1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Fallen Kingdoms v3.1.2

Submitted by Son of War
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]>> What would have happened if Illidan Stormrage had managed to complete his spell in the ruins of Dalaran and had destroyed the Frozen Throne with the Eye of Sargeras?

>> Description:
> Name - Fallen Kingdoms
> Version - 3.1.2
> Difficulty - Normal
> Context - This campaign modifies what happened in Chapter Seven "The Ruins of Dalaran" of the Night Elves campaign (The Frozen Throne)

>> Races:
> Elves (blood and high)
> Humans
> Undead

>> Main Heroes:
> Kael'thas
> Magroth
> Sylvanas

>> v3.1.2 - Current - January 6, 2021:
> Complete overhaul of the two previous campaigns, the end result is a single campaign in which the story develop in a somewhat different way, although the concept remain the same, there be many differences.
> Some phases of the original campaigns have been removed and new ones added.
> The events of the first and second parts occur at the same time, so that the campaign jump between missions with Kael'thas and/or Magroth and missions with Sylvanas.
> The difficulty has been readjusted so that the gameplay is more pleasant and less monotonous or tedious.
> The available items, skills and stats of the heroes have been modified.
> New custom models taken from this forum have been implemented to give variety to the units.
> The races used during the campaign have also undergone several modifications in search of a more personalized experience.
> Optional missions have been added in various phases and new secondary characters.
> Most of the text has been rewritten, and although my English is still awful, I hope it turned out a little better than before.
> Since this campaign unites the events of the first and second parts into one, the second has been eliminated.
> This update has been made based on the advice received of the map reviewer and some players, so thank you for your time.

> v2.0.1 (old):
- Initial units of the first mission modified. Two more units have been added and have been updated to make the progress smoother and less tedious. Necromancers have also been updated so that their spells can now be stolen with the Spellbreakers.

> v2.0 (old):
- For this version I have had to redo much of the campaign from scratch.
- I have eliminated what was previously chapter one, because I think it did not contribute anything and it became somewhat tedious.
- Added one more interlude.
- The difficulty has been adapted, so that each chapter is a little more difficult than the last.
- All dialogues have been rewritten (my mother language is not English so it is very difficult for me).
- Experience rates have also been adjusted, following the mechanics that the hero level is not limited and depends on the player.

> v1.3 (old):
- Added Apotheosis.

> v1.2 (old):
- Added Prologue.
- Added Interlude.

> v1.1 (old):
- Review and improvement of the lighting and weather effects of all the campaign maps.

> by Asssssvi:
. Storm Sorcerer Kul-Tiras HD
. Mystical Knight on Pegasus Lordaeron
. Archer Lordaeron
. Rider Lordaeron
. Captain Lordaeron HQ (Unit\Hero)
. Footman Lordaeron HQ

> by FerSZ:
. Felguard
. Infernal
. Fel/Shadow Shivarra
. Doomguard
. Fel Lord

> by Ujimasa Hojo:
. Ghoul (Knights of the Ebon Blade)
. Fel Minion

> by HappyTauren:
. ChaosCitadel
. Demon Tower

> by kangyun:
. Battle For Azeroth - Sylvanas
. Vereesa Windrunner (v1)

> by Sin'dorei300:
. Abominogre

> by Sellenisko:
. PaleVal'kyrSvH

> by General Frank:
. Bloodelf Archer

> by Edge45:
. Forsaken Catapult

> by Thrikodius:
. Elder Shadow Dragon

> by Wandering Soul:
. Satyr Overlord

> by Mc !:
. FireElementalByMc

> by Himperion:
. Great Water Elemental

> by -Grendel:
. Ogre Bonecrusher; Ogre Iron Fist

> by Jaccouille:
. PenguinKing

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

>> If you don't have the necessary version to play this campaign, you can download it here: Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files by MasterBlaster

I hope that all those who have already played the previous versions will play this campaign again, because although it is still far from perfect, I consider the change to be very remarkable. Any advice is welcome, regards.
Contents

Fallen Kingdoms v3.1.2 (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
First of all, sorry for that game cache issue. I did not have any idea it was the profile I was playing as that caused the problems. Upon changing the profile to a new one, the game cache worked. [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler]...
deepstrasz
This is not a role playing game. Use tags accordingly please. [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] Compared to your previous one this one doesn't feel too far from from lack of creative gameplay. Most is...
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It gets better later on due to many Runes of Restoration but that starts happening after you meet the first two Abominations.
    You can just make a run through to the northeast and get them one by one, the Abominations, I mean.

