1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

felstalkerPurple.blp

Submitted by -Grendel
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
a nerubian dog\hound whatsoever

another addition for the growing nerubian family. please give me credits if you use this^^

update

changed legs
lower contrast

Keywords:
hound, dog, bug, nerubian, tentacle
Contents

Nerubian Scavenger (Texture)

Reviews
08:52, 19th May 2011 shiiK: Undeleted by request. 13:25, 24th Apr 2010 Dentothor: This is a trickyer skin to do this kind of concept in... Dentothor: I have to agree with DonDustin here. the first few were cool and creative, but the idea is...
  1. 08:52, 19th May 2011
    shiiK: Undeleted by request.

13:25, 24th Apr 2010
    Dentothor: This is a trickyer skin to do this kind of concept in...

Dentothor: I have to agree with DonDustin here. the first few were cool and creative, but the idea is sort of getting a bit boring. But Much better. I like to see more body shading tho. But its approvable for now.

2. Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    First some random nagas were created, now random nerubians are.. *sigh* Well anyways i must say i dont like the teal parts in his back, cause i think those black stuff around it look really odd

3. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Now this is bit too messy for me. I suggest you to try something new for a change :3

4. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I disagree, this looks good, and is a great fitting model for a nerubian concept.

5. Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ppl dont seem to know what a nerubian is

6. Sorceress

Sorceress

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I think its a great idéa.
    Looks good, fits the unit and i love the colors you have picked.
    4/5 - +Voting for Approval

7. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:

i dont care if you dont want my nerubians. i am making these skins since a lot of people liked it when i made my first nerubian. anyway you dont seem to know what a shadow is, that black things are shadows. and teal, purple and grey are the main colors of a nerubian. looks like you're the one who doesn know a nerubian afterall ^^

like i said, i will be making additional units for the nerubian race. My faceless nerubian is messier then this! :p dont worry i'll be making a nerubian god with different color schemes than this.

thanks Trax.

8. Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ahem... Teal, purple and grey... Main colors of nerubians? I think you're talking about crypt lord here.
    And i dont mean they are bad. Just not nerubian

9. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    oh sorry i mean crypt lord, dont worry ill be making a nerubian with different color schemes next darn i forgot to decrase the contrast

10. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Nerubians, nerubians, nerubians... i wonder how would a Hydralisk look as a nerubian :b

11. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    hmmm, i thought of that before, but new color scheme would be nice....
    suggestions about the different color scheme? coz i think it's looking pretty boring with the same colors everytime i skin. i tried to google it but all i found are sketches and the usual colors.

maybe i'll try making air units.

12. M0rbid

M0rbid

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Meh, I really like your technique, it's just very good, but to be honest, I'm getting kinda bored. just transforming everything into the same look is damn broing, even if the technique is awesome. I liked you first nerubian skins a lot, but now the new one only look forced.

How long can you continue this, I think it's no good idea starting to transform dragons, orcs or taurens into nerubian, and the same feeling I have with - a little with the faceless one- and very much with the Felhound.

It's no offence, but I think a guy with qualitys like you have, should come up with something more creative than random transforming!

13. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i'll try making other skins after i finish my last nerub and Demigod has a request if i can make LoTr skins. maybe i'll try that

EDIT: oh i'm currently reading tutorials about modeling coz i've got many crazy ideas (NO IT'S NOT A NERUBIAN)

14. tee.dubs

tee.dubs

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    the highlights are far too sharp to be honest, there's way too much contrast between the coloured parts of the muscles and the black parts of the shells. Why are there even black parts? shouldn't it just be dodged?

15. War_Golum

War_Golum

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    awesome

16. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    to look at basic creep/nerubian colors? for design and color?

17. DonDustin

DonDustin

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    this is getting a bit boring to me now the first 2-3 were nice but now it's like " oh I have to maek moar".
    1. the cryptlord is not the only nerubian ( and as a side note: copying the style of it is not really creative. Would be much better if you create them without that image in your head)
    2. you are making your shading/highlights/shdows way too strong again. this one looked much more realistic and better: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/arachnathidgreen-blp-164471/ . If yo take a look at the cryptlord you would ntice that there is pretty much no black or white used for highlights & shadows

18. L_Lawliet

L_Lawliet

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    A one happy family of nerubians.. aye! :) with the DOG

19. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    You should try to emulate nerubian spider lord (If that's the one) which has kinda orange-ish carapace.