• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fantasy Glades ORPG

Map:
This is a ORPG map that I have been working on for some years now.
Please leave a comment with suggestions for improvement, bug reports, or just general comments +++
It's great with some feedbacks =)
I am also looking for someone to help me with cheat system, save & load (that saves gold,lumber, hero pet+++) and a backpack system.

What to do:
Choose a hero, do quests, slay mobs, aquire epic items, do high end dungeons +++

Hero Races:
Choose between Human, Draconian, Undead, Tigerian, Dwarf, Avian or Wood Elf

Hero Classes:
There are 7 playable classes atm. Warrior, Hunter, Druid, Mage (fire or frost), Necromancer & Assassin

Credits:
Map is created by: darth_vader88

Custom skins, models and icons:
Dan van Ohllus, olofmoleman, General Frank, Hueter, FrIkY, Grog50, Mr.Goblin, Pins, Ket, 67chrome, tee.dubs, RightField, SandMan, Trollschnitzel, lelyanra, Hawkwing, Sellenisko, eubz, Amaruak, Kuhneghetz, GreyArchon, Kehel, jigrael, kola and darth_vader88

Its been 3 years since last update, so its hard to keep track of whats new in this map, this list should probably be doubled :)

- Added a pvp area
- Added a pve battleground
- Added a new race "Avian"
- Added a new hero class "Necromancer"
- Added a new hero class "Assassin"
- Added a new quest feature which is known as "event" in game
- Added new quests
- Added new heroes and edited some
- Added and edited lots of pets
- Added new mounts
- Added new custom models, skins and icons
- Added tons of new items and edited custom mob world drops
- Added new bosses (including end game bosses)
- Added new zones (and edited some)
- Removed the old save and load system
- Balanced the map more and fixed lots of bugs
- LOTS of other updates

Keywords:
Fantasy, Glades, ORPG, undead, tigerian, human, wood elf, dwarf, draconian, avian, save, load
Contents

Fantasy Glades ORPG (Map)

Reviews
20:51, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Mehh, I'm not really convinced, but it's all right I guess. I don't like that your hero dissapears after saving and I didn't see anything that I really liked, but it's still acceptable.

M

20:51, 31st Jul 2010
ap0calypse: Approved

Mehh, I'm not really convinced, but it's all right I guess.
I don't like that your hero dissapears after saving and I didn't see anything that I really liked, but it's still acceptable.

Level 2
I like it a lot :) Can't wait 'till it's done :)
I have only tried to play as the Tigerian warrior, I think the skills is very nice :)
Keep up the good work :D

Level 3
Make some skill variation between the races. Something to make them not just how you want to look. More area's wouldn't be bad. An enemy respawn timer and maybe some item set bonuses too?
Also some skill variation between the beasts would be really awesome. Instead of just tank or dps pet.

Level 4
add class exclusive racial skills to make each race-class combination unique in some way. They could passively increase max hp, mana regen, hp regen, damage, attack speed, and they don't even have to be passive. Like a woodelf mage having Entangle. There should be only 1 or 2 for each, and they would be given to you at the start of the game, and the abilities will have their effectiveness increase a bit with each level up.

Level 3
It seems to be a really good map, because like rpgs and Orpgs.
But i can't see 2 of the dwarv heros...
And the Ultimate of the Tigerian Warrior strikes only once, not 10 sek

Maybe you could fix that :cool:

Last edited:
Level 6
Beast Tame is way too bugged. You can tame as many pets as you want, because when you tame new one, old one dies but reincarnates with ankh. lol.

Level 7
Beast Tame is way too bugged. You can tame as many pets as you want, because when you tame new one, old one dies but reincarnates with ankh. lol.

haha! thanks for noticing. Im working on new version now and I have fixed that bug.
Im gonna add more area's, more pet spells, more glyphs (for passive abilities), respawn timer, more quests, more items and other stuff that may encounter my brain while Im in the editor.. ATM Im creating a new hero. Tigerian Druid.. which can morph into a tiger, damage spells and heal.. The map got no healing class atm so this is a must for level 40 dungeons (which is not soloable) Continue to report bugs and give suggestions :) I really appreciate it

Level 15
This was a pretty awesome map i must say. I particularly love the cactuars :ugly: it'd give me great pleasure to see more of my models used in maps, i so rarely see any of them used. May i suggest a faceless dungeon using my blind beast as the boss? or how about a mantis companion for the ranger? Sorry, I'm just so excited that I've finally seen one of my models in such a good map...

Level 7
Keep updates in hidden tags. Improve description; tell us the setting of the world, special features, screenshots, etc. You might want to add the version numbers incase people get confused.

