1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.6.2

Submitted by Karifean
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
「Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.6.2」

By ILYAS, Karifean

Gameplay
You play as adventurers, outsiders who have only just arrived in the world of Gaya.
The humans of this world are facing a dire crisis as their environment inexplicably becomes more hostile towards them day by day.
It is up to you to figure out what is going on and put a stop to it.

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Features

A full 256x256 map with 10 distinct areas
23 different job classes to play as
Over 70 quests
Equipment system with over 200 pieces of equipment
Saving and loading with codes, to and from local files
Lots of references to Final Fantasy and other JRPGs

Credits

Active Developers: Karifean, psxlover
Former Developers: ILYAS, Titan[advo], Pfeffer, Wizardum, Loesil
Beta Testers: Andrenden, Yunalesca, Fommels, Forest_Speyer
Imported Models: Sheyd, Carrington2k
Imported Icons: Mc !, Darkminnion, ragingspeedhorn, The_Silent, Hemske, PeeKay, stonneash, The Panda, Edge45, LifeguardLeroy

Changelog

Changelog for Version 0.9.6.2

- Mastered jobs can now swap out an ability for another job's.
- Reworked a number of classes and their abilities.
- Ammunition gear now has more unique effects.
- Battle Arena has a new mode.
- Added a new superboss.
- Eidolons now have ultimates.
- New Speedrun Mode.
- Various bugfixes and performance improvements.

Changelog for Version 0.9.6.1

- Custom music can now be played (see more Information in F9).
- Added a DPS meter.
- Fixed some crucial bugs.
- Using Warcraft III saving/loading should work properly now.
- Added a couple extra secrets.
- Buffed Necromancer as well as summoned units from other jobs.
- Katanas now do combo strikes instead of critical hits.
- Added a meme bonus game mode.

Changelog for Version 0.9.6

- 2 new jobs to unlock
- Main questline expanded
- Hunt Club added with many new hunts to take on
- Replaced some underused or unfitting job abilities
- Several more quests and bosses added
- Offhand gear has been greatly expanded
- Spirit of Gaya can now pick up coins and shards directly
- Spirit of Gaya can now use items for your hero
- Spirit of Gaya's abilities can now be upgraded to three levels
- Your achievements are now chronicled and saved
- And a lot more to discover!
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Final Fantasy, FFERPG, FF Epic RPG, Open RPG
Contents

Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.6.2 (Map)

Reviews
[IMG] StoPCampinGn00b 21:43, 20th Jul 2015 [IMG][IMG] Map Moderated - Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.4 [IMG] Comment - Ardenian's Review [IMG] Verdict - Approved, Not Rated[c] Other [tr]Map Submission Rules Staff Contact The Hive's StaffMap...
  1. neven1

neven1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Big Abomination drops it.

So you taken the forest cup after you took the quest? o.o weird works for me every time.

2. psxlover

psxlover

Resources:
    Resources:
    While I agree it's sometimes annoying, and I was considering stopping them completely at some point, except of the problems that occur with cutscenes disabling cinematic completely would mean that there is no indication that another player started/continued/finished a quest, which would create more problems than it would solve.

What does your quest log say exactly (F9)?

3. Buburo

Buburo

Resources:
    Resources:
    What does your quest log say exactly (F9)?[/QUOTE]

Find Artifact

Cid asked you to look for the misteryous artifact in the forest.

4. psxlover

psxlover

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's not Eye of Genova, that's the mysterious artifact you get from the troll. Make sure it hasn't dropped behind the trees (use Delete key to rotate the camera). It happened to me once before so we've added a map ping on the next version.

5. Well, you could simple add a trigg that shows 'Player X started/continued/finished Quest Y' or such. Simple and effective :)

6. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Uhm

Does this mean codeless save/load? Like you write to a file, and then you read that file? o_O

What do you mean by dynamic code length? You only save values that need to be saved or what?... please elaborate : D.

Did you make your own save/load system, or did you use another, or did you follow some tutorial on a save/load system? I'm curious =).

Otherwise I'm very excited to see the return of this great ORPG! If only we could finish Defiance's last ORPG map that he was working on : (.

7. savinguptobebroke

savinguptobebroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    -The Eye of Genova is broken for me as well I have tried taking it to both Ao Madoushi and Sid.
    - Evasion one some of the enemies bosses is was too high , as it is almost impossible ti hit them .
    - The red turtles with divine armor in the central Islands are way too OP please nerf and slightly increase the damage taken by divine armor .
    - As far as I know the dragon and flying serpent area gives more experience than the corrupted ancient forest despite being easier .
    - The tool tip for squire's sentinel ability is confusing please fix the grammar . Do I take 70% less damage or do I deal 70% less damage .
    - The archer's normal marksmanship ability scales badly , instead of 25% chance at 50 extra damage make it 1.5x extra damage to scale better .
    - Mercenary is way too overpowered he killed the boss in the causeway at the tower all by himself .
    - The mercenary splits/mirror images don't seem to disappear if he dies .
    - Please add the quest tag and remove selling price from the matriacs of water , fire , air ect as to encourage player not to sell them .
    - Change player 1's housing as you can teleport behind it using recall getting stuck forcing you to weight for recal to recharge to escape .
    - Saving via -save function seem to be broke .

