• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Equestria Chronicles: Rise of Nightmare Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Equestria Chronicles: Rise of Nightmare Moon

Introduction and Overview
That's right! It's a My Little Pony map! But not just any MLP map, it's a Diablo-type RPG map with a linear story and RPG elements such as items, spells, quests, and fighting wave after wave of monsters! However, unlike other large dungeon crawlers such as diablo, torchlight, or path of exile, my map will be a lot more fast paced, teamwork dependent, and a lot less complicated. The objective of the game is pretty straightforward: hack and slash your way through all the enemies and bosses until you reach Nightmare Moon! (Who you will have to "neutralize" to win the game)

Gameplay
As stated in the introduction, the map will play like Diablo. For those of you who are not familiar with the game, the gameplay is basically a hack n' slash RPG. A maximum of 6 players will choose their characters and fight their way through hordes of monsters as well as completing quests throughout the map, encountering bosses and traps along the way, eventually coming to the end boss, which, upon its defeat, will cause the players to win the game. Simple and snappy.

Storyline
Twilight Sparkle learns that the evil Nightmare Moon will return during the upcoming Summer Sun Celebration after one thousand years of imprisonment on the moon. She tries to warn her mentor Princess Celestia, but the Princess ignores her and sends her to Ponyville to check on the preparations for the celebration. There Twilight reluctantly meets Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie for the first time. At the celebration, Nightmare Moon appears in place of a missing Princess Celestia and decrees everlasting night (CnP from wikipedia). This is the basic storyline, though there is obviously more history and depth to it rather than just the return of Diablo.. I mean Nightmare Moon.

Characters
Each hero will possess one of two traits (which the player will choose) that will define her role in the team. Example: support, tank, dps, etc. Each hero has 3 basic abilities (effects of abilities are different based on chosen trait), 2 trait-specific abilities, and 1 innate trait-specific ability. Each hero will also use (somewhat) unique resources for their abilities as well as possess different playstyles.
Combat
Each and every enemy your team will face will have different patterns of attacking, which you can take advantage of to dodge enemy attacks or kill them faster and more efficiently. The most common of course, will be the mindless auto-attack monster that will appear regularly. Bosses will also observe patterns of attacking, making boss fights more active.
Cooperative Quests and Tasks
Throughout the game, there will be obstacles that a team must cooperatively conquer in order to progress, such as fixing bridges.
Items
Every hero will be able to wear all kinds of equipment without any restrictions. However, some items will obviously benefit a specific hero much more than others, and players must learn to share in order for the team to succeed.
Areas
Equestria Chronicles will feature 4 different areas (Ponyville, Everfree Forest, and the Castle of the Ancient Pony Sisters and its courtyard ruins). Each area will feature unique monsters and scenarios.

The Detailed..... Details!

This is where I go into detail in the specific characters, planned quests, areas and whatnot. This section will update everytime I think up of new stuffs :3

Heroes! errr.... Heroines!

Twilight Sparkle
Twilight is a ranged spellcaster that specializes either in bombarding enemies with powerful area of effect spells or supporting allies from afar. Resource used is a fast-recharging mana pool.
Paths:
Wizard - Focuses on damaging abilities and self-defense
Arcanist - Focuses on buffing allies and mitigating damage
Basic Abilities:
Q: Magic Bolt - Basic: Deals damage to enemies in an area (area target nuke).
- Wizard: Releases an additional magic wave, dealing more damage
- Arcanist: Heals allies within blast radius
W: Shockwave - Basic: Deals damage to enemies in a line (line target nuke)
- Wizard: Can be charged to deal additional damage
- Arcanist: Grants affected allies increased attack speed
E: Blink - Basic: Teleports to a target area (point target)
- Wizard: Can be used twice before cooling down
- Arcanist: Knocks back enemies in the target area
Path-Specific Abilities
Wizard:
D (Innate): Siphon Magic - Deals damage to a target based on mana and intelligence and restores mana for the damage dealt (single target)
R: Flash Frost - Slows enemies in an area. Enemies damaged by Twilight while slowed will be stunned for a short time and take additional damage (area target)
F: #42 - Releases a massive beam of energy, dealing damage to enemies in a line (line target supernuke)
Arcanist:
D (Innate): Want it, Need it - Forces nearby enemies to attack Twilight's doll. Each attack restores Twilight's mana (point target)
R: Blinding Flash - Blinds enemies for 3 seconds and amplifies damage dealt to affected enemies (single target)
F: Failsafe Spell - Heals allies for a percentage of their maximum health and removes all debuffs. Additionally, all allies become invulnerable for a short time (instant)

