• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Event Horizon - An All New Kind of Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
EHLogo.jpg

Event Horizon
By: ReddSpyDer07

///Summary\\\

Event Horizon is a space-themed-arcade-style-hero-arena-rpg. Yeah, there's no easy way to describe this game :xxd: so I'm just going to give you the gist of it (has nothing to do with the movie). To begin, the game contains both single player and multiplayer parts. The demo that is included in this thread only has the single player section. When you start the game you can load where you left off or start a new profile. You play as a space ship which acts as your main hero. Every ship contains 3 types of weapons (abilities) and 1 special ability (ultimate). Now this may sound like your typical dota-style hero, but here's where things get interesting. First of all, you control your ship with the arrow keys on your keyboard. You accelerate with the up arrow and decelerate with the down arrow, while your turning is controlled by the left and right arrow keys. Now, to use your abilities you press the A, S, W, and D hot keys to fire your weapons. Your weapons do not use mana, instead you carry a certain amount of ammunition for each weapon and you recharge that ammo over time. Your mana acts as your ship's shield, absorbing damage until it becomes depleted. That about does it for the ship, now I'll describe what the game play consists of.

///Game Play\\\

You start off at Level 1 and there is a maximum of 50 Levels. You gain experience by killing other ships in either multiplayer or in a Skirmish Round in single player. Every level you gain you will earn one credit. You use these credits to improve any one of your 10 stats, and they are as follows:

• Hit Points
  • Armor
  • Shields
  • Shield Regen
  • Weapon Damage
  • Action Points
  • Critical Strike
  • Acceleration
  • Turn Rate
  • Top Speed

Once you upgrade a stat, you cannot undo it. As you level up you will unlock different ships that you can play as. Now onto the maps that you play in.

///Game Maps\\\

The game includes a built in Map Editor. That's right, you can create your very own maps to play in and share them with the rest of the world! Game maps are composed of a grid of tiles that can contain walls, ground, space, or power-ups. While ships are flying over ground they will regenerate their shields but they will drain their shields while over space. When a ship passes through a power-up they will gain a bonus over a short period of time. The demo comes with 9 maps and if you'd like to submit your own map to be included in the final game then send me the 3 part code, the name of your map, and the name you'd like to be given credit as. Well that about does her! I hope you have fun trying out the demo and ill keep you posted as I get the map ready for release. Feedback is much appreciated!

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

A4.jpg

A5.jpg

A6.jpg

(Your ship has unlimited ammo and is invulnerable in the demo by the way! There are a lot of things not finished in the demo, so keep in mind that it is basically the framework of the game. Also, there is no music or sound in the game so put your own tunes on)

Attachments

• Event Horizon Demo v1.1.w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Level 2
I doubt theres any music during normal warcraft either :p
seems intereseting... Ill test it and give review!

Status
Not open for further replies.