• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Epidemic v.1.50

Map Creator: 43Berries
Staff: 43Berries (Terrainer, modeler, sound editor, GUI, and overall systems)
Darkenneko003 (Skinner, adviser and tester)

ROTD 1&2:
Zero Hour v.1.8.5 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
Reign of the Dead v.3.0.0 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Type: ORPG/Survial

Plot: The year is around 2030 and humanity has been pushed to the brink of oblivion. The virus that originated in New York had spread globally in matter of weeks. In couple months, all N.A.T.O. forces had fail military operations to contain the infected. In less than a year, the free world had fell victim to this virus. An American operation in Colorado Springs converted NORAD into a larger underground housing facility. After eight years, a scientist by the name of Jacob Mathews went out into the wasteland of America. His purpose was to research the mutation of the virus and find a viable antidote. You are a group of elite soldiers sent out to seek the where abouts of Jacob Mathews and his research.

Summary features:
- Food system
- Day and night cycle
- Ammo system
- Jamming
- Sleeping
- Hydration
- Sanity (In progress)
- Smart AI Zombies
- Save and load
- Interactive environmental factors
- Destructible environment
- Wound system.
- Rank System.

CREDITS:
Major Sources
Blizzard Entertainment
Resident Evil
I am Legend
Counter Strike
File Front
Wc3campaigns.net
Hiveworkshop.com
Epicwar.com

Private Sources
Fluff
Redscores
Punisher_x
xXm0rpH3usXx
Kofi_Banan
Illidan(Evil)X
Pyramidhe@d
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Maximash
SuPa-
Tomura
Talon the Mage
Darkenneko003
~Void~
Callahan
Huinipachutli
GAR
Wulfclaw

Screenshots:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r13/Philipmui/C1.jpg[/IMG]
C2.jpg

C3.jpg

Ra1.jpg

Ra2.jpg
]

Keywords:
zombie,survival,epidemic
Contents

Epidemic v.1.50 (Map)

Reviews
10:27, 28th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: A interesting Zombie Shooter map, with not so great terrain but it will do the cause. It has some good scripting and ideas, thus Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating. You can find my full review Here.
Level 6
LOL points to bountyhunter on that one xD. He did explain it. And if you are not satisfied with his answer still, then just pretend that he said most bugs are removed and not "bug free". Sometimes you can't take it literal. And YES I KNOW U NEED VJASS LOL XD.

Question to bounty though, is JASS like C++ programming?

And thank you bounty on the rating system info!

Level 10
Please do read the posts and then assume I ignore you. I have explained myself and the two points off for the lag/bug problem. Instead of going hyper on me, rather spend some time learning JASS to help you decrease lag and loading time.

I don't think it's necessary to throw around blame, more along the lines of accepting the fact that we have all different thresholds physically with PC limits that challenge our biases and our own subjective biases. You have to consider that not everyone has the time to go through JASS, although it may sound as if my rationalization is an excuse, I beg to differ. Time is a real issue for me and from here to there I tried. I was not going hyper on you, just your perception of me being obtuse and out of line. It was just how you interpreted the tone of the speaker, which is me.

Level 6
I don't think he was being serious about learning JASS. He was just referring to it as a kind of "don't you have something better to do?" kinda thing.

And thanks bounty for the info^^. I might learn JASS in my later years. In CM 2 right now learning C++

As for the lag concerns, everyone should just drop it. We all know that the only solution to this is JASS which is like saying 43berries needs to learn how to walk on water =P. So just drop it and let's leave it at that. Epidemic is a great game :).

Level 18
I don't think it's necessary to throw around blame, more along the lines of accepting the fact that we have all different thresholds physically with PC limits that challenge our biases and our own subjective biases. You have to consider that not everyone has the time to go through JASS, although it may sound as if my rationalization is an excuse, I beg to differ. Time is a real issue for me and from here to there I tried. I was not going hyper on you, just your perception of me being obtuse and out of line. It was just how you interpreted the tone of the speaker, which is me.

