• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fear of Fish Phobia – Ichthyophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Anyone here are facing similar experience like me. Don't know how or when, but my fear of fish are getting worse. Even a single glare upon dead fish can almost make me sick. Good thing that I'm not living near any ocean or river.
It's a shame that I'm a very good swimmer but cannot get closer to any fishes.

They are terrible with unblinking eyes, silly mouth, the body is too fragile and the smell.....woooo... fishy.
Tell me something to at least know that i'm not the only unique person.

Level 3
i have actually not seen a fish in a pretty long time

where do you end up seeing the dead fish? maybe if you handle dead chicken easier, you could spend time eating chickens i guess

Level 14
i have actually not seen a fish in a pretty long time

where do you end up seeing the dead fish? maybe if you handle dead chicken easier, you could spend time eating chickens i guess

Chicken? no problem. I enjoy KFC twice a week. But fish? no no and no. I saw dead fish long time ago. Worst thing is anything that shape like a fish can scare me too (ex. stone fish status) and I love Kitties so much.

Np.i can heal you trough this pictures below:
humanfish4.jpg

fish-2-e1439359121152.jpg

fishman.jpg

Human-Fish-Face--30917.jpg

blobfish.jpg

Deep-Sea-Creatures-Fangtooth-Fish.jpg

1848f70c-e00a-4491-8ec0-69af0f422c6c-large16x9_ImportedfromLakana.jpg

Last edited:
Level 14
I do not like deep waters because of slumbering krackens or something.
And fish in general are pretty disgusting

Not a phobia though
We are not talking about more than 95% undiscovered part of the ocean but I agree, most species of fish are disgusting.
One day, if somehow fishes can walk on land, I will live on a tree house myself.

Level 14
Then you are still lucky and unaffected by Fish-phobia. That's something you fear of the unknown (unidentified threats)...,maybe moving to a dark cave, haunted forest can also make you feeling uncomfortable. But me, fear fishes only... kraken or lobsters does not count because they are cute.

Level 22
I used to have fear of dogs, some dog chased me around the neighborhood but prior to that I didn't had any fear of dogs... After that I couldn't walk past dogs, whenever I see a dog on a street walking I freeze and wait for it to attack, if it doesn't I move on. After a while I decided that it's both embarrassing and degrading so I went looking for the same dog that chased me. He tried chasing me but this time I looked him in the eye while I was thinking of the bad things I'd do to him if he attacked. Luckily, the dog stopped and just barked at me from a distance and I felt victorious.

I tried it on my friend but he just slapped my nape to 'fix' me up.

I used to have fear of dogs, some dog chased me around the neighborhood but prior to that I didn't had any fear of dogs... After that I couldn't walk past dogs, whenever I see a dog on a street walking I freeze and wait for it to attack, if it doesn't I move on. After a while I decided that it's both embarrassing and degrading so I went looking for the same dog that chased me. He tried chasing me but this time I looked him in the eye while I was thinking of the bad things I'd do to him if he attacked. Luckily, the dog stopped and just barked at me from a distance and I felt victorious.

I don't always fear dogs,but when i do the dog has no owner near him and he looks like this:
1allhp.jpg

-Edited:Btw.Eye contact with a dog can result in turning him aggressiv,the best thing u can do is to avoid eye contact and to stay calm.

Last edited:
Reactions: pyf
Level 14

Here a treatment for you, you gonna need it. :D If dog doesn't chase you that means it knows you are not a threat and doesn't give a shet anymore.

Level 19
I think @WhiteFang has this fear

Visssssssss!

that or maybe his fantasy about becoming a chicken nugget has something to do about it.

personally I have no fears. when I was younger I was afraid of heights, but I jumped off the roof of my house over and over till I got over that fear

fears can't beat me, I beat fears!

it is like that song I like

'black man, white man, you can never take me
rich man, poor man, you can never break me.
will me, thrill me, you can never kill me!'

something like that.

dude fight your fears. people eat fish. it is only when it is a shark that you might have a bit of trouble

Reactions: pyf
Level 3
I dunno. Lord of Chaos, you kind of sound like a troll. Do you feel troll?

