• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exodar and Lightforged Draenei v.3

----------wa666r----------

Exodar and Lightforged Draenei v3
Created by wa666r

202905-albums6611-picture94367.png
full

MAP INFO:

Another Alternate melee in my series of maps involving lore races from the Warcraft universe. This addition allows the players to explore and play as the erudite race of the Exodar Draenei and the Lightforged Draenei.

The Draenei are an honorable race of uncorrupted Eredar that escaped the grasp of the Burning Legion. The race has been forever thankful to the savior, the prophet Velen - who gained his favor from Naaru. From Velen's divinity the Draenei gained the influence of holy light and high morals. The Draenei have utilized their power using their natural strength in physical power and magical essences, along with holy magic. Though the numbers of the Draenei are not as respectable as many of the other races on Azeroth, they still are one of the strongest the Alliance has.

For untold millennia, the Army of the Light waged war against the Burning Legion throughout the Twisting Nether. The draenei most committed to their long crusade would undergo a ritual to become Lightforged, infusing their bodies with the very essence of the Holy Light. After finally achieving victory on Argus, the Lightforged draenei have undertaken a new mission: protecting Azeroth from rising threats and helping the Alliance push back against Horde aggression.

full

Play as a new race, and behold the tactics and abilities to utilize their various strategies to bring the fight to the enemy.

- 4 Custom Heroes: Zealot, Exarch, Prophet, and Augur.

- a list of new items reflecting the Draenei race.

- All custom units, including a Peacekeeper; that can distribute damage to multiple units, to A'dal Beacon; wielding an immense power against groups.

Initial Defense

Strongest Units

Weaknesses

- The Gemcrafters can block a single negative spell every few seconds.

- The Violet Hut slow enemy speeds.

- The Draenei Crystals can be utilized for additional defense.

- A'dal Beacon: Powerful flying unit with a strong attack.

- Salamander: Good against enemy air units and everything else once Entrenched.

- Vindicator: Strong ground troop, effective against most objectives.

- Slower build and upgrade times.

- Most units have significantly low speed.

- Slow attack rates.

- Buildings take much longer to repair.

202905-albums6611-picture84350.png
THE SHOCK SYSTEM: The "Shock" system is something I decided to implement to make the combat for the Draenei more varied and unique. What this essentially is is using various way to debuff an enemy with "Shock" then using the Draenei lightning based attacks and spells to quickly deal more damage and increase the magnitude of many abilities cast on them.

However, only a few select units actually deal additional damage against shocked enemies; the tooltip on the unit will say: Has Lightning based attacks. . However, the Electromancer can grant any unit the capability to deal extra damage to shocked enemies. The additional damage can be more improved when using the Augur, who has the Electrifying Aura ability, which grants a bonus to damage dealt to shocked enemies and movement speed bonus. The abilities that do cause an extra affect to shocked enemies will also be displayed on the tooltip.

To keep the balance for this system, I made it so that most "Shock" debuffs will be replaced if a new one is intoduced. Example: if Grounding causes the shock debuff, but the Agent's Lightning Arrow causes another buff, then the speed reduction from Grounding will be void. The only exception is the Augur's Thunder bolt ability.
202905-albums6611-picture84382.png
The CRYSTALLINE DEFENSE: I had a problem with the effectiveness of Conduit from the start of this major update; something had to be done to make them more effective. That is why I made an awesome trigger-based defense when using the Conduit. The way this works is the Crystals act as a barrier that soaks up the damage dealt to other structures. Some attacks that are dealt to other nearby friendly buildings will result in the Conduit removing mana points from it's own mana pool, and granting it to the damaged structure.

UPDATED: All buildings must have a source of energy - provided by either main or Conduit - to work in any manner. Otherwise they will not be able to train, upgrade, or attack until provided with a charge.

full

Play as a new race, and behold the tactics and abilities to utilize their various strategies to bring the fight to the enemy.

- 4 Custom Heroes: Arch Mediator, Justifier, Faithful, and Paragon.

- a list of new items reflecting the Lightforged faction.

- All custom units, including a Sunshield; that gains armor and life regeneration while within combat, to Light of Xe'ra; which can teleport across the map and provide essential support to armies.

Initial Defense

Strongest Units

Weaknesses

- The main structure deals damage to surrounding enemies as long as it has enough hit points.

- The Searchers of Light are aerial units, which are hard to kill early on.

- The Radiators can heal nearby friendly units.

- Warframe: Enduring mechanical unit, capable to heal friendly units and increase it's attack speed.

- Salamander: Good against clusters of enemies.

- Light of Xe'ra: Flying support unit that can teleport around and strengthen forces.