Haha =) I wasn't saying it to you, but to your partner Darkenneko_003. Of course I am not ordering anyone go learn JASS!!! I was just saying to him instead wasting posts go do something that can help the map.

Level 10
Haha =) I wasn't saying it to you, but to your partner Darkenneko_003. Of course I am not ordering anyone go learn JASS!!! I was just saying to him instead wasting posts go do something that can help the map.

I do not think that the prejudgment of his integrity and his level of helpfulness just from the statement he did. His liability as an aid is surpassed helpfulness as if it was not for him, my map would still be in the drawing boards.

Level 18
I do not think that the prejudgment of his integrity and his level of helpfulness just from the statement he did. His liability as an aid is surpassed helpfulness as if it was not for him, my map would still be in the drawing boards.

I do not doubt his role in the creation of this map, I am just pointing out that he can do better things then say I ignore him that clearly wasn't the thing. However if he thinks my rating isn't fair, that is his problem, as I won't change it as I had my arguments for it. I will be glad to recheck the map when and if a update comes.

Level 8
Please do read the posts and then assume I ignore you. I have explained myself and the two points off for the lag/bug problem. Instead of going hyper on me, rather spend some time learning JASS to help you decrease lag and loading time.

Well, it seems I missed that huge reply to mine, my bad, -_- Sorry. xD
BUT still I will remain with what I said. As it says below.

Bug Free: 8 points
It was bug free but I took you some points off for the lag.

It was Bug Free, and Lag shouldn't be counted as a bug, So his bug section should be 10, you could make his lag section 0 for all I care, just make the areas right.

Also,
Your rating is Fair, I don't mind that at all, just take negatives away from where they belong, not another section where it doesn't. So once again my bad for missing the one post I Needed to read. -_-"

Also,
Still a 4 for terrain? You gave Spirit's Playground a 4, this surely atleast deserves one more point, even though it still could use some terrain work.

ANYWAYS,
Its okay, It works fine, Your score is good, I'll leave it at that, a Review is good none the less. Thank you very much for spending the time to do that, AND just so you know, If I Learned JASS, and made the map JASS, I Wouldn't even need Phil anymore, (43Berries), you should be telling him to learn JASS. xD

Level 10

It was Bug Free, and Lag shouldn't be counted as a bug, So his bug section should be 10, you could make his lag section 0 for all I care, just make the areas right.

Also,
Your rating is Fair, I don't mind that at all, just take negatives away from where they belong, not another section where it doesn't. So once again my bad for missing the one post I Needed to read. -_-"

Also,
Still a 4 for terrain? You gave Spirit's Playground a 4, this surely atleast deserves one more point, even though it still could use some terrain work.

ANYWAYS,
Its okay, It works fine, Your score is good, I'll leave it at that, a Review is good none the less. Thank you very much for spending the time to do that, AND just so you know, If I Learned JASS, and made the map JASS, I Wouldn't even need Phil anymore, (43Berries), you should be telling him to learn JASS. xD
Amen about bug free

Level 18

Also,

Also,

ANYWAYS,

I dunno about lag/bug you may be right, however as I said numeros times before lag can be the cause of bugs. Dunno I'l see what I'l do here.

I gave Spirit's Playground a 4 as the terrain isn't the most important thing in the map. It isn't the most important here but is is very important. It is used to create a better atmosphere. However it gets to repeatable and that was its problem. I will stay with a 4 here, but I will reconsider the bug lag part.

Level 10
Rate me map 5/5.
- Make sure your weapon is fully automatic (Press w)
- Make sure you're not alone, most of the time deaths are correlated with solos.
- Make sure you have sufficient grenades and explosives and use them AWAY from you.
- If no one took the NVG (Night Vision Goggles), then take them.
- If you're being chased, let someone ahead of you fire on them, and then when you reach them, they run and you shoot. (Suppressive fire)
- Remember to eat, drink, rest and most of all control your heat. Press N and then X to control your heat.