I mean, I'm the redwing asingaurd, don't gets me wrong, I let down the devil on a promise to make a wc3 mod and in return lost my soul

But somehow, good sir, you feel a troll

Edit: did not see page 2, was looking at jump off roof comment

Level 19
I dunno. Lord of Chaos, you kind of sound like a troll. Do you feel troll?

I mean, I'm the redwing asingaurd, don't gets me wrong, I let down the devil on a promise to make a wc3 mod and in return lost my soul

But somehow, good sir, you feel a troll

Edit: did not see page 2, was looking at jump off roof comment
seriously you are accusing me of trolling ^^;

well what about jumping off my roof is so shocking? it is a no story building. it is a ground level building landing on soft lawn or leaves.... you would have to be a super wimp to afraid of that.

I probably wouldn't do it now. I've noticed my bones aren't as resilient now... but at least my fear of heights are gone.

that said I'm not an idiot like that guy above... who is just plain suicidal for the attention alone. I've climbed mountains but I didn't feel any erg to stand right on the edge between life and death. a bunch of idiots that were with me decided it would be great taking a picture while standing right on the edge....during a wind storm.... yeah no thanks

Level 3
one time I climbed a mountainside for twenty or so feat in an off limits section where they didn't have ropes up this cliff face, just a buddy and I while nobody was looking

turns out your muscles get really strong when you think about what happens if your hand slips

Level 22
Edited:Btw.Eye contact with a dog can result in turning him aggressiv,the best thing u can do is to avoid eye contact and to stay calm.
I always do eye contact with dogs; I think they understand, never got a dog turning aggressive on me this way. People on the other hand though, they get mad at you for that.

strangely I've never had trouble with dogs being aggressive. I mean I was bitten when I was 5 and nearly died but I've never had a dog try and bite me. it is more of it either happens or it doesn't. there is no in between aggressive period
Well,it all depends on how the dog is trained,if he is not trained at all be ready for a surprise,that's what she said. LoL

Level 22
strangely I've never had trouble with dogs being aggressive. I mean I was bitten when I was 5 and nearly died but I've never had a dog try and bite me. it is more of it either happens or it doesn't. there is no in between aggressive period
Wait what does that even mean?
So, the dog didn't want to, but accidentally did it?
Anyway, some ways to fix your fish probia is to firstly gradually expose yourself to it. Yeah, it's the biggest cliche and you've propably heard it a million times already, but it works.
Another one is to teach the brain to think differectly about the object of the phobia, in this case the fish. Normally when phobias take us over we get filled with anxiety and terror. This completely shuts down our common sense and rational thinking.
So next time, when you see a fish don't panic right away. Calm down, then analyse it. Then once you're done with that you will realise it's not going to hurt you, and that you shouldn't worry about it anymore.
I hope this helps you somehow overcome it.

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Chicken? no problem. I enjoy KFC twice a week. But fish? no no and no. I saw dead fish long time ago. Worst thing is anything that shape like a fish can scare me too (ex. stone fish status) and I love Kitties so much.

[...] Anyway, some ways to fix your fish probia is to firstly gradually expose yourself to it. Yeah, it's the biggest cliche and you've propably heard it a million times already, but it works.
Another one is to teach the brain to think differectly about the object of the phobia, in this case the fish. Normally when phobias take us over we get filled with anxiety and terror. This completely shuts down our common sense and rational thinking.
So next time, when you see a fish don't panic right away. Calm down, then analyse it. Then once you're done with that you will realise it's not going to hurt you, and that you shouldn't worry about it anymore.
I hope this helps you somehow overcome it.
@Unregret: meet the cure(?):

:wink:

Toi mon toit — Wikipédia
Elli Medeiros - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.