Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.7.3

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
「Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.7.3」

By ILYAS, Karifean

Setup
You play as adventurers, outsiders who have only just arrived in the world of Gaya.
The humans of this world are facing a dire crisis as their environment inexplicably becomes more hostile towards them day by day.
It is up to you to figure out what is going on and put a stop to it.

Screenshots

bTrwh4d.png

xhiaONX.png

4cqcm3B.png

psvoVnb.png

9CHIyNN.png

urd2q60.png

b8YDogr.png

dWpRw8u.png

Features

A full 256x256 map with 10 distinct areas
23 different job classes to play as
Over 90 quests
Equipment system with over 250 pieces of equipment
Saving and loading with codes, to and from local files
Lots of references to Final Fantasy and other JRPGs

Credits

Active Developers: Karifean
Former Developers: ILYAS, Titan[advo], Pfeffer, Wizardum, Loesil, psxlover
Beta Testers: Andrenden, braudiap
Imported Models: Sheyd, Carrington2k
Imported Icons: Mc !, Darkminnion, ragingspeedhorn, The_Silent, Hemske, PeeKay, stonneash, The Panda, Edge45, LifeguardLeroy

Changelog

- New Eternity game mode and challenges for Speedrun mode.
- New level of mastery of jobs to unlock.
- Elemental boosting on gear now stacks additively together.
- Day/Night cycle now affects enemies encountered.
- Ability cooldowns are now affected by Agility as well as Haste and Slow.
- Addition of several new quests and bosses.
- New mystic armor and headgear.
- Switched positions of Lancer, Geomancer and Samurai in the Warrior tree.
- Rebalanced and reworked many classes and skills.
- Addition of new consumable items.

Hotfix 0.9.7.2
- Fixing of several bugs and issues, some very severe ones.
- Addition of some new gear to find.
- Minor balancing tweaks.

Hotfix 0.9.7.3
- Some rebalancing of buffs and debuffs.
- Ability cooldowns have been adjusted.
- Nerfed attack cooldown of Strength heroes.
- New secret boss has been added.
- Fixed several bugs including some potential crashes.

Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Final Fantasy, FFERPG, FF Epic RPG, Open RPG
Contents

Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.7.3 (Map)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b 21:43, 20th Jul 2015 Map Moderated - Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.4 Comment - Ardenian's Review Verdict - Approved, Not Rated Other [TR]Map Submission Rules Staff Contact The Hive's StaffMap Reviewers Description Tutorials
Level 5
Is the map yours?

Short answer, yes.
Long answer, it's become convention to credit ILYAS as the creator since he's the one who originally thought up the concept and designed the map. However, he left the project a long time ago and I'm the one currently leading the (two-man) development team.

Don't know what happened there. It's a 256x256 "epic"-sized map, hence the name.

Level 8
Just spended 10 hours playing the map :D got a replay ;C i found no bug so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

Actually i think i found something.When i loaded my char my gaya spirit only had one of those 3 spells/abilities you buy from Spirit panda (After you finish the quest with Mystical Gylph) and i think since i bought all 3 and i loaded one that is a bug.

EDIT2:

Nvm it bought it again and it works now with load all three

Last edited:
Level 5
Just spended 10 hours playing the map :D got a replay ;C i found no bug so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

Actually i think i found something.When i loaded my char my gaya spirit only had one of those 3 spells/abilities you buy from Spirit panda (After you finish the quest with Mystical Gylph) and i think since i bought all 3 and i loaded one that is a bug.

EDIT2:

Nvm it bought it again and it works now with load all three

Spells from Spirit Panda ARE NOT SAVE-able. You have to Obtain them each game with the quest item (as you did).

Level 8
Spells from Spirit Panda ARE NOT SAVE-able. You have to Obtain them each game with the quest item (as you did).

Nah they are saveable ;D it works ;D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

After beating Island cup for 14 times i still didn't unlock Unique enemy cup so that's a bug unless i'm missing something.

