1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Fallen Kingdoms v3.1.2

Submitted by Son of War
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]

>>
What would have happened if Illidan Stormrage had managed to complete his spell in the ruins of Dalaran and had destroyed the Frozen Throne with the Eye of Sargeras?

>> Description:

> Name - Fallen Kingdoms

> Version - 3.1.2
> Difficulty - Normal
> Prologue - 1
> Chapters - 10
> Interludes - 3
> Apotheosis - 1

> Context - This campaign modifies what happened in Chapter Seven "The Ruins of Dalaran" of the Night Elves campaign (The Frozen Throne)

> Races:

. Blood Elves
. Humans
. Undead

> Main Heroes:
. Kael'thas
. Magroth
. Sylvanas

> Approximate Duration - 4 hours

> Game - Warcraft III 1.31
> Author - Son of War

> v3.1.2 - Current - January 6, 2021

. Complete overhaul of the two previous campaigns, the end result is a single campaign in which the story develop in a somewhat different way, although the concept remain the same, there be many differences.
. Some phases of the original campaigns have been removed and new ones added.
. The events of the first and second parts occur at the same time, so that the campaign jump between missions with Kael'thas and/or Magroth and missions with Sylvanas.
. The difficulty has been readjusted so that the gameplay is more pleasant and less monotonous or tedious.
. The available items, skills and stats of the heroes have been modified.
. New custom models taken from this forum have been implemented to give variety to the units.
. The races used during the campaign have also undergone several modifications in search of a more personalized experience.
. Optional missions have been added in various phases and new secondary characters.
. Most of the text has been rewritten, and although my English is still awful, I hope it turned out a little better than before.
. Since this campaign unites the events of the first and second parts into one, the second has been eliminated.
. This update has been made based on the advice received of the map reviewer and some players, so thank you for your time.

> v2.0.1 (old)
. Initial units of the first mission modified. Two more units have been added and have been updated to make the progress smoother and less tedious. Necromancers have also been updated so that their spells can now be stolen with the Spellbreakers.

> v2.0 (old)
. For this version I have had to redo much of the campaign from scratch.
. I have eliminated what was previously chapter one, because I think it did not contribute anything and it became somewhat tedious.
. Added one more interlude.
. The difficulty has been adapted, so that each chapter is a little more difficult than the last.
. All dialogues have been rewritten (my mother language is not English so it is very difficult for me).
. Experience rates have also been adjusted, following the mechanics that the hero level is not limited and depends on the player.

> v1.3 (old)
. Added Apotheosis.

> v1.2 (old)
. Added Prologue.
. Added Interlude.

> v1.1 (old)
. Review and improvement of the lighting and weather effects of all the campaign maps.

> by Asssssvi:
. Storm Sorcerer Kul-Tiras HD
. Mystical Knight on Pegasus Lordaeron
. Archer Lordaeron
. Rider Lordaeron
. Captain Lordaeron HQ (Unit\Hero)
. Footman Lordaeron HQ

> by FerSZ:
. Felguard
. Infernal
. Fel/Shadow Shivarra
. Doomguard
. Fel Lord

> by Ujimasa Hojo:
. Ghoul (Knights of the Ebon Blade)
. Fel Minion

> by HappyTauren:
. ChaosCitadel
. Demon Tower

> by kangyun:
. Battle For Azeroth - Sylvanas
. Vereesa Windrunner (v1)

> by Sin'dorei300:
. Abominogre

> by Sellenisko:
. PaleVal'kyrSvH

> by General Frank:
. Bloodelf Archer

> by Edge45:
. Forsaken Catapult

> by Thrikodius:
. Elder Shadow Dragon

> by Wandering Soul:
. Satyr Overlord

> by Mc !:
. FireElementalByMc

> by Himperion:
. Great Water Elemental

> by -Grendel:
. Ogre Bonecrusher; Ogre Iron Fist

> by Jaccouille:
. PenguinKing

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

>> If you don't have the necessary version to play this campaign, you can download it here: Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files by MasterBlaster

I hope that all those who have already played the previous versions will play this campaign again, because although it is still far from perfect, I consider the change to be very remarkable.

