• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EmberCraft v1.2b

logo-small-png.317079

Hosted by
hivelogo-png.332846
Developed by
teamnoemblem-png.332848

(Dedicated forum & Credits)

shadebottomsmall-png.323204

About The Map
hr-line-2-png.323209

ss1-jpg.323200
EmberCraft is a total conversion isometric ARPG. It is heavily influenced by the infamous Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 as inspiration for the dark atmosphere but takes place in an entirely new world with custom plot and storyline. It features enjoyable monster massacre with challenging and amazing boss fights. It revolves around a cluster of powerful random content generation systems (for item stats, dungeon, shop, etc), to always deliver new experience on each go, and to provide incredible amount of item variations (6,000+ and counting).

rightindent-png.323202
shadetop-png.323193

Storyline
hr-line-2-png.323209

The world was once a peaceful place. That's until unidentified beasts began to invade and wreak havoc everywhere. They seemingly appear out of nowhere, as if they came from other reality. After years of calamity with no resolution, a mysterious figure came to us and offered a solution. He claimed to be able to facilitate teleportation across multiple realms. We then called him The Mercenary, for a reason. He avouched that the very same phenomenon is also occurring in other worlds simultaneously and asked for cooperation to resolve the nodus. He then told us everything, about the Netherflame and The False Goddess, the root of this chaos...
rightindent-png.323202
ss3-png.323246
Verraje, the false goddess, is a self-proclaimed deity who desires chaos and total destruction. To achieve her ambition, she created the Netherflame, undying dark flame, to disrupt the balance in nature by uncontrollably producing vicious monsters all across the multiverse, creating endless conflicts, with the ultimate goal to wipe out all kind of life form and send everything back to nothingness. After years of struggle, we finally found a way to reach the celestial palace and we started numerous clashes with the goddess. But many strong heroes have fallen under her otherworldly might...
But it was not all in vain. We noticed that the beasts stopped appearing when we were clashing against the goddess. We then speculate that the Netherflame, the once thought eternal and infinite, can be extinguished by defeating the goddess...
brazier-gif.323249
rightindent-png.323202
ss4-jpg.323254
Being aware of the struggle, the goddess started to gave birth to some of the most frightening beasts in existence from her own flesh and blood. They guard every gateway to the sacred palace. Since then, no one has ever managed to reach the palace. Those guardian beasts are frighteningly powerful. But we, yet again, speculate that for her to achieve such feat, it must have weakened her in some way. This can be our chance to defeat her and put an end to this centuries-long calamity.

We have lost many times and many lives. But we can not afford to give up after all the sacrifice of our ancestors and many great heroes. We need the bravest warriors like you to continue our struggle and keep fighting in the front line. Our fate, our world's fate, now lies in your hands, warrior.
* the story is still under development.
[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]

CHARACTER CLASSES

class-preview-knight-png.323227
WARRIOR •

A melee combatant. Wield a one-hander sword and a shield. They possess immense physical prowess and use brute force to defeat their enemies.
SUB-CLASSES

Close

Guardian

Royalty

Dark Knight

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
RANGER •

A ranged combatant, wield a bow to attack targets from long distance. They are a versed hunter and trickster.
SUB-CLASSES

Close

Huntress

Adventurer

Moon Strider

[td]
class-preview-archer-png.323225
[/td][td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
class-preview-gunner-png.323226
• ?

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
? •

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
class-preview-magus-png.323267
[/td][td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
class-preview-chandra-png.323266
• ?

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
shadetop-png.323193

MULTIPLAYER

Play co-op with your friends via LAN or Battle.Net. Declare battles with other players to determine the strongest! The map is balanced for playing in both single player and multi player mode. Keep in mind that save data from single player mode can't be loaded in multi player mode.
rightindent-png.323202

ss5-jpg.323271

ITEM & UPGRADE

The map not only harbors more than 6,000 different items, ranging from common items up to legendary ones! But also introduces item quality and gear collection system. Using gears from the same collection will reward remarkable bonuses. Not only that. You can also insert elemental gems into each gear, granting you some extra elemental prowess! It also supports a very unique gear upgrade system. It provides various upgrading materials for you to hunt, such as ores and gemstones (topaz, jade, crystal, and quartz). Not only significantly improves your strength, upgrading gears will also unlock awesome visual effects to make your character looks sharp! Read more detail about the socket and upgrade system here.
rightindent-png.323202

ss6-jpg.323378
shadetop-png.323193

PETS

Collect pets to aid you in combat. Some pets unlock special buffs/debuffs or even special skills. Pets are incredibly rare!
But will definitely worth the effort and what more? They are adorable!

pet-gif.323377

MEDIA

shadetop-png.323193

Thread Design by: Quilnez
Contents

EmberCraft v1.2b (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I can see this being improved over time and its quality raised. As it has many innovative systems implemented, Approved.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
I will just release this update and take a supposedly very long rest from wc3 modding. I'm so tired...