Rainbow Dash
Rainbow is a melee spamcaster, peppering enemies with low cooldown abilities and shutting down either a single target or groups of enemies with powerful trait abilities. Resource used is a small, quickly regenerating mana pool and energy; each basic ability cast grants Rainbow 1 energy, up to 5. Energy is used for path-specific abilities.
Paths:
Speedster - Focuses on targeting single enemies
Weathermaster - Focuses on disrupting groups of enemies
Basic Abilities:
Q: Dart - Basic: Dashes toward a target, dealing damage (single target).
- Speedster: Can be used twice before cooling down
- Weathermaster: Stuns the target for 1 second
W: Cloud Stomp - Basic: Damages enemies around Rainbow (instant)
- Speedster: Temporarily increases movement speed
- Weathermaster: Knocks nearby enemies back slightly
E: Wing Slash - Basic: Damages enemies in front of Rainbow (instant)
- Speedster: Temporarily increases attack speed
- Weathermaster: Knocks back affected enemies slightly
Path-Specific Abilities
Speedster:
D (Innate): Mach 10 - Strikes a target with incredible speed, dealing damage to the target. Refreshes cooldown and refunds energy when target is slain (single target, 3 energy cost)
R: Burning Flurry - Charges a target and sets the ground aflame, dealing damage (single target, 4 energy cost)
F: Sonic Rainboom - Deals massive damage toward a single target, depending on the amount of distance between Rainbow and the target as well as the target's maximum health. (single target, 5 energy cost)
Weathermaster:
D (Innate): Tempest - Spins around to create a tornado, tossing nearby enemies away (instant, 3 energy cost)
R: Rolling Storm - Conjures a moving nimbus cloud, shocking enemies in place as the cloud travels (point target, 4 energy cost)
F: Buccaneer Blaze - Channels the power of thunder at a concentrated area, dealing heavy damage and stunning enemies (area target, 5 energy cost)

Demo Video:

Fluttershy
Fluttershy is mostly a support/tank hero that can either call in allies through summoning or babysit other heroes through a wide array of healing spells. Resource is a slow regenerating mana pool that is filled up by attacking enemies with either Fluttershy or her pets.
Paths:
Beastmaster - Focuses on summoning allies and dealing damage
Caretaker - Focuses on keeping allies alive
Basic Abilities:
Q: The Stare - Basic: Stun locks Fluttershy and a target for up to 5 seconds (single target).
- Beastmaster: Deals damage during the ordeal
- Caretaker: Grants Fluttershy a large armor boost during the ordeal
W: Assert - Basic: Fluttershy yells loudly, dealing damage to enemies around her. Cooldown is refreshed when she or her pets take damage up to a certain threshold (instant)
- Beastmaster: Lower damage threshold and grants attack damage
- Caretaker: Grants allies increased health regeneration
E: Summon Bear - Basic: Fluttershy summons Harry the bear to fight for her (instant)
- Beastmaster: Harry deals more damage and has the ability: bash
- Caretaker: Harry has more health and armor and has the ability: taunt
Path-Specific Abilities
Beastmaster:
D (Innate): Wild Pact - Heals Fluttershy's pets and grants them an aura based on the pet type (instant)
R: Summon Hawk - Fast attack unit that can critically strike (instant)
F: Summon Wolf - Powerful melee attack unit with frenzy and evasion (instant)
Caretaker:
D (Innate): Summon Angel - Summons Fluttershy's rabbit, Angel that constantly heals allies (instant)
R: Mend - Heals an ally and grants health regeneration (single target)
F: United we Stand - Releases a healing chain that restores allied health (single target)

