Executioner

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
An Executioner model I made back in 2018. Reduced the polycount by a huge amount from 1850 polygons to 593 polies. I also made this one with custom animations (the 2018 version uses the default paladin animations)
This model also contains a decay and dissipate animations so that it can be used as a hero and a unit.
Previews
Contents

Executioner (Model)

Executioner Portrait (Model)

Level 15
i remmember this model same as others you model section like collosus or what his name, so im happy to se him released, personali im dont care if model use classic animations (liked them) what i care is finale model and this is well done model

Level 48
Ah, what a lovely little dude. Great job, Grendel. I think my main two points of criticism here are the lack of teamcolour (especially since the only TC is on the lower shoulder that is more hidden than the other one from the in-game camera), which I would maybe add on the other hand, the axe, and possibly the hood, and the animations, which seem a little too fast and lack weight, particularly the Attacks and Spells. I think just stretching them out a bit through Retera's Model Studio could improve the "weighty" feeling, but I also think he needs more of a backswing before hitting with his axe, and the axe should stay "lodged" in the target just that much longer.

A nice grim head chopper! Although efforts are visible, the animation needs more work, e.g. in 'Attack-1' the axe swing is too high for smaller units and has no hit delay; the pelvis is stationary during the swing; the right leg freezes during the 'Walk' sequence; some cloth motions look unnatural, like in 'Spell Slam', where the cloak is moving along with the chest; some minor trembling here and there... All in all animations are vivid and contain creativity, nicely improving the character's charisma. The progress is real, especially since you've just started diving into animation. You are almost there, man, just need more smoothness 👍

I love the character design, choice of textures, and the model looks perfect in terms of the new polycount. As for the TC spots, for me there's not enough of them in comparison with the original SD models. But maybe this is you RPG hero and you don't want to follow the rules of the original art style.

I'd also agree with Deolrin on that the animations are a bit fast. For example, when I reworked a Ghoul into an Imp, I made his attack sequences longer because when your animations (which last less than a second or so) in-game get faster with auras and buffs, then the movements start looking too abrupt and sharp. I like when it looks balanced.

P.S. I don't even know why people keep 'Dissipate' and 'Decay Bones' in one file. Okay, you can add an 'origin' hero glow manually (even find the one that has animation) but you cannot add it to the weapon correctly; to add to this, gutz and 'Decay Flesh' take space. For me, it's more correct to separate things into two full-fledged files.

It's such a pleasure to critisize Grendel's models 😆 They are great, creative, authentic and with spots to be improved. There's always an experiment, a struggle in what's he is doing.

Last edited:
Level 63
A nice grim head chopper! Although efforts are visible, the animation needs more work, e.g. in 'Attack-1' the axe swing is too high for smaller units and has no hit delay; the pelvis is stationary during the swing; the right leg freezes during the 'Walk' sequence; some cloth motions look unnatural, like in 'Spell Slam', where the cloak is moving along with the chest; some minor trembling here and there... All in all animations are vivid and contain creativity, nicely improving the character's charisma. The progress is real, especially since you've just started diving into animation. You are almost there, man, just need more smoothness 👍

I love the character design, choice of textures, and the model looks perfect in terms of the new polycount. As for the TC spots, for me there's not enough of them in comparison with the original SD models. But maybe this is you RPG hero and you don't want to follow the rules of the original art style.

I'd also agree with Deolrin on that the animations are a bit fast. For example, when I reworked a Ghoul into an Imp, I made his attack sequences longer because when your animations (which last less than a second or so) in-game get faster with auras and buffs, then the movements start looking too abrupt and sharp. I like when it looks balanced.

P.S. I don't even know why people keep 'Dissipate' and 'Decay Bones' in one file. Okay, you can add an 'origin' hero glow manually (even find the one that has animation) but you cannot add it to the weapon correctly; to add to this, gutz and 'Decay Flesh' take space. For me, it's more correct to separate things into two full-fledged files.

It's such a pleasure to critisize Grendel's models 😆 They are great, creative, authentic and with spots to be improved. There's always an experiment, a struggle in what's he is doing.
i do agree the attack 1 seems scuffed, i'll try to rework the upper swing by the weekend. the attack 2 seems fine for me in terms of backswing and hit time. i'll also add more team color by then.

as for the decay and dissipate animations, i don't see anything wrong with keeping them in one file. they work fine in game when used as a unit or a hero, kinda like how the vannila bandit mage has decay and dissipate anims. all in all i think it saves file size when the model has both decay and dissipate anims instead of importing two different files with separate decay and dissipate if you want to make a hero and a unit version of the same model.

as for the decay and dissipate animations, i don't see anything wrong with keeping them in one file. they work fine in game when used as a unit or a hero, kinda like how the vannila bandit mage has decay and dissipate anims. all in all i think it saves file size when the model has both decay and dissipate anims instead of importing two different files with separate decay and dissipate if you want to make a hero and a unit version of the same model.
Hm, I got your point. Personally, I don't see the dilemma in splitting things into two files, because heroic models need to have an animated hero glow at the bottom and extra on weapons, and this is the best reason already. The file size remains pretty even when it comes to getting rid of the Gutz geoset, 'Decay Flesh' + 'Decay Bone' and adding the appropriate hero glow, tested on multiple models. As for your model, this operation saved 2 KB (not really worthy though).

More often I see requests on to make two files so that people can import only the one they need, otherwise they have to import such things additionally and create attachments, which sometimes annoys them. Of course, when people need both types of models at once, they undoubtedly save space, but this rarily happens and leaves them without the weapon glow.

Thus, I came to the conclusion that in the ideal case we need 3 models in one bundle: a hero, a unit and a hybrid one 🤔 Some kind of madness 😀

In my point of view, such models like Bandit Mage or Warlock are rather exceptions to the rule: Bandit Mage, for instance, has weapon glow and Warlock has hero glow, hinting at a simple re-skin of the models based on Archmage and Archimonde.

Sorry for being stuffy 😵‍💫

Last edited:
Level 2
I swear i saw a model of tryndamere somewhere with these animations, or perhaps very similar (an actual warcraft 3 "demake" of it).

Great model though, i like it a lot