.
- Elementals seem too strong for the gear they give you (which isn't very good really)
- When you switch characters, your Spirit of Gaia becomes un-hotkeyed. I guess you re-make the unit each time. Would it be possible to fix that?
- Would be nice if Excalibur 2 added int. Right now it's worse for dealing dmg chars than Zodiac and worse for casting Holy than Nirvana
- I don't think it's ever worth playing on difficulties over Normal. Sure they give 2x exp, but they also survive 2x longer.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_032119_170352_02.png
    WC3ScrnShot_032119_170352_02.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 115
Level 5
@Karifean I've just about maxed a new acc, and I've encountered several major bugs.

- Thief's block/counter skill has no cooldown. This means you can repeatedly spam it and avoid all damage.
- Limma's ship for the Arena quest can sometimes just wander around, making the quest impossible to finish. This happened right after I finished an Exalibur2 run, so no other quests but main ones were done. Attached is a screenshot of it happening, letting the ship die did not fix it.

Also some more general feedback:
- Tonberry is basically useless now, it seems. I had over 3k kills and it didn't even do 10% to Ultima Weapon.
- I like the reworked critical/dodge systems.
- Zodiac Spear may be a bit strong compared to other physical damage weapons.
- Elementals seem too strong for the gear they give you (which isn't very good really)
- When you switch characters, your Spirit of Gaia becomes un-hotkeyed. I guess you re-make the unit each time. Would it be possible to fix that?
- Would be nice if Excalibur 2 added int. Right now it's worse for dealing dmg chars than Zodiac and worse for casting Holy than Nirvana
- I don't think it's ever worth playing on difficulties over Normal. Sure they give 2x exp, but they also survive 2x longer.

Thanks for playing and thanks for the feedback!

- Intentional, so long as you don't run out of mana and manage to keep up the timing you can dodge indefinitely. It quickly loses its flair considering many enemies flat out ignore your dodges, and even if not, most of the time you're not just fighting one enemy but many at once and getting the dodges right becomes insanely difficult at best.
- Yeah that happens if you heal it. Will be fixed in the next release. You can always still kill the ship yourself if it becomes stuck, but obviously you're not supposed to have to do that.

- Tonberry is pretty undertuned atm you are right. Don't want to overtune it but I'll see if I can do something.
- Thank you ^^
- Well it gives no other bonuses besides raw damage, and the higher you level your upgrades the more valuable other stuff like stats and attack speed becomes.
- Hard to say considering they are really easy to kill with mages or Holy Swordsman.
- Don't think there is unfortunately. It's either keeping bindings or keeping it F2.
- That's something worth considering yeah. It is notably the weapon that gives the highest HP bonus of all, but that's a moderate consolation.
- "Worth it" no, but it's fun. That's reason enough for it to exist.

To address your previous post as well (sorry for missing it before), yes setting a hero's proper name is a new native, setting Esc should be possible yeah, not planning on making an automatic backpack unfortunately, well isn't it nice to have high level equipment to look forward to as well, elementals are staying enemy so you learn from your mistakes and learn to overcome them even when it feels hard or impossible, yes Sacred and Minotaur have high regeneration that's their gimmick, dunno if it's possible to get base armor without bonus armor, and thanks, I'll up their acquisition range.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Hmm think I know why I don't like tonberry anymore. When you use it on the enemy, they become invulnerable and the passive healing goes into effect. This can mean that bosses actually heal overall when you cast it on them.

Other random stuff:
- Is it intentional that you can now do the Friendly Tonberry without completing all the other friendly quests?
- Friendly Tonberry casts Everyone's Grudge on the monsters in the swamp (funny, but probably not wanted)
- It would be nice to have a hotkey for Kesha's brew, and for it not to autoselect Spirit of Gaia if possible
- Wizard's ultimate seems pointless, it deals less than the standard Fire skill.
- Nirvana and Excalibur 2 do not share cooldown, it is possible to weapon-swap them for double Holy. Unsure if this is intentional.
- Darkdragon swamp drops too stuff, I got enough Crystals there to buy all the crystal items in the game 10 times over while farming ulti masters.
- Prophet's Holy Fire is not actually fire damage
- Nether Dragons give a strangely high amount of XP, almost 3 times anything else in the area, without being much harder (not that I'm complaining)
- Seems like enemy magic resist makes holy too strong and the rest of the skills too weak. How I kill things is basically triple holy with sorc.

