• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Ending a trigger in progress when a unit dies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hate to make my first post a cry for help, but I just can't seem to figure this out. I have a map with a 'boss event' that culminates when the boss is confronted in a room, and every 9 seconds she summons one of 7 nearby allies to assist her. I have her allies invulnerable and passive to start, and my trigger changes their owner to hostile, and orders them to attack the player in order with a 9 second wait in between. It's possible to kill the boss before all seven are summoned, and so I want to make it so they will stop coming. But I just cant seem to figure out how to do this. If there is some way to terminate the trigger once the boss dies, a tip on how to do it would be greatly appreciated.

Level 1
i already have the trigger turned off the minute the unit enters the region that starts it, are you sure turning it off in the middle will stop them from coming?

Level 29
In your trigger add this (you are probably using If/Then/Else multiple actions, so add it in the If)

• If (((Your_Boss) is dead) Equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)

And by the way, does the BOSS summon them or the trigger does ? because if its the boss it IS supposed to stop when he dies and that means you have some problem in your code if he doesn't.

Level 1
Worked like a charm, thanks so much ghost wolf. And Vampireheart, the way i've been using 'Trigger - turn off' is to make it so once my unit enters a region to start a trigger, entering the region again or remaining in the region wont cause the actions to happen more than once. I use 'turn off' as my first action and it does exactly what I want it to do, so I assume i'm right about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.