I did not know how to hide updates in tags, but I figured it out now and its done :p
I will take and add some screenshot soon. But atm I must go to work :(
The version numbers is at the download map link. "Fantasy Glades 1.2" but I will add it in description later + some more information about map =)

Level 4
Make some skill variation between the races. Something to make them not just how you want to look.
i totally disagree with that, i aint tested that map now, BUT dont do it, except if the races looks shitty. Im not such a big graphic/detailfan but its always nice to chose a charakter which style you like and if a uglydwarfbastard or something like that has an awesome skill while that awesome evil looking guy has a sucky skill that is rly troublesome :/
hmm, should i delete the ugly from the dwarf, cuz dwarfs are always ugly it isnt necessary to say it...

Level 1
darth vader u must change the stats of monsters that are lvl 40. , their stats are so superb. , the map is good but can u make it more large? , and the stats of the characters when i reach lvl 40 of my tigerian druid. , my stats are so low my int is only hundred +. , and the skills. , tigerian druid and elf druid must hav different skills. , i think u must add unique skills in each race and base on their job. , thx

Level 1
man this game sucks. , the skills are all the same. , like the tigerian druid and the elf druid. , their skills are the same. , and when i reach level 40 my stats sucks. , i think my int of my tigerian druid is only 100+. , and the monsters that are lvl 40 are superb. , even if i have a 1000+ damage i cant deal a large amount damage to level 40 monsters like the frost giant or the guards at lvl 40 dungeons. , pls lower the armor of the monsters and the stats. , i saw the stats of lvl 40 monsters are better than my lvl 40 char. , W0W. , i killed KAIN. , but the 3 dragons at the lvl 40 dungeons are super. , cant even kill them. , its so hard. , lower the armor and stats of the monster. , and pls change the skills of each races to make it unique. , and the equips that are dropped by monsters. , are all the same. , thx. ,

Level 7
Yes, the tigerian druid got the same skills as the wood elf druid, the tigerian warrior got the same skill as all the other warriors and so on. I will not make special abilities for each race because I think that will make the game unbalanced. After some testing I agree that the druid char is abit weak compared to the other chars, and I will boost him up in the new version Im working on :) atm Im replacing the "mark of the druid" spell with something mutch cooler. The mobs after Kain are supposed to be hard, you are not supposed to solo them. If I make the endgame bosses and mobs weaker it wont be any fun to play with other players because the map will be to easy. You can tame beasts if you choose a hunter character, then simply use the skill "tame beast" and target the desired beast :)

Level 1
Hey first up I love the map, its fun and can almost be done completely solo. I like the choice of characters.

Now the annoying stuff, I wish there was something to make each race different and I think something like everyone else has been saying would really spice up the choices, rater than how it is now of what do i want to look like. Also I find this on many maps but I want to let you know, I play on a mac and I can't access the skill level up screen of the warrior and the druid since when I try the game crashes, this happens on every race. The other available classes are fine. Unlike most orpgs that i have this happen in none of your models used cause my game to crash.

I have no idea why this happens to me and if it is something to do with a config file I have to change I am sorry for bringing it up here, if anyone knows anything about this problem if it isn't to do with custom skills please let me know and I'll take back that complaint. Also darth I still play the game anyway because it is one of the better maps I have found to play keep up the good work.

Level 2
every badly made map do this when it have some leak on the map never happen on korean rpg on english and especialy on the hive a lot of game crash i have alot of rpg and i need to use parallel to play them cause it make me crash , i ask blizzard about that and they don no the reason , they told it an old game they just don fucking kwon y it does that so

Level 1
5/5

I got to the end with a friend over LAN about 2 weeks ago and it was a lot of fun, sadly, we didn't have enough time to level high enough to kill the dragons. To get to and kill Kain it tooks us around 2 and 1/2 hours. The only problem we had was that when the second player chose a hero, the hero would be owned by Player 1, but we easily got around that with share unit control. This problem may be fixed by now since I downloaded the map months ago. My only wish is that you would add some new areas, maybe a town or dungeon.

Level 1
emm, maybe someone noticed that, but i repeat that the hero is loaded as more as you want, so you can make an army from heroes =\

Level 7
I had to remove the old save & load system because it had some bugs.
Every triggered save & load system I have tried have not worked the way I wanted it to work. I have no experience with JASS or other systems. But I would love it if someone helped me with a system that works properly :)
I have been working on this map on and off for some years now. I have gotten lots of good respons on it. The map has given me, my friends and players all around the world lot of hours of fun. Enjoy :)