Any advice is welcome, regards.

>> Here you have the download link of a first beta version of the first map of a possible continuation, for those of you who want to play it, it is something very simple, remember that it is only an idea of how it could be: Bonus Chaper - BETAv0.1
Contents

Fallen Kingdoms v3.1.2 (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
First of all, sorry for that game cache issue. I did not have any idea it was the profile I was playing as that caused the problems. Upon changing the profile to a new one, the game cache worked. [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler]...
deepstrasz
This is not a role playing game. Use tags accordingly please. [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] Compared to your previous one this one doesn't feel too far from from lack of creative gameplay. Most is...
  1. Shellshock

Shellshock

Resources:
    Resources:
    The title is showing TRIGSTR_001

And its crashing when i choose it.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can confirm
    fkcrash.png

In the editor this is the error:
    error.png

3. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    Weird, I did not touch the .wts file and it works on 1.31. I did read about a .wts file having some invisible token at the start, that's most likely the cause somehow. I'll do a bit more research and compare some .wts files, see if I can find a pattern.
    EDIT: First three bytes of .wts files seems to always be 239, 187, 191, this is the case for both this campaign and another one I checked that was made for 1.29, so that can't be the cause. Basically, I have no idea why it doesn't work.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Try replacing the 1.31.1 .wts with another from a 1.29 campaign with Ladik's MPQ editor, if that helps.

Editing doesn't send notifications.

5. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    I looked up the bytes, they're just the BOM for UTF-8, nothing special.

I think if would be easier if you try fixing it yourself, since you can test it in 1.29. In addition to replacing the .wts, you can also try removing the files. Note that most map files in the campaign also have this file. I don't know if Ladik's MPQ editor can display files in nested archives, so might be easier to use my map adapter tool in that case. You can right-click a file and select 'remove' in the context menu.

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Removed the campaign .wts file and got
    erro.png erro2.png

How it looks ingame:
    erro3.png
    Crashes when I want to start a map.

Also removed all the .wts from the maps. Same thing.
    After opening the campaign again in the program, the .wts files are there again.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  7. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it's because of the new file format for the trigger editor files. I know nothing about those files' structure and they're for the world editor only (not needed to play the game), so I don't touch them.

Well at least the campaign files (apart from the missing strings that are deleted), seem to work. Have you tried starting all maps and do they all crash, or did you only try one or several?

Sounds like a bug, will look into it.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Could the game make them after running the campaign?
    A few.

9. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, I just confirmed the bug, maps (or files inside a map) inside a campaign cannot be removed. Since removing the .wts from campaign seems to fix the error, hopefully if the .wts files of the campaign maps are removed it will finally work in 1.29, just have to fix this bug in my program first.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And the missing strings?

11. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, as long as I don't know why the .wts files cause issues, only solution I have is to remove them, so yeah it should be playable in 1.29, but with missing string.
    EDIT: It appears that the (attributes) file was the culprit.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Attached Files:

13. Shellshock

Shellshock

Resources:
    Resources:
    its still named TRIGSTR_001

But it works otherwise

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, because the campaign .wts file was removed before and I didn't want to adapt the campaign all over again.
    It can probably be added with Ladik's MPQ editor if you necessarily want the title to show properly.

15. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    This one should have the strings.

Attached Files:

16. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Next Update (Coming soon):

We have been preparing a complete overhaul of the two current campaigns, the end result will be a single campaign in which the story will develop in a somewhat different way, although the concept will remain the same, there will be many differences in terms of character models, skills of the heroes, side quests and narrative of the campaign. Some phases will be removed and others will be added.