Last edited:
Level 5
Spirit Upgrades are indeed saveable now. You can also save and load items from your House, which you also couldn't before.

Old codes do work, but you'll have to add an extra letter in front of the code for them to be accepted. Add an "A" in front for short (-save) codes and a "B" for long (-SLNG) codes. Note that -LLNG no longer exists, just use -load to load codes. All of this can also be looked up in the ingame questlog informations.

Unique Enemy Cup is now unlocked in a different way. In fact, none of the cup unlocks require you to beat a cup more than three times anymore.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Review Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.4

Visuals - Ambience and Aesthetics

The map features a overall good use of tile variation and use of doodads. Different themed areas promise different designed landscapes and variety in the gameplay.

The map greatly re-cerates the Blizzard style with own elements.
I do not have to say much to it, it is fine and matches the gameplay.

Gameplay and Features

FFE RPG 0.9.4 offers a great hero concept to the players. Instead of choosing one hero and stick to one, you can simply swap between different heroes and styles, allowing great variety and unique gameplay every time you play.
Additionally, many quests promise some challenges, although they sometimes feel not very unique, whereas some are very interesting and their outcome is based on the players decision.
'Secrets' around the map promise some treasure hunting, challenging bosses require team play and strategy.

FFE RPG 0.9.4 has many little secrets which players can discover, speaking of hidden bosses, item recipes and treasures.

I myself played v0.9.3 many hours in single player and I nearly finished the map solo. It is great this map can be played in single player.
Different difficulties allow players to choose exactly what matches their player experience and wishes, having influence on multiple sectors like item drop and hero experience rate.

EDIT: After a random notification strike got me up at 4 am, I forgot about the passive icons. After our map submission rules passive abilities have to have passive icons. These can be easily created using the Button Manager, a tool from Hive.

Result

Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.4 is an interesting RPG one can spend many hours on. While some players might be not enjoying the uniform Blizzard style, the map comes up with great content and features.

You might have to prove that you have the permission from the original author to maintain the map.

I vote for Approval with a rating of 3/5 Useful.
Edit: after you fixed the passive ability buttons ( like the one from chemist).

The final rating depends on the moderator.
A new rating can be requested every time ( = requesting a new review) and you can either ask me or another reviewer to review your map again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

what a legendary map we have here. i miss the old time :)

+Rep for this epic map

Level 2
Can I get a little bit information from map creator about Arena? i found wiki about it, but after Island cup i cant open any other of them,I play on normal ,have about 1000 levels in total ,did all 4 cups like 20-40 times ,did arena expansion quest,and max where i get was lotheron cup or how is it named. what is the problem? why i cant open next cups?

Thanks

Level 2
I do not know why, but my load codes simply does not work, i've tried it on version 0.9.3 just to be sure and it did work, it said add an A infront of the code or the back and tried any all sorts of combinations, would you be able to add in the changelog even some sort of example for the slow ones such as myself? anyhow an example here would be appreciated aswell.

A -load "code"
-load A "code"
-load "code" A
or idk how, thanks in advance.

Level 2
OMFG THIS MAP FINALLY HAS AN UPDATE. OMG YES YES YES YES YES YES...

i do have a few complaints tho. i kinda hated the last version where ultima and omega can be bugged. not to mention the top right ice area's terrain is just... lacking, i felt the development was rushed and not terrained properly.

the transport turtle... should be summonable from the summoning tower. it's a source of bug abuse.

make the max lvl 99. over 99 is just... un-FF-ish.

anyway, thanks for updating, i've played the old version of this map back since it started back in 0.8.3 i think. over 100 hours at least (maxed all heroes)

Level 8
Can I get a little bit information from map creator about Arena? i found wiki about it, but after Island cup i cant open any other of them,I play on normal ,have about 1000 levels in total ,did all 4 cups like 20-40 times ,did arena expansion quest,and max where i get was lotheron cup or how is it named. what is the problem? why i cant open next cups?