Update v0.5.1534
- Improved calibration messages
- Added to instruction: icon clicking issue, dungeon system, key calibration, sold item reclaim (when reset), save/load (when auto save), -smooth/-particle command, level & exp system
- Added red target indicator when creep turns hostile & green for allies
- Update shortcut bar charge on item stacking
- Added monster behavior (AI)
- Ready status canceled if move beyond certain range
- Mini-healthbar nametag only displayed one for each type & player
- Knight attack range +10
- Fixed multiple dialog display bug
- If save disabled always display message for save command
- Fixed arcane statistic window bug on multiplayer mode
- Create tooltips only for playing player
- Streamlined skill data
- Improved combat system disabling (silence/disable/immobile)
- Revamped combat system

- Fixed shortcut bar cooldown exploit
- Add shortcut and inspect functionality for inventory & equipment UI
- Inventory, shop, & char window double click => use/buy/detach
- Swap consumeable => stack
- Passively increase hp n mp when level up
- Fixed item socket data gold bug
- Fixed detaching bug when inventory is full
- Knight defaulty have negative evasion
- Locked game speed at fast
- Evasion is now taken into effect
- Reduced monster critical chance growth
- Added rarity icon border (inventory, shop, & equipment)
- Enumerate players when portal is opened
- Check player distance from portal when departing
- Player death => cancel departure
- Level affects all monster strength exponentially
- Exp gain factors in level difference
- Added command to display dungeon stats modifier
- Reformulated exp growth
- Level up recovers hp & mp
- Properly disabled control before calibration
- Auto save on: item drop/sell, level up, revive
- Added restricted save data version
- Distinct start position & create position
- Added element effect to missile
- Remade village
- Gem attachment effect

- Added combatant missile size
- Helmet adds stun resistance
- Fixed passive skill max level requirement (become 0)
- Fixed endless dungeon generation on high level
- Added sound effects: buy, sell, equip, drop, right click, socket, open gate,
- Auto save on: item refining/socket/enhancement, skill learn, change area, add attribute
- Create backup on replaced save data
- Player leave adjustment
- Monster health adjustment based on player count
- Spawned kobold level is properly adjusted
- Monster level adjustment based on lowest player level
- Add single key press verification after calibration
- Improved merchant management
- Merchant now temporarily saves sold item list
- Increased attribute window text size
- Deselect class selector when loading
- Fixed item cooldown bug when depleted
- Improved key number calibration
- Added save/load system
- Improved level up handling

- Revive restores MP
- Display monster healthbar on hit
- Improved status bar animation precision
- Added shortcut skill selection UI

- Item now has attack range bonus
- New weapon damage format for tooltips
- Hp & mp amount is now displayed on status bar
- New shortcut & status bar display

It's not working for 1.28 yet. Turns out there are some other things need fixing. I can't settle it until I get 1.28 my self.

Last edited:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Very cool. Feels like playing World of Warcraft into the W3 engine. The terrain is good, interface great, gameplay good. 5/5 :)

Been following your systems for a while, this culmination of your efforts is truly amazing. How'd you get the left click movement so flawless? It can't be trackables can it. Can't wait to be able to play this on 1.28!

Questions:
Does multiplayer work if everyone is on 1.27b?
Is Ranger class incomplete, hence why she has no skills?

Concerns:
The screen flashes black and white repeatedly when your character is near the dungeon entrance.
Map seems to lag after a while.

Suggestions:
The dungeons really need a minimap or something; the uniform terrain makes it extremely hard to navigate.
Some descriptions for the dungeon scrolls are needed, but I assume you know that.

Kazeon

Level 33
Thanks guys :)

How'd you get the left click movement so flawless? It can't be trackables can it.
It's using trackable yes.

