1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Equipment System, Version 2.2a

Submitted by lolreported
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is an equipment system I've created 100% of my own. It's 50% GUI and 50% easy JASS. You're able to equip 6 items (Head, Armor, Shield, Weapon, Amulet and Ring items)

Anyway, read the READ ME when you've downloaded the map. I've explained everything there.

This system is 100% MPI (One unit for each player can use it)

Changelog

UPDATE (Version 1.0 > 1.1)

> I've fixed the JASS thing that Eccho told me.
> I've removed the once per item-type lag stuff, by creating some actions in the "EquipmentSystemInitialization" trigger.

UPDATE (Version 1.1 > 1.2)

> Optimized all GUI code.
> Removed unused code.
> Found some unused variables.
> Removed the greeny icons, by importing a new icon!
> ...and other small things.

UPDATE (Version 1.2 > 1.3)

> Fixed an issue with unequiping items.

UPDATE (Version 1.3 > 2.0)

> You are now able to use twohanded weapons with this system!
Code (vJASS):
    set udg_Weapon_TwoHanded[udg_i[3]] = true

or
Code (vJASS):
    set udg_Weapon_TwoHanded[udg_i[3]] = false

> Small stuffs fixed and edited.

UPDATE (Version 2.0 > 2.1a)

> The system now saves the current charges left to items in the inventory.
> Reworked Equipment triggers, made them a little shorter.

UPDATE (Version 2.1a > 2.2a)

> When initializing items you'll no longer be needed to use 'A002' as an ability that does nothing, just type: 0 or 'null'.
> The system now supports more abilities to add to each item-class. Head, Armor, Weapon and Shield items now supports 4 abilities instead of 2. Rings and Amulets now supports 6 instead or 4 abilities.

Keywords:
Equipment, System, Equipment System, ES, E, S, Flood, The_Flood, GUI, JASS, Simple,
Contents

Equipment System, By: The Flood (Map)

Reviews
22:52, 11th Apr 2009 Eccho: I would say this might will be useful for some. It works as intended and does not leak, and is perfectly MPI. However, some thing bugs me. *As I mentioned, the green "invalid" icons which shows up, looks horrible....
  1. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well, please post your "Open Equipment" trigger in here between [""TRIGGER] [""/TRIGGER] tags, without the quotes, so I may see the error.

2. j210_like

j210_like

Resources:
    Resources:
    dude WOW this is SO CLOSE to what im looking for...im creating an rpg hopefully good enough to blow wc3 away, message me if you can help customize this a little better for me to fit the game, im more of a GUI System/spell guy, so this 50% makes since and 50% leaves me brain dead when i glance at triggers. I just need a few things changed so hopefully it wouldn't be much...

3. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    And what do you want me to change?

4. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can you say how to make a save/load system to it ? :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  5. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I've got no idea. It depends on what save and load system you're using and how they allow you to save/store specific values.

6. Iamspartacus

Iamspartacus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Major Problems.

OKAY, I absolutely am relying on this trigger as the inventory system on my PRIVATE map. It will not work, I have assigned the trigger to a hero for player 1, and ALL of the items and abilities needed by the trigger have the EXACT same item ids, but the trigger still will not work. What the crud. Help please? I think I'm attaching the right file (exported triggers) I have narrowed it down, I'm 70% sure it's a problem with how I modified the triggers...

Oh, the exact problem is that the equipment inventory item (that opens the equipped inventory slots) never appears.

:goblin_cry:

Thanks, if anyone can help...

Attached Files:

• WTF.wtg
      File size:
      140.7 KB
      Views:
  7. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'm sorry. I can't help you. I've left warcraft 3 and do not trigger anything anymore. The system is really outdated, I've got an updated version of the system somewhere, but I was to lazy to update it here. So, you should try use another equipment system if this doesn't work. I may help you if you post the trigger you think cause the problem here within ['TRIGGER] tags and I may take a look. Good luck!

8. MooNek

MooNek

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is just awsome!
    I love it :)

9. owenfitz

owenfitz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    anyone have any ideas on how to get it to work with a game cache. When i use the game cache it only saves the inventory and not the equipment menu and i tried giving all the equipment o another unit, going to new map and giving it back but no luck.

10. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    My map fatals when I try to put this in it.
    Any idea's?