1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.6.1

Submitted by Karifean
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
「Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.6.1」

By ILYAS, Karifean

Gameplay
You play as adventurers, outsiders who have only just arrived in the world of Gaya.
The humans of this world are facing a dire crisis as their environment inexplicably becomes more hostile towards them day by day.
It is up to you to figure out what is going on and put a stop to it.

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Features

A full 256x256 map with 10 distinct areas
23 different job classes to play as
Over 70 quests
Equipment system with over 200 pieces of equipment
Saving and loading with codes, to and from local files
Lots of references to Final Fantasy and other JRPGs

Credits

Active Developers: Karifean, psxlover
Former Developers: ILYAS, Titan[advo], Pfeffer, Wizardum, Loesil
Beta Testers: Andrenden, Yunalesca, Fommels, Forest_Speyer
Imported Models: Sheyd, Carrington2k
Imported Icons: Mc !, Darkminnion, ragingspeedhorn, The_Silent, Hemske, PeeKay, stonneash, The Panda, Edge45, LifeguardLeroy

Changelog

Changelog for Version 0.9.6.1

- Custom music can now be played (see more Information in F9).
- Added a DPS meter.
- Fixed some crucial bugs.
- Using Warcraft III saving/loading should work properly now.
- Added a couple extra secrets.
- Buffed Necromancer as well as summoned units from other jobs.
- Katanas now do combo strikes instead of critical hits.
- Added a meme bonus game mode.

Changelog for Version 0.9.6

- 2 new jobs to unlock
- Main questline expanded
- Hunt Club added with many new hunts to take on
- Replaced some underused or unfitting job abilities
- Several more quests and bosses added
- Offhand gear has been greatly expanded
- Spirit of Gaya can now pick up coins and shards directly
- Spirit of Gaya can now use items for your hero
- Spirit of Gaya's abilities can now be upgraded to three levels
- Your achievements are now chronicled and saved
- And a lot more to discover!
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Final Fantasy, FFERPG, FF Epic RPG, Open RPG
Contents

Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.6.1 (Map)

Reviews
[IMG] StoPCampinGn00b 21:43, 20th Jul 2015 [IMG][IMG] Map Moderated - Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.4 [IMG] Comment - Ardenian's Review [IMG] Verdict - Approved, Not Rated[c] Other [tr]Map Submission Rules Staff Contact The Hive's StaffMap...
  1. Narmaya-

Narmaya-

Resources:
    Resources:
    can i open this map in older warcraft (1.26) ?

2. Sephiroth6.6.6

Sephiroth6.6.6

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi. im wandering the same. can i play this awesome map in 1.27?
    thx for the reply and excellent work

3. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    According to this post, no and no.

4. Sephiroth6.6.6

Sephiroth6.6.6

Resources:
    Resources:
  5. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You're welcome.

What you may want to request, is a previous version of this RPG map. It was first uploaded here in 2015, at a time when v1.26a was the current version of the game (fyi, the two 1.27.x patches were released in 2016).

6. Karifean

Karifean

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Version 0.9.6 is now released. Enjoy y'all.

7. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Awesome, thanks for the update :thumbs_up: Still trying to find them new jobs...

Only played a few hours, I noticed a few bugs: Archer passive's icon is missing a DISBTN version, it appears in bright green when your press Esc, and there are a few lines from the new NPC in the Shipyard (the Hunt guy) that are too long and truncated. Nothing major :)

Edit: I love the new additions to the main questline, the hunt and the armory, those are very cool!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  8. Horselord12

Horselord12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hm... I will try to convince my brother to play this together as years ago.
    Back then was already awesome but my load code was broken so I lost +20 hours of gameplay work 2 years ago.

Looks great so far!:infl_thumbs_up:

9. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Haven't finished it yet, here's what I've found so far:

Instant text speed skips the cinematics instead.

No FF background music?

Some cutscene lines get cut off:
    * Shinra: "But I know he w"
    * Wedge: "but with the recent growth of"
    * Jessie: "I will offer you a reward and o"
    * Bansat: happened twice.

Computer-player slots should be transferred to the human player(s).

NPCs should turn to the triggering hero when talking.

Why does Naisha only have a single Sentinel charge?

Delivery quest items should be clickable, and ping the corresponding location.

Keep getting "ally's town under attack" warnings.

During the Setag fight (and others, like the ogre), it's possible and even likely for random creeps to join in.

Alma (and Izlude and Ao)'s cutscene pans the camera at an angle, is that supposed to happen?

The "new items at the bazaar" message appeared several times but after a while there were no new items.

Tried to buy a belt from the arena, but it dropped saying it required a level 15 Spirit. Once this was the case, the belt still drops when my hero picks it up (doesn't drop from the spirit).

Barrens: NH buildings can spawn on cliffs.

Brought Bali his Arcanium, but there's nothing to forge.

Used a nut on Boco, but didn't get the nut back when the failure message showed up.

Kesha only registers Exotic Stones in a very small area.

Hunt Club leaderboard stays visible during cutscenes, as does the discord hint.

There's been several times when my hero died without any sign of having been hit.

Does Naisha die or get teleported to safety so she can return after a while? I've seen both.

Naisha returning should have a timer.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  10. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Creeps joining in boss fights is intended you can't expect all of them to just stand still until you've defeated the boss
    The "new items at the bazaar" can mean there are more copies of an item that was already sold by the bazaar
    The belt dropping might be cause your hero already had an accessory
    Bali's forge doesn't sell stuff straight away, instead you have to give Bali specific items (like Nethril) so that the forge has items to sell

Those are most likely not bugs

11. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's not a question of standing still but of them coming in from halfway across the screen. One fight I saw had about a dozen enemies, only one or two of them summoned by or placed near the boss.