Can't wait to be able to play this on 1.28!
Me too! They said sync time has been dramatically reduced so this map could be more enjoyable in 1.28!
What I'm afraid is that I wouldn't be able to make it work for both 1.28 and lower versions since a lot if things seem to work differently in 1.28, including trackable.

Does multiplayer work if everyone is on 1.27b?
This version still has desync issue. It's been fixed and will be included in the next update. But yeah, all having the same patch version is preferred.

Is Ranger class incomplete, hence why she has no skills?
Yes, it is incomplete. I haven't finished designing the archer class yet.

The screen flashes black and white repeatedly when your character is near the dungeon entrance.
The gate is a walkable destructible. It will cause lag if there are a lot of units moving above it at the same time. The custom UIs are basically bunch of units so...

Map seems to lag after a while.
How long have you been playing?
Nevertheless, I will check into it and test the map on lower spec PC. I thought all leaks have been fixed in previous updates.

The dungeons really need a minimap or something; the uniform terrain makes it extremely hard to navigate.
Sure. It's already in my to-do list.

Some descriptions for the dungeon scrolls are needed, but I assume you know that.
What kind of description? How the dungeon looks like or something?

Thanks for your feedback!

Kazeon

Level 33
I'm calling it...
I have to work on other game project so this one's gonna be in dormant from now on.

Last version uploaded with these major changes:
1. Added minimap feature!
minimap.jpg

This little big minimap system will help you a lot in exploring the dungeon. It will emulate your vision so that you know which area is not explored yet. It also provides legends to locate your position, allies, and red/blue portal (later for treasures too) with 100% precision, YES 100%! (what? I invested a lot of time just for this so it should be mentioned).

2. The map is now completely desync free!
You can now play this map in multiplayer. I'm still not sure how well it performs tho, especially with this new minimap system (it's quite heavy).
I messed something up with minimap resetting which now results in desync, I will upload small update tomorrow.

3. The map's performance has been doubled in speed!
To be specific, the custom UI refreshing has been doubled in term of efficiency. Lags when walking on portal has been reduced. I have tested it in my low spec PC and it can run at ~50 FPS, 60 when idle. I also added -smooth and -particle command to improve the game performance even more, check out the Read Me for more info.

Since the item database has been completely reconstructed, older save data version will be restricted from now on thus you can't use it anymore, no big deal right? I also added some system-generated items, maybe it's a bit imbalanced so just ignore it.

I'm happy to release this update, but also pretty sad since it's probably the last update it will have this year, or ever. However, I'd still like to hear some feedback about the map's performance in your PC. Has it been improved? How does it perform when played in multiplayer mode?
Looking forward for some of those :)

Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
Okay that's it, the last update.

v0.6.789
- Fixed desync when refreshing minimap
- Rarity border is now hidden properly when auto detaching equip (by insufficient att pts)
- Fixed bug where weapons are not re-evaluated when modifying attribute points
- Fix creep permanently disappearing nametag
- Fixed uncovered click detection area bug
- Balanced strength and wisdom attribute bonus
- Archer re-added to class selection
- Increased archer base missile speed

Kazeon

Level 33

Kazeon

Level 33
I know what are you saying but after "calibration done" message appeared any number key that I press doesn't give any result.
Hm.. That's weird. I have tested this map on patch 1.26, 1.27, and 1.27b and all seems to work just fine.

Pardon me, just to make sure, you kept holding/pressing-down the CTRL key after entering the "-c" command and only released it after the "done message" appeared, right?

I also had such issue on my older laptop but a system restart fixed it. But that's just a problem with my old laptop I suppose.

Level 19
The weird thing is I attempted it again but now it worked. Idk why I got errors in the first place.

Edit: after going through the calibration. the number keys aren't working again ;-;

Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
So, while I'm backing up my project (which takes forever) I tried to play my map again and then I thought that to leave this project die just like that will be such an incredible waste. So I have been thinking to have someone trustworthy who's pretty much experted vJass to be a co-leader of this project. I can't pay you tho, so yeah, I'm basically just wasting time by posting this, still better than doing nothing..

