• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Everwood - The unique ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Looking good, here some of my comment.
What about the items. I just suggest to be unique modifiers on random. e.g. '10% chance to cast' or 'auras when equip' something like that. To get this how about like on crafting. Just a though.

Actually I think it just boring if all players can have same items.

Level 9
vercas said:
Too bad...

Any clues about the demo?
Can you release it before Sc2??

It all depends on when sc2 will be released. I don't think that sc2 will kill Warcraft. I mean, some people even play Warcraft II, and when compared to Warcraft III, I don't think Warcraft III will die in the next few years.

Don-Para- said:
vs WC3: WoW vs. tons of other maps vs. new patch that screws up the whole map

Yeah, had it not been for all the patches that forced us to recode a lot of things, we would probably have release a demo months ago.. Stupid Bllizzard.

Lee_Go said:

Hurray!

Ssilhouette said:
What about the items. I just suggest to be unique modifiers on random. e.g. '10% chance to cast' or 'auras when equip' something like that. To get this how about like on crafting. Just a though.

Actually I think it just boring if all players can have same items.

I've been thinking about adding this, as it's indeed possible with the custom inventory system, only problem is that when placed in the hero inventory UI, there's only one possible description, and that's the one from the object editor.

Level 18
on northerend wc3 is siriously dead if been on northerend for 5 years now and if seen how much it has changed in 5 years. i supose us easy is still one of the most active but for how long? i do think SC2 is taking away many people from wc3 but i also think blizzard is thinking about wc3 IV since they now make WoW catalysm.

Level 9
on northerend wc3 is siriously dead if been on northerend for 5 years now and if seen how much it has changed in 5 years. i supose us easy is still one of the most active but for how long? i do think SC2 is taking away many people from wc3 but i also think blizzard is thinking about wc3 IV since they now make WoW catalysm.

Lol, new wc3 IV :)

They said there are chances they will do it after they finish Diablo III.

Level 11
Hey, I noticed on the first page about the Talk system, you parse your text the units say. I was wondering if this is a system you have made to automatically do this, or you parsed it yourself?

If its a system, could you PM the system, or tell me how I could make my own (Yes I code)

Thanks also you have more competition: click my sig xD
Not that I want to compete, but was reading above and saw that posts about you vs. other maps and i loled

Hey, I noticed on the first page about the Talk system, you parse your text the units say. I was wondering if this is a system you have made to automatically do this, or you parsed it yourself?

If its a system, could you PM the system, or tell me how I could make my own (Yes I code)

Thanks also you have more competition: click my sig xD
Not that I want to compete, but was reading above and saw that posts about you vs. other maps and i loled

I fear as long as they have me as a terrainer, we don't have much of a competition ;)
Can't say i did much work, but in 2 weeks i will be back in business! :D
Good luck anyway ^^
PS: Looking forward to your ORPG!

Level 8
Perhaps there's not enough material to release a demo. Or, the demo lacks fun polishment so that people will be dissapointed. Are you that desperate to play the map? lol

Level 17
Guys, there has been a major change of events over the past few days. RolePlaynGamer will not longer be leading the project due to inactivity, and I will be taking over. Oziris and Tukki are still apart of the team, and as such will be apart of the major overhaul.

What I want you all to do is to abandon this thread, and let it die. It shows what the "Old Everwood" would have been like, which focused a lot more on aspiring to be like other popular MMO's and had no proper name for itself. So it is my aim to give it a name that would make it last, rather than trying to simulate World of WarCraft and Guild Wars. Yes, this will make you wait a few months more, but I promise you, it will be worth it.

I will be creating a recruitment thread in a few moments, and will link it when it has been posted.

Thank you for your time, support and feedback,

The Everwood Team

Status
Not open for further replies.