1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Do you have good ideas for new contests? If so, please open new threads in the Contest Submission sub-forum to discuss them.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.30 / 1.29 Bugs & Issues

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by TriggerHappy, Feb 22, 2018.

1. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I trust there are no DirectX / Direct3D files in your WC3 folder?

If no, then maybe you should reinstall the DirectX End-user Runtime:
    - Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center
    - Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Center

The full end-user redistributable will do a force install of all the DirectX components. Please uncompress in a new folder the contents of the archive, and then manually launch the file DXSETUP.exe

Have you already read this?
    GHost changes in patch 1.29 - Eurobattle.net WiKi

They are mentioning war3x.mpq, not war3.mpq

3. ic3_water

ic3_water

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Float Text shows at wrong location (100 units range to the right)

4. Yousef

Yousef

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can't cut more than once a trigger in trigger editor before having to copy paste every trigger you need to move or restart the world editor.

5. RagnarokBazil

RagnarokBazil

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but importing skins don't work. I import the skins to the path that it tells me to, but still nothing happens

7. 2noobig4you

2noobig4you

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    2 Things:

1st: Attribute Text showing out of Place after alt-Tabbing.
    STRBugged.PNG

2nd:
    native 'IsUnitInvulnerable' should be named "IsUnitVULNERABLE" because it returns true if the unit is VULNERABLE and returns false if the Unit is invulnerable.

8. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    IsUnitInvulnerable works better because there's a native for making a unit Invulnerable.

9. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Odd thing about
    BlzUnitCancelTimedLife
    ; it still has that buggy behavior that was already reported.

When calling UnitCancelTimedLife on a summoned unit, the summoned unit immediately dies.

This is on the main patch, not PTR.

10. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It used to only kill hero units IIRC. I remember re-testing it and the bug was no longer there. Guess I will test again.

11. Imp Midna

Imp Midna

Resources:
    Resources:
    Engineering Upgrade seems to be bugged when used in a specific (admittedly rather obscure) way. for a given engineering upgrade spell and a given unit, if the engineering upgrade (or a spell based on it) has:
    - at least 2 levels
    - for a level except level 1, has a replacement rule in the first ability set (DataC) that does not apply to that unit (i.e causes no abilities to change; happens when the engineering upgrade is used to make permanent changes by reversing the rule order so that the change happens only once on removal)
    - for the same level as above, has a replacement rule in the second ability set (DataD) that is invalid (i.e empty or abilities that dont exist)
    (- curiously, the other 2 sets (DataE and DataF) are fine and do not cause any problems regardless of their values)

then giving it to that unit and leveling it to that level (no matter if through triggers or the skill menu) will cause the engineering upgrade to replace itself with a different ability. After that, engineering upgrade will be gone, any replacements that should have still been done in set 3 or 4 are skipped. basically, your day is ruined.

the ability it gets replaced with has a face as an icon (BTNTemp.blp) and the tooltip "Tool tip missing!". if using a spell level reset tome to turn it into the actual spell (spells replaced by engineering upgrade keep most of their properties if the spell was already leveled), it also shows that it has no actual command card item, has "Tool tip missing!" in the levelup tooltip as well and can be leveled indefinitely without actually ever gaining a level.

worst part is that that face looks like its smugly laughing at your misfortune.

can be worked around by filling DataD for all levels 2 and above with existent but unused spells.

i'm 100% sure that this behavior is new in 1.29 as it bugged out my map that worked perfectly fine before the patch (and now works fine again after applying the workaround).

12. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    One of the most annoying issues is when you are in a lobby of a game and you click anywhere on the rectangle of the teams and players it will remove that line thing (don't know the proper name, but it's the line that flashes and disappears repeatedly) from chat which means you aren't able to type and if you press "a" it will look like you left the lobby.
    Also when you click on the teams name to swap colour it will move your cursor off to the black sided margins.

13. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Text cursor.

14. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have an issue where I can't launch the World Editor without a CD inserted. Though the actual game will launch without the CD. This is annoying since my laptop doesn't have a CD drive, and who uses CDs anymore anyway?

Here's the error without a CD:

[​IMG]

Here's the error when I mount a virtual image of Warcraft 3 the Frozen Throne:

[​IMG]

I've tried on a couple of different computer and get the same result. World Editor will launch if I get a portable CD drive and insert the physical CD. Anyone else have this problem?

15. lord sebas

lord sebas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't know if anyone else experienced this, but since the patch and since opening my custom map in the new editor: everytime i load the map, there is a 10-15 seconds heavy lag until it gets cleared. It seems to have something to do with units placed, because if i remove every single unit, no lag happens.

16. Cryophoenix

Cryophoenix

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Just recently updated to patch 1.29.

Attack types are not showing up. Everything defaults to Normal or Pierce. Yes, even in the campaign. Heroes are set as having Normal attack type. Is this just me?

17. BloodSoul

BloodSoul

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It works fine for both PTR and official release versions for me.

18. puffdragon

puffdragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    - Loading screen not being displayed
    - Terrain made with WEX is missing
    - Multiboards are not being displayed properly
    - Leaderboard are not being displayed properly
    - Texttags are misplaced

And what is wrong with the resolutions...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  19. Cryophoenix

Cryophoenix

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ah. I don't know what's the problem :| I just recently reinstalled the entire game through the patcher.

20. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Which language of WC3 are you using?

Do you have a screenshot of the wrong armor and attack types?