• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fel Orc - Deathshaper

Fel Orc - Deathshaper
,,You have served the true Horde well, warrior. Now rise up and serve her again!"

The Deathshapers of the Felorcs are the necrolythes of the Old Horde (or disciples of those) who survived not only Doomhammer's wrath, but also the explosion of Dranor.
They practice their necromantic magic using the dark energies of the Void.
In principle, they are an overlap between a warlock and a shadow priest, in whose veins the blood of demons burns.
They can raise the dead to bolster the ranks of the Fel Horde or use their curses to weaken all enemies of the Lord of Outland.

Update, 13.01.: The whole time I saved the textures in the wrong format.
That's why my files were so big. Bug fixed = ~ 10mb saved.

Update, November 22nd: I revised the model visually. For me he didn't fit that well into the Fel Horde anymore.
Previews
Contents

Fel Orc - Deathshaper (Model)

Fel Orc - Deathshaper (Icon) (Icon)

Fel Orc - Deathshaper (Portrait) (Model)

Reviews
Barorque
Approved. Very cool fel orc model (they just keep being made on Hive, nobody can stop it)! The spikes beard works with feceFX surprisingly well, all else is good too, good job.
Level 34
Did you convert that Kodo in the background into a Salamander?

I had a lot of fun about your discussion among the ,,Orc dragon rider" and I had long been annoyed too about the appearance of the mount of the Fel Orc-drummers and its incoherence to Outland.
In short: yes. I made a hell-salamander out of it.
It was finished shortly before the conversation even started. I had already teased him on my Fel Orc-Blademaster. But nobody noticed him there. xD

Level 6
I had a lot of fun about your discussion among the ,,Orc dragon rider" and I had long been annoyed too about the appearance of the mount of the Fel Orc-drummers and its incoherence to Outland.
In short: yes. I made a hell-salamander out of it.
It was finished shortly before the conversation even started. I had already teased him on my Fel Orc-Blademaster. But nobody noticed him there. xD
Oh cool. As a thought here, how hard would it be to experiment with adding those cracked veins of fel energy to those back plates? I'm not sure if it'd even look good, but it's a thought.

Level 9
This does add diversity to the Fel Horde. The fel orc grunts right off the bat can pull off as Bonechewers, as well as the fel orc behemoth you added to the ranks. This Deathshaper adds the Shadowmoon part of the Fel Horde. Great work man!

Level 6
Looking at this, this is a mod of the Stormreaver creeps, isn't it? Nice. Very nice. Definitely units that could use Fel Orc variants. I guess there aren't many Orc models left in need of a Fel equivalent. I'd be interested if something could be done with Gul'dan, since he's already got the spikes built in.

Edit: A really pointless request would be the recreation of unused models like Chaos Orc Ranged.
W3ChaosOrcRange.png

Last edited:
Level 9
Has creating a fel orc Shattered Hand grunt cross your mind at all? I think it would make a wonderful replacement or addition to the current standard model. The diversity you've added to the fel horde is great so far. Blademaster from the Burning Blade, you got Deathshaper and the existing Warlock model may very well represent Shadowmoon caster's considering they were distributed among the fel horde. There are many simple possibilities in creating fel orc units that represent a clan in some manner. Look forward to any more future additions to the inhabitants of Outland.

Level 34
Looking at this, this is a mod of the Stormreaver creeps, isn't it? Nice. Very nice. Definitely units that could use Fel Orc variants. I guess there aren't many Orc models left in need of a Fel equivalent. I'd be interested if something could be done with Gul'dan, since he's already got the spikes built in.

Edit: A really pointless request would be the recreation of unused models like Chaos Orc Ranged.
W3ChaosOrcRange.png

I don't plan to give every unit a Fel Orc variant.
My first goal is that the Fel Orcs have a complete unit pattern, which can compete with the other races. Say:
Melee unit, ranged unit, heavy melee unit, two or three magicians (I plan to make three, one of which is this one) Support units etc. etc. and four heroes.
I've already published two heroes, and the other two are in the works. One of them is the magician hero (which is inspired by Gul'dan, but not by the one in the game)
and the other is the "Frontsau" hero. ("Front hog" would be the word-for-word translation. "Frontsau" is a German military term, I don't know if there is an equivalent in English, but that word just fits the best.)