- Weak initial towers.

- High health required to be effective

- Lower damage output.

- Buildings take much longer to repair.

full
HEALING FACTOR: The Lightforged Draenei are the embodiment of the Holy Light, thus I decided to have a unique tactic to go about the faction. Most units have abilities and passives that are only active when units are at high hit points (90% or more). For this tactic the entire faction revolves and functions around maintaining high hit points and a healthy army.

The faction has a plethora of healing capabilities to maintain said function. Use them wisely in order to have an effective army that can outlast nearly everything.

Even the main structure has this function to act as the initial defense. When at 80% or more hit points the main structure damages surrounding enemies. Make use to use your Searchers of Light and their abilities to restore the hit points of the main structure.

full

UNORTHODOX SETUP: One of the most glaring differences that the Lightforged have as opposed to every other faction is that they contain a flying worker. This naturally comes with huge advantages throughout all stages of the game. Be vary that your workers only have 100 hit points and can often be one-shot by abilities and some units.

All your structures build as Undead structures do - meaning they summon allowing the worker to continue to harvest lumber and gather gold.

In the beginning of the game, the player can create a Blessed Gold Mine for free and at almost no building time. Afterwards the other Blessed Gold Mines will cost lumber and take a significant amount of time to build.

full
full

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

TO PLAY AS THE DRAENEI, CHOOSE HUMAN WHEN CHOOSING YOUR RACE.

TO PLAY AS THE LIGHTFORGED DRAENEI, CHOOSE ORC WHEN CHOOSING YOUR RACE.

OTHER FACTIONS:

Inv_offhand_draenei_a_01.png
full

Screenshots/Info:

full

202905-albums6611-picture72139.jpg

full

202905-albums6611-picture84389.png

202905-albums6611-picture94371.png

202905-albums6611-picture94370.png

Change Log:

Added:
- NEW MAP (Divide and Conquer)
- NEW VOICES (Orc sounds)
- Changed Peacekeepers model
- Added Attachment to the Sphere of Naaru (looks a bit better)
- New Upgrade for the Main Building
- Crystals have Spell Immunity and True Sight now
- Salamaders have piercing damage and attack air.
- Small Changes

- NEW Altar of Wonders model and icon
- NEW Crystal model
- NEW Refinery model
- NEW Breeding Den model/icon
- NEW Angelic Asylum model/icon
- NEW Ata'mal Shard Model
- New unit: Moth
- Peacekeeper model changed
- Champion completely revamped
- Vindicator completely revamped
- Anchorite completely revamped
- Vicar completely revamped
- Clairvoyant completely revamped
- Seer completely revamped
- Sphere of Naaru revamped
- Augur completely revamped
- FOUR NEW ABILITIES; Augur
- Zealot completely revamped
- FOUR NEW ABILITIES; Zealot
- Prophet completely revamped
- FOUR NEW ABILITIES; Prophet
- Exarch completely revamped
- FOUR NEW ABILITIES; Exarch
- DOZENS of new icons
- A WHOLE NEW "SHOCK" SYSTEM
- A NEW ABILITY FOR CRYSTALS
- So, so, so, so much more!

- Complete overhaul of regular Draenei
- A new Lightforged faction added

Credits:

Credit:
Ujimasa Hojo
Sellenisko
Hawkwing
dickxunder
67chrome
FrIkY
GooS
assasin_lord
SinisterX
Totoro
Salmon
AnemicRoyalty
ReplikanT
Spellbound
Norinrad
Carrington2k
JetFangInferno
donut3.5
Lord_T
General Frank
KYTON
Thrikodius
ratamahatta
Power
Shyrony
Alpain
NightSkyAurora
Darkfang
Praytic
PeeKay
Shyster
Alethos
Diego Delgado
bu3ny

[TD] [/TD]

Keywords:
Draenei, Alternate Melee, Awesome, Great, Epic, Best Ever, Sexy, Naaru
Contents

Exodar and Lightforged Draenei V.3 (Map)

Reviews
11:53, 22nd Jul 2013 Orcnet: Legal_Ease's review:
Level 24
When I played v2, I thought it is the best custom race map I had have played. Now I can say, I liked v2 more than v2.2.
New structures look less unique and their building animations are too bright and rather hurt eyes.
Also I clapped eyes on a new healing spell. It is like 4 hp for 4 caster's mp, so not too useful in a battle.

Well that is unfortunate that you do not enjoy the buildings and their animations. I found it far more fitting to have a race be in unison with it's building just like the vanilla structures.

The healing spell restores health AND mana, so it's not a complete copy of the Priests' Heal spell. The Restore is meant to be used along with other casters and such.

