• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exodar and Lightforged Draenei v.3

----------wa666r----------

Exodar and Lightforged Draenei v3
Created by wa666r

202905-albums6611-picture94367.png
full

MAP INFO:

Another Alternate melee in my series of maps involving lore races from the Warcraft universe. This addition allows the players to explore and play as the erudite race of the Exodar Draenei and the Lightforged Draenei.

The Draenei are an honorable race of uncorrupted Eredar that escaped the grasp of the Burning Legion. The race has been forever thankful to the savior, the prophet Velen - who gained his favor from Naaru. From Velen's divinity the Draenei gained the influence of holy light and high morals. The Draenei have utilized their power using their natural strength in physical power and magical essences, along with holy magic. Though the numbers of the Draenei are not as respectable as many of the other races on Azeroth, they still are one of the strongest the Alliance has.

For untold millennia, the Army of the Light waged war against the Burning Legion throughout the Twisting Nether. The draenei most committed to their long crusade would undergo a ritual to become Lightforged, infusing their bodies with the very essence of the Holy Light. After finally achieving victory on Argus, the Lightforged draenei have undertaken a new mission: protecting Azeroth from rising threats and helping the Alliance push back against Horde aggression.

full

Play as a new race, and behold the tactics and abilities to utilize their various strategies to bring the fight to the enemy.

- 4 Custom Heroes: Zealot, Exarch, Prophet, and Augur.

- a list of new items reflecting the Draenei race.

- All custom units, including a Peacekeeper; that can distribute damage to multiple units, to A'dal Beacon; wielding an immense power against groups.

Initial Defense

Strongest Units

Weaknesses

- The Gemcrafters can block a single negative spell every few seconds.

- The Violet Hut slow enemy speeds.

- The Draenei Crystals can be utilized for additional defense.

- A'dal Beacon: Powerful flying unit with a strong attack.

- Salamander: Good against enemy air units and everything else once Entrenched.

- Vindicator: Strong ground troop, effective against most objectives.

- Slower build and upgrade times.

- Most units have significantly low speed.

- Slow attack rates.

- Buildings take much longer to repair.

202905-albums6611-picture84350.png
THE SHOCK SYSTEM: The "Shock" system is something I decided to implement to make the combat for the Draenei more varied and unique. What this essentially is is using various way to debuff an enemy with "Shock" then using the Draenei lightning based attacks and spells to quickly deal more damage and increase the magnitude of many abilities cast on them.

However, only a few select units actually deal additional damage against shocked enemies; the tooltip on the unit will say: Has Lightning based attacks. . However, the Electromancer can grant any unit the capability to deal extra damage to shocked enemies. The additional damage can be more improved when using the Augur, who has the Electrifying Aura ability, which grants a bonus to damage dealt to shocked enemies and movement speed bonus. The abilities that do cause an extra affect to shocked enemies will also be displayed on the tooltip.

To keep the balance for this system, I made it so that most "Shock" debuffs will be replaced if a new one is intoduced. Example: if Grounding causes the shock debuff, but the Agent's Lightning Arrow causes another buff, then the speed reduction from Grounding will be void. The only exception is the Augur's Thunder bolt ability.
202905-albums6611-picture84382.png
The CRYSTALLINE DEFENSE: I had a problem with the effectiveness of Conduit from the start of this major update; something had to be done to make them more effective. That is why I made an awesome trigger-based defense when using the Conduit. The way this works is the Crystals act as a barrier that soaks up the damage dealt to other structures. Some attacks that are dealt to other nearby friendly buildings will result in the Conduit removing mana points from it's own mana pool, and granting it to the damaged structure.

UPDATED: All buildings must have a source of energy - provided by either main or Conduit - to work in any manner. Otherwise they will not be able to train, upgrade, or attack until provided with a charge.

full

Play as a new race, and behold the tactics and abilities to utilize their various strategies to bring the fight to the enemy.

- 4 Custom Heroes: Arch Mediator, Justifier, Faithful, and Paragon.

- a list of new items reflecting the Lightforged faction.

- All custom units, including a Sunshield; that gains armor and life regeneration while within combat, to Light of Xe'ra; which can teleport across the map and provide essential support to armies.

Initial Defense

Strongest Units

Weaknesses

- The main structure deals damage to surrounding enemies as long as it has enough hit points.

- The Searchers of Light are aerial units, which are hard to kill early on.

- The Radiators can heal nearby friendly units.

- Warframe: Enduring mechanical unit, capable to heal friendly units and increase it's attack speed.

- Salamander: Good against clusters of enemies.

- Light of Xe'ra: Flying support unit that can teleport around and strengthen forces.

- Weak initial towers.

- High health required to be effective

- Lower damage output.