The events of the first and second parts will occur at the same time, so many things will be different, so that the campaign will jump between missions with Kael and missions with Sylvanas.

Finally, it will be this campaign that leads to the final part of this alternate warcraft story.

This update has been made based on the advice received of the map reviewer and some players, I hope you can replay it as soon as it is up and that the improvement is noticed.

By merging the two campaigns into one, as soon as it updates, I will remove the second part.

17. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Make sure to let the admins know, so they can transfer the comments from the second part to your first part.

18. Altalize

Altalize

Resources:
    Resources:
    My Review so far:

Chapter 1: Defiantly should a priest, despite I macroed my 4 units to keep them alive, there's been times where I could of lost due to creeps agroing lowest hp, the long corridor needs more creeps as you don't maximize your heroes level in the first chapter. Detheroc needs a slight nerf. (take away his health-stealing aura).

Chapter 2: I spent 30 minutes trying to look for the two hidden levers on each side of the water elementals. If I hadn't come to the forums, I would of not seen them, I think put them in-between the water elementals (next to the gate) as I would rather not want to use a cheat to find them.

Chapter 3: Since it's just 'kill x-amount of units' to achieve victory, it would be good if you remove some clutter of the terrain and add an optional quest to reward some mana potions, a fountain of mana would be good also. Rather 2 sorcs, could you add 2 footmen and 2 priests, this map took me around 20 minutes. Not going lie it was really boring. It was majority of the same units, defiantly should add a boss or some infected grains. Would of been nice for an ending cinematic with a captain telling kael that Magroth is in desperate need of help. Map defiantly needs a big improvement.

Chapter 4: The mission goes for 30 minutes, for the first wave... the boss should appear rather later, maybe just remove the boss for first wave so people can feel comfortable to keep creeping if they think their towers can hold with a bit of units and add him on the third or fourth would be better (even though he comes every second wave) especially with an Ank which gives full health.. The way gate doesn't work, it only works if you enter the one next to the mercenary camp... The gold mine needs more gold or at least give us a second gold mine with a bit of creeps where we have to clear. (Note: we are getting no gold for 10 minutes), while plague is spreading among the units, the troll priests runs out of mana really quickly making him useless given we are only allowed to max food cap of 50, the units get destroyed when the boss comes in with necros/wagons. Having 10 guard towers and 5 cannon towers was still not enough to hold out. Would much rather a priest from the building then the shop as we could upgrade their mana regen for better use then trolls.

----
    I can't keep playing sorry, I would like to enjoy it more and I can tell you have the ability to create good maps, these are not for me. Good luck!

Rate - 3/5

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  19. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you very much for your contribution, many of the changes you mentioned will be reflected in the next update. There will be a difficulty adjustment and secondary missions will be added, as well as skill customization for the heroes. All the advice and experiences of the players are of great help to improve. Hopefully you can try again when it is updated and can notice the big change and improvement compared to this version.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  20. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    UPDATE - v3.1.2 - January 6, 2021
    . Complete overhaul of the two previous campaigns, the end result is a single campaign in which the story develop in a somewhat different way, although the concept remain the same, there be many differences.
    . Some phases of the original campaigns have been removed and new ones added.
    . The events of the first and second parts occur at the same time, so that the campaign jump between missions with Kael'thas and/or Magroth and missions with Sylvanas.
    . The difficulty has been readjusted so that the gameplay is more pleasant and less monotonous or tedious.
    . The available items, skills and stats of the heroes have been modified.
    . New custom models taken from this forum have been implemented to give variety to the units.
    . The races used during the campaign have also undergone several modifications in search of a more personalized experience.
    . Optional missions have been added in various phases and new secondary characters.
    . Most of the text has been rewritten, and although my English is still awful, I hope it turned out a little better than before.
    . Since this campaign unites the events of the first and second parts into one, the second has been eliminated.
    . This update has been made based on the advice received of the map reviewer and some players, so thank you for your time.