Level 1
So I've been playing this map for the last couple days with a friend of mine, and thought I'd make a couple comments. First off, it's quite a bit of fun -- it seems to have some great potential. However I ran across some bugs (inevitable of course), some of which I'm sure you're already aware of, and there are a few other things I feel could be improved (note could, not should).

The bugs:
-There are several mislabeled items -- for example gelufluxacillin does not heal as advertised, instead flucloxacillin does that. In addition after a little wikipedia searching I noticed that the name used on your HE grenade, is actually the name of a smoke grenade.
-Dizzy doesn't disappear until you open your exhaust ports.
-On a related note, sleeping doesn't end properly unless you set up an action; otherwise your guy wakes up and immediately falls asleep again.
-Twice now I've caught influenza, and cured it, but continued to lose HP until I caught it again and cured it again.
-Completely empty stacks of ammo remain, and can't combine with other stacks. This is minor but is a little annoying when one of the minis dies and I go to pick up his ammo, only to discover he didn't actually have any.

The potentials for improvement:
-Balance! Quite a few weapons appear to be drastically better than their counterparts. While I recognize the appeal of realism, I'm not sure how realistic the weapon differences are. Aside from which balance and fun should take precedence.
-This is nitpicking but the sniper is given an M14 as their weapon. The M14 is NOT a sniper rifle. I believe you may have meant M21?
-Weapon attachments have a bizarre balance. Why would I take a +30 damage, -50% fire rate attachment when I can just as easily have a straight +40 damage one?
-I would make a comment regarding the officer's useless abilities but I trust those will become useful once more NPCs are around. Instead, I'll wonder why anyone would take a rifleman when they can be an officer.
-Survivors currently freeze to death too quickly/easily. I would suggest either increase the drop rate for low-end building materials (wood namely) or make the fire last longer, or both. In addition reducing or eliminating heat loss during daytime could help, as could a fur coat type thing (a counter to the non-survivor's coolant pack). On a related note perhaps reduce suit overheating during nighttime?
-Also related, turrets go through available ammo far too quickly to be useful. Perhaps increase the max number of 30mm mags available in the ammo caches?

Alright now that you've slogged through that I thought I'd tack some extra, more specific praise onto the end of my post. First I love that there's such a wide variety of weapons -- even among roles. Medics aren't forced to all use the same weapon (though by looking at stats the G-36 seems to be blatantly better than the colt. But I already mentioned this). I also love the addition of the revive items, it makes the game significantly more playable in smaller (2-3 person) games. The focus on survival is also nice compared to other zombie maps I've played.

Level 9
Filesize is too big to be popular, or even hosted once. Well, I mean it can be popular...but not hosted, as no one will join the game, and so it won't be popular and so no one will have already downloaded it when joining.
P.S: The map is bad, people were lagging alot when I hosted it months ago.

Last edited:
Level 8
Filesize is too big to be popular, or even hosted once. Well, I mean it can be popular...but not hosted, as no one will join the game, and so it won't be popular and so no one will have already downloaded it when joining.
P.S: The map is bad, people were lagging alot when I hosted it months ago.

I'd like to call bull.
Or you got one of the many bad versions Phil posted up.
This map is actually quite demanding and don't blame the map for people with lower spec computers.
I Have tons of fun on this map, with multiple people in my clan. Sure its hard, but it hurts us because it loves us.

People are too used to maps to where they are gods and have almost no challenge.
Someone has to release a map for those people out there that actually crave having something to fight and know they might possibly lose, and something they actually have to work at to be good, rather than just know how to do it.

Also, I Disagree on the file size.
Diablo 3 v1.17 is 3.67 MB, Epidemic is 3.79 MB, a bit bigger, but the point is that the Diablo 3 map is VERY Popular, and I see it hosted quite a bit. Try again.

Anyways, good Day sir.
Hopefully 1.60 will reduce some file size with some of the things I plan to do to it.