Rarity
Rarity is a defensive mage that focuses on bolstering allied defenses with a wide array of shields and dispatching individual enemies using crippling debuffs. Resource used is a moderately regenerating mana pool that is built up by damaging enemies.
Paths:
Jeweller - Focuses on granting allies increased defenses
Charmer - Focuses on debuffing enemies
Basic Abilities:
Q: Crystalline Impact - Basic: Stuns a target and deals damage (single target).
- Jeweller: Stuns the target longer
- Charmer: Deals increased damage
W: Shatter Strike - Shatters a target, dealing damage around a target enemy (single target).
- Jeweller: Grants allies armor within the blast radius
- Charmer: Deals more damage if target is affected by Crystalline Impact
E: Here Comes Tom! - Causes a huge rock to fall from the sky, dealing damage to enemies after a short delay (area target).
- Jeweller: Knocks back targets
- Charmer: Faster impact, deals bonus damage based on target's maximum health
Path-Specific Abilities
Jeweller:
D (Innate): Crusted Shield - Grants an ally a shield that stuns potential attackers for a number of hits and reduces damage by half (single target).
R: Gem Armor - Grants an ally a damage absorbing shield and bonus armor (single target).
F: Crystal Protection - Creates an enchanted area that grants allies increased armor (instant).
Charmer:
D (Innate): Deadly Beauty - Charms a target, causing the target to have reduced armor (single target).
R: Attract - Causes a target to swoon, slowing its movement and reducing damage dealt (single target).
F: Persuasion - Converts a target to be an ally. If the target is a large opponent, prevents attacks for a short time (single target).

Applejack
Applejack is a melee fighter who mainly functions as a front-line damage-soaking tank with a balanced mix of strong area and single target offensive abilities. Resource used is a rage pool that degenerates out of combat and is built up by attacking or using rage generating abilities.
Paths:
Defender - Focuses on tanking enemy damage
Fighter - Focuses on dealing more damage
Basic Abilities:
Q: Rockshot - Basic: Hurls a boulder at a target, dealing damage to surrounding enemies (single target).
- Defender: Stuns the affected targets
- Fighter: Has a very low cooldown
W: Crushing Gallop - Charges toward a single target, dealing damage to nearby enemies (single target).
- Defender: Grants Applejack bonus armor after the impact
- Fighter: Grants Applejack bonus attack damage after the impact
E: Headbutt - Deals damage and knocks back a target (single target).
- Defender: Dazes a target, causing the target to miss attacks and take additional damage
- Fighter: Ruptures the ground where the target lands, dealing damage to nearby enemies
Path-Specific Abilities
Defender:
D (Innate): Fortified Cider - Consumes a flagon of cider, restoring health and grants a random buff (instant).
R: Safeguard - Dashes quickly to an ally, knocking back nearby enemies and healing Applejack and the target (single target).
F: Heroic Call - Draws all nearby enemies toward Applejack, dealing damage and taunting targets (instant).
Fighter:
D (Innate): Overpower - Dashes a short distance, slamming into enemies, damaging and slowing nearby targets (point target).
R: Earthshock - Slams the ground, releasing a seismic wave that rushes out, damaging targets and slowing enemies (point target).
F: Rampage - Deals damage to enemies based on missing health and restores some rage and a portion of Applejack's health. Additionally, Applejack's skills do more damage and she gains increased strength for a short duration (instant).

Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie is a rather oddball hero that focuses on dealing damage in the front lines with an arsenal of unorthodox abilities. Resource is sugar rush, which is built up by constantly moving. Once maxed out, Pinkie's next ability will grant her massively increased movement speed and agility.
Paths:
Random - Focuses on using strange abilities to fight enemies
Party Animal - Focuses on self buffs and empowering attacks to deal damage
Basic Abilities:
Q: Rollout - Basic: Rolls in a ball toward a target, dealing damage (single target).
- Random: Knocks the target toward a secondary enemy, dealing half damage to the secondary target
- Party Animal: Has a lower cooldown and deals more damage
W: Party Cannon - Basic: Shoots confetti from a cannon, dealing damage in an area (area target).
- Random: Leaves behind the cannon which can explode after a delay, knocking back enemies
- Party Animal: Surprises targets, causing them to flee for a short duration
E: Too Many Pinkies - Basic: Creates an illusionary double of pinkie pie that can fight enemies (instant).
- Random: Creates 2 illusions
- Party Animal: Illusion gains increased duration, damage dealt, and reduced damage taken.
Path-Specific Abilities
Random:
D (Innate): Pinkie Sense - Passively grants a chance to dodge enemy attacks. Can be activated to dodge all basic attacks temporarily (instant).
R: ?
F: ?
Party Animal:
D (Innate): Pinkie Sense - Passively grants a chance to dodge enemy attacks. Can be activated to triple the dodge bonus and increase attack speed temporarily (instant).
R: Surprise - Instantly appears beside a target enemy, dealing damage and causing Pinkie's attacks to deal double damage for a short time (single target).
F: Party of One - Pinkie becomes overpowered by her insane alter-ego, Pinkamena, preventing her from dying and granting her increased damage output for a short time (instant).

Gameplay Video (Outdated)

Screenies
KuH2GLd.jpg

k3HKIlj.jpg

C22flpt.jpg

1dc5OZ8.jpg

UPDATES
There are no pony models for Wc3. I need assistance!
Early Alpha Release: May 10, 2014

Progress:
Terrain: 35%
Triggers: 60%
Heroes and Spells: 70%
Models: 0%

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_030613_201102_03.tga
    3.6 MB · Views: 547
  • WC3ScrnShot_030613_201648_04.tga
    3.6 MB · Views: 399
Last edited:
Level 6
Crazy. I love Ponies, but Ponies + Diablo + Wc3?... Good luck. :p

EDIT - Creative class names & ability ideas, though.

Why thanks! You can check out a video I added at the "Rainbow Dash" section to have a sneak peek of what it will kinda look like.

WOW. Interesting project you have there:)
Anyway, I'm here for the terrains, shall we begin?
--------
Criticism:
1. Bad doodads placement in some places, especially the forest and that waterfall!
2. Bad tileset variation, make a cobble path in that village, put fences at the road's edges, some stands(fruit, weapon, armors, hats).
3. Lack of details next to the troll hut! Put some weapon racks, armors etc.
4. Put some flowers in that forest with rocks and add a short grass tile there too!

Level 6
WOW. Interesting project you have there:)
Anyway, I'm here for the terrains, shall we begin?
--------
Criticism:
1. Bad doodads placement in some places, especially the forest and that waterfall!
2. Bad tileset variation, make a cobble path in that village, put fences at the road's edges, some stands(fruit, weapon, armors, hats).
3. Lack of details next to the troll hut! Put some weapon racks, armors etc.
4. Put some flowers in that forest with rocks and add a short grass tile there too!

Thanks for the tips!
But my terrain is based on the show this game is based on!
The roads in the village are supposed to be dirt. There are indeed stands in the marketplace are of the village (not in the screenies). Fences are not included to make space for battles in the village. The forest is kinda supposed to be this dark, wild, chaotic mess because nothing in the land is tamed or trodden upon. Mostly brambles and mushrooms that can brave the lightless savage conditions of the forest can grow in it. Except for a special flower (which is included in the game as a trap) that causes creatures that are not used to the forest's conditions to suffer random defects. The troll hut thingy is a witch doctor's hut, and the owner is a peaceful potion maker so adding armor or weapon stands would not make sense. Keep this in mind, so please review more carefully next time! I do understand that you may have not been informed of the details but thanks for the details anyway!

Okay! But that doesn't mean you cannot diversify that terrain a bit!
1. If that's a witch doctor's hut then you could add some flasks and potions on tables etc.
2. Let your imagination go wild, change some stuff, it doesn't need to be an exact replica of that show!
3. I always play maps if they have at least a decent terrain(if I see one Blizzard cliff used in maps, then hell no!)
Oh and good luck with this, I forgot:)

Level 6
Okay! But that doesn't mean you cannot diversify that terrain a bit!
1. If that's a witch doctor's hut then you could add some flasks and potions on tables etc.
2. Let your imagination go wild, change some stuff, it doesn't need to be an exact replica of that show!
3. I always play maps if they have at least a decent terrain(if I see one Blizzard cliff used in maps, then hell no!)
Oh and good luck with this, I forgot:)

Thank you for the quick reply and the advice! I'll make sure to take it to heart!

Level 14
I never understood the whole my little pony thing, but that being said, I was impressed with the gameplay video. The theme and the abilities are really nice. I guess that's what I get for judging a book by its cover.

I must say, nice job, keep up the good work.

Level 8
Bwahahahah when I was my little pony in search page I never thought I will cross this. Looks like both funny and cool.

Pinkie Pie class: Random. WTH? (Though, not really that much surprised to see Pinkie having that kind of sub-class.

Level 6
Bwahahahah when I was my little pony in search page I never thought I will cross this. Looks like both funny and cool.

Pinkie Pie class: Random. WTH? (Though, not really that much surprised to see Pinkie having that kind of sub-class.

Lol, I've ran out of ideas for Pinkie Pie xD

Status
Not open for further replies.