• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

En Taro...no wait...Lok-tar! (lol) Long-time user, new member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, I am actually introducing myself because it beats working on a model several hours straight...anyway...Hello!

I am not new to 3D work, or map making although never made a finished map--though often artists never finish their paintings--but I am aiming to start something that is in fact rather large and possibly over my head in some aspects.

I already started a project before I even signed up, I am in fact that excited about my "idea" which is why I can't sleep right now at 3 A.M.

That's about it, just my long-but-mostly-drifted "hello"
If there's anything people need to know of me, 'awake' me.
(ah-ha ha ha, I made a funny! *sarcasm* -Family Guy)

OH! the little orc guy is wicked awesome! :fp: :thumbs_up: FTW

Level 2
*whew*

It's nice to know I'm not the only guy starting in on a project right now.

I'm trying to keep my morale up, now that this initial mania of inspiration has faded, and this is actually a nice boost.

I wish you well with your project.

Level 35
welcome2.jpg

Level 1
We can all at some point have large and or creative inspiration--that's never been diffcult. Don't you just wish you blinked your eyes in your head "I want -this-" and it materialize itself for you? Working with tools to do your work is the same as explaining directions to someone.

Be easier to do it yourself, yet you don't have a choice, that's my problem.
I am easily frustrated especially as I'm animating my refined Blizzard Model knowing completely what I want it to do and see it in my head clearly, but you're often forced into more "Geez damnit! Well, if it can't work like that, then how's it suppose to be managed? It should be as simple as it 'looks' for sanity sake!".

Keeping morale is rough, I am well sure though if I feel it's unecessary to tackle my 'plan' alone--I am also well sure that's the point of Hive Workshop.

I might elaborate my intended project soon, on here or elsewhere--as soon as administrators tell me where to post a "multi-content" project topic.

HeartStrung...Strong--has spoken!

Level 5
Hello and welcome...

And if it's some kind of Wc3 map that you are working on, try the Map Development section.

Level 7
OK, Let me introduce you to this AWESOME community...

Introduction!
Welcome to the Hive!
The Hive is a Warcraft III modding community. If you are totally new to the game or very skilled, you may either learn and get help or teach others: there is a place reserved here for you! The site also contains a vast resource section including most of the resources that anyone will ever need for a Warcraft project. You will find campaigns, icons, maps, models, skins, spells and tools. Extensive tutorials contain realms of information on how to create, improve and perfect your resources and maps. The Hive's forum allows everyone to talk about the game, modding, making resources and many other subjects.
What we have:
We have an awesome gallery of random and non-random models, icons, skins, and so forth. You can chat with other users by using the Chat button located to the top-left of your screen, or search through our forums, located to the top links of your screen. You'lll find useful information in there, or maybe the Lulz-iest things around the net. Anything can happen there!
*The Models section: In here, you can find almost any model you need for a project. Example you need some dinosaurs, you can find a lot of them in there.
*The Skins section: In here, you can find almost anything related to warcraft skinning. From Naga royal guard, to the Peasant, most skin-modifications are submitted here.
*The Icons section: In here, almost all models made by someone get a custom icon. Many abilities, units and building icons are located here.
Other cool things:
We of course make a lot of contest around the hive. You can access them all in the sub-forum Contest. You can even submit your own, and with a little luck, your one's gonna be used. You can show off your artistic skills in: drawing, making music and even write Prose and Poetry. In the end, everything's up to you what you want to do.
We have the so called Reputation. That's one of the best things around the hive. We always compete one against each-other for these glowing wonders. You can give reputation to whoever user you want. You just have to click the
reputation.gif
button.
Enjoy your stay as much as i do. Hope we can be friends :goblin_good_job:
hmm, an experienced map maker and modeler? Then you've come to the right place, friend. Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.