• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Extract the blademasters whirlwind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Extract the blademasters whirlwind? (done)

Hello,
I'd really like to have the whirlwind effect of the blademaster available single and useable as special effect, withouth the blademaster himself and his weapon.
I think that's not a too complicated task, but I don't have much experience in modeling and just don't get it to work :confused:
If you need more information, just post in this thread please.
Thanks for your help; credits to you will of course be included in the map using the model! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 10
Thanks Belgarath!
I just use a transparent skin and there is nearly nothing remaining of the thing in the middle. If you'd like to optimize the model further I recommend to try to reduce its file size... it does not need most of the nodes; is it possible to remove them to get the file smaller (I experienced that the file size reduced A LOT, when I removed the bones of the main blademaster model, but the model did not work anymore :confused:)?
Anyways, your model does the job for the moment - so +Rep. :thumbs_up:

If you get it essentially smaller and success in killing the thing in the middle completely (without an imported skin), you'll get additional reputation from me and even more thanks! :wink:

you can always use the whirlwind ingame
So how should I do this without a custom model?

Level 10
Thanks also to you, now without the spinning thingy in the middle, nice and +Rep! :thumbs_up:

Now, is there also somebody for optimizing the size (removing unnecessary nodes)? That would be great.

EDIT: I tried to remove the unnecessary nodes myself and now it worked, so if somebody finds this useful, too, just take the attached model. :wink:

Attachments

• SpinFX2.mdx
    24.7 KB · Views: 74
Level 10
Hm, I thought the edit is too small and another problem: I did not make the model, donut and me edited it, that's all.
On the other hand you are right that somebody who searches for this model will look at the modeling section, not at the request forum... but finally I need donut's permission. So if you think it may be useful, upload it to the ressource section, donut3.5!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.