But anyway, if someone happens to be interested and qualifies, just let me know. You will be granted full access to the project files including all assets and basically you are free to do anything to the project, other than to share it everywhere of course. Your name will then be written as co-author of course ;)

What's left to do is pretty much adding contents to the game. Things like monsters, bosses, weapons, equipments, other items, and perhaps some dungeon variation. My codes happen to be quite well organized and structured, creating new items and item sets and modifying properties won't be any harder than modifying items through OE. Creating monsters too wont be hard at all since you are just playing around some variables. So, maybe you don't need to be a real expert after all.

Kazeon

Level 33
Updated. According to MemoryHack's last update, this map is now expected to work in any patch version, including incoming ones. I just added item level randomization, and have been working on item rarity randomization. If and when those two are finished, this game will probably have immeasurable variation of items. Double Crash also has returned in fashion as experimental skill on the new reconstructed combat system, now with properly calculated damage factor regardless of player's basic damage range.

Save data from prev versions are now restricted due to some reconstruction in the save/load system.

Check out the near-complete changelog in the main post.

Last edited:
Level 1
I can confirm that the map is indeed working with the latest warcraft version.

PS. By the way, awesome map you've got there. I'm glad i finally got to play it.

There seems to be an issue with the death blow skill. I press the button, mana's gone, but nothing happens, no matter how many times i run the calibration. I assigned it to every hotkey possible, and all of them have the same behavior.

I can't tell if this is an issue with the calibration or the skill itself - sadly i don't have the time to unlock a different skill and check it.

Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
I can confirm that the map is indeed working with the latest warcraft version.

PS. By the way, awesome map you've got there. I'm glad i finally got to play it.

There seems to be an issue with the death blow skill. I press the button, mana's gone, but nothing happens, no matter how many times i run the calibration. I assigned it to every hotkey possible, and all of them have the same behavior.

I can't tell if this is an issue with the calibration or the skill itself - sadly i don't have the time to unlock a different skill and check it.
Hehe thanks for confirming ;] Great to hear that! Does the save/load system work?

Sorry for that. Atm the only skill that works is double crash. Sorry that I failed to mention it in the map.
I've started to work on skills btw. I will upload some footage of the skills soon. :)
I will make sure every active skill will be OVERKILL >:]

Kazeon

Level 33
only weapons dropped for me after a certain level. no any armor dropped
Yes, currently there are only armors for level up to ~16. EDIT: For weapons we have for up to level 50 already. Armors take much longer to create because there are plenty of pieces to make (head, chest, shoulder, legs, etc etc)

By the way... First skill footage! Double Crash!

Let me think what you know!

Last edited:
Level 1
Yes, currently there are only armors for level up to ~16. EDIT: For weapons we have for up to level 50 already. Armors take much longer to create because there are plenty of pieces to make (head, chest, shoulder, legs, etc etc)

By the way... First skill footage! Double Crash!

Let me think what you know!

Aside from the nice skill you showcased above there, I wasn't really sure if I should mention the save/load system when you mentioned it's disabled from earlier versions, but now that you asked...

Whenever I tried to use it, I was told it's disabled for me because of local files or something. So I went to check what that is, went to the registry editor, created what was asked of me, tried it again and it didn't work even after rehosting.

Also, compared to the knight, the archer still has no description and it genuinely feels like its baiting me to pick her and then who knows what would happen.

Apart from all that you've made a pretty fun map, but I'm not sure why I have the grandeur alpha swords.

Kazeon

Level 33
Whenever I tried to use it, I was told it's disabled for me because of local files or something. So I went to check what that is, went to the registry editor, created what was asked of me, tried it again and it didn't work even after rehosting.
What patch version are you using? 1.28? Because I'm still not sure if the save/load system works for newer patch versions.

Also, compared to the knight, the archer still has no description and it genuinely feels like its baiting me to pick her and then who knows what would happen.
Well, you can say that Archer is an experimental addition to demonstrate that the skill system can support multiple classes for multiple players. Sorry for the bait, that's not the intention tho ;p

Apart from all that you've made a pretty fun map, but I'm not sure why I have the grandeur alpha swords.
It's a reward/giveaway to everyone who tested the map during alpha stage, the map's current stage. It will always be valid for any further versions. But the giveaway will be stopped once the map has been fully released.

EDIT:
Wow! It just hit exactly the 3000th downloads! Thank you everyone for kindly testing the map in its early-access version!