Bear armor seems low, in the arena most creeps have 50 or more but they have less than 10.

Cat's Ring sometimes doesn't work, playing an error sound but not saying why.

Teleport to Arena stopped working at some point (and I still need to go there for Ao's quest).

On reaching level 50 in a class, the message says all stats are boosted by 10 but the ability says by 20.

Since Patrol is gone, maybe find a new ability to put in its place, or an information passive.

Archer's Sharpshooter has no DISBTN.

Items used by the spirit don't show cooldown or manacost.

The protectors in the Night Elf village aren't rooted.

It's only noticeable after a while, but powerups leave these ugly shadows everywhere on the ground.

Are cleaned up items removed from the house/near the house?

The Impenetrable armor type icon has a little upgrade square.

Summons should be based on the spirit's stats (or however it is Naisha improves), because while a hero in an underleveled jobs can take on disproportionately high-level enemies, the summons are instakilled.

On the central island, ended up in a fight with 2 Adamanchelids and Adamantoises each (should there be more than Adamantoise? It does say Boss on the unit) who'd popped up and joined in. When I'd killed the first chelid, all other monsters disappeared.

Hero of Gaya achievement doesn't show up on the Spirit.

So what does the Tech Finish do?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  12. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Got the Rumored Adventurer achievement, but the spirit achievement stayed at Junior. Same with the Gaya Master.

Unobtained Spirit achievements should have passive icons so you can see what you need to do to get them (I got Magus, but don't know how).

Naisha should gain health as she can get one-shotted by some boss spells.

Link and Adria: After seeing both, trying attacking one and the other, but neither of them took any damage or turned hostile. Even after the Huntress, Adria remains at 100% block.

Night Elf village can be reached long before the plot requires it (same for Naisha's quest). In fact, because of the arena teleport bug I had to reach it, and from there find the naga place so I could open the arena door and continue the plot progression.

The Gafgarion cutscene triggered apparently at random.

Exdeath doesn't turn to face attackers.

Questgivers, bosses and NPCs asking for loot should be visibly different (different color, bigger...) from the units they share models with.

After his quest is over, Kenarius' speech bubble is inside his head.

Mastered two classes (Squire and Calculator), but the food counter stays at zero. The spirit's Mastery achievement also doesn't change.

Been slaughtering countless satyrs over several hours and still no hoof. Why are the drop chances so low?

Another interrupted sentence in Cid's cutscene (the "emergency signal" one).

The target minigame doesn't work.

Ice section should not use Blizzard dirt cliffs, or at least hide them under snowy doodads.

Oaka doesn't seem to cut anything down.

Tree ghost: What? How were you supposed to know that would happen?

Level requirements should state which level is needed (Hero level, Spirit level, combined class levels...).

Chaos and the fake priest tend to stunlock you.

The fake priest can cast two meteors in a row?

Why is there another Cu Chullain?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  13. ppigari

ppigari

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just created this account to accomplish you for this great map, i should have spend around 600 hours in this map, and for me is the best rpg in warcraft 3, a masterpiece, and as a final fantasy fan i love this even more, so congratulations for this game and your effort to keep it updated, hundreds of contents and details, for me you just made the perfect map.

14. Dann1295

Dann1295

Resources:
    Resources:
    So i used the -savef command to save but the code is to long to load. It's over 120 characters long. I can copy paste the code in, but if i have the -load infront it's to long. The lvl is 487 which i quess i the total level of all the characters.

15. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Several times now I've been killed at full health by a Snap Dragon.

Giving wands to the spirit and casting sometimes results in the spell not being cast but the cooldown still starts (mostly the Fire wand).

OK, correction: spirit achievements disappear when loading, only the icon stays but it doesn't list the rank.

Whenever I load the map, the minimap switches to hide terrain for some reason, even if it was turned on while saving.

When loading the map from a saved game, the screen is half-FF, half dragon from the melee map loading screen.

So towards the end of the monster hunt festival, no more monsters appeared while the NPCs suddenly started gaining huge amounts of points. Is that supposed to happen?

Did the monster hunt 4 times now, only once did enough monsters spawn for me to win.

During the siege events, there should be a warning when Cid and other important NPCs are getting dangerously low on HP.

Finished the golem heart sidequest, but Alma still has a yellow exclamation mark over her head and selecting her does nothing.

Gave Dana the Maiden's Eye, but nothing happened. Also, how is Dana not aware of you killing Najsh?

Summoned eidolons should appear at the summoner's location, not the tower.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  16. Karifean

Karifean

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Dann1295 You can either use the "-loadf" (or -loadx) command to load directly from the file itself, or load in the code in two chunks - "-load" the part of the code up to the brackets (), then "-loada" with the rest. There's supposed to be a warning about this when you save but perhaps it's not being shown when it should be.

@cleavinghammer Thanks for the feedback ^^ several of the issues you described seem to stem from the fact that using Warcraft 3 saving on version 1.31 breaks a lot of triggers, specifically "Unit - Specific Unit Event" IIRC. It's a known issue and I hope it'll be fixed in the next patch. As for the lore question, Dana *is* aware of it.

@ppigari Glad to hear it ;)

17. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    She should mention that then (or at last there should be an explanation for the phantom people letting the naga attack their ally).

So are you supposed to give her the Maiden's Eye? Nothing happened when I did and I can't get it back since I can't see any of them anymore.

18. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    She's supposed to phase in your world and become visible by all, then you can kill her to summon Famfrit.

19. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's what I thought, but it didn't happen.

Is killing all the zodiacs necessary to clear the map, or is that just an achievement?

20. Dann1295

Dann1295

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Karifean Thank you, i used the "-loadx" and it worked :D