Level 5
Hmm think I know why I don't like tonberry anymore. When you use it on the enemy, they become invulnerable and the passive healing goes into effect. This can mean that bosses actually heal overall when you cast it on them.

Other random stuff:
- Is it intentional that you can now do the Friendly Tonberry without completing all the other friendly quests?
- Friendly Tonberry casts Everyone's Grudge on the monsters in the swamp (funny, but probably not wanted)
- It would be nice to have a hotkey for Kesha's brew, and for it not to autoselect Spirit of Gaia if possible
- Wizard's ultimate seems pointless, it deals less than the standard Fire skill.
- Nirvana and Excalibur 2 do not share cooldown, it is possible to weapon-swap them for double Holy. Unsure if this is intentional.
- Darkdragon swamp drops too stuff, I got enough Crystals there to buy all the crystal items in the game 10 times over while farming ulti masters.
- Prophet's Holy Fire is not actually fire damage
- Nether Dragons give a strangely high amount of XP, almost 3 times anything else in the area, without being much harder (not that I'm complaining)
- Seems like enemy magic resist makes holy too strong and the rest of the skills too weak. How I kill things is basically triple holy with sorc.

Yeah I know, and I fixed that as well.

- Yes, intentional.
- LOL that's hilarious, no that's not wanted ^^; but funny.
- Should become a non-issue in the next major release.
- If I got the numbers in my head it does about as much damage as a Fire spell's full ticks, except instantly and on everyone in the area no questions asked.
- Didn't really think about that but you're right. Well not really too big of an issue I feel.
- Yeah you know those area-specific drops like Forest Essence and Barrens Sand? The marsh's one is crystal shards. If you chain enemies there a lot you get boatloads of shards. Might have to tune it down a bit, but then again I dunno if it's necessary. Not like you can save crystal shards anyways.
- And it's not supposed to be. I should really rename it already.
- Really? I guess that's because they're resistant and thus count as bosses. That explains a lot, somehow I didn't realize it.
- Well Sorcerer is kind of a massive jack of all trades who's able to do basically everything at once, though being limited by his high cooldowns. Most enemies take way more damage from Flare than Holy (though it should be noted that Nirvana as a Staff weapon powers up your Holy, while Magic Sphere weapons like Dragon Wand power up your Flare, so that might be why your Holy numbers are so high). Either way triple Holy is only gonna get you so far.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Oh didn't know that about the crystals being the special item. Interesting. IMO it's still way too much - trivializes all item costs. I've got at least 5-10m in monster parts and 2k crystals. Not exaggerating, attached is a pic of the items from UMing 7 chars, I stopped collecting around 500 crystals.

Thanks for the explanation of Holy, I just realized I can do so much more damage with itemswaps now. Hold Nirvana, Holy and cast Nirvana, swap Excalibur2 and holy, swap Dragon Wand and cast flare, then summon. Should be able to do Omega with it, I got it down to 30% or so before without excalibur2 before I messed up, also feels like he gets harder at low hp.

I just noticed, I think freelancer stats depend on number of jobs UM'd? That's really cool.

You can control Kenarius and make him cast invisibility on you for 45 sec (lul)

Easy strategy on Echele is to sit back with gafgarion and just cast darkness over and over, it deals a ton of dmg and she won't instakill him like she does if you attack with gafgarion

Was player-owned turtle deemed too glitchy? I remember you could do all sorts of gate hops with it. Seems like all the gate hops are fixed, RIP

Also anyone found Scroll #3 yet?
Scroll #1 is from the Naga boss
Scroll #2 is from killing fountain in Kilrog area

I also got an item called Writ's Other Leg from the corpses near Agrias, never got it again. It wasn't good anyways, just earlygame item.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_032919_114516_03.png
    WC3ScrnShot_032919_114516_03.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 301
Level 2
Hello, has the tonberry materia been changed? it feels way weaker than it used to be, or perhaps its the way that resistances work now?
Also when i tonberry a boss (confirmed with omega weapon, but possibly happens with everything else) they get the Regenerating buff, completely negating the damage from it, or even healing over it.

there's a quest that seems to not show up on the quest log, the one at the gate near the farm.

Regarding the desyncs, some maps load functions after the game started to avoid it.

Love the map!