Level 9
The point is...what the fuck? You went off into nothing!! "Diablo 3 v1.17 is 3.67 MB, Epidemic is 3.79 MB, a bit bigger, but the point is that the Diablo 3 map is VERY Popular, and I see it hosted quite a bit. Try again." -- uh, isn't the point is that THIS MAP is exposed to be popular? Also, I didn't say its hard. I downloaded the official version! I love hard teamwork games, such as The Plague 2. I don't see Diablo 3 hosted on U.S west...do the Asians play it?

Level 8
The point is...what the fuck? You went off into nothing!! "Diablo 3 v1.17 is 3.67 MB, Epidemic is 3.79 MB, a bit bigger, but the point is that the Diablo 3 map is VERY Popular, and I see it hosted quite a bit. Try again." -- uh, isn't the point is that THIS MAP is exposed to be popular? Also, I didn't say its hard. I downloaded the official version! I love hard teamwork games, such as The Plague 2. I don't see Diablo 3 hosted on U.S west...do the Asians play it?

Try U.S. East,
The version Phil, (43Berries) has up right now is riddled with bugs he has neglected.
1.60, should be more stable & the random kicking people should be over with.

Level 2
The game is ok so far from what I have experienced. It took a little while to understand. Like some people have mentioned, the learning curve is a little high because there aren't many instructions on playing the game. (It is hard to read what is in F9 when you are being chased by zombies.) Maybe an option for tutorials or tips to show? I did finally learn how to play it after playing a few single player games since no one else online wanted to rejoin the game. What is the goal of the game? Am I supposed to search the map until I run into this scientist that was mentioned in the story?

Level 1
Currently there is no point to the game except to survive.

Also thought I'd mention a somewhat glaring bug, if it hasn't been caught already (I'd be surprised if it hadn't): the game currently actually allows you to trade heat with other players. This can be used immediately after game start to kill another player by overheating, or it can be used to completely circumvent the heat issue by raising each other's heat to ABOVE 200, at which point you neither explode, nor generate/lose heat.

Level 8
Currently there is no point to the game except to survive.

Also thought I'd mention a somewhat glaring bug, if it hasn't been caught already (I'd be surprised if it hadn't): the game currently actually allows you to trade heat with other players. This can be used immediately after game start to kill another player by overheating, or it can be used to completely circumvent the heat issue by raising each other's heat to ABOVE 200, at which point you neither explode, nor generate/lose heat.

Ha ha ha ha!
That is funny. xD
Don't worry, Phil is... Slow, when it comes to fixing bugs, I'll go down the list of bugs,
and also make sure everything is fixed. Also, Ricardo, It was a few months ago, I see it a bit on east, but your right, its never hosted as much as some of those other games.

Eventually I'll go through and shrink the size of Epidemic a lot.
It really needs it. x_x

EDIT

ALSO Ischaldirh
I Know what page you found your information on.
But I'd like to direct you to this page.
http://www.pof.gov.pk/products/arges84_p2a1.htm

Stuff Copy & Pasted from that page if you don't want to look.

ARGES 84-P2A1 Antipersonnel

Activation is by safety lever operated by a pin with delay of 4 secs .
Specifications

Weight of grenade 480 gm
Body Plastic with steel balls
No. of steel balls 5,000 approx. dia 2-2.3 mm
Weight of explosive 95 gm. of plasticised P.E.T.N.
Effective range 20 meters radius
Length 115 mm.
Diameter 60 mm.

This still doesn't help my case.
I don't know where he got the name, as I'm just the bug fixer, but apparently its also an Anti-Personal grenade, He has it as a High-Explosive, so that is weird. I'll see what I can do. =]

ALSO!
The M14, is also still used as a Sniper Variant in the Army.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M14_rifle You didn't bother to look up this one.

And to answer your question.
I don't know why anyone would pick a Rifleman over an Officer.
BUT, The officers Abilities ARE NOT Useless. They depend on level. The NPC's ignore you until you get to a certain level or rank.
That is when they become your loyal slaves, or so I remember it is supposed to work like that.

