• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Emoticon contest #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
OK, let's discuss to see what emoticon contest we're gonna hold next.

Here are some I suggest:

-Starcraft 2 unit
-Original Warcraft Race

Almost a year has passed since the last one was held... So i suppose it's time for another one. Roll in your opinions guys, and if you are for the contest, roll in your theme suggestion (If you don't like the up 2 there).

Dow about Pony amoticons? :)D)

fluttershy_awesome_face_by_wakabalasha-d3dee3f.png

Meh, I often find themes like "warcraft" or "starcraft" at a lose for creativity in contests, it just seems so painfully obvious that it's not much of an effort to come up with an idea, what about a more general type "theme," like Anger or a specific emotion? In that way you'd also be able to explore the different ranges of said emotion instead of just doing a full spread of all emotions, like varying degrees of anger

Well it's not just emoticons, I've seen it in plenty of other contests too where entries in "Warcraft" or "Starcraft" type themes end up overall at a lack of creativity in the entries - I'm guessing it just doesn't force people to think creatively enough, it's something they're familiar with so they don't have to stretch their perception in any way to adapt - of course not everyone goes this route, it just seems there's a more abundant supply of uninspired entries when the theme is something so easy to picture, something so familiar.

But whatever I guess, if the site needs emoticons why not get a bunch of people to do them up

Status
Not open for further replies.