• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Expanded Santuary 1.6

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Good friends
I present to you my map.
I have made some changes since I shared here. Tell me what's left, I'll still try to improve it.

This is the classic map of Sanctuary. but I added 3 new races:
- Blood Elfs
- Illidaris
- Nagas

I have modified the textures of the elves of humans, for they were not blood elves only high elves.
Notes from Version 1.6:

-Translate to english.
- Minor changes in blood elf statistics.
-Sorceress: the spell has been changed to the first mastery and now its initial spell is arcane torrent.
-The initial armor of the naga was reduced.
-Puncher Mur'gul: it is no longer hired in the well of life, it can only be achieved by improving a mur'gul slave, and this can build well of life and coral bed.
-The Illidari can only have 8 Slaveholders at the same time.
-Blackscale rider: they no longer have the Fast Flight skill, but increased their movement speed to 350.
-Changes in the Tech tree, adding research and improvements to the blood elves, Illidari and nagas.
- The units were removed Forest, Dragonhawk Watcher, Dragonhawk guard, which was added to the Blood Knight and Firewings in Blood Elves.
-Added to Sky Hydra in the naga.
-New models and textures of some units and heroes.
-The Hero Naga was removed; General Vash'jir, and was replaced by Death Priestess.
-Changes in Heroes Skills and their statistics. Custom Heroes: Paladin, Blood Knight, Witch Naga, Warlord, Priestess of the sea and Sea witch.
-Ability Exorcism no longer eliminates an enemy unit instantaneously, now only causes great damage.
- Protection Ability no longer causes invulnerability, now it provides a great armor bonus for a few seconds.
- Fire Bolt ability now causes damage to enemies near the target.
-The Hydra Skill will increase its cooldown to 300.
-Minor minor changes.

If someone can help me with the AIs of my personalized races I would appreciate it, I know I can not do everything by myself .. Same with the console graphics.

And those that I need to mention in the credits to me please write me and in future versions I will add them.

Credits:
Models, Skins and Icons from:

UjimasaHojo, Assasin_lord, Misha, Thrikodius, Retera, -Grendel, Mister_Haudrauf,
Edge45, PROXY, DeuceGorgon, CreatorD3292, MasterHaosis, Sellenisko, AndrewOverloads519,
General Frank, Tarrasque, Tauer, 84chrome, GlitzageScias, Darkfang, Mr.Goblin, BLazeKraze,
Sureaver, Love Seeker, morbent, Banzay89, Sin´dorei300, Chuky, Peekay, graystuff111, kola,
Dentothor, CRAZYRUSSIAN, NFWar, LiOneSS, Zephyrius2412, Sharkarsh, Cuore, The Panda, Freddyk,
Eagle XI, Marcos DAB, morbent, Windrunner29, JesusHipster, Rubellu Sidus, Mullar, LiOneSS,
67chrome, KhaosMachine, iceteaftw, Mythic, xyzier_24, Azure Phoenix, Himperion, Glitzage,
SA Dashie, supertoinkz, CryoniC, Metal_Sonic, Sundance, JetFangInferno, Kirym, IzDiie,
WILL THE ALMIGHTY.

My email: [email protected]
Contents

Expanded Santuary 1.6 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Blood elves are human copies with a bit of High Elves from the campaign. Exorcism is overpowered as you use it on an enemy unit and not on one of yours. You have to write in English not Espanol unless you're using names and such. I'm referring to...
deepstrasz
1. Workers should appear near the main building not the mine. 2. The Blood Knight can learn the ultimate at level 1. 3. Try making the towers different. They're human ripoffs. 4. The Blood Knight has two ability disabling spells. That's too powerful...
Level 3
There's a total of 11 page of resourcws used in 'View Resources in Use'. It's mandatory to properly credit these people and not wait till they yell at you to add them.

I have named the majority on the map, I forgot to mention it. I just want to respect those that I have not named .. hehehe excuse my english I'm just using the google hehehehe

Level 3
every day you learn something new hehehe recommendations for my lack of experience on this page please ??
In addition to the rules of the forum ..
I just want to share my ideas with you xD xD

Level 3
if as I said a long time ago I did not touch the map editor :(:(. I had the idea long ago and I only made the map until the blood elves, and I played it only with my younger brother .. until recently I realized that no I should be so mean and give my ideas to know, it only took me a few days to modify the map to the current point. It took me longer to translate it since I do not trust much in the Google translator and I was lazy.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Blood elves are human copies with a bit of High Elves from the campaign.
  2. Exorcism is overpowered as you use it on an enemy unit and not on one of yours.
  3. You have to write in English not Espanol unless you're using names and such. I'm referring to Piedra Solar which also says it lasts 0 seconds. Most items in the shop are in Spanish.
  4. Items need proper descriptions with values/details.
  5. Many spells say 0 seconds.
  6. Arcane Savers has no DISBTN; it looks green on pause/F10. Maybe you could make one or add one:
Button Manager v1.8.2
BLP Lab v0.5.0
Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
How to Make an Icon
Tooltip Tutorial
Creating Good Descriptions
7. Those Dragonhawk units look too similar. It's confusing.
8. All in all this faction is human with mixed spells from other factions (even the neutral one).