Last edited:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Not sure if this is a 1 time thing, but the cutscene for the Ao Madoushi quest no longer worked in the new version - I could complete the quest OK but Hashmalum never spawned and the stone is still here.

Battle arena's also broken for me. 2nd round never ends even after killing all enemies.

Replay attached

Attachments

• fferpg bugs.w3g
    39 KB · Views: 83
Level 5
Not sure if this is a 1 time thing, but the cutscene for the Ao Madoushi quest no longer worked in the new version - I could complete the quest OK but Hashmalum never spawned and the stone is still here.

Battle arena's also broken for me. 2nd round never ends even after killing all enemies.

Replay attached

Thanks for the reports, but I can't watch your replay. I do have warcraft version 1.30.1, but I neither have the "Last save.txt" you used in this replay (which is necessary since your replay relies on it), but even if I had it, the replay appears to desync during the opening voting, don't really know why. I've not heard of your issues occurring before, so this is kind of weird.

Hello, has the tonberry materia been changed? it feels way weaker than it used to be, or perhaps its the way that resistances work now?
Also when i tonberry a boss (confirmed with omega weapon, but possibly happens with everything else) they get the Regenerating buff, completely negating the damage from it, or even healing over it.

there's a quest that seems to not show up on the quest log, the one at the gate near the farm.

Regarding the desyncs, some maps load functions after the game started to avoid it.

Love the map!

Tonberry Materia is a physical attack, so it gets reduced by enemy armor a lot. He does reset an enemy's HP to what they had when you cast Tonberry just before dealing damage however, so the Regenerating issue is actually (secretly) circumvented, at least in 0.9.5.2 (not in prior .5 versions).

Regarding the quest at the game, there is no quest there, that is merely a cutscene.

Level 1
I'm having a problem with loading the save in the multiplayer. I hosted the game and my friends joined in, i loaded my character smoothly but when the others loaded, they instantly got disconnected. It seem only the host wont get disconnect since they are the host. If others try to load they will get instant disconnect. We had tried the -load and -loadf but it wouldn't do. We are running on The 1.29.2 patch.

Level 1
hey guys, how can i fish? and i want to get white chocobo, anyone who knows to get white chocobo?

Level 1
Thank you for continuing to maintain this map even after all these years, I remember playing this a lot back in the mid-2000s and I really had a blast with it. With the announcement of Warcraft III Reforged it got me interested in trying this map out again with the latest improvements you made. I really like the quality of life changes you made, especially to the winter area (It was pretty bland in the original version I grew up with). After playing the map for a couple hours I’ve identified a few minor things that could use fixing as well as a few quality of life suggestions for how the map could be further improved. Keep up the good work, I’m looking forward to future updates.

Things that could use fixing:

1. Tarugaya and Rakugaya are mixed up in the spirit of Gaya shop (one buys the other and vice versa).

2. In the quest description for Annoying Monster, I believe there is a typo, the word "here" should be replaced with "her".

3. Stackable items of the same type cannot be picked up when inventory is full. Although it is possible to drop one item from your inventory, pick up the stackable item and then pick up the item you originally dropped, this is somewhat of a tedious workaround.

4. When a player goes to the bottom left hand corner of the map and gets the Tower of Summoning Quest, the boss for that quest immediately attacks the player. Since some players may not know that when they go to the wizard for the quest that it will trigger a boss battle, unprepared players could easily be caught off guard and be pwned before they have time to escape. To that end, you should maneuver the boss slightly away from where you get the quest so that the player can chose when to tackle the quest at their own discretion rather than being caught by surprise.

5. This might be a bit of a nitpick but when it comes to the upgrades you can purchase from home and you try to purchase something before meeting the level requirements it will say you have "blank" levels remaining before you can purchase it, even if there is only one level remaining. If this could be somehow modified to have the word "levels" replaced with "level" singular in instances where there is only one level remaining to meet the requirements that would be great.

6. When the yellow text appears where the player tells Ao Madoushi about the Zodiac Stone the word "the" should be inserted before Zodiac Stone as the grammar sounds a little weird without the "the" before Zodiac Stone in that instance.

7. When the player goes to talk to Ao Madoushi about the appearance of the demon in town, in one of his lines he says "I used Far Sight spell." This should be changed to "I used a Far Sight spell."