Thanks

Well i got all unlocked expect Unique enemy Cup and Dimensional cup.

I did all quest and killed all bosses including omega and Ultimate wepon and so on so did you try that?And did you do Quest from that kid Shihran or what ever was his name back in the main town?

Level 5
Dang, Button Manager looks like a really convenient and useful tool. Wish I'd have known about that earlier :p

Thanks

Both Chocobo Cup and Unique Enemy Cup require that you fulfill conditions outside of the Arena.

Chocobo Cup:
Attack or tame any wild chocobo; this unlocks the chocobo arena opponent in Guardia Forest Cup. Defeat him and win the cup to unlock Chocobo Cup.
Unique Enemy Cup:
Kill all three green monsters - the Cactuar in Barrens, the Malboro in Ancient Forest and the Tonberry in Dark Dragon Marsh - then win Island Cup afterwards.

The cups beyond Lothlorien Cup are unlocked the same as always.

I do not know why, but my load codes simply does not work, i've tried it on version 0.9.3 just to be sure and it did work, it said add an A infront of the code or the back and tried any all sorts of combinations, would you be able to add in the changelog even some sort of example for the slow ones such as myself? anyhow an example here would be appreciated aswell.

A -load "code"
-load A "code"
-load "code" A
or idk how, thanks in advance.

What I meant was

-load A<code>

As in you take your code, put an "A" in front of it (without a space inbetween!) and that is your new code that should be compatible with 0.9.4.

i do have a few complaints tho. i kinda hated the last version where ultima and omega can be bugged. not to mention the top right ice area's terrain is just... lacking, i felt the development was rushed and not terrained properly.

the transport turtle... should be summonable from the summoning tower. it's a source of bug abuse.

make the max lvl 99. over 99 is just... un-FF-ish.

I don't believe Ultima and Omega can be bugged anymore, at least not nearly as hard as a few versions back. The Snowy Mountains Region got a good workover for 0.9.3.

I'm curious to hear about the bug abuse regarding Transport Turtle, if it's still doable even now.

The max level has been 99 for a few versions now. I agree, over 99 felt off to the Final Fantasy fan in me ^^

Level 5
Well, this look nice. Wanna check it..... later.... . I do not know what lies before this map... Lothlorien? Hmmm, I think that name is just same as Lothlorien forest in LotR...

Level 2
What I meant was

-load A<code>

As in you take your code, put an "A" in front of it (without a space inbetween!) and that is your new code that should be compatible with 0.9.4.

Getting an error "Fail Name Check", not sure what i'm doing wrong tbh, do you want me to pm my code in private or somthing? cuz i dont want to discard it after maxing pretty much everything... i'm using my same name and it works in 0.9.3 is there a 0.9.3b or somthin to code convert?
thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited:
Level 2
Karifean, can you confirm recieveing my PM? it does not show i've sent a message when i infact sent you one, nor does it show when replying to the one you sent me.
if anyone is seeing this here might he be able to tell me why i am not seeing my PM to Karifean?
thanks in advance.

Level 5
I did receive the PMs in question. Thanks to that we've managed to see what the problem is. Unknown characters in names - such as the underscore symbol '_' - are interpreted differently from before, so any players with underscores in their names won't be able to load earlier codes.

We're planning on making a small update 0.9.4.1 that fixes this problem, the passive buttons and a couple other issues.

Level 2
I did receive the PMs in question. Thanks to that we've managed to see what the problem is. Unknown characters in names - such as the underscore symbol '_' - are interpreted differently from before, so any players with underscores in their names won't be able to load earlier codes.

We're planning on making a small update 0.9.4.1 that fixes this problem, the passive buttons and a couple other issues.

Glad to see i could help, cant wait to play this map again, gl and c u soon :D.

Level 5
Why didn't you update the maps of Just Another Orpg ?

What do you mean by update? I am not a map maker and Wouldn't know how to maintain anything even if GUI based.