1. Warcry has 4 levels?
  2. Blackscale Riders can escape too easily with that movement speed spell. They're already flying.

Overall, it's somewhat OK. However, you have to write proper descriptions as many either have Spanish words, text issues or 0 values.
It would be better if you could use some custom spells other than the ones from the game. Also, try to make races much more differentiated as they are mostly all Human or Orc copies.

Good altered melee to learn from:
UB - Ultimate Battle v2.00b AI+
Deforestation of Felwood v2.1.1
Nightborne v1.04
Planetary Domination v2.04
Sands of Time [v1.9]
The Grand Citadel (Racial Issue 1.6)

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 3
that's what I wanted to hear or read in this case .. and some things I missed because I only did it in my free time.
I was already reviewing the descriptions and arranging the warcry. From rest I hope to improve soon.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. Workers should appear near the main building not the mine.
2. The Blood Knight can learn the ultimate at level 1.
3. Try making the towers different. They're human ripoffs.
4. The Blood Knight has two ability disabling spells. That's too powerful. Plus, the first two spells are Soul Burn and Silence... Plus there's the item/scepter/whatever you can buy which also casts silence... That totally makes an imbalanced game. I suggest replacing this item with something else. Imagine having three heroes casting Silence one after the other...
5. Great Forestry (what type of hero unit name is that?) has Scout like the one from the Priestess of the Moon. Be more creative.
6. Arcane Arrow's hotkey doesn't work. Scout has S but that's reserved for Stop.
7. The Priest uses Healing Circle even if there is no hurt unit around and this happens when the spell is on autocast which means the Priest consumes mana for no reason.
8. Life Drain has a text issue right at the end.
9. Magic Shield is just Magic Shield. Haste is Bloodlust.
10. Too many units with Feedback. The towers, Spell Breakers, the summoned elementals,
11. I'm not sure about having resurrection on the Paladin and on Priests. Might be a bit too much.
12. Firewing has no projectile. They also seem very powerful and could be used to exploit building destruction like main structures. This has to be tested for balance. Maybe increase their food or something.
13. Exorcism can be cast on non-undead enemy units. Also, it's very important. The spell stuns and the description does not mention it. It's basically a Storm Bolt ability with no projectile...
14. Dragonhawks and Spell Breakers, how are they different from those the humans have?

15. The Slaveholder gives too much food. This can be exploited in early game for rush tactics.
16. Witch Naga's spells are all normal Warcraft III ones. I mean they're taken from other heroes: Cluster Rockets, Forked Lightning, Hex...
17. Curse is also present on the Banshees.
18. Firebolt does not do any AoE damage.
19. Why do the punishers also change armour type?
20. Fire vil=Fairy Fire. Purve vil=Purge and it has 0 as values in the description. What is vil anyway?
21. Sentinel Rune=Sentry Ward and it says it lasts 0 seconds.
22. Butcher=Vampiric Aura and even the buff is Vampiric Aura.
23. Nathrezim has Carrion Swarm, Charm, a somewhat changed Feral Spirit and Critical Strike...
24. Shockwave is well Shockwave.
25. Esphere vil=Statis Ward; Cripple=Cripple.
26. A Wind Rider clone and you have two units with Envenomed Spears.

27. Besides humans, the blood elves and the naga have the/a lumber gathering upgrade. Think of something unique for each race.
28. Myrmidon has Ensnare or Web. The Huntress has nothing.
29. Frost Fish says it heals 0 points. You have a lot of descriptions with 0 values.
30. Frightening Vision=Howl of Terror. Death Strike is another Storm Bolt spell...
31. Elelemtal del mar is Espanol. Also, it's a Water Elemental copy. You could add the bash ability for later levels or something to make it somewhat different...
32. Teleportation says something about 0 seconds. I assume it's a Blink copy. This hero only has copied Warcraft III hero spells.
33. Spiked Carapace says it gives 0.
34. You have three units with Corrosive Breath and two with Hardened Skin.
35. Devastating Wave is Crushing Wave which is also present on a naga hero.
36. I'm not sure you realize how important magic damage (spells included) are against Heavy Armour. You've made the Royal Guards immune to spells... At least give them medium armour.

A lot of stuff is too similar if not a copy of the original factions. Try being original. Don't make them so similar. Think more about what you could add which is not already in the game.