8. For the quest Save Timmy, the player has to go to a gnoll camp to rescue him. While there is no issue with the quest itself, right in front of the gnoll camp is a small intersection where a lot of roaming monsters pass through. The end result was that I had to kill about 200 or so monsters before I could even get clearance to get to the gnoll camp. This didn't make the game more difficult or anything like that but having to wade through that many roaming enemies just so I could get to where I needed to complete the quest was a little ridiculous. If you could do something to slightly reduce enemy traffic in the area in front of that gnoll camp it would be appreciated.

9. When the player talks to Kenarius for the first time, there is a line where he says "My task is protecting the gate between the human and ancient continents, and to aid human travellers pass through the Ancient Forest." The word “travelers” in this sentence is misspelled and has two l's instead of one.

10. At the top middle of the map there is a doodad wall, at the farthest right portion of this wall the last section is slightly misaligned, jutting more forward than the rest of the wall.

11. For the quest Naisha, when you appear before Galadriel there is a line where she says "We know much aboutf them." The word "about" should have the last letter removed from the end of it to fix the spelling.

12. The throne on the orc island to the south has no collision.

13. When the player's hero talks to Ramuh after completing the Tower of Summoning quest, the hero's portrait appears black for the hero's first line of dialogue (in subsequent lines the portrait appears as normal).

14. When the player's hero goes to inform the night elves of Hashmalum's return, Galadriel says the following line, "It will take time but Hashmalum wil eventually be found." The word "will" in this sentence should have an extra "l" added to the end of it to correct the spelling.

15. When the player gets a quest from Feanor, there is a line where he says, "Celeborn and Galadriel think that Satyrs may still be saved from they wretched existance but they are wrong." The word "they" should be changed to "their" to correct the grammar. Furthermore, the word "existence" is spelled wrong with the "a" needing to be changed to a "e".

16. At thirteen parts of the map the terrain has visual errors that lets the player see through the world into the void behind it. Also, there are two small areas that are kind of hard to see where one part of the terrain doesn't attach properly to the terrain nearby, making it cut off abruptly. In addition to this, there is also one area at the end of a lake where the water cuts off weird making it look like it's floating in the air a little. Furthermore, there are two areas next to a waterfall where the water cuts off abruptly. Finally, there are two bridges that aren't properly attached to the nearby terrain, causing them to cut off in an odd manner. For reference I've made twenty screenshots of these errors and put them in my dropbox. The images can be accessed via the following links:

https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...vK9vByhXTwH5cwHgV4kjhsN8Wb3/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...SZQpFuzezH0AsZ5smPrb3GM-ZUc/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...mbsN9xtDWuSa_E3uhSyC1CrrcAO/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...cS2IBuEYPjMVZIcH0uxX2MuWOzB/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...I1F2Qle9vuBSITguw4MvpKTN8_n/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...Kc0nMai1i3L6MDAc_qn004Wg7aI/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...xekydlCtcCTTUnN9bBsKD8p_26y/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...DRWImncL7HF9gFuD_h4rL7SuWn3/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...ImpzCRK2m0fYvVoHfoWpMhi5BPt/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...3hLCuX4iWWRf0Val72WyZWfw7h0/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...Zn9CWCJUlyX-P3gowpOGA6hPceQ/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...PySFu0c3Q3ykQ3Du118poR5R68w/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...nrhBaOipGPimzoqDQxC_hT-06S0/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...YvENASCA2LNkcJte8qkqgeRivcB/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...0N37QMT5I2N3zPJJ06SQFERZSJh/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...fu5511ZydaZxTusQ5OYajL4RRSZ/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...q3w2QTTQMD55o66HlC5V209Ojh0/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...ZUtbGYIN0_1dMchTBgAeEIimTym/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...xtv5sGvckOMhBmHa2dUf_H4OD7S/p.png?size_mode=5
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...TeYFCw4yxm7NKypR-XJxDvlnuTN/p.png?size_mode=5

General Suggestions:

Suggestion 1 - Introduce a system where when the player is of a high enough level, lower level enemies will ignore the player unless attacked, this could make navigating through these areas by foot later in the game somewhat less tedious as the spawn count tends to be high and the exp drop at that point is practically nil.