Also, Spell Breakers have mana and the Spell Steal ability but don't have any chance to use it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  2. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, honestly, I don't know what to do, that is, it works for me. I changed the code to prevent it from loading an old cache, I tested it and it loads fine. I don't understand why it doesn't work for you :S

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Beats me. I tested another campaign to make sure and for that one the game cache worked.
    Gonna try once more shortening the name of the campaign to something like FK.

Make cinematic scenes skippable, at least interludes (full cinematic maps).

EDIT: nothing the same :\ Gonna try the "edited/updated" version.

EDIT2: Just tried it again with cheats and the same issue happens...
    What did you update?

Make sure the cache triggers work in the end.
    I activated the first two circles in the west before going to the magic wall and getting the message about and circle locations, then activated the remaining ones in the east; if that helps.

EDIT3: sadly, even with the update, the same thing :\

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  4. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The idea of that spell was to be able to steal the spells of the necromancers, the problem was that they were not updated, now they are.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    First of all, sorry for that game cache issue. I did not have any idea it was the profile I was playing as that caused the problems. Upon changing the profile to a new one, the game cache worked.

1. -OK, you had me with those levers behind the gates to their side. I thought something was wrong at first.
    2. -Fireball's description mentions two level 3s.
    3. -good that you've put those fountains otherwise this would have been time wastingly boring.

1. -this needs more gameplay variation as you basically do the same thing. Was expecting a phase two to be honest. Enemies are not tough in the end and they don't help each other if they are not "revealed".

1. -it's Dagren not Dragen. Same in that interlude.
    2. -stuff for hero's mana regeneration? OK, you can heal him with the troll priests but that's about it. That can work for a while since Disease is basically not letting you regenerate between waves.
    3. -that first wave though... the pit lord
    4. -generally, the player is handicapped by food and unit types. Mercenaries don't get armour and weapon boni, they're expensive and take a lot of food.
    5. -and you'd expect players to actually kill those neutral hostile camps? At least the shop is somewhat close.
    6. -below minute ten you start to run out of gold.
    7. -from what I'm seeing, you like making the chapters be very tight that some mistakes could have you start over.

1. -yet another general melee map with no custom implementations aside from the enemy hero being a stronger dreadlord.
    2. -why no score screen after these maps?

1. -I guess Varimathras was an idiot and did not send notice to Balnazzar?
    2. -the two doors should open separately when their respective switches are lowered; otherwise it's a bit confusing.
    3. -minibosses are just stronger units. Nothing special about them. Could use some creativity as the chapter is mostly killing units on the map which can be done with your two heroes alone.

1. -why make another chapter when the map is the same?
    2. -the fight against Balnazzar is kind of laughable especially when you can just fast kill him and the rest dies with him.
    3. -the difficulty of the battle vs the possessed Magroth depends on what items you put on him.

It's heavily dependent on Warcraft III material and the gameplay doesn't quite help it much either but I guess... ultimately, it's not that bad, borderline substandard though.

Approved.

(previous comments: Campaign (Patch 1.31) - Fallen Kingdoms v2.0.1)

You should ask for your other approved stuff to be undeleted, Myvrea.

6. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really agree quite a bit in the analysis, I don't agree on everything but I don't have anything remarkable to add or discuss. I will solve some small errors, like the name.

We have been discussing things very similar to the ones you have mentioned, that is why we have not published the third part, we try not to fall into the same errors and make it better than the previous two.

Thanks for your time.

I do not understand what you're referring to.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Legend of Mikokoro.

8. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did not participate in that campaign. It is my partner who decides, and if it were up to him, we would not upload anything to the forum.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is not a role playing game. Use tags accordingly please.

1. -Tyrande is suddenly being described as to have died with no connection to anything in the previous campaign
    2. -Sylvanas has lame spells, basically two being found on units you can train; not saying there's no advantage but in terms of originality or creativity, it's lacking
    3. -like it that Banshees have all spells but Ghouls don't at least have Cannibalize
    4. -you should use a fixed version of the ancients as they attack with their backs at the enemy: Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion
    5. -no wisps in the corrupted mine? No lumber gatherers?
    6. -we're supposed to attack the elves but we're constantly getting attacked by Satyrs and undead?
    7. -Exhume Corpses is available as an upgrade but it can't be researched as Black Citadels can't be built. Same with the third tier armour and attack upgrades
    8. -Web is useless. There are no flying units in this chapter
    9. -you lose time waiting for the defeat message. Let us load the game as fast as possible
    10. -some mines are owned by the Satyrs instead of being neutral passive
    11. -this level is just slow because you don't have any proper melee troops unless you wait to make an army of Hellcallers
    12. -again no score screen

1. -this is making fun of the player. The first enemy attack has a tenth level hero with AoE madness and ultimate spell; the units along with Kortina also have max upgrades while the player's units don't even have Burrow and/or Cannibalize. The attack doesn't finish and the second wave with bears and druids comes; difficulty=/=annoyance/unfairness; they are beatable but it's just boring to do it over and over again while slowly upgrading, rebuilding/repairing and retraining; Sylvanas is level 5 still by the way and remains so for many enemy attacks
    2. -still no proper melee unit; resorting to Possession might have been a nice tactic in the previous chapter but now it's really getting old;
    3. -pretty much makes little sense that Arthas went ahead without needing to fight through what Sylvanas has to
    4. -generally you play with the same units as before; there's little to differentiate this chapter from the previous one; to put more salt in the wound you have to upgrade everything from point 0
    5. -no optional quests (as in map 1); everything is straightforward
    6. -no character/story development, just some few lines in the beginning; so if the point of this campaign is gameplay, then I'm pretty sure playing melee against the AI would be more satisfying since there's nothing custom here. At least in the chapter before, the satyrs were somewhat fun
    7. -not sure how well Orb of Lightning works with Black Arrow
    8. -at least you can use Web here even if for a brief moment
    9. -basically after Kortina, you clear the map of neutral hostiles, not quite enthusiasm worthy
    10. -and a comic book/cartoon inspired ending with Sylvanas being captured and imprisoned to of course only escape later

1. -more sense, a no name sudden demon character serving Sylvanas appeared from nowhere undiscovered to save Sylvanas
    2. -this alternate Furion guy is a real softy locking undead units; also lot of wasted prison space too
    3. -the Pit Lord is undead but the succubi not?
    4. -until Maiev, it's a stroll in the park
    5. -what I'm understanding is Sylvanas being paranoid. No one else but her is seeing Arthas it seems
    6. -aw... poor pit lord, couldn't return home through the Twisting Nether

1. -more like dead meat
    2. -so, in this story Arthas is running for his life while Sylvanas massacres Azeroth to get to him

1. -basically you have to wait for Charm to recharge use it and do that until there are no more units to convert. Pretty monotonous; good heavens I had a Sobi Mask
    2. -the Pit Lord gains more experience than Sylvanas
    3. -all this locking up makes me dizzy
    4. -the Pit Lord had no crimes to answer for and was instantly executed whilst the others were privileged

1. -a filler chapter I would say
    2. -I could have sworn Vereesa would be a Sylvanas copy and so it is
    3. -the elven techtree could use some more love
    4. -this seems like one of the funner levels
    5. -lots of items, no space for them. Vereesa doesn't have an inventory
    6. -Vereesa is right. It does indeed make no sense. They should be attacking the blood elves if anything. Still, Furion should first demand Sylvanas be given by them

