Farewell

Level 34
I have been playing Warcraft III, ever since I bought the game when it was first sold in Finland. I started as a ladder player, then moved on to custom games, until finally, I began to create my own maps.

However, every good thing must come to an end. I'm joining the army on the 13th of July, which means I started this thread few days before leaving. And so I will be leaving this forum and Warcraft III. I will be in the army for at least 6 months, and I won't be coming back because I have to move on in my life.

I have been active here for the last few years. This is why I made this thread. It's time to blow the flame out off the candle...

Here are a few hints for everyone.

Hint #1
Do not spam the "New posts" button every five minute. It's waste of time. Use that button mostly three times for a day. Not more or you'll waste your time unless you want it to be wasted.

Hint #2
I have made a lot of different kind of maps from AOS to TD. As an experienced map maker I don't suggest you to do many maps with poor quality. Instead, plan hardly and make one big project that will be a succes. Update it time to time and it will be great.

Hint #3
Remember that internet friends are just internet friends until you met one in the real life. Internet friends will come and go.

Hint #4
Before starting to make a map project, you have to plan a lot before actually starting to make one.

Hint #5
When making projects alone, it can take months to years to make one success project.

Because I admire equality I will wish for every single member here good bye and good luck. Here are however some members I like to thank especially, since I know them more or less. I simply can't remember everyone which means I'm sorry if you think you should be in this list.

Xarwin
We have a long road behind. You have helped me a lot to approve many of my maps and fought bravely against evil moderators. You were my comrade, a good leader of Clan FoL and a good web master. It's been a splendid road. Thank you, my friend from Belgium.

Flame_Phoenix
An excellent member of Hive, but also one of the best testers of TCO. All I can do is to wish you, Mister Positive Portuguese, good luck.

Razorbrain
Another Swedish member. Hah, I just completed upper secondary school and I never again need to learn your stupid language. Anyway... Thanks for the system and all the help you have given to me. You have helped me so hugely that it's waste of time to count how much you have helped me.

SkriK
Another Swedish member. Hah, I just completed upper secondary school and I never again need to learn your stupid language. Anyway... Thanks for helping me so much. You have helped me with every genre of Warcraft 3. I really, really respect you. Thanks again.

Septimus
I still remember you clearly when you came to this site first. Then you asked from me many questions about maps and stuff. Since then you have improved a lot and amazed me how far you can go. However, remember that people won't remember by your mini-projects, but your big projects. Finish your campaign, and make me proud of you.

Viikuna
Another Finnish member. We have played few time together and you have helped me. You are one of the best vJASSER around here. Thanks for the help and good luck, you'll have to go army eventually, just like I go now.

Rysis
Another Finnish member. Thanks for the signature, avatar and some icons. You are a great guy. Thanks.

NiddHogg-kun
I remember you as a young, but fresh friend. Thanks for the Steal System you made for the campaign. Keep up your positive side.

Andriejj
We have played some games and you have helped me with improving my English. Thanks your help.

LightBloOD
Thanks for the few systems you have made for me. They are still great and working.

Eleandor
Another Swedish member. Hah, I just completed upper secondary school and I never again need to learn your stupid language. Anyway... Thanks for making for me the system about spell books. It is really nice and I'm still enjoying of it.

Mechanical Man
We never played our Heroes 3 match but I would win you. Haha. I also remember that you have pretty good taste of music. You always guessed correct the lyrics I gave or asked...

X.e.r.e.X
Another finnish member. Thanks for the few icons.

meteOrain-
Another Finnish member. I always were too lazy to help with your maps. I hope you understand, the burden of my campaign was too high even for me.

Zelda.Alex
For not only testing TCO, but also testing many other people's projects. You are a good tester, keep up the good work.

Super-Sheep
Another Finnish member. I still don't understand how you always had that power to whine about everything. You never gave me positive feedback, about anything.

redscores
I remember you as a Hot Headed German Boy(HHGB). You are however a good guy and you are one of the best map makers around here. Still you have the weakness like many other map makers; not enough patient to finish a project.

Callahan
You created for me the Galeoth model for TCO. Good luck with your RPG project, French man.

Jaakko
Another Finnish member. We never had anything together, expect few flame wars. Good luck with your life.

Arvedui
We have fought, you have helped. Thanks for the English you helped me. You are a bit too pushy with your opinions anyhow. In the past it was nice to fight with you.

Asomath
You have a good taste of boss fights.