Suggestion 2 - Over the course of time, enemies drop lots of loot which can result in situations late game where 100s if not 1000s of treasure chests are scattered all over the map. To prevent this buildup of loot that can't be carried I suggest implementing the following system from Torchlight, a game made by the guys that worked on the original two Diablo games; enabling pets to take loot back to town for sale. In this case the pet would be the Spirit of Gaya the player has following them around. In exchange for taking loot back to town the only drawback to the player would be that they would not be able to use their spirit of Gaya for a limited amount of time. This should make players more money in the long run and it should help declutter the map from an overabundance of loot.

Edit- I'd like to apologize for how long this post ended up turning out. Originally, I only intended to point out a small handful of things, but as I played the map more and more over the next couple of days, I just kept finding more and more stuff that could use tweaking since I'm kind of a perfectionist. I hope I didn't go too overboard with this or come across as overly nitpicky.

Last edited:
Level 1
I found some bugs.

1. unable summon brothers in tower summoning
2. unable summon eden on Priscilla
3. unable order Ice Hermit to cut down the tree

Please help how to solve these bugs

Thanks

Level 1
I might be horrendously wrong, but it seems like the Knight's Armor Break ability does absolutely nothing. It doesn't seem to decrease the selected enemy's armor value nor do my attacks do any more damage after using the ability.

Level 1
I might be horrendously wrong, but it seems like the Knight's Armor Break ability does absolutely nothing. It doesn't seem to decrease the selected enemy's armor value nor do my attacks do any more damage after using the ability.

That's strange, when I used armor break on those heavily armored turtles on that one island it seemed to work just fine for me.

Level 7
Hello, I just played the newest version (0.9.5.2) and the house upgrades don't seem to work. I tested it in 0.9.5.1, and there it worked just fine. I tested it on the samurai and the meditator, both didn't seem to work. The damage stayed on 120-130, instead of becoming higher

Level 5
Hello, I just played the newest version (0.9.5.2) and the house upgrades don't seem to work. I tested it in 0.9.5.1, and there it worked just fine. I tested it on the samurai and the meditator, both didn't seem to work. The damage stayed on 120-130, instead of becoming higher
This is an issue that happens due to warcraft version 1.31 changing the indices of several new functions from starting at 1 to starting at 0. In an attempt to fix a potential desync problem I changed the House upgrades from using regular upgrades to using triggers for it in version 0.9.5.2, not anticipating that this would happen. The same change also makes abilities on Master level largely useless as the code now believes their mana cost to be 0 and ability power is heavily dependent on mana cost. Some other abilities are also broken as a result. And finally, fishing does not work anymore.

All these problems can be fixed locally by playing on an earlier version than Warcraft III version 1.31. The next planned release will be adapted to these changes, but it may still take a while before it's out.

pyf

pyf

Level 31
You're welcome.

What you may want to request, is a previous version of this RPG map. It was first uploaded here in 2015, at a time when v1.26a was the current version of the game (fyi, the two 1.27.x patches were released in 2016).

Level 9
Awesome, thanks for the update :thumbs_up: Still trying to find them new jobs...

Only played a few hours, I noticed a few bugs: Archer passive's icon is missing a DISBTN version, it appears in bright green when your press Esc, and there are a few lines from the new NPC in the Shipyard (the Hunt guy) that are too long and truncated. Nothing major :)

Edit: I love the new additions to the main questline, the hunt and the armory, those are very cool!

Last edited:
Level 23
Haven't finished it yet, here's what I've found so far:

Instant text speed skips the cinematics instead.

No FF background music?

Some cutscene lines get cut off:
* Shinra: "But I know he w"
* Wedge: "but with the recent growth of"
* Jessie: "I will offer you a reward and o"
* Bansat: happened twice.

Computer-player slots should be transferred to the human player(s).

NPCs should turn to the triggering hero when talking.

Why does Naisha only have a single Sentinel charge?

Delivery quest items should be clickable, and ping the corresponding location.

Keep getting "ally's town under attack" warnings.

During the Setag fight (and others, like the ogre), it's possible and even likely for random creeps to join in.

Alma (and Izlude and Ao)'s cutscene pans the camera at an angle, is that supposed to happen?

The "new items at the bazaar" message appeared several times but after a while there were no new items.

Tried to buy a belt from the arena, but it dropped saying it required a level 15 Spirit. Once this was the case, the belt still drops when my hero picks it up (doesn't drop from the spirit).

Barrens: NH buildings can spawn on cliffs.