1. -I thought Malfurion's Quest nightmare ended there but it seems it's recurring
    2. -now Sylvanas is a good girl
    3. -Furion might have gone nuts but all of the night elves as well?
    4. -Timmy's spell hotkeys don't follow the same ZQ... trend
    5. -how come Kortina and not Maiev?
    6. -Sylvanas still has to rely to Charm for proper melee and air units
    7. -basically Furion kind can finish Sylvanas in 8 hits and with Entangling Roots on, well...
    8. -Furion the coward. Wasn't it easier to do that to Sylvanas instead?
    9. -I don't like the premise of the continuation. It's basically the same thing again
    10. -what!? Illidan was going into the Tomb of Sargeras again!?
    11. -I see no reason for Illidan to want to aid Sylvanas as long as there's no common interest. Moreover doing so prolongs the yearning for what he seeks there

Compared to your previous one this one doesn't feel too far from from lack of creative gameplay. Most is circled around original Warcraft III material. You did not even try to make a custom techtree for the Forsaken but limited the type of units and buildings and some of the available ones aren't Forsaken.
    Also, the story should say something. As of now it's practically sudden randomness.
    But we're not reviewing that but the technicalities of the maps.
    Therefore,
    Approved.

However, your campaigns really need polishing and improvements. This one should have been much better than the last and it's still pretty Substandard borderline. I have to say the terrain is mostly nicely done on all maps. Considering its brief story and depicted events, I'll probably stay away from the next one at least for a great while until I can sober up.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Shar Dundred
    Paillan
    Alexen
    eubz
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

10. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree with many things he says, others not so much, but that doesn't matter. The important thing is to thank him for the time he has spent playing and evaluating the work, believe it or not, at least I have taken all his advice into account and, although it may take a long time, I am working so that the third and last part live up to it.

Custom abilities for all the heroes involved, variety of units with models taken from the forum, implementation of side missions, etc...

Regarding the story, it may be a little more complicated for the story line to be coherent due to the language, but I will do everything possible so that it does not seem that everything happens by surprise.

Finally I would like to add that Illidan, although he is in the Broken Islands, is not in the Tomb of Sargeras.

Regards.

11. fengyun7791

fengyun7791

Resources:
    Resources:
    Halo, I want to ask why patch 1.29 cannot play the game??

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    versio.png

13. Shellshock

Shellshock

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any chance you can upgrade (or downgrade i guess) For this to work on 1.29?

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Drake53 knows how to do it since mappers can't simply do it without editing the maps with an .mpq editor changing a or some files within.
    If he would do a tutorial on it, I think this could be also done by users in the future.
    Note, that it doesn't always work. It's dependable on game version feature uses. If some new natives from a newer patch are used, then downgrading the map to an older patch version might cause the map not to function anymore.

15. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    The maps use CAMERA_FIELD_NEARZ, which was introduced in 1.30, and CAMERA_FIELD_LOCAL_PITCH/YAW/ROLL, which were introduced in 1.31, so they are not compatible with 1.29.
    However, since they only seem to be called in auto-generated code (pre-placed cameras) with their default values, there should be no consequences to simply removing these lines.

The campaign has been updated recently (a month ago), so I'm assuming the author can take care of making it compatible with 1.29, but if you need my help just let me know.

16. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry but currently I do not have time to dedicate to this project, I will not be able to update anything for another two or three months. I am sorry that you cannot play it, anyway I do not think it is worth the effort, although if any user wants to do it and upload it on their own, they have my permission.

Sorry for the inconvenience, regards.

17. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    This version should be compatible with 1.29, though I only have 1.31 so I can't test it myself.

Attached Files:

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can't open it in the campaign editor and can't see it in the custom campaign screen on 1.29, sadly.

19. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's unfortunate. I think it may be caused by the .w3x headers. Since I think 1.31 you can save maps as folders so those are no longer needed. But on older patches I guess it's still mandatory, and my code doesn't generate them. I checked a 1.29 campaign and the .w3n also has a header, don't know if it's the same as .w3x, so still need to do a bit of research before I attempt to adapt this campaign for 1.29 again.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  20. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    Should work for real this time.

Attached Files: