1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The long-awaited results for Concept Art Contest #11 have finally been released!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The mythological era has spawned some interesting characters around. Check them out and be sure to vote for them in the 30th Poll of the Texturing Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hivers united and created a bunch of 2v2 melee maps. Vote for the best in our Melee Mapping Contest #4 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.5.2

Submitted by Karifean
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
「Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.5.2」

By ILYAS, Karifean

Gameplay
You play as adventurers, outsiders who have only just arrived in the world of Gaya.
The humans of this world are facing a dire crisis as their environment inexplicably becomes more hostile towards them day by day.
It is up to you to figure out what is going on and put a stop to it.

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Features

A full 256x256 map with 10 distinct areas
21 different job classes to play as
Over 50 quests
Equipment system with over 100 pieces of equipment
Saving and loading with codes, to and from local files
Lots of Final Fantasy references

Credits

Karifean, psxlover

Changelog

Changelog for Version 0.9.5.1

- Fixed some bugs.
- New minigame added!
- New command "-unstuck" to use as a failsafe if the game freezes up.
- Increased difficulty of some boss fights.
- Healing can now be used to damage undead foes.
- Ring of Darkness is easier to reach now.
- Demi has been nerfed.
- Several abilities changed.
- Some new equipment to be found.

Changelog for Version 0.9.5

- Consumable items have been buffed.
- Magic Defense is now stackable like normal armor instead of static (check it with command "-magdef").
- Experience is no longer distributed, instead all players get the full share with a slight bonus to the killing hero.
- Equipment now requires Spirit of Gaya level, not highest hero level.
- Attack Speed can now go much higher before hitting a hard limit.
- Overhaul of most hero abilities and equipment items.
- Added elemental affinities.
- Evasion can now dodge spell damage, some shields can now block it as well.
- New and overhauled boss fights.
- Many new secrets and miniquests to discover!
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Final Fantasy, FFERPG, FF Epic RPG, Open RPG
Contents

Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.5.2 (Map)

Reviews
[IMG] StoPCampinGn00b 21:43, 20th Jul 2015 [IMG][IMG] Map Moderated - Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.4 [IMG] Comment - Ardenian's Review [IMG] Verdict - Approved, Not Rated[c] Other [tr]Map Submission Rules Staff Contact The Hive's StaffMap...
  1. neven1

neven1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks nice.I'm wondering will we see more updates or this is it?

2. Karifean

Karifean

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We're still working on it, but we'll be taking a break for now. Unless any game-breaking errors arise that need an immediate fix, the next content update will still take a while.

3. xXxMKDxXx

xXxMKDxXx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't wait to see it !

Played FFE RPG for over 100hours :D

4. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Is the map yours?
    W00T?

I might check it out however.

5. Karifean

Karifean

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Short answer, yes.
    Long answer, it's become convention to credit ILYAS as the creator since he's the one who originally thought up the concept and designed the map. However, he left the project a long time ago and I'm the one currently leading the (two-man) development team.

Don't know what happened there. It's a 256x256 "epic"-sized map, hence the name.

6. neven1

neven1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just spended 10 hours playing the map :D got a replay ;C i found no bug so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT:

Actually i think i found something.When i loaded my char my gaya spirit only had one of those 3 spells/abilities you buy from Spirit panda (After you finish the quest with Mystical Gylph) and i think since i bought all 3 and i loaded one that is a bug.

EDIT2:

Nvm it bought it again and it works now with load all three

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  7. xXxMKDxXx

xXxMKDxXx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Spells from Spirit Panda ARE NOT SAVE-able. You have to Obtain them each game with the quest item (as you did).

8. neven1

neven1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nah they are saveable ;D it works ;D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT:

After beating Island cup for 14 times i still didn't unlock Unique enemy cup so that's a bug unless i'm missing something.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  9. xXxMKDxXx

xXxMKDxXx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Btw, Old load codes work?

10. Karifean

Karifean

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Spirit Upgrades are indeed saveable now. You can also save and load items from your House, which you also couldn't before.

Old codes do work, but you'll have to add an extra letter in front of the code for them to be accepted. Add an "A" in front for short (-save) codes and a "B" for long (-SLNG) codes. Note that -LLNG no longer exists, just use -load to load codes. All of this can also be looked up in the ingame questlog informations.

Unique Enemy Cup is now unlocked in a different way. In fact, none of the cup unlocks require you to beat a cup more than three times anymore.

11. neven1

neven1

Resources:
    Resources:
    So FFERPG Wiki is not reliable source of info?

12. Karifean

Karifean

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well it was for 0.9.3. It's the players (not the developers) who filled in the information there to begin with, and now a lot of it has suddenly become outdated.

13. Review Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.4
    Visuals - Ambience and Aesthetics
    The map features a overall good use of tile variation and use of doodads. Different themed areas promise different designed landscapes and variety in the gameplay.

The map greatly re-cerates the Blizzard style with own elements.
    I do not have to say much to it, it is fine and matches the gameplay.

Gameplay and Features
    FFE RPG 0.9.4 offers a great hero concept to the players. Instead of choosing one hero and stick to one, you can simply swap between different heroes and styles, allowing great variety and unique gameplay every time you play.
    Additionally, many quests promise some challenges, although they sometimes feel not very unique, whereas some are very interesting and their outcome is based on the players decision.
    'Secrets' around the map promise some treasure hunting, challenging bosses require team play and strategy.

FFE RPG 0.9.4 has many little secrets which players can discover, speaking of hidden bosses, item recipes and treasures.

I myself played v0.9.3 many hours in single player and I nearly finished the map solo. It is great this map can be played in single player.
    Different difficulties allow players to choose exactly what matches their player experience and wishes, having influence on multiple sectors like item drop and hero experience rate.

EDIT: After a random notification strike got me up at 4 am, I forgot about the passive icons. After our map submission rules passive abilities have to have passive icons. These can be easily created using the Button Manager, a tool from Hive.

Result
    Final Fantasy Epic RPG 0.9.4 is an interesting RPG one can spend many hours on. While some players might be not enjoying the uniform Blizzard style, the map comes up with great content and features.

You might have to prove that you have the permission from the original author to maintain the map.
    I vote for Approval with a rating of 3/5 Useful.
    Edit: after you fixed the passive ability buttons ( like the one from chemist).

The final rating depends on the moderator.
    A new rating can be requested every time ( = requesting a new review) and you can either ask me or another reviewer to review your map again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
  14. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will check this out by tommorow. Looks nice...

And just look at my avatar !!

15. lj2831929

lj2831929

Resources:
    Resources:

Why didn't you update the maps of Just Another Orpg ?

16. Buburo

Buburo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Goblin boss in the forest doesn't drop the artifact for the main quest.

17. what a legendary map we have here. i miss the old time :)

+Rep for this epic map

18. shotas

shotas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can I get a little bit information from map creator about Arena? i found wiki about it, but after Island cup i cant open any other of them,I play on normal ,have about 1000 levels in total ,did all 4 cups like 20-40 times ,did arena expansion quest,and max where i get was lotheron cup or how is it named. what is the problem? why i cant open next cups?

Thanks