- Buildings take much longer to repair.

full
HEALING FACTOR: The Lightforged Draenei are the embodiment of the Holy Light, thus I decided to have a unique tactic to go about the faction. Most units have abilities and passives that are only active when units are at high hit points (90% or more). For this tactic the entire faction revolves and functions around maintaining high hit points and a healthy army.

The faction has a plethora of healing capabilities to maintain said function. Use them wisely in order to have an effective army that can outlast nearly everything.

Even the main structure has this function to act as the initial defense. When at 80% or more hit points the main structure damages surrounding enemies. Make use to use your Searchers of Light and their abilities to restore the hit points of the main structure.

full

UNORTHODOX SETUP: One of the most glaring differences that the Lightforged have as opposed to every other faction is that they contain a flying worker. This naturally comes with huge advantages throughout all stages of the game. Be vary that your workers only have 100 hit points and can often be one-shot by abilities and some units.

All your structures build as Undead structures do - meaning they summon allowing the worker to continue to harvest lumber and gather gold.

In the beginning of the game, the player can create a Blessed Gold Mine for free and at almost no building time. Afterwards the other Blessed Gold Mines will cost lumber and take a significant amount of time to build.

full
full

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

TO PLAY AS THE DRAENEI, CHOOSE HUMAN WHEN CHOOSING YOUR RACE.

TO PLAY AS THE LIGHTFORGED DRAENEI, CHOOSE ORC WHEN CHOOSING YOUR RACE.

OTHER FACTIONS:

Inv_offhand_draenei_a_01.png
full

Screenshots/Info:

full

202905-albums6611-picture72139.jpg

full

202905-albums6611-picture84389.png

202905-albums6611-picture94371.png

202905-albums6611-picture94370.png

Change Log:

Added:
- NEW MAP (Divide and Conquer)
- NEW VOICES (Orc sounds)
- Changed Peacekeepers model
- Added Attachment to the Sphere of Naaru (looks a bit better)
- New Upgrade for the Main Building
- Crystals have Spell Immunity and True Sight now
- Salamaders have piercing damage and attack air.
- Small Changes

- NEW Altar of Wonders model and icon
- NEW Crystal model
- NEW Refinery model
- NEW Breeding Den model/icon
- NEW Angelic Asylum model/icon
- NEW Ata'mal Shard Model
- New unit: Moth
- Peacekeeper model changed
- Champion completely revamped
- Vindicator completely revamped
- Anchorite completely revamped
- Vicar completely revamped
- Clairvoyant completely revamped
- Seer completely revamped
- Sphere of Naaru revamped
- Augur completely revamped
- FOUR NEW ABILITIES; Augur
- Zealot completely revamped
- FOUR NEW ABILITIES; Zealot
- Prophet completely revamped
- FOUR NEW ABILITIES; Prophet
- Exarch completely revamped
- FOUR NEW ABILITIES; Exarch
- DOZENS of new icons
- A WHOLE NEW "SHOCK" SYSTEM
- A NEW ABILITY FOR CRYSTALS
- So, so, so, so much more!

- Complete overhaul of regular Draenei
- A new Lightforged faction added

Credits:

Credit:
Ujimasa Hojo
Sellenisko
Hawkwing
dickxunder
67chrome
FrIkY
GooS
assasin_lord
SinisterX
Totoro
Salmon
AnemicRoyalty
ReplikanT
Spellbound
Norinrad
Carrington2k
JetFangInferno
donut3.5
Lord_T
General Frank
KYTON
Thrikodius
ratamahatta
Power
Shyrony
Alpain
NightSkyAurora
Darkfang
Praytic
PeeKay
Shyster
Alethos
Diego Delgado
bu3ny

[TD] [/TD]

Keywords:
Draenei, Alternate Melee, Awesome, Great, Epic, Best Ever, Sexy, Naaru
Contents

Exodar and Lightforged Draenei V.3 (Map)

Reviews
11:53, 22nd Jul 2013 Orcnet: Legal_Ease's review:
Level 2
Wa666r in current version of map exodar faction have a bug, in info of charged condicut building written then that bulding have inflused aura but charged condicut don't have that ability - is this bug or not?

Level 13
The Draenei are awesome, love every bit about them, UI, originality, everything. I was never a fan of Starcraft II mechanics in Wc3, but here it worked perfectly, and I believe Blizz said way back that Draenei are basically Protoss, so great stuff.

The Lightforged look good, and like everything about them, and honestly never in my life have I thought someone will make them. However I'm not a fan of a Satyr ranged unit, imo needs a new model, imo recoloring Draenei Rangari or some other Draenei Archer would do the job nicely. Also not a fan of them using an orc UI and background music(wrong faction :p)

All in all an awesome and original map.

Level 8
Question, why doesnt the refinery have upgrades? and why cant the breeding den and hall of prophecy train units? did i do something wrong?