Level 2
Well that is unfortunate that you do not enjoy the buildings and their animations. I found it far more fitting to have a race be in unison with it's building just like the vanilla structures.

The healing spell restores health AND mana, so it's not a complete copy of the Priests' Heal spell. The Restore is meant to be used along with other casters and such.
Anyway it is hard to heal even a peasant.
(upd)
I got the Idea restore is not a usual healing spell, but have not got it meaning yet. Does Harmony provide usual healing?
Also I tried to write something yesterday, although do not see it now in my reply… This:
• I count Gemcrafter looks weird, previous one was funny and cute.
• Did not get Gemcrafter's spell usage.</li>
• Elekk rider is available in a very late stage, until which there is a lack of a good melee warrior.
• In my view Elekk rider's Storm in ability should be initial or cost cheaper. Do you count Clad upgrade from v2 overpowered?
• Anchoryte's healing spell restores too little hp. (Ah, told already)

Last edited:
Level 1
The Honest Truth!

Hey man love the map but I must say something.

Im sorry to say but to be honest this map is amazing in every way possible but the buildings, are just recolored and retextured verisons of already Warcraft 3 orginal buildings, Im not wanting to hate, This game has so much potinental and when I am bored of all the custom games in Warcraft 3 I play it. Now I love the features you put in when you load up the Custom Game and you have a Draenei Symbols at the top and corners, But The buildings man! I love this, I truly do With so much potienal, You need to fix the buildings!

Level 5
I love your theme it fits very well with the Draenei. Adding the lore of the Draenei to the map is cool. The icons are done very well. You did a great job on the custom hero's and there ability's are well balanced and well made. The buildings are very nice designed and looks good. The map is not so unique. My score overhaul for this map is 4/5 you did a great job. +rep

Last edited:
Level 7
I think you should change the archer unit's name to Rangari to better fit with the lore. Not a demand, just a suggestion to improve the lore of one of my favorite maps. :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I think three melee units is a good amount; considering that they are all different and provide separate support.
(I don't know if you've changed it with such a big update recently, but either way)

Well, I'm not saying it's impossible to happen or make work... But be careful that each of the four standard factions (except for one), have only 2 melee ground combat units (so ignoring workers and aerial melee units). The only exception to that are the Orcs, who have the Grunt, Tauren, and Raider. However, no one trains Tauren & Raiders are technically Siege units (I.e. Not meant to be used in combat).

I don't know for certain if there is a reason for that (I have my suspicions), but it's fair to say you should try to avoid it.

Level 17
As promised, I found some time to playtest! Only one game as Lightforged Dr.
Here are my notes (sporadic, sorry; please ask for clarification if you can't understand what I mean). These are in no particular order (these are just thoughts, do not take them necessarily suggestions)
  • Goldmine not 'haunted' at race selection? The way I did it in my map (DOC) was to create an Acolyte w timed life of 0.1 secs and 100% transparency, order build Haunted GM, set its constructed progress to 100 (once building starts), give to it the 'sphinx'-based ability that turns the Gmine into the needed type (daemonic in my case).
  • Good job with the coloured tooltips (I'm slacking in this department, tho I plant to commit the many hours to it)
  • Tree corruption by dem light-wisps on purpose? That them scorching it? Looks a bit weird
  • I perosnally hater QWERTY but whatever. I'd prefer it be at least revoked for buildings (I neeeed that A for Altar).
  • Cool that you have descriptions at F9 (questlog)
  • Map too large for my taste, any plans for making axillary maps?
  • I'd say that there are too many abilities :D That's me flipping your point levied at my races. Tho they are mostly passive/autocast, so its fine. Just a tad contrived to have that many, IMO. It's cool how they all revolve around healing.
  • Good job with those icons. I chose to use more vanilla ones, but your's is aesthetically better (I lament the extra work-hours and mapsize, but the call is yours). Some icons could benefit from being softer/less saturated, but that's minor (I could share some tips of what I found to be ez ways to make cool icons if ure interested.)
  • Sunshields - T1 unit seem overpowered on paper. But I played fairly crappily and got justly destroyed by an easy AI - which is good. So Sunshileds/race definitely isn't crazily unbalanced.
  • Centurions have carry slots despite no backpack? Same with 'codo-riders' (forgot the name).
  • Tooltips say 'capable against' - I'm not sure that's entirely correct grammatically but I may be wrong.
  • Divine Beacon - a free passive in addition to autocast? (ambiguous tooltip)
  • Golden Reservoir has the soundset of Farm? That intentional?
Here's my replay, in case you're interested (I obv suck, as mentioned above).

