1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

FIGHTING for Azeroth v2.8 [ENG]

Submitted by biridius
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This map is a 2D Fighting game. It currently has 21 characters with 12-18 moves each and is meant for either single player or 2 players.
Game starts at the menu screen where you can choose (navigting with arrow keys):
  • Tournament: play up to 5 battles with random enemies. You need to win 2 rounds against each.
  • Survival: play until you die. Enemies have lower health, and your character does not fully heal between rounds.
  • VS: the only mode in multiplayer. First to win 3 rounds wins. In single player you can choose AI's character after yours.
  • AI difficulty: use left/right arrows
  • Arena: use left/right arrows to choose where the battle will take place; only the Red player can choose.
  • Timer - time per round; when it expires player with higher health wins
To choose a mode and get to character selection screen, hit one of the command buttons, which are WASD.
The character screen is navigated with arrow keys and WASD as well. "Escape" returns back to menu.

In battle
  • Escape - pauses the game, opening the move list where you can see commands for every move; use left/right arrow keys to choose character whose moves you want to know. The numbers represent arrow key combinations, e.g. 236 means down, down+forward, forward; forward/back is left/right arrow key depending on whether your character is facing left/right.
  • W - block. Certain moves can only be blocked if you also crouch by holding arrow down.
  • ASD - command buttons for various moves
  • Left/right - walk. If you quickly tap either the character dashes. If you were knocked down, use left/right to roll.
  • Up - jump
  • Down - crouch
  • O - give up and return to menu
  • Press up and down at the same time to reset the command buffer. The buffer is there for ease of combo inputs, so if you type A,S,D quickly the character will execute these moves one by one.
Video

Credits
  • Blizzard
  • Hate (xgm.guru) for Lightning model and sounds from his weather system
  • JNGP team for their editor mod
  • The creators of MdlVis, war3 Model Editor, and BLP Lab
  • The unknown author of button.mdx for full screen inventory systems
The map does not use any other systems or memhack, is not protected and can be opened with jngp (may depend on jngp version).
Previews
Contents

FIGHTING for Azeroth v2.8 [ENG] (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A credits list in the map description is required with the authors and resources you've used. This can help you: Resources in Use by FIGHTING for Azeroth v2.8 [ENG] | HIVE I hope the map doesn't use any game hacks, like memory hack or something....
deepstrasz
I appreciate the effort, but controls aren't that good. The character might kick or punch even though I've stopped pressing any keys. Overall the gameplay mechanics are pretty annoying. Approved.
  1. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The map is actually for 1.24+ not 1.21b, it uses a hashtable.
    How can I edit the details?

Edit
    Also the "Resources in use" are wrong, not sure how the algorithm works
    I used a lightning model and sound from a weather system by Hate (xgm) for one of Shaman's skills;
    Button.mdx from a trackable system - for icons in character selection;
    and a loading screen model from Blizzard's Monolith

Everything else is standard WC3 models where I edited animations, and a loading screen image I made by screenshotting a scene made in WE.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A credits list in the map description is required with the authors and resources you've used. This can help you: Resources in Use by FIGHTING for Azeroth v2.8 [ENG] | HIVE

I hope the map doesn't use any game hacks, like memory hack or something.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

EDIT: there still seem to be resource credits missing.

3. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't know how the algorithm works but it's resource list is wrong. You can open the map in the editor (JNGP) to see what was imported and what wasn't. The shaman model is standard one where I edited animations, may be it is because it's called Shaman.mdx?

It doesn't use hacks or anyone else's code.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I appreciate the effort, but controls aren't that good. The character might kick or punch even though I've stopped pressing any keys.
    Overall the gameplay mechanics are pretty annoying.

Approved.

5. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks!
    I didn't think the coommand buffer would be an issue. It can be reset by up+down, or walking backwards.
    The other map I'm making won't have one and will also support more players. It is 3D instead of 2D with side steps and slow motion.

6. T77df

T77df

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you. Your map is really fun!! :)
    I have played this for hours.

7. Marcos_M

Marcos_M

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is the dream map i always wanted to make.

8. Nightmare2077

Nightmare2077

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Being a big Mortal Kombat fan, I absolutley love the idea behind this!
    I haven't tested it enough to write a proper review, but here's a stream-of-conciousness of my thought:

• Loading screen has a weird rim on three edges (except the right one). I.e. I suggest a better loading screen, tho this is obv not a big issue.
    • Main screen is a bit confusing, took me some time to figure out what to press to start (tho it's logical after you figure it out)
    • Same with Escape - I took me a while to start using arrows to scroll character move-lists
    • Speaking of arrows - maybe I'm too big of a noob at fightings, but I could only vaguely figure out what 2,3,6 mean.
    • Help/Quest tab has some typos, I suggest proofreading if you're willing to bother with it.
    • Game crashes upon restarting; you can always press O and keep going, but this was annoying until I figured it out.
    • Picking Enchantress (Lina) gives Fel Guard :'(
    • Selecting colours (not always red/blue) shouldn't be big of an issue? It would add a bit to the game.
    • But overall I absolutely loved the aesthetics - both the arena designs and character moves etc.
    • Will there be a storyline w boseess etc? :D That'd totally be wicked. And props for a well-working AI!

9. biridius

biridius

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks!

I got more involved with the 3D version and forgot to update this one. So Lina and Spellbreaker are not made yet.

In the 3D version there are arrows in the movelist, simplier menu, more intuitive mana system, and up to 6 players. It also doesn't crash, and the movelist in it was changed to be for the specific, currently selected character. Most of it was after WTii's stream which was the only time I could see someone else play it.
    [Minigame] - Fighting for Azeroth 3D

I think I'll work on the story mode after finishing adding characters and moves. Same with the loading screen since it will add a lot of weight.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018