• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EmberCraft v1.2b

logo-small-png.317079

Hosted by
hivelogo-png.332846
Developed by
teamnoemblem-png.332848

(Dedicated forum & Credits)

shadebottomsmall-png.323204

About The Map
hr-line-2-png.323209

ss1-jpg.323200
EmberCraft is a total conversion isometric ARPG. It is heavily influenced by the infamous Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 as inspiration for the dark atmosphere but takes place in an entirely new world with custom plot and storyline. It features enjoyable monster massacre with challenging and amazing boss fights. It revolves around a cluster of powerful random content generation systems (for item stats, dungeon, shop, etc), to always deliver new experience on each go, and to provide incredible amount of item variations (6,000+ and counting).

rightindent-png.323202
shadetop-png.323193

Storyline
hr-line-2-png.323209

The world was once a peaceful place. That's until unidentified beasts began to invade and wreak havoc everywhere. They seemingly appear out of nowhere, as if they came from other reality. After years of calamity with no resolution, a mysterious figure came to us and offered a solution. He claimed to be able to facilitate teleportation across multiple realms. We then called him The Mercenary, for a reason. He avouched that the very same phenomenon is also occurring in other worlds simultaneously and asked for cooperation to resolve the nodus. He then told us everything, about the Netherflame and The False Goddess, the root of this chaos...
rightindent-png.323202
ss3-png.323246
Verraje, the false goddess, is a self-proclaimed deity who desires chaos and total destruction. To achieve her ambition, she created the Netherflame, undying dark flame, to disrupt the balance in nature by uncontrollably producing vicious monsters all across the multiverse, creating endless conflicts, with the ultimate goal to wipe out all kind of life form and send everything back to nothingness. After years of struggle, we finally found a way to reach the celestial palace and we started numerous clashes with the goddess. But many strong heroes have fallen under her otherworldly might...
But it was not all in vain. We noticed that the beasts stopped appearing when we were clashing against the goddess. We then speculate that the Netherflame, the once thought eternal and infinite, can be extinguished by defeating the goddess...
brazier-gif.323249
rightindent-png.323202
ss4-jpg.323254
Being aware of the struggle, the goddess started to gave birth to some of the most frightening beasts in existence from her own flesh and blood. They guard every gateway to the sacred palace. Since then, no one has ever managed to reach the palace. Those guardian beasts are frighteningly powerful. But we, yet again, speculate that for her to achieve such feat, it must have weakened her in some way. This can be our chance to defeat her and put an end to this centuries-long calamity.

We have lost many times and many lives. But we can not afford to give up after all the sacrifice of our ancestors and many great heroes. We need the bravest warriors like you to continue our struggle and keep fighting in the front line. Our fate, our world's fate, now lies in your hands, warrior.
* the story is still under development.
[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]

CHARACTER CLASSES

class-preview-knight-png.323227
WARRIOR •

A melee combatant. Wield a one-hander sword and a shield. They possess immense physical prowess and use brute force to defeat their enemies.
SUB-CLASSES

Close

Guardian

Royalty

Dark Knight

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
RANGER •

A ranged combatant, wield a bow to attack targets from long distance. They are a versed hunter and trickster.
SUB-CLASSES

Close

Huntress

Adventurer

Moon Strider

[td]
class-preview-archer-png.323225
[/td][td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
class-preview-gunner-png.323226
• ?

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
? •

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
class-preview-magus-png.323267
[/td][td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
class-preview-chandra-png.323266
• ?

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
shadetop-png.323193

MULTIPLAYER

Play co-op with your friends via LAN or Battle.Net. Declare battles with other players to determine the strongest! The map is balanced for playing in both single player and multi player mode. Keep in mind that save data from single player mode can't be loaded in multi player mode.
rightindent-png.323202

ss5-jpg.323271

ITEM & UPGRADE

The map not only harbors more than 6,000 different items, ranging from common items up to legendary ones! But also introduces item quality and gear collection system. Using gears from the same collection will reward remarkable bonuses. Not only that. You can also insert elemental gems into each gear, granting you some extra elemental prowess! It also supports a very unique gear upgrade system. It provides various upgrading materials for you to hunt, such as ores and gemstones (topaz, jade, crystal, and quartz). Not only significantly improves your strength, upgrading gears will also unlock awesome visual effects to make your character looks sharp! Read more detail about the socket and upgrade system here.
rightindent-png.323202

ss6-jpg.323378
shadetop-png.323193

PETS

Collect pets to aid you in combat. Some pets unlock special buffs/debuffs or even special skills. Pets are incredibly rare!
But will definitely worth the effort and what more? They are adorable!

pet-gif.323377

MEDIA

shadetop-png.323193

Thread Design by: Quilnez
Contents

EmberCraft v1.2b (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I can see this being improved over time and its quality raised. As it has many innovative systems implemented, Approved.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Attention!