Next time don't hurry updating and pay more attention to what needs changing.

Awaiting Update.

Level 3
I just want to make the personalized races a little apart, but without losing the plot of the original. in the case of the elves the spellbreaker and the dragonhawk are the same because in the frozen throne campaign they still remained the same, besides that they share an equality in spite of their separation and they are useful as they are.
-Although I use skills already present but with another name, it is because they are useful and can still be exploited as the Haste is from bloodlust but it only increases the speed and does not cause extra damage.
-The vil is the fel in Spanish only that I do not change it, I missed it.
-The illidari and their excess food? I found it useful, since their units take a long time to heal and are practically very weak at first. If you get between two or a group you will end up with almost everything in the base.
-The Blood Knights had already thought about changing them a little because they last a lot in battle.
-the improvement of wood? you are racist wood xD? the nagas only deliver wood at their base and the blood elves require a lot of wood, not having that improvement leaves them vulnerable to an economic conflict, and the naga require a lot of food and I do not think they should occupy it in slaves, and the blood elves They are very fragile and still require a lot of engineers to maintain a decent rhythm of their resources.
-Now the firewing uses an instant cannon to make a missile ??
your passive attacks? I'm already working on putting an icon with your description and these should attack only structures with their basic ?? I would like advice about this unit.
-the snare or trap of the myrmidons I think it best that they are autocasteables, which saves time and allows you to focus on other activities, it would be unfair that having a sad anti-air defense one has to lower the pigeons one by one.
-Why do different elementals of elemental water? It would be unfair and racist.
-jajajajajajaja quick access to stop-detener in Spanish is the letter "D" ajajaja do not blame me for that xD ajajajaja

and I do not know much English so I insisted on asking for some help from you .. so the great foresty in Spanish was Gran Forestal, just did not know how to say in English, Scout is an explorer ?? Spanish is more complex than English.

to end with a question .. want heroes with unique abilities and never before seen by human eyes, orcs and others? or heroes useful in combat and the game system for his race and his brothers who are mothers to have fun?

This is not done overnight.

of rest I still have things to do. and thanks for the advice, I do not have the time to review everything .. sorry if I bother you with the bad translation ajaja and the errors of texts ajaja

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
in the case of the elves the spellbreaker and the dragonhawk are the same because in the frozen throne campaign they still remained the same
That's not true. RoC only had the Dragonhawks and they were called a bit differently if I recall correctly and they did not have those two spells or at least the lasso. In TfT, you don't play as the humans, you play as the blood elves basically so there's no such thing as humans and blood elves separately.
-Although I use skills already present but with another name, it is because they are useful and can still be exploited as the Haste is from bloodlust but it only increases the speed and does not cause extra damag
Blood Lust doesn't cause any damage... That's Unholy Frenzy. You're confusing them.
engineers
Why did they have mana again?
-Now the firewing uses an instant cannon to make a missile ??
Yeah, but when it normally attacks it looks weird that nothing comes out, at least for me.
Why do different elementals of elemental water? It would be unfair and racist.
What's all this racist stuff you're writing? I'm not sure if you're joking or being serious...
I'm suggesting you be more creative and not copy anything from other races because your factions should be different. No one would want to play humans with a name changed to blood elves and a different look.
Spanish is more complex than English.
Of course it is. It's a Latin based language...
The problem is, I'm not sure how much you understand from what I write. So, you better find someone to translate this to you in Espanol because I can't.
Forestal is forestal a growth of plants or green place for hunting. It's in no way suited for a person/rank... and forestry (forestry) is the science of forests. Maybe you meant ranger, the one who maintains forests and protects the animals? (ranger)
to end with a question .. want heroes with unique abilities and never before seen by human eyes, orcs and others? or heroes useful in combat and the game system for his race and his brothers who are mothers to have fun?
Changing icons and names of Warcraft III spells without any enhancement/considerable modification is cheap work.

Level 3
The engineers will have a skill that requires mana soon, as arcane beings did not want to despise them and only give them a cooldown.
the true bloodlust ability does not cause damage had I mistaken for the berserk, until only the speed increases 30% of attack and movement for a few seconds does not increase as much as the bloodlust nor the scale of the unit. besides is it useful why not have it? I changed the name and icon because the blood elves are not going to thirst for blood, what they have is thirst for magic hehehe
if I was referring to a ranger with the hero of the blood elves.
Ajajaja was being funny about the elementals, but maybe I'll do something about it.
of rest I have fun around here a little doing this hehe
Do not take it personally if my comments seem strong or bad, I just take it with a lot of fun to good sense and try to improve.
I will have to look for someone to help me with the language, always open gaps of bad translation if I do it hehehe
thanks for the tips.