Brought Bali his Arcanium, but there's nothing to forge.

Used a nut on Boco, but didn't get the nut back when the failure message showed up.

Kesha only registers Exotic Stones in a very small area.

Hunt Club leaderboard stays visible during cutscenes, as does the discord hint.

There's been several times when my hero died without any sign of having been hit.

Does Naisha die or get teleported to safety so she can return after a while? I've seen both.

Naisha returning should have a timer.

Last edited:
Level 9
Creeps joining in boss fights is intended you can't expect all of them to just stand still until you've defeated the boss
The "new items at the bazaar" can mean there are more copies of an item that was already sold by the bazaar
The belt dropping might be cause your hero already had an accessory
Bali's forge doesn't sell stuff straight away, instead you have to give Bali specific items (like Nethril) so that the forge has items to sell

Those are most likely not bugs

Level 23
It's not a question of standing still but of them coming in from halfway across the screen. One fight I saw had about a dozen enemies, only one or two of them summoned by or placed near the boss.

Bear armor seems low, in the arena most creeps have 50 or more but they have less than 10.

Cat's Ring sometimes doesn't work, playing an error sound but not saying why.

Teleport to Arena stopped working at some point (and I still need to go there for Ao's quest).

On reaching level 50 in a class, the message says all stats are boosted by 10 but the ability says by 20.

Since Patrol is gone, maybe find a new ability to put in its place, or an information passive.

Archer's Sharpshooter has no DISBTN.

Items used by the spirit don't show cooldown or manacost.

The protectors in the Night Elf village aren't rooted.

It's only noticeable after a while, but powerups leave these ugly shadows everywhere on the ground.

Are cleaned up items removed from the house/near the house?

The Impenetrable armor type icon has a little upgrade square.

Summons should be based on the spirit's stats (or however it is Naisha improves), because while a hero in an underleveled jobs can take on disproportionately high-level enemies, the summons are instakilled.

On the central island, ended up in a fight with 2 Adamanchelids and Adamantoises each (should there be more than Adamantoise? It does say Boss on the unit) who'd popped up and joined in. When I'd killed the first chelid, all other monsters disappeared.

Hero of Gaya achievement doesn't show up on the Spirit.

So what does the Tech Finish do?

Last edited:
Level 23
Got the Rumored Adventurer achievement, but the spirit achievement stayed at Junior. Same with the Gaya Master.

Unobtained Spirit achievements should have passive icons so you can see what you need to do to get them (I got Magus, but don't know how).

Naisha should gain health as she can get one-shotted by some boss spells.

Link and Adria: After seeing both, trying attacking one and the other, but neither of them took any damage or turned hostile. Even after the Huntress, Adria remains at 100% block.

Night Elf village can be reached long before the plot requires it (same for Naisha's quest). In fact, because of the arena teleport bug I had to reach it, and from there find the naga place so I could open the arena door and continue the plot progression.

The Gafgarion cutscene triggered apparently at random.

Exdeath doesn't turn to face attackers.

Questgivers, bosses and NPCs asking for loot should be visibly different (different color, bigger...) from the units they share models with.

After his quest is over, Kenarius' speech bubble is inside his head.

Mastered two classes (Squire and Calculator), but the food counter stays at zero. The spirit's Mastery achievement also doesn't change.

Been slaughtering countless satyrs over several hours and still no hoof. Why are the drop chances so low?

Another interrupted sentence in Cid's cutscene (the "emergency signal" one).

The target minigame doesn't work.

Ice section should not use Blizzard dirt cliffs, or at least hide them under snowy doodads.

Oaka doesn't seem to cut anything down.

Tree ghost: What? How were you supposed to know that would happen?

Level requirements should state which level is needed (Hero level, Spirit level, combined class levels...).

Chaos and the fake priest tend to stunlock you.

The fake priest can cast two meteors in a row?

Why is there another Cu Chullain?

Last edited:
Level 1
I just created this account to accomplish you for this great map, i should have spend around 600 hours in this map, and for me is the best rpg in warcraft 3, a masterpiece, and as a final fantasy fan i love this even more, so congratulations for this game and your effort to keep it updated, hundreds of contents and details, for me you just made the perfect map.

Level 1
So i used the -savef command to save but the code is to long to load. It's over 120 characters long. I can copy paste the code in, but if i have the -load infront it's to long. The lvl is 487 which i quess i the total level of all the characters.