EmberCraft has opened a Discord channel dedicated to the map and the project development!
We will regularly post some sneak-peek pics and even videos about to the current development process and amazing new stuffs added to the map! You can also give us feedback and share your experience and other things related to EmberCraft with other players as well!

Click this image below to proceed to our discord channel:

Join us now at

Thank you!

Not a map update, just a thread update.

I'm expecting the community to grow while I'm away attending some real life stuffs. I really can't wait to get back! We have big big update ahead! Still not sure if it will be a full version tho. But stay tuned! And see you at discord!

Last edited:
Level 2
Thank you!
Though it is usually a rule of thumb to change version number every time you upload it. Otherwise it will create problems for b.net users.

P.S.:
It would be cool to have stats description cuz I have no idea what they affect.
You could probably join mouse buttons in inventory.

Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
Thank you!
Though it is usually a rule of thumb to change version number every time you upload it. Otherwise it will create problems for b.net users.
I did not upload new map version in the last bump: the map hasn't been updated yet. I only added discord invitation to the main thread, along with some presentation improvements. Since there is no way to update the thread without bumping it to the first page.

P.S.:
It would be cool to have stats description cuz I have no idea what they affect.
You could probably join mouse buttons in inventory.
I will add it to my to-do list. Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean with "join mouse buttons in inventory" tho.

Oh.. and thanks for the rating!

Kazeon

Level 33
Hello.

I have just added this add-on (ENB) to enhance the graphic quality of the map even further. Since it works for any version, I decided to upload it right away. Installation guide can be found in the main post above.

enb3.png

enb4.png

Don't forget to join our discord channel to get a peek of the incoming updates!

Thank you and stay tuned!

Kazeon

Level 33
well was going to comment how awesome this map look but then i can't even use the single command
Single command? Single player command? The calibration command?

good now this map just killed my warcraft 3
Be more specific on what issue you are having. What patch version are you playing at?

Hmmm... Do you have the same problem as me?
(Error when pressing controls)
Again... for 1.29 and up (including 1.30) hold SHIFT instead of CTRL...

Kazeon

Level 33
Oof.. The 10.000 downloads mark has been passed! I missed that moment, it was roughest weeks of life and I just hit the bottom of the trench hard. But this is still a moment to remember and celebrate! Thank you for all the support! The map is still developing strong. Highly talented individuals have been gathered to improve this map way beyond its current state! Follow the map's development and join our discord channel. Links are available in my signature. Again, thank you!

Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
Alll ORPG maps should be like this.
Thanks for the rating! Yes, I hope this map can be one of many inspirations and also for quality measure for future RPG map makers. :)

This map itself is still developing, follow the development in our thread or discord channel (links available in my signature). Thanks again!

Kazeon

Level 33
Version 1.0 is out with following key updates:

• Now requires newest patch to play (1.30.4)
• New class: Ranger (Huntress, Adventurer, & Moon Strider)
• Simple pet system
• Skill mastery and mutation system (unlocks special improvement every 5 levels)
• Item upgrade system (up to level 12)
• Added new items: 6920 equipment, 20 elemental gems, and 32 upgrade materials

We've been working on this update for months. We hope you guys do enjoy!

Find the full update log here.

Level 24
"Powered by warcraft 3 reforged"
Haha thats such a lie, but i'll let it pass.
The dog could have been cut from the trailer i think, since a low-poly dog doesn't mesh well with the rest being high quality models.

I'm not really the rpg kinda guy, but overall the execution with the looks and presentation looks good so i might try it.

Level 6
Right-clicking an item in my inventory would pop up a textbox,showing details of what I'd like to know.Although it's a cool function,I'm a little bit upset with the way closing it.I always forgot to right-click the item again before closing my inventory interface,leaving textbox stuck at the center of my screen.It also happened when I was checking my spells:

fb_01.jpg

fb_02.jpg

The difficulty of this map is way too hard for newbies like me. First dungeon is OK because I was levelling up rapidly to lv5 while the enemies stay at lv1.However,the second dungeon...well...since ranged-attack enemies were too OP,I usually ended up like this:

fb_03.jpg

No healing potions(which are expensive),no healing orbs or fountains.Regeneration of my HP and MP are extremely low considering my current level.Besides,the blue portal was too far to reach.My only choice was marching into the monsters and let them kill me.

