1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Favorite movie classic monster

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MasterHaosis, Sep 22, 2019.

?

Vote for your monster

1. Dracula

25.0%
  2. The Wolfman

18.8%
  3. Frankenstein

12.5%
  4. The Mummy

6.3%
  5. Gillman (Creature from black lagoon)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The Invisible Man

3.1%
  7. Phantom from Opera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

12.5%
  9. Dorian Gray

6.3%
  10. The Wicked Witch

6.3%
  11. Professor Edward C. Burke or The Man in the Beaver Hat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Nosferatu/Count Orlok

9.4%
  1. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Was that in reference to the real elephant man being used as a circus attraction?

2. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yea I know about the wolfman condition and they are probably quite related (although those people don't turn like that on a full moon but... w/e).
    Still! Dracula was cool from the beginning cuz even with his most generic first look he looks cool enough :D

3. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm more into the haunting-souls kind of horror stories anyway so none of those are really appealing, however I'm staying with Picture of Dorian Gray since I liked the book a lot back when I read it - same for Phantom of the Opera. Most of these stories suffer from being very well known so we already know what the book is about before even starting it haha.

Seeing how you guys described the influence of the Nosferatu movie really made me interested in watching it in future.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  4. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    I choose the witch because while the other peoples power is limited, her power is endless as long as no one throws a house on her or a pail of water.

5. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Naze what are powers of Phantom of Opera anyway? Dorian Gray, at least this one black and white is just immortal, and immune to diseases, and perhaps has some healing factor. He seems to have ordinary strength, speed and such. I do not know if he can die by ordinary means, cutting head, ripping hearth, or locking him without food for example. But once you stab picture, he is done. About Phantom of Opera, I cannot remember anything.

@TheLordOfChaos201 thanks for voting and posting! Yeah she is pretty much powerful character although I am not sure that her powers are limitless. What I remember from movie is that she has plenty of powers such as flying with broom, teleporting with red smoke effect, she could create fireballs with hands, create fog with broom, looking into crystal ball to see enemies, controlling animals, she has loyal servants/slaves... Plenty of powers but got killed by water, perhaps it was holy water.

6. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    From what I remember the Phantom of the Opera is just a skilled illusionist with a sexy voice and infinite money to build what he wants inside that opera hall. He's also deeply ugly.

So no powers, he's just a very ugly 1910's version of batman / iron man

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  7. natass9

natass9

Resources:
    Resources:
    the mummy was always my favourite monster. this thread makes me want to watch the old hammer horror movies christopher lee was the best dracula.

8. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    I chose Frankenstein, because I love the idea of playing with dead bodies. During my final year in the morgue I was fascinated by the body examinations and different autopsies, add here my fascination with death in general. Forensic science is also great, combine the two and you get talking corpses.

I find psychiatric forensics the most interesting, so my next choice would probably be Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I love the trilogy of Glass by
    M. Night Shyamalan so it's nice to see where the inspiration came from.

Interesting choice of a discussion @MasterHaosis ^_^

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just try not to kill anyone for your fascinations.

10. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    But but -- What if, say, I were to raise them from the dead AFTER I kill them? Would that technically be murder??

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That would be worse.

12. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's kinda racist to zombies, but ok.

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Zombie is not a race. It's a state of being.

14. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    HAHAHAHAAH! @deepstrasz @knight26 You guys are epic. That was awesome :cgrin:
    I am sorry that I could not be here for some time, because I got engaged, and my fiance moved to live with me and I was (and still am) quite busy.

@natass9 Thanks for comment and voting.

From what I see here Dracula leads with 8 votes. Wolfman has 6, then Frankenstein with 4 votes. Nosferatu got 3 votes so far. All three Mummy, Witch and Dorian gray have 2 votes. And finally, just one vote went to Invisible Man (my vote). Gillman and Edward Burke have no votes yet.

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ^favourite monster^

16. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Congrats of the daily sex! I hope a bunch of offspring is next on the list.
    Seriously tho, congrats and I hope you guys are best friends, and good to each other <3.

17. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You forgot:
    1. Pumpkinhead
    2. Hatchet
    3. Tremor