Luu

Luu

Level 3
Your job is amazing man. I am creating a map to play with my cousins and I would very much like to base myself on some Draenei models of Lightforged. Could you please make these models available? they really charmed me. :)

Level 1
After playing this for a bit I have to say that I could not finish a single game without it actually crashing. I have only played the Draenei so far, but the one hero who casts Fog usually just freezes and crashes the game. I tried to avoid using her, or at least avoid using the Fog ability and usually the game will just crash at any old point in time. That said I do really like what you have done with making them feel unique and the whole powering system. The exalt ultimate is freaking awesome but I wish it could be used on a Peacekeeper(at least I think it can't). The Elekk riders look great, the Naaru unit is cool, the heroes themselves are pretty good.

A couple downsides from me though is that I don't really like this map. Allied AI constantly stealing my creep exp, have to cut down trees to get to easy expansion, too big, etc. I wish you could include multiple different maps for instance 1v1, 2v2, 4 player ffa, etc. I don't know how much work this is, maybe I could do it myself if I learn more about the editor.

Now for some big nitpicks from me. Two units that strike me as not fitting for Draenei are Salamander and Draenor Faerie Dragon. Lore-wise they just do not fit that well imo. Not much that can be said about these. I have never seen Draenei near any Faerie Dragons, and Salamanders that breath lightning are usually in like Durotar or The Barrens if I'm not wrong. I know finding models and things can be tough, but I'd recommend some sort of Lightning elemental(representing the shamanistic side of Draenei) to replace the Salamander. The Faerie dragon is a bit hard to replace, but I would use a moth. I think you used a moth for lightforged though. A great unit that wouldn't necessarily fit into what you have currently is the Ravager which Draenei carried with them from Draenor and were accidently let loose on Azuremyst Isle. Last thing I'll complain about is the Rangari model. Blue skin elves just doesn't work for me, and really threw off my feeling of playing Draenei. Someone made a Draenei Rangari model that fits perfectly that you should highly consider using if you ever make anymore updates to this.

Overall though I had blast playing this race, gameplay is great, balance seems good(I say from a noob perspective). Just wish I could finish a game without a crash.

Level 24
After playing this for a bit I have to say that I could not finish a single game without it actually crashing. I have only played the Draenei so far, but the one hero who casts Fog usually just freezes and crashes the game. I tried to avoid using her, or at least avoid using the Fog ability and usually the game will just crash at any old point in time. That said I do really like what you have done with making them feel unique and the whole powering system. The exalt ultimate is freaking awesome but I wish it could be used on a Peacekeeper(at least I think it can't). The Elekk riders look great, the Naaru unit is cool, the heroes themselves are pretty good.

A couple downsides from me though is that I don't really like this map. Allied AI constantly stealing my creep exp, have to cut down trees to get to easy expansion, too big, etc. I wish you could include multiple different maps for instance 1v1, 2v2, 4 player ffa, etc. I don't know how much work this is, maybe I could do it myself if I learn more about the editor.

Now for some big nitpicks from me. Two units that strike me as not fitting for Draenei are Salamander and Draenor Faerie Dragon. Lore-wise they just do not fit that well imo. Not much that can be said about these. I have never seen Draenei near any Faerie Dragons, and Salamanders that breath lightning are usually in like Durotar or The Barrens if I'm not wrong. I know finding models and things can be tough, but I'd recommend some sort of Lightning elemental(representing the shamanistic side of Draenei) to replace the Salamander. The Faerie dragon is a bit hard to replace, but I would use a moth. I think you used a moth for lightforged though. A great unit that wouldn't necessarily fit into what you have currently is the Ravager which Draenei carried with them from Draenor and were accidently let loose on Azuremyst Isle. Last thing I'll complain about is the Rangari model. Blue skin elves just doesn't work for me, and really threw off my feeling of playing Draenei. Someone made a Draenei Rangari model that fits perfectly that you should highly consider using if you ever make anymore updates to this.

Overall though I had blast playing this race, gameplay is great, balance seems good(I say from a noob perspective). Just wish I could finish a game without a crash.
Thank you for the insight.

I'm not sure why you're getting crashes. I periodically play the races and I never crash.

I would like to add more maps, but it's tedious. Perhaps if I can figure out easier ways to import files I'll add more eventually.

I kept the Salamanders as a sort of homage to the Draenei in the Blood Elven campaign. As for the Faerie Dragons - they're the closest thing to fit with the Draenei as an air unit. And I see it as some allies from the Night Elves and the Alliance. The Rangari I'll look into, but I quite like the model.

Hmmm. I do not see why it would crash. I made it before reforged. What about the latest patch?
Have yet to try Reforged, but the crash is consistent with either race. Is there any loop that might yield a freeze?

If I get the calculation right, the crash is around 15-20 minutes into the game. I have both games video-recorded, though they are very heavy for me to upload now.