Linaze
Thanks for helping me to fix one model's head even if your edit was horrible.

UchihaSasuke.gr
I remember you as a spammer. You were also in Clan FoL. You are a good member.

Oziris
Another spammer, but also a good member. I think you have improved yourself a lot last months. You have become a man.

1)ark_NiTe
You are a good example for the other map makers; start one project, update it time to time, never let it go, improve it to its perfection. Great job with your Against The Darkness.

Craka_J
I never knew you, I never talked to you. But I feel that you are in the same position as I am. You have few excellent projects, for example Wc3: Wow. It's a very long project like I have my TCO. Don't try to make it perfect, because it's impossible. Instead, remember to make people happy by releasing new versions time to time.

Dark.Revenant
You are another good example of excellent maps. You are not just a maker of one excellent map, but many. Keep up the good work. By the way, I never actually answered to your review about "Zre Diamond". Sorry about that, you reviews rules.

XS-Archangel
You are like 1)ark_NiTe: you also have a great, long and good project behind you. Keep it alive.

Billy the Cat
Cat, Billy The Cat.

Ralle
I think you always have been in the shadows. Watching us from afar. However, I still remember you in Clan FoL whispering to me so we could play few AT games(arranged team in ladder). We never played, because back then I had my ego: "I don't play with noobs." Sorry. :p

Wolverabid
I have to thank Wolverabid also for his great help towards me and the whole community.

Rui
You are one of the most important members for the site. Keep up your good work for the site. The world needs your type of persons.

Ghan_04
You were like Ralle, always watching us from the shadows. Your help was greatly appreciated when I needed it.

HappyTauren
Thanks for the models and help you have given me long time ago, HappyTauren. You were sometimes a real dick towards me and everyone. I think you have changed and you have that other, the good side I still remember you.

PurplePoot
Thanks for helping me with triggers. I heard you are actually only 16 years old and I was amazed because I thought you would be something like 30 year old. You are a good speakers with excellent English.

General Frank
Many of us says that you are the god of model making. I say you are not a god, but still one of the best. Thanks for your models and I'm using them in my maps. I also have to thank you for being in Clan FoL when it was still alive.

MasterHaosis
You are one of Hive's most positive fellow, that I remember. Thanks for sharing some of your positivity.

Shados
Thanks for being so lazy that you never accepted me to be a member of Medivh Tower. Now it's too late.

Mini-Me
Another finnish member. I beat you in the end. Owned.

And by the way, I'm still improving my English.

Level 29
I still remember you clearly when you came to this site first. Then you asked from me many questions about maps and stuff. Since then you have improved a lot and amazed me how far you can go. However, remember that people won't remember by your mini-projects, but your big projects. Finish your campaign, and make me proud of you.

Since when none of my work ever incomplete? :p

Level 9
See you later, and farewell mighty map maker. Your life opens at your will, enter that and see you path. Wanted to say, a great life awaits you...

Level 3
If there is one thing I learned about in my short stay here, It would be that Hive is really one huge Family :D. Too bad I did not know you. Good bye!

Level 8
Bye you, and good luck and try not to load two granades to one mortar at the same time, please.

( I might post something better to say later when my internet connection works lil better. I kinda miss my own computer, because this wireless connection Im using during my vacation really sucks. )

And yea, if the army doesnt manage to beat out all your interrests to wc3 modding, try to check tidesofblood.com during your short vacations. O is coming and it will be cool.

Anyways, good luck with your all your future endeavors, my friend. edit. And to Kitabatake too.

sadcat.jpg

SAD CAT IS SAD

its sad that you have to leave. hope you have a good life. we'll miss you :(

Level 8
Hes gone now.

And btw, a history lesson: Finland mostly fought in the same side with Germany in WW2, not against it

( Expect after the peace was made with Soviets and they demanded Finland to remove all German troops from Lapland. )

Level 2
A cold day in hell...

This is a sad day for me. Not only is Aero gone, but he didn't get to hear me say goodbye. Well, good luck out there, if you read this, you were an inspiration to me! You're always welcome back here :'(

-Wolfangel

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 39
Aeroblyctos said:
Rui
You are one of the most important members for the site. Keep up your good work for the site. The world needs your type of persons.
Now it's a little too late... but I'm going to post.
I think you're not saying this for the reasons I would want someone to say the world needs persons of my type, since we never really talked, but nonetheless, thank you. I guess I feel flattered someway... =)