8. psxlover

psxlover

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are you unable to give the item? Cause we never had any problem like that. But sometimes the quest entry in F9 doesn't get marked as completed even if it has been completed
    Are you talking about the Annoying Monster? It wouldn't be annoying otherwise :p. It may be nearly impossible to hit him but it's still easy to kill him.
    While I agree that probably they are too hard for Central Islands they are not OP at all. You should avoid them unless you are looking for Adamantite or for a lot of xp.
    It's not easier than the corrupted ancient forest, the only enemies "hard" in ancient forest are the flan type monsters.
    Why should it scale? You are supposed to unlock improved markmanship.
    Mercenary's level depends on your max level.
    Matriacs? Are you talking about materials? Water/quake/air/seal materials are not quest items, and one is given to each player so there shouldn't be any problem even if a player sells his. You can also get more through the Bazaar.
    Broken how? Are you talking about the items when you save with bazaar items on your character? That has been discussed already.
    If it's not that, then please provide more information.

9. savinguptobebroke

savinguptobebroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    -Well it doesn't want to break again , but during the first time I received a buff rights of omega or something like that , the description said it was for killing a hard boss , and had an icon that looked like a pit lord and my upgrades were messed up .

-Perhaps move the Adimantite turtle to the naga islands .

-Is the samurai meant to be able to walk on water because he can ?

10. psxlover

psxlover

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's the same bug. Like I said it's caused when saving with bazaar goods (or other non-saveable stackable items) and results in random things getting loaded.

What good would that be? They would still be overpowered when compared with other naga island mobs.

Yes he is, it says so in his special abilities in the shrine of battle.

11. Elmonodara

Elmonodara

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bugs

I also found the eye of Jenova bug, I got the item before I got the quest but when I finally got the quest I could not give the eye over, its like the guy does not know I have the item.

I noticed that with most others quests, when you get a quest item before getting the quest they don't know you have the item and it breaks the quest. even if you drop the item then grab it again.

Same with the quest to slay the orc in the base, I killed the orc before i got the quest and when i got the quest for killing him it did not recognize that it had already been killed, I tried to go back to the base to see if he had re-spawned or something but no luck so another broken quest, had to restart the game to reset the quests.

Maybe implement a -reset <quest> command and have it only work if the quest has not been completed yet.

12. Isn't needed if the triggering is good.

After many users reporting bugs I start thinking about whether my vote for approval was rushed. I hope you fix the bugs reported soon.

13. Karifean

Karifean

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We were unaware of the fact that using Warcraft III saving and loading causes hidden items to be unhidden upon loading. We're switching over to just creating the items as they are needed instead.

Update should be ready sometime this week.

14. psxlover

psxlover

Resources:
    Resources:
    The only way I see you could obtain it before you get the quest is through the save bug mentioned above. You still have to kill King Queklain before pick up Eye of Jenova to continue the quest.

Can you list the items you were able to get before the quests that made you unable to finish the quests?

This one has been reported before, I believe there was code for finishing it even if you had already killed Kilrog, no idea why ir didn't work, but I think Karifean has already changed it.

Simply, no. This would require significantly more work than fixing any issues, and it would create more problems than it would try to fix.

15. Elmonodara

Elmonodara

Resources:
    Resources:
    eye of jenova quest is ok as long as you kill the big undead guy, it triggers the quest item collected. but really annoying bug, i have mastered all the warrior jobs to lvl 50 and changed to freelancer but it is weak as shit, freelancer does not seem to realise that i have mastered classes and is still as weak as if i only mastered 1 class or none.

16. psxlover

psxlover

Resources:
    Resources:
    It should be impossible to obtain it before getting the quest in the next version.

As for freelancer, his stats depend on Ultimate Mastered classes.

17. Djole

Djole

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ninjas dual-weld doesnt work...

18. Karifean

Karifean

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can't carry a shield if you want to use a second weapon.

19. neven1

neven1

Resources:
    Resources:
    o.o i have no idea how do you people have this problems i didn't have any problem in the game at all ;o

20. Elmonodara

Elmonodara

Resources:
    Resources:
    thanks for letting me know, should have it updated in the info.