Goodjob overall. I know how much effort goes into custom races, yours is indeed of high quality.
Any campaigns coming out soon? :D

Level 3
I can't play it :(

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_090718_182210_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_090718_182210_01.png
    922.8 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Level 24
As promised, I found some time to playtest! Only one game as Lightforged Dr.
Here are my notes (sporadic, sorry; please ask for clarification if you can't understand what I mean). These are in no particular order (these are just thoughts, do not take them necessarily suggestions)
  • Goldmine not 'haunted' at race selection? The way I did it in my map (DOC) was to create an Acolyte w timed life of 0.1 secs and 100% transparency, order build Haunted GM, set its constructed progress to 100 (once building starts), give to it the 'sphinx'-based ability that turns the Gmine into the needed type (daemonic in my case).
  • Good job with the coloured tooltips (I'm slacking in this department, tho I plant to commit the many hours to it)
  • Tree corruption by dem light-wisps on purpose? That them scorching it? Looks a bit weird
  • I perosnally hater QWERTY but whatever. I'd prefer it be at least revoked for buildings (I neeeed that A for Altar).
  • Cool that you have descriptions at F9 (questlog)
  • Map too large for my taste, any plans for making axillary maps?
  • I'd say that there are too many abilities :D That's me flipping your point levied at my races. Tho they are mostly passive/autocast, so its fine. Just a tad contrived to have that many, IMO. It's cool how they all revolve around healing.
  • Good job with those icons. I chose to use more vanilla ones, but your's is aesthetically better (I lament the extra work-hours and mapsize, but the call is yours). Some icons could benefit from being softer/less saturated, but that's minor (I could share some tips of what I found to be ez ways to make cool icons if ure interested.)
  • Sunshields - T1 unit seem overpowered on paper. But I played fairly crappily and got justly destroyed by an easy AI - which is good. So Sunshileds/race definitely isn't crazily unbalanced.
  • Centurions have carry slots despite no backpack? Same with 'codo-riders' (forgot the name).
  • Tooltips say 'capable against' - I'm not sure that's entirely correct grammatically but I may be wrong.
  • Divine Beacon - a free passive in addition to autocast? (ambiguous tooltip)
  • Golden Reservoir has the soundset of Farm? That intentional?
Here's my replay, in case you're interested (I obv suck, as mentioned above).

Goodjob overall. I know how much effort goes into custom races, yours is indeed of high quality.
Any campaigns coming out soon? :D

- That goldmine acolyte tactic i might have to try. Stupid blizzard stuff being stupid. Replacing the goldmine with a blessed goldmine at start causes the entire goldmine to die if destroyed.
- I love my colored tooltips :) wish blizzard had the same.
- the tree corruption is another one of those blizzard quirks i cant fix. since the builder is in the undead category it is the only way to create a "haunted' gold mine, but it also forces all tree harvest to cause the blight effect.
- I personally ADORE the QWERT system, makes me wish blizzard had it own customize tooltip system
- Its possible to create a new map. The reason it's large is so that players can experience T3.
- I guess the ability thing is a personal preference. I hated how blizzard had such limited amount of abilities.
- I go overboard with icons, I hardly enjoy reusing the vanilla icons, in fact, I kinda detest it
- If anything comes off as "Overpowered" its just Funbalanced :)
- Centurions space was overlooked. Oops.
- I'd say its grammatically correct.
- What do you mean Divine Beacon is a passive?
- The farm soundset was also ovrelooked. double oops.

I always wanted to create a mini-campaign (say like three missions or so) per faction that I have. However, I hate working on the cinematics and triggers involving quests and such. Also not a huge fan of creating maps/terrain.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
- I love my colored tooltips :) wish blizzard had the same.
- I personally ADORE the QWERT system, makes me wish blizzard had it own customize tooltip system
- I guess the ability thing is a personal preference. I hated how blizzard had such limited amount of abilities.
- I go overboard with icons, I hardly enjoy reusing the vanilla icons, in fact, I kinda detest it
This explains so much... :O

Level 5
Hey, I wanted to make a Draenai race too, but the only models I could find were "Broken" buildings, while I am really looking for the crystal ones you're using in this pack too. I was just wondering, did you create the models (the structures) yourself? If not, where did you get them from? Because they look absolutely stunning!

Great pack nontheless :)

Level 24
Hey, I wanted to make a Draenai race too, but the only models I could find were "Broken" buildings, while I am really looking for the crystal ones you're using in this pack too. I was just wondering, did you create the models (the structures) yourself? If not, where did you get them from? Because they look absolutely stunning!

Great pack nontheless :)
Which ones in particular were you looking at?
Some models I've obtained from other race makers.