Level 3
Really nice map, however, i noticed some problems. As assasin (bird-like race) the "flying daggers" skill causes some problems as it seems that each dagger is counted as a unit, this causes that messages about "entering a region" are spammed and in the pyramid it seems some spawns are triggered when u enter the pyramid, which means when u use this flying dagger skill masses of enemies will be spawned.
I also noticed that the life-leech glyph (purchasable in the ice region for 50 "wood" i think) is either not working or very weak. I guess it could work but the life-leech only applies to the base damage and not to the bonus damage (in green), as the base damage is very low (in my case ca. 130-150) even 10% life-leech would only heal 13-15 hp, although the total dmg is much higher (the bonus damage is rather high, easily over 1500). You should probably increase the life-leech percentage a lot to have even a slight effect (maybe 25 - 50 %)

keep up the good work, i really enjoyed playing ur map

Level 7
How i can take pets i see ank of the beast and i don't know how to take a beast

Only hunters can tame beast, the hunter have a ability called "Tame Beast". Use the ability on the pet you want to tame. You can only have 1 pet, when you tame a new pet your old pet will die. Only pets can pick up ankh of the beast. If any other "class" than the pet picks up or buy the ankh item, the item will be destroyed. If you are to buy a ankh make sure the pet is selected as "shop target".

Level 7
Really nice map, however, i noticed some problems. As assasin (bird-like race) the "flying daggers" skill causes some problems as it seems that each dagger is counted as a unit, this causes that messages about "entering a region" are spammed and in the pyramid it seems some spawns are triggered when u enter the pyramid, which means when u use this flying dagger skill masses of enemies will be spawned.
I also noticed that the life-leech glyph (purchasable in the ice region for 50 "wood" i think) is either not working or very weak. I guess it could work but the life-leech only applies to the base damage and not to the bonus damage (in green), as the base damage is very low (in my case ca. 130-150) even 10% life-leech would only heal 13-15 hp, although the total dmg is much higher (the bonus damage is rather high, easily over 1500). You should probably increase the life-leech percentage a lot to have even a slight effect (maybe 25 - 50 %)

keep up the good work, i really enjoyed playing ur map

You are correct about the flying dagger skill, each dagger is counted as a unit.
I will change the "entering a region" trigger so it will now show more than once :)
When it comes to the units spawning in the pyramide its not because of the daggers.
Years ago I added a "trap" in the start of the pyramide, if you enter the spot with fire that looks different than the rest of the terrain, lots of lvl 1 mummie's will spawn. I agree that I should perhaps make it more visible, so ppl understand that walking on the little area triggers the "trap" :p

The life-leech glyph is perhaps abit low, but if I make it better it will be very owerpowered at lvl 40. When I indreased it slightly, I could solo everything with a lvl 40 warrior (good greared) without mutch problems. And that should not be possible :p
Some of the best ingame epics also have the glyph as a bonus skill as a additional stat.
I can perhaps lower the glyph cost down from 50 to 10 or 5 shards (lumber). But if I increase the percentage, it will be way to imba at end game :/ at least on a warrior.
I really liked your post :) its good to get some feedback

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
Hey Darth, I really liked your map. It certainly had a lot of hard work put into it. I quite liked the idea of everything being a hero. The imported models you used were fitting, and I liked the imported selection circle. The way you did quests was cool in that you only had to click a unit to get the quest. I also loved how the player could change his or her team color to whatever they wanted. All the heroes' spells were very good, and even though every race had the same spells for each hero class, I still respect the amount of heroes you put into the map. The items also had a lot of work put into them. By the way, I have version 1.5, is that the version where save/load is bugged? You had said you were looking for someone with a cheat system, do you want anti-cheat or non-wc3 cheats? If you are looking for anti-cheat system, I know one. If you are looking for the latter, I would imagine they would be easy to implement.
Because I loved this RPG so much, I'm going to give it a...
5/5

Level 1
Found this map on epicwar. I really love your map. It was good enough for me to play it for 3 hours straight...until I found out I couldn't save. Yeah, that ruined my whole day. Don't get me wrong though, I still love the map.

Sooo, when will there be a working save/load system? I'm anxious to play this with my buddies.

Level 2
I played this map with my friend and it's quite awesome but there is some problems in it:
1-I guess the save system is bugged as every time we type -save it wont give us a save code.I was tigerian warrior and he was a hunter first time we played and the second time we played it i was a human druid and he was a dwarf assasin and i made sure i am in my real human form before i try to save and still it wont give us the code when we type -save.
please fix that it's really a cool map.
2-I read description of first skill of human druid which makes him transform to a lion and it says in description tiger form has melee attacks etc.. but the fact it isn't a tiger it's a lion.
it's really a great map but i will rate it 4/5 because of this save system.Please fix it.

Level 1
Please add a save system. People won't want to play 10+ hours grinding to come to a no save situation. I'll glady finish this map once a save system is in place. Good job otherwise.