Everything else you posted is actually fixed, or We lack the skill too fix. =/

I'm glad you enjoy the Game, maybe one day I can host and you can your friend can join in, I'm sure a Level 40 Fire support won't bug you eh? =]
Hes also 100% Legit, I get all my characters by actually playing, Phil on the other hand, <w< *Coughs* Cheater. *Cough* =]

Last edited:
Level 9
Damnit...I'm surrounded by American...Zombies. *BANG BANG BANG*!!! Also, stuff such as a class called Rifleman or Officer puts me to sleep, as I am interested in the mechanical classes and such in maps.
Darkeneko said:
Also, Ricardo, It was a few months ago, I see it a bit on east, but your right, its never hosted as much as some of those other games.
Glad to hear that the filesize is going smaller, as I am up for the hard zombie survival maps.

Level 8
Damnit...I'm surrounded by American...Zombies. *BANG BANG BANG*!!! Also, stuff such as a class called Rifleman or Officer puts me to sleep, as I am interested in the mechanical classes and such in maps.

Glad to hear that the filesize is going smaller, as I am up for the hard zombie survival maps.

You could always play the Civilian class.
He gets to create Barricades, and he can also create a mini-turret to protect himself. =P
Negative side is that he can't exactly protect himself. He also needs to create fires to warm himself.

Level 1
Darkenneko: You're right, I didn't read that wikipedia page very closely the first time around. That said, the straight M14 is still a battle rifle; even according to that page, it's a variant (M14 Designated Marksman Rifle) which is a "sniper" rifle.

Level 8
Darkenneko: You're right, I didn't read that wikipedia page very closely the first time around. That said, the straight M14 is still a battle rifle; even according to that page, it's a variant (M14 Designated Marksman Rifle) which is a "sniper" rifle.

=P
Don't worry I know.
What I plan to do is Rename it M14 Designated Marksman Rifle, and make it so they player
who picks that class also begins with a scope that gives 60 more damage so the Scope ability makes sense for it. =P

I've removed all slowing on the Scopes for now.
I Plan to add LITTLE bits of slowing, for the lower ends one 5%. for the mid ones 10% for the higher end ones 15%.

Also,
I'm getting rid of the M100A Fire Supports ability to have a scope.
Because you aren't going to put a scope on a Minigun. =P

Anyways,
If you have anymore nitpicking tell me right away!
I'll be redoing the Balancing because Phil (43Berries) Thinks its "Fine."
He has no idea what balance is. =P

Level 2
I found this map to be rather... dull. Reign of the Dead was alot more entertaining IMO. The map itself is rather barren, and there isn't much variety.

Level 8
I found this map to be rather... dull. Reign of the Dead was alot more entertaining IMO. The map itself is rather barren, and there isn't much variety.

Eh?
How so?
Epidemic is almost the same terrain, actually it is, just changed a little in places.
The middle is almost exactly the same as RoTD. Epidemic 1.60 will hopefully return Epidemic to a more fun to play state.

IF
Anyone has any suggestions, Shout them out! We want to hear them!

Level 2
You misunderstand what i mean by barren. I'm saying there is nothing of interest. RoTD had a cool enviornment, interesting varities of baddies, and it was overall more entertaining IMO. I find the lack of background to be a huge loss. And the terrain lost alot in the tile switch. Works better with snow. RoTD had the joy of breaking enemy encampments at the start, which this lacks =(

Level 8
You misunderstand what i mean by barren. I'm saying there is nothing of interest. RoTD had a cool enviornment, interesting varities of baddies, and it was overall more entertaining IMO. I find the lack of background to be a huge loss. And the terrain lost alot in the tile switch. Works better with snow. RoTD had the joy of breaking enemy encampments at the start, which this lacks =(

Well,
What do you mean by Background? The history is new and there was a switch to being a zombie survival.

There are more zombies than human now.
But Eventually, When the quests go on, There will be more Human enemies.
We just have to implement that. Come on, Tell me what more is needed, Hell if you ask nicely.
I can see if Phil will make it snow again. =P