Level 9
We tested it on B-net as 2 players and want to give you some feedback:

C didnt work to bring up the char menu all other hotkeys worked
Camera options smooth (2 on default) felt pretty laggy and kinda like hard cam ports to the char while 3 or 4 dropped the framerate from 60 to below 10 as soon as we started moving
I got poisoned during a fight and the poison enver weared off also ticked super fast i went from 500hp to 0 in about 4 seconds and after revive i still kept dying
Melee combat feels a little wierd as left klicking doesnt move your character to the enemy so u miss attacks - maybe include some "walk to target" there?
The longer we played the more issues we had with frame drops and laggs, seems like there might be some* leaks?

besides these issues we were blasted by the look of the map, the models look awesome and the terrain is marvelous!
the whole concept is great, random dungeons, tons of skills (can u maybe unlearn them somehow?) the clickable interface is stunning and nothing you expect from wc3, same with the health and mana globe, just amazing!
i'd love to see a more performance optimized version and try it again :D
if you have the time i'd like to ask you how u did 1 or 2 things in your map, if you r okay with telling me a few things i'd prefer pn's for that please let me know

Kazeon

Level 33
We are currently balancing out the game's difficulty. For performance improvement we will wait for patch 1.31 to go live.

@nuck001, you can close windows by pressing ESC, including the tooltips (the information box).

Give rating where it's due guys and thanks for the feedback!

E:
Credits list will come later (we use a lot of external sources so it will take a while)... sorry = )

Level 6
We are currently balancing out the game's difficulty. For performance improvement we will wait for patch 1.31 to go live.

@nuck001, you can close windows by pressing ESC, including the tooltips (the information box).

Give rating where it's due guys and thanks for the feedback!
Thanks for the tips,but with all due respect,it's too early to rate Embercraft v1.0 which is some kind of a prototype without stories and lack of gameplay as well.

The UI and custom attributes are impressive,reminding me of the happy days enjoying masterpieces of dungeon-crawl maps such as TKoK and Sunken City. What makes Embercraft unique and promising is your randomly-generated-dungeon system.It seems that you are determined to surpass the achievements of Hive's old guys,raising standards of rpg map to new heights.In that case,keep it up,I'm looking forward to witnessing the born of a new star who could probably rock the world when Wc3:Reforged released.

However,this version(v1.0) is far from perfect.There are things here and there needed to be improved:
- A reset/testing system is recommended.New players would never refuse to test all spells at the beginning,trying to find out their favorite builds.I mean,since you've designed tons of cool spells,why keep players waiting until they reach lv30?
- The percentage of ranged-enemy needs to be adjusted lower.For they're too OP especially when they shoot together,making an ARPG into a dodgeball game.
- After a player reaches lv5,battles are getting harder and harder.I'm glad you are balancing the diffculties.
- It's inconvenient to add gems onto sockets of gears.We have to detach our gears to inventory first.
- An attractive storyline,at least a main quest,is needed.Make NPCs vivid by scripting dialogues.
- Award players bonus Exp or something else when they complete a dungeon.
- Add soundtracks and voices,at least some screaming:"Ah","Ouch","Take this",etc.
- It would be great if you make some trigger to warn players of their low HPs.
- I don't understand why a green gear showed "Quality:Low" while a white gear showed "Quality:Normal".

fb_04.jpg

fb_05.jpg

- The gameplay wasn't smoothy enough.Sometimes I lost control of my character,couldn't move to what I wanted to or attack what I wanted to attack.Creeps were too scattered,wasting my mana to overkill them.

In my opinion,the biggest problem of your map is lacking sense of rhythm.It's hard to describe since English is not my native language.The number of enemies,the distance between two creeps,the efficiency of MPs...all seemed weird.I'm afraid it's not a typical ARPG which could lure players try again and again.Hopefully it will be better several months later.

Oh,by the way,there was a rhythm master of ARPG in Hiveworkshop although he has been AFK for a long time.Try out his Diablo series if you are interested in.

Kazeon

Level 33
By version 1.0 it means we are merely done with the core systems, as you can see it has little to nonexistence balance. It's highly appreciated but, no offense, most of your suggestions are just repeating what's already in the "to-do-list", we are already on it! And if you understand my intention, then maybe you can already guess the stuff I'm about to add to this map, we are just starting up =)

- I don't understand why a green gear showed "Quality:Low" while a white gear showed "Quality:Normal".
Item rarity and quality are two different things. The border color is the item's rarity (common - legendary). And quality stands on it's own, it affects basic props and the result of upgrade processes.

Level 6
we are just starting up =)

Item rarity and quality are two different things. The border color is the item's rarity (common - legendary). And quality stands on it's own, it affects basic props and the result of upgrade processes.
Thanks for your explanation.:)

Kazeon

Level 33
We were about to release a small update that includes a lot of balancing. But then 1.31 goes live. Looks like we will delay the next update until 1.31 becomes stable enough. The next version will partially harness the power of the new UI natives (a.k.a true fullscreen, no black bars).

We are sorry for the inconvenience, the map must stay imbalanced for a bit longer. =)

Stay tuned!

Level 8
By version 1.0 it means we are merely done with the core systems.
1.0 typically means that the product is complete, and that all versions following are updates and expansions.

That being said, this looks amazing, wanna give it a whirl when I have the time.

