1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

EVERYBODY HAVE TO SEE IT! DAMN!

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by dhk_undead_lord, Jun 9, 2006.

1. dhk_undead_lord

dhk_undead_lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND THIS?!
    WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?
    DAMN THIS SUXÄS

2. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I hope DotA really runs into some legal issues with this. If it becomes some sort of franchise it would infringe on Blizzard's artwork and miscellany copyrights, and finally go down.

3. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    time to die, DotA!

i do hope that what eusira says happens, because i dont really like how they are giving away money to n00bs who have no life outside of the computer, and smash something everytime their hero dies ( my brother is a dota addict )

we need a Dota Players Anonymous thing here xD

4. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Same with my brother. IN any event, Guinsoo will screw up and add something legally impossible. Most editors don't read the Terms of Service, but they don't violate them either. The megalomaniac will run into something if the map gets too big. Most editors make great but small-pictured minds, and DotA will be like Conquer Online in the MMORPG world. Fast, free, absolutely watered down.

5. dhk_undead_lord

dhk_undead_lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    >.<

1st.) The artwork was done by Blizzard
    2nd.) Artwork was copyright 2005 by Blizzard
    3rd.) Blizzard rules are AGAINST those tuniers
    4th.) DotA programmer hasn't read the terms.

I just say:,,F*** off dota!!''

what a shi* game!!

6. haloboycs

haloboycs

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. dhk_undead_lord

dhk_undead_lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :evil: cannot understand this...
    BLIZZARD have them allowed to a $ tunier? damn -.-

8. apocalypse_dude

apocalypse_dude

Resources:
    Resources:
    btw ... kenneth tan did that loading screen dota uses
    And he did it especially for dota

Kenneth Tan is one or the main artist of Blizzard so i wouldnt worry about legal issues concerning the artwork

Where is the problem with that tournament ? Nice idea and nice that a custom made game could get that far.
    Somewhat cool and i think blizzard and valve are the only developers which support mods that good

My 50 cents

cheers , dude

9. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    DOTA is fun if it was played like a normal map.
    But there are too many [cencored] people playing it 24/7/12. As already seen some custom game lists are ONLY filled with DOTA. THAT MAKES IT SUCK!

And also WTF is so special about dota next to the man days spent playing it?

The spells are easily made and not that complecated.

The main reason everyone hates it is that it is hosted way too much and gets dull after 25 plays!

Blizard should limate a spasific map to 100 hosts per day to encourage choice. That would stop the problem.

10. dudeofwar

dudeofwar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OK THAT DOTA IS REALLY ANOYING ITS UNBALANCED AND BORING and now this :x :evil: wtf this is getting to far... really Dota should be banned forever and I mean it :x :evil:

11. DevinS

DevinS

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, doing things against blizzard's terms is uncool.(Map Protected)

12. haloboycs

haloboycs

Resources:
    Resources:
    Protected or not, doesn't matter. DotA was made possible to play online with optimizer and other software. Without them, noone will able to play it online. Blizzard allowed it, they even put DotA on their spotlight list.

Why are you guy so against DotA? Because you guys so jealous? If you want topple DotA, make a damn good map or write some map review to attract people away from hosting DotA.

13. DevinS

DevinS

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you have any idea what I was talking about? I find DotA fun. . . I was pointing out that our lawful original poster protected his map.

14. haloboycs

haloboycs

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes I know what you talking about DevinS, I didn't meant to post something "against" you. I was just making follow up with your post.

15. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not really what I would call boring, but I agree that it's hosted way too much.

16. dudeofwar

dudeofwar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Calming down... calming down...
    Ok I maybe overreacting but I mean I dont like to see the same thing one and over again its just that , that makes me mad I would like a solution for this like... a Dota server :!: it would be nice and if u host a Dota game on any server that is not this "Dota" server then u are banned from Bnet for a day :!: it would be a nice solution :roll: also im not jealous I dont even care about Dota its just that I bet there are better maps there that dont have the opportunity to show off because of Dota (Fills the whole gaming list of custom games) :shock:

17. ssj2_Gohan

ssj2_Gohan

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. why would I be jelous ? i just think the map is C**p
    2. since 6.33 version dota is more unbalanced than ever ... I mean ...come on u used to win games like 3v5 and so on...but now... 1 vs 5 is simple :/

i made just 10 replays in 2 weeks ... and i play dota 1/day.

other people should not play dota that much ...people start playing warcraft just cause of dota, pirate servers are appearing everywhere so even the guys who just crack warcraft can play dota :/ (thats stupid).

i have meet lots of people who cant play a footy...or just build a normal melee base...either than play dota :/... i showed on of these persons ago a ORPG with a save/load...and he said : "woooow !!! u can actualy save ur char ?"...imagine my expresion in that moment o_O.

nvm... case closed... just to normal people who can understand...dont overdue dota... or just any games...they are just for FUN.