Level 23
Several times now I've been killed at full health by a Snap Dragon.

Giving wands to the spirit and casting sometimes results in the spell not being cast but the cooldown still starts (mostly the Fire wand).

OK, correction: spirit achievements disappear when loading, only the icon stays but it doesn't list the rank.

Whenever I load the map, the minimap switches to hide terrain for some reason, even if it was turned on while saving.

When loading the map from a saved game, the screen is half-FF, half dragon from the melee map loading screen.

So towards the end of the monster hunt festival, no more monsters appeared while the NPCs suddenly started gaining huge amounts of points. Is that supposed to happen?

Did the monster hunt 4 times now, only once did enough monsters spawn for me to win.

During the siege events, there should be a warning when Cid and other important NPCs are getting dangerously low on HP.

Finished the golem heart sidequest, but Alma still has a yellow exclamation mark over her head and selecting her does nothing.

Gave Dana the Maiden's Eye, but nothing happened. Also, how is Dana not aware of you killing Najsh?

Summoned eidolons should appear at the summoner's location, not the tower.

Last edited:
Level 5
@Dann1295 You can either use the "-loadf" (or -loadx) command to load directly from the file itself, or load in the code in two chunks - "-load" the part of the code up to the brackets (), then "-loada" with the rest. There's supposed to be a warning about this when you save but perhaps it's not being shown when it should be.

@cleavinghammer Thanks for the feedback ^^ several of the issues you described seem to stem from the fact that using Warcraft 3 saving on version 1.31 breaks a lot of triggers, specifically "Unit - Specific Unit Event" IIRC. It's a known issue and I hope it'll be fixed in the next patch. As for the lore question, Dana *is* aware of it.

@ppigari Glad to hear it ;)

Level 23
During the hunt festival ending cutscene, Montblanc gave the wrong name (Monica for Ward), the rest of the scene went normally (Ward's portrait answered).

I keep getting a ping near the town entrance, but I don't know what it's for (Giving potions to Fire maybe?)

During the leadup to the Gravity brave battle, you take unavoidable damage as you're getting sucked in, starting the battle at around half health (on a level 80 hero).

It's possible to start arena battles outside the arena (that is, on the other side of the barrier). The barrier does no damage to the enemies.

After Shinra's frogs are gone, the effect still plays on all four frogs' locations.

Started McBurn's challenge outside the arena, it gave me an instant win. Did it again (there should be a timer for it), and now he can't be killed even with whosyourdaddy, and the challenge doesn't seem to end either. Had to let him kill me to finish it. This happens even when he gets a ping.

McBurn the questgiver should be hidden during his fight.

How do I unlock the two cups that come between the Islands and the Lothlorien one?

Demon Banishers (Galadriel & Celeborn arena fight) tooltip is incomplete.

During the Echele bossfight:
** The Icy Realm teleport should drop you closer to the boss fight, or at least the creeps should stop spawning between the teleport and the boss.
** I don't know how many forms Echele went through, but I'd only managed to kill 11 of the Braves. Does that change anything or does he go through all the zodiac forms regardless of whether they were already beaten?
** Since the final one says it's Echele's final form, it should look different from all the preceding ones.

So how do Maechen's hints work? Clicking them doesn't ping anything.

Killed the Dark Ifrit, and got the message "Q51 Failsafe: 3".

Level 1
guys i need help, i cant seem to progress the fishing quest. i finished the nebra angler quest, but i cant find the king of the sea quest. can anyone give a hint? thanks in advance

Level 1
After playing with the 0.9.6 map, and then 0.9.6.1, I noticed a couple of things that I can't figure out:

Question 1:
What do I need to do to get the armory upgrade?
Edit: I figured this one out :)
As soon as I researched the tools upgrade to level 10 I got an achievement called "Weaponsmith" and the armory was unlocked.
Judging by the name "Weaponsmith" this would probably happen with any of the weapon research upgrades.

Question 2:
Is there a friendly character whose name begins with the letter X? This is for one of the new quests involving a diary.
For that quest I was able to find someone for every other letter of the alphabet.
Edit: Still searching the map. Has anyone found a friendly character who can be chronicled under the letter X?

Last edited:
Level 1
Can anyone tell me how to get the new classes? I've got all the 20 others (and freelance) in Lv99, but cant unlock the new ones