Kazeon

Level 33
Updated to version 1.1 with following key changes:

• Now requires patch version 1.31.1+ to play.
  • Added new properties for unit and item:
    • HP Steal
    • MP Steal
    • Damage reflect: reduces damage and reflect it back at the attacker
  • Added Soul Harvest system. With variation of red and blue harvest. It's randomly spawned when you slay a monster. Red soul restores HP and blue soul restores MP. The restoration will be shared fairly to every player around the soul.
  • Balanced monster strength. The map should be much less difficult now.
  • Plenty of performance improvements.

Complete change log:
- Fixed upgrade items not removed when item is destroyed
- Fixed stuck at loading when returning from dungeon (experimental)
- Fixed socket and upgrade instances not removed when item is destroyed
- Fixed socket item got accidentally destroyed
- Fixed debuff from elemental effects never gets removed
- Fixed Poison Coating infinite DPS duration
- Fixed healthbar not visible in the crypt dungeon
- Fixed item pickup bug when in attack motion, stunned, and channeling
- Fixed shop items accidentally removed on dungeon cleanup
- Fixed ore object not destroyed on gear downgrade
- Fixed item exploit when upgrading
- Fixed socketing bug on item pick/sell/drop
- Fixed smelted ore object not removed on upgrade
- Added Soul Harvest system
- Added new item & combatant stats: hp & mp steal, damage reflect
- Balanced monster stats
- Doubled item pickup range
- Improved performance by recycling dummy units
- Reduced overhead caused by Soulbound & Vampiric Groan skills
- Now most monsters have mana point
- Critical optimization on exp sharing
- Shared exp amount is now calculated independently for each player
- Improved minimap legend system
- Temporarily removed minimap border

Last edited:
Level 6
- Custom UI bar wobbled slightly when I was strolling around the town.It kept annoying me until I entered a dungeon.I haven't seen this before,perhaps it's another bug caused by patch 1.31.

fb_06.jpg

- My pet was hit by some creeps,stuck on the edge of wall.It could still move,but never returned to the ground.

fb_07.jpg

- Is it possible to rotate the camera by 45 degrees?Some ranged-enemies could attack me out of the screen,reminding me of the real reason why ARPGs always prefer 45-degree-camera.

fb_08.jpg

Anyway,thanks for updating this map.It must be difficult to struggle with tons of bugs caused by 1.31.

Kazeon

Level 33
- Custom UI bar wobbled slightly when I was strolling around the town.It kept annoying me until I entered a dungeon.I haven't seen this before,perhaps it's another bug caused by patch 1.31.
Try going to video setting > turn on VSync

Other reports are well noted, thanks!

Wait, how to play this? after loading, it just staying there showing me the house without any text or info. I've try to calibrate, turn the particle and nothing happens.
Please, attach the screenshot...

Kazeon

Level 33
Oh sorry, there.
And i think i found the problem. The menubar is somehow hidden behind the black image or isn't showing at all. I randomly clicked it.
One again, is turn the particle on/off and calibrating part is after i made a character or what? i didn't check it, sorry.
View attachment 325674 View attachment 325675 View attachment 325676
Looks like a resolution issue, what resolution are you using?

This map is getting better and better. Good Luck for the future. :)
Thank you sir =)

Level 5
Looks like a resolution issue, what resolution are you using?
1360x768 @ 60, this is the highest resolution i have.

EDIT : Somehow, the menubar is showing when i try to play it again last night. But still, it might be disappeared again in the future.

EDIT 2 : And i want to report another bug i found. Sometimes, when i died and choose to respawn in place, i lost control of my character. I can't move and number keys did nothing, the only one thing i can do is left-click, which is attacking. I tried to re-calibrate and doesn't work.

EDIT 3 : One more, order like Attack, Stop, Hold etc is doesn't work while i put in on the number keys. Dunno about the others.

Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
EDIT 2 : And i want to report another bug i found. Sometimes, when i died and choose to respawn in place, i lost control of my character. I can't move and number keys did nothing, the only one thing i can do is left-click, which is attacking. I tried to re-calibrate and doesn't work.
Left-click or Esc should re-select the control unit. Try it if the bug ever occurs again.

One more, order like Attack, Stop, Hold etc is doesn't work while i put in on the number keys. Dunno about the others.
Those orders are for pets only, right-click the icon for information. : )

the ui extends past the screen on 4k (3240x2160)
Thanks for the report. It only supports 16:9 resolutions at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

RedLord

R

RedLord

@Quilnez Is this suppose to be challenging? I don't know if there's any tutorial to begin with, at first I don't know what to do. So I roamed the village looking for answer. After a long run you need to buy keys? ( I forgot ) to enter within a particular dungeon/place.

But hey this one is very heavy looking map and very confusing for some beginners. I hope there is tutorial video or gameplay.