• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
some of these probably would be better in different forums but why post 3 times..

1: I want to use Spell Shield as a hero ability...problem is unlike a item version it won't autocast...any solution? preferably without triggers but if I have to then I can..

2: I am trying to use this model: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=2965&sid=b32937027395ae0a78ab1cba5a6bae8e

but it's head won't stay attached.. any ideas? I tried redownloading it several times. this is how I have it inported:
werewolf.mdx, path= werewolf.mdx
Timberwolf.blp, path= Timberwolf.blp
Ghoul.blp, path= units\Undead\Ghoul\Ghoul.blp {I haev also tried without this file beign imported but it was worse}

3. I am trying to use this skin: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Skins&ID=3224&sid=b32937027395ae0a78ab1cba5a6bae8e , but it won't work at all. I have tried several paths including the normal herobloodelf's path and the skinmakers path. I also tried changing the name of the file to heroblood elf with the path to the herobloodelf. any ideas what could be wrong?

sry for the long post. thanks in advance.

Level 3
The only one i can answer is the first one.

What you need to do is to find the ability (spell sheild) in the object editor. It should be under item abilities. Then create a new ability using that as the base.

Scroll down to where it should say:

Item ability : true
Hero ability : false

And change it to:

Item ability : false
Hero ability : true

then you can change the values for each level, so say you wanted to have its mana cost decrease as you level it up and stuff... try that and i know another way if that doesnt work 8)

Level 2
ehh thanks but see the problem is....uhh I am using all 3 models....and in fact could use more... so i'll jsut have to go headless i guess :( doesn't look...too bad.

also about the spell shield. I know how to change it to a hero ability- The problem is that as a hero ability it won't autocast unlike when used on items.

thanks for responding but I am not sure if any of these has a soulution :( lol

Level 2
damn model isn't working as is it crashes the game if there are too many or if i kill too many..lol owell maybe i'll request another werewolf model...not possible to fix the model is it?

anyway I could still use help on the other questions.

o also I heard it's possible to add cooldowns to passive abities I don't think it's possible though... didn't work with cleave.

Level 4
o also I heard it's possible to add cooldowns to passive abities I don't think it's possible though... didn't work with cleave.

Oh, it sure do work with cooldown. but i'm not srue how to make it :oops: maybe you just make an autocast spell that costs no mana and cant be unactivated, not sure still

Edit: after some research i found out that passive abilitys cant be autocast spells :(:(:(
So sorry i couldnt help :x

/sr3dna

Status
Not open for further replies.