Has creating a fel orc Shattered Hand grunt cross your mind at all? I think it would make a wonderful replacement or addition to the current standard model. The diversity you've added to the fel horde is great so far. Blademaster from the Burning Blade, you got Deathshaper and the existing Warlock model may very well represent Shadowmoon caster's considering they were distributed among the fel horde. There are many simple possibilities in creating fel orc units that represent a clan in some manner. Look forward to any more future additions to the inhabitants of Outland.

Optically, the "Frontsau" hero is actually based on the Shattered Hand in order to respond to your message too.
And my last magician unit is supposed to represent the Bleeding Hollow. Don't worry, everyone has a turn. ^^

Level 9
I don't plan to give every unit a Fel Orc variant.
My first goal is that the Fel Orcs have a complete unit pattern, which can compete with the other races. Say:
Melee unit, ranged unit, heavy melee unit, two or three magicians (I plan to make three, one of which is this one) Support units etc. etc. and four heroes.
I've already published two heroes, and the other two are in the works. One of them is the magician hero (which is inspired by Gul'dan, but not by the one in the game)
and the other is the "Frontsau" hero. ("Front hog" would be the word-for-word translation. "Frontsau" is a German military term, I don't know if there is an equivalent in English, but that word just fits the best.)

Optically, the "Frontsau" hero is actually based on the Shattered Hand in order to respond to your message too.
And my last magician unit is supposed to represent the Bleeding Hollow. Don't worry, everyone has a turn. ^^

That is actually what I always wanted was a complete unit pattern for melee maps just as you pointed out. That is awesome! I've always wanted to create an outland "Hold the point" MOBA map with Fel Horde, Alliance, and Horde kind of like in the world PvP mini game in WoW Outland but I lacked unit set. Not even a single air unit. lol
That is good to hear that you are working on that. If I had the skill I would have done this long ago.

Level 9
Just curious, what building do you use for the Death Shaper and Warlock? I always found the spirit lodge to be too shamanistic. Lol

Level 34
Just curious, what building do you use for the Death Shaper and Warlock? I always found the spirit lodge to be too shamanistic. Lol
Honest answer?

I create the figures of creating will. No own map. No planned own campaign.
So to speak, create a basis. I make the figures in the hope that others will like them and incorporate them into their own maps. ^^
But it is true that the Spirit Lodge looks a bit too shamanistic. Unfortunately there is no alternative for now...

Level 9
Honest answer?

I create the figures of creating will. No own map. No planned own campaign.
So to speak, create a basis. I make the figures in the hope that others will like them and incorporate them into their own maps. ^^
But it is true that the Spirit Lodge looks a bit too shamanistic. Unfortunately there is no alternative for now...
You're figures are SUPERB man, no joke. We could always use more Fel Orc Models but I think 10 varied units (melee/ranged/air/ground) and 4 heroes is really all that's needed for a good melee map with Fel Orc's. As for the Spirit Lodge I think it can still be used but it can definitely use a change up like maybe getting rid of the wolf pelts, add some skulls of some sort and maybe add some fel lighting or green or purple smoke comin from the chimney or something, I don't know. I need to learn to edit 3d models so I can give it a try. Seems like it would be very tedious, lots of work to change up buildings.

Yeah, that's what I use in place of the spirit lodge.

Level 9
You might’ve imported one of the paths incorrectly but I’m thinking you forgot or missed one or more of the files to import. I recently had the same issue with the Fel Orc dark shaman with the a few parts being white then I realized I missed one of the the files thinking I imported all of them. Once I found the missing file I just did what you normally would do and it worked without having to restart the WE. It was the beard and the fur on his lower robe was white but then it worked without corrupting any files and all my assets still work.

Last edited: