• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Extreme Candy War 2009

Description:
- Map Style: AoS
- Number of Lanes: 3 (1 mainlane, 2 secondary spawnlanes), connected with teleporters & paths
- Heroes: 10 Alliance, 10 Horde heroes
- Items: 4 categories: common, accessories(limited to 2 per hero), weapons(limited to 1 per hero), armor(limited to 1 per hero)
- duration: 30 +/- 10 minutes at average

Choose one of 10 different heroes and, together with your army, push the candy monsters to your enemy's candy vault to kill all the candy mages!
Once the candy mages are dead you can open the candy vault and eat all the sweet candy together with your allies (as well as winning^^)
Upper and lower lane contain a spawn building, and food supplies protected by several towers.
Central Lane contains the candy vaults (one on each side of course), your hero spawn+shopping zone, a few food supplies nearby the candy vault, and lots of towers to protect what is important (CANDIES!!)

If you should lose one of the secondary lanes, dont give up! the moment your spawn building is destroyed, 2 powerful guards are spawned, helping you to get revenge!

The heroes are themed after WoW, resembling all classes.
Choose your favorite hero and help your team to win!

Oh and, remember to use F9 at least once!
You will find the changelog, tips and tricks, how to win and other basic stuff

Further information:
This map was originally created by Blizzard and should be well known as well.
I decided to continue the map and rebalance it for even more fun!
Don't expect any spectacular changes because that is not what i aimed for.
I reworked all abilities, created several new ones and balanced existing ones.
The terrain is nearly unchanged as is the positioning of units (only a few replacements for balance reasons)
Some Heroskins were changed to better represent all Horde and Alliance races
(unluckily there are still no gnomes around ...)
As you might already know the heroes are meant to be (at least slightly) like their World of Warcraft counterpart.
That is why both sides now have the same heroes as well
(Paladin for Horde, Shaman for Alliance)
In the future i might add a Death Knight hero as well, but for now i am busy playing the map as is ;)
I decided to import nearly nothing to keep the map size as small as possible because that is what matters in BNet for lots of people.

I tested the map together with some friends of mine, however if you should find any unexpected error, maybe caused from optimizing the code after completion, please feel free to leave a comment here so I can fix it.

Keywords:
Blizzard, Candywars, aos, Halloween, Extreme, Candy, Wars, 2009, WoW
Contents

Extreme Candy War 2009 (Map)

Reviews
14:21, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 4
so thats it, somewhat first official non-lan release ^^

in the future i might change the preview screen to reflect its from 2009.
but wll, thats rather unimportant i guess.

post bugs and/or balance issues in case you find anything.

Level 15
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

Hell yeah!Candy Wars!An old Blizzard map, that many people liked.Haven't played this for years!

[+]Terrain is almost the same i can say, nevertheless it is pretty nice.I really like those "wondering around" ghosts.
[+]Many custom spells, matching heroes and with proper icons.
[+]Map was protected, but i didn't experience any lag or crashes.
[+]Map was quite balanced but heroes were too strong in my opinion.
[+]No typos found, toolitips and game tips help new players learn the ropes.
[+]Everything seemed to work ok, you did a great work with triggers.
[-]Map might have been made by Blizzard but not all people know it.Make a description.
[-]About originality, you can't get many points since you just edited one of Blizzard's maps.

Overall rating:4/5 - Recommended
I don't have any suggestions to make.I would only advice you to add a few more heroes.
~ r3

Level 4
Description added

tried to add a better description here.
might add something like that to the map itself aswell.

as already mentioned my goal was not to make something completely new,
i just wanted to balance the map so it is even more fun, so far it seems to be a success^^

if you experience anything else, post it :)

EDIT: adding heroes isnt that easy, i still want to keep the wow-themed part. (WoW only has 10 classes^^)
at least death knight might be added to both sides of course.
maybe i could add more "specs" of the heroes .. well lets see how people like it for now ^^

oh and heroes are supposed to be strong. as long as a hero can not solely kill an army it is fine as it is supposed to be rather fast paced action with heroes being ... heroes? ^^

once armies get upgraded, they get stronger of course.

Level 1
*Looks at Title : Extreme Candy War 2009* - *Looks at Preview Picture : Extreme Candy War 2005*... = Fail!
It's just one of those things I can't stand, not a major issue, but really now, was it necessary to upload an "improved" version of "Extreme Candy War"?...It's a Blizzard classic and it should remain as such, but to be fair I'll download it and intend to review it tomorrow. I hope those interesting spells you keep flaunting are worth the effort.
~ Oh and as a side-note ~ Moderators might not be happy with the whole -Blizzard-map-being-edited- thing...just saying...

Level 4
a concrete list of changes would probably be rather long and senseless i guess
i dont think anyone wants to read something like:
- Mage Fireball: increased cooldown by 1sec, Increased damage by (INT), flattened out overall leveldependant damage, fixed hotkey+description

and so on ^^

EDIT: for the sake of preventing any further posts about it, i updated the preview screen to reflect the correct year xD

and yes i have to admit that you are right, if i want to make a serious update of the map, it should look like that as well.

Last edited:
Level 3
Only played one game with a couple of friends on LAN, we noticed:

- The loading screen still says 2005
- Heroes should have a slight stat reduction across the board (IMO, they're a little overpowered, even casters are able to tank a lane at level 5-6-ish... Until a hero arrives at least :p)
- Divine armour tooltips says it's invulnerable to all kinds of attack but chaos, but we were able to deal damage to the summoners without the candy monster's help (then the monster arrived and ended it :p)

Other than that it was pretty good, no game-breaking glitches. 4/5

Level 4
EDIT: fixed!

aaaand added a "new unique hero class"(that is how blizzard called it^^) as well ;)

i did not implement some kind of rune system, however the Deathknight is using something similar to the warrior rage, but instead of generating mana when attacked/attacking he gains mana by using his abilities :)

Have fun!

And dont forget to post your impressions, especially about the deathknight.

edit2: i need feedback xD wanna see more posts^^

Last edited:
Level 2
i like this map its better than the original in many ways.First,now there are death knights Second,the paladin and shaman are on both sides(you wouldnt believe how much my cousin bitched about me killing him with the pally in the 2004 version of this.) Third,it was pretty fun when i tested it out.Lastly,i like the accuracy of the spells to but if it not asking much if you update this try and get some more acturate pictures for spells?. still 4.9 out 5

Level 4
found some bugs and several typos myself, as well as some misplaced hotkeys... will fix them sometime soon.
small change for the rogue: expect a new spell instead of cloak of shadows. (probably vanish?)
for dk: deathgrip might be replaced by chains of ice. but not sure yet.

what do you mean with more accurate pictures?
i dont really want to import too many things because that boosts the mapsize the more i do it.
dk models were a must-have because there isnt any useful or fitting built-in skin.
if you mean anything else just post it^^

Level 4
Updated!

Finally found time to update the map!

The bugs i found were fixed (Rogue Sinister Strike dealt incorrect damage was the most troublesome bug of them ...)

And i took the time to remake all the hotkeys for the abilities.
QWERTC are the abilitybuttons used now.

Deathknight got some minor changes, most importantly Deathgrip can only be used against heroes now to prevent abuse ;)

Level 12
THE 9 IS CROCKED IN THE DISPLAY PIC!!!!!!!1111

lol, jk, it is, but thats minor. Personally, I think V would be a better hotkey instead of C, but my hand is on the larger side I guess. Still, good job! Exellent edit

Level 4
actually i wondered why noone mentioned that earlier (with the 9. xD) because usually unimportant things like that are criticized the most. xD

didnt find any better pic for now, and if you see the preview screen in w3, it looks almost fine ^^

ye V might be an alternative, i just prefer C for it because i am more used to it. xD
in the end, as long as all hotkeys are easily usable, i guess it doesnt matter ^^

Level 1
I really like this map, its funny and the enviroment of halloween its great; but its a bit easy and short . and the world creeps should give items D=

4/5 x)