IF you mean by my signature the links... be more accurate and xplain

Tho... IT's RELEASED! FINALLY...
Add me on Garena: MostNightMare (I am non-stop online that's why)

Level 1
found some bugs
-only red player got benefit from quest exp
-some save bug:
1. My Spirit Gaya has 6 equip when i save, then after i load it, it's only has 2 eq and Hero drink 163 stacks
2.I only upgrade mega heal on spirit gaya, when i load, i got all spirit upgrade, 20 armor aura, and 25% damage aura (which I dont have before)

Level 3
-only red player got benefit from quest exp
Will be fixed for next version, we completely forgot about it. It's actually not only red player, it's all the players up to the first one that levels up. So if red doesn't lvl up from the xp, blue will also get the xp, and if blue doesn't level...

-some save bug:
1. My Spirit Gaya has 6 equip when i save, then after i load it, it's only has 2 eq and Hero drink 163 stacks
2.I only upgrade mega heal on spirit gaya, when i load, i got all spirit upgrade, 20 armor aura, and 25% damage aura (which I dont have before)
Thanks for reporting it. It seems to happen when you save with bazaar items on you (http://fferpg.just-forum.net/t364-load-code-not-perfected).

Last edited:
Level 2
So i found the Eye of Jenova in a completly diferent location than the quest was pinging but Cid won't take it.

Any help?

Level 3
I don't think there is a ping for "Eye of Jenova", it spawns in the arena, so you probably saw pings from another quest.
Also it's Ao Madoushi who wants it, not Cid.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Something that is personally annoying me a lot, could you disable the cinematic sequences completely if the player choose instant cinematic speed ?

It is very annoying being interrupted if it pops up for quests and such, just disable it completely, please, and add text messages for reward information, what do you think ?

Level 2
Err.. okay, thought the Eye of Jenova is the "misteryous artifact" that should drop from the troll boss in the forest, but it doesn't....

Level 3
Something that is personally annoying me a lot, could you disable the cinematic sequences completely if the player choose instant cinematic speed ?

It is very annoying being interrupted if it pops up for quests and such, just disable it completely, please, and add text messages for reward information, what do you think ?
While I agree it's sometimes annoying, and I was considering stopping them completely at some point, except of the problems that occur with cutscenes disabling cinematic completely would mean that there is no indication that another player started/continued/finished a quest, which would create more problems than it would solve.

So i completed the first cup several times and still didin't get the artefact.
What does your quest log say exactly (F9)?

Level 2
What does your quest log say exactly (F9)?[/QUOTE]

Find Artifact

Cid asked you to look for the misteryous artifact in the forest.

Level 3
That's not Eye of Genova, that's the mysterious artifact you get from the troll. Make sure it hasn't dropped behind the trees (use Delete key to rotate the camera). It happened to me once before so we've added a map ping on the next version.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

While I agree it's sometimes annoying, and I was considering stopping them completely at some point, except of the problems that occur with cutscenes disabling cinematic completely would mean that there is no indication that another player started/continued/finished a quest, which would create more problems than it would solve.

Well, you could simple add a trigg that shows 'Player X started/continued/finished Quest Y' or such. Simple and effective :)

Level 31
Uhm

Saving and loading with codes, to and from local files

Does this mean codeless save/load? Like you write to a file, and then you read that file? o_O

Save system updated; dynamic code length, save code can now be saved in a local file

What do you mean by dynamic code length? You only save values that need to be saved or what?... please elaborate : D.

Did you make your own save/load system, or did you use another, or did you follow some tutorial on a save/load system? I'm curious =).

Otherwise I'm very excited to see the return of this great ORPG! If only we could finish Defiance's last ORPG map that he was working on : (.

Level 4
-The Eye of Genova is broken for me as well I have tried taking it to both Ao Madoushi and Sid.
- Evasion one some of the enemies bosses is was too high , as it is almost impossible ti hit them .
- The red turtles with divine armor in the central Islands are way too OP please nerf and slightly increase the damage taken by divine armor .
- As far as I know the dragon and flying serpent area gives more experience than the corrupted ancient forest despite being easier .
- The tool tip for squire's sentinel ability is confusing please fix the grammar . Do I take 70% less damage or do I deal 70% less damage .
- The archer's normal marksmanship ability scales badly , instead of 25% chance at 50 extra damage make it 1.5x extra damage to scale better .
- Mercenary is way too overpowered he killed the boss in the causeway at the tower all by himself .
- The mercenary splits/mirror images don't seem to disappear if he dies .
- Please add the quest tag and remove selling price from the matriacs of water , fire , air ect as to encourage player not to sell them .
- Change player 1's housing as you can teleport behind it using recall getting stuck forcing you to weight for recal to recharge to escape .
- Saving via -save function seem to be broke .

Level 3
-The Eye of Genova is broken for me as well I have tried taking it to both Ao Madoushi and Sid.
Are you unable to give the item? Cause we never had any problem like that. But sometimes the quest entry in F9 doesn't get marked as completed even if it has been completed
- Evasion one some of the enemies bosses is was too high , as it is almost impossible ti hit them .
Are you talking about the Annoying Monster? It wouldn't be annoying otherwise :p. It may be nearly impossible to hit him but it's still easy to kill him.
- The red turtles with divine armor in the central Islands are way too OP please nerf and slightly increase the damage taken by divine armor .
While I agree that probably they are too hard for Central Islands they are not OP at all. You should avoid them unless you are looking for Adamantite or for a lot of xp.
- As far as I know the dragon and flying serpent area gives more experience than the corrupted ancient forest despite being easier .
It's not easier than the corrupted ancient forest, the only enemies "hard" in ancient forest are the flan type monsters.
- The archer's normal marksmanship ability scales badly , instead of 25% chance at 50 extra damage make it 1.5x extra damage to scale better .
Why should it scale? You are supposed to unlock improved markmanship.
- Mercenary is way too overpowered he killed the boss in the causeway at the tower all by himself .
Mercenary's level depends on your max level.
- Please add the quest tag and remove selling price from the matriacs of water , fire , air ect as to encourage player not to sell them .
Matriacs? Are you talking about materials? Water/quake/air/seal materials are not quest items, and one is given to each player so there shouldn't be any problem even if a player sells his. You can also get more through the Bazaar.
- Saving via -save function seem to be broke .
Broken how? Are you talking about the items when you save with bazaar items on your character? That has been discussed already.
If it's not that, then please provide more information.

Level 4
Are you unable to give the item? Cause we never had any problem like that. But sometimes the quest entry in F9 doesn't get marked as completed even if it has been completed

While I agree that probably they are too hard for Central Islands they are not OP at all. You should avoid them unless you are looking for Adamantite or for a lot of xp.

It's not easier than the corrupted ancient forest, the only enemies "hard" in ancient forest are the flan type monsters.

Broken how? Are you talking about the items when you save with bazaar items on your character? That has been discussed already.
If it's not that, then please provide more information.
-Well it doesn't want to break again , but during the first time I received a buff rights of omega or something like that , the description said it was for killing a hard boss , and had an icon that looked like a pit lord and my upgrades were messed up .

-Perhaps move the Adimantite turtle to the naga islands .

-Is the samurai meant to be able to walk on water because he can ?

Level 3
-Well it doesn't want to break again , but during the first time I received a buff rights of omega or something like that , the description said it was for killing a hard boss , and had an icon that looked like a pit lord and my upgrades were messed up .
That's the same bug. Like I said it's caused when saving with bazaar goods (or other non-saveable stackable items) and results in random things getting loaded.

-Perhaps move the Adimantite turtle to the naga islands .
What good would that be? They would still be overpowered when compared with other naga island mobs.

-Is the samurai meant to be able to walk on water because he can ?
Yes he is, it says so in his special abilities in the shrine of battle.