Last edited:
Level 1
What patch version are you using? 1.28? Because I'm still not sure if the save/load system works for newer patch versions.

Well, you can say that Archer is an experimental addition to demonstrate that the skill system can support multiple classes for multiple players. Sorry for the bait, that's not the intention tho ;p

It's a reward/giveaway to everyone who tested the map during alpha stage, the map's current stage. It will always be valid for any further versions. But the giveaway will be stopped once the map has been fully released.

EDIT:
Wow! It just hit exactly the 3000th downloads! Thank you everyone for kindly testing the map in its early-access version!

Yeah, right now I'm using 1.28 (1.28.5.7680 fully). Could be that.

Level 1
The save/load system is sadly broken, even with local files enabled.

I used 1.28.5.7680 version of the game.

Kazeon

Level 33
I see, that's supposed to happen since the save location in patch 1.28 is different. I will try to fix it. Thanks for the report!

Btw here is the second skill footage! Death Blow!

It's not as overkill and fun-to-cast as the other one tho. But it's for the Guardian class, which is a TANKER.
I forgot to disable the music when recording so it's kind of messed up. Sorry.

Yes I tried it myself, but the save/load requires local files enabled which is not supported in latest patch. Also there seems to be a lag issue when walking around near portals. The screen will flicker rapidly (probably need an epilepsy warning), all ui elements disappear and lags for a long time.

In multiplayer there is a pretty big delay on moving; attacking is not as bad but moving felt like a real chore due to the delay, and dodging projectiles is pretty impossible.

An explanation of what each attribute does would also be nice.

Fun-wise the floors are way too big, we spent 20 minutes on a floor and when we got to the next and realized it was more of the same we got pretty discouraged and stopped playing. Also when I died near the exit it took me 5 minutes of just walking to the exit again.

Item drop rates seemed pretty high too, we just kept getting the same few items over and over (which we couldn't even use cause the level requirements were all 5+)

Some variation in the tiles would be nice, right now the terrain is very monotone, I felt like we were walking in an endless sea of gray. Maybe add more randomized doodads.

Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
In multiplayer there is a pretty big delay on moving; attacking is not as bad but moving felt like a real chore due to the delay, and dodging projectiles is pretty impossible.
It's due to synchronization. But they said the latency has been reduced in the latest patch. If that's true then maybe the delay will be much more acceptable.

I will consider your suggestions. Thanks!

Kazeon

Level 33
Currently this map isn't playable at all in terms of in-game, way too slow to do anything. Try considering hotkey movement or basic mouse gameplay, not everyone has a bot for 30 or below latency. Though this might be a neat single player game.
There's a way to remove the sync time. It will be up in the next update. If it doesn't work well, I will consider to use native wc3 control only in multiplayer mode.

Level 2
It's already playable on 1.28, just without save/load system yet.

I'd relly like to try this, but for me, that pretty much translates to its not playable. And your map wont be popular if its not playable on bnet (or eurobattle). Finding people who is willing to get a downgraded version and use a third-party software just to play a map wont really happen.

Kazeon

Level 33
I'd relly like to try this, but for me, that pretty much translates to its not playable. And your map wont be popular if its not playable on bnet (or eurobattle). Finding people who is willing to get a downgraded version and use a third-party software just to play a map wont really happen.
Nah, chillax pls. The s/l system will be working for 1.28 in upcoming updates. And it won't need any third party program or whatsoever. And thanks for the concern but I rlly don't care about its popularity. ;]

Level 2
Nah, chillax pls. The s/l system will be working for 1.28 in upcoming updates. And it won't need any third party program or whatsoever. And thanks for the concern but I rlly don't care about its popularity. ;]

Sorry, I did not mean to be rude. Good to hear you are working hard on it, can't wait to try this :)

Level 1
Hey Dave game doesn't crash for me anymore ,but there is another problem.I can't seem to start playing.It starts calibrating and looks like i get stucked at this phase. Contact me on gameranger: AllkindNecro - 5148354

Level 1
I know it is really weird but it didin't worked on 1.26 not even save slot tab popped out. On another hand it was just fine on 1.27 version.
Also i checked that its not possible to teleport to home mid dungeon,that actualy makes game harder but oh well i got that op sword ^.^

Kazeon

Level 33
I know it is really weird but it didin't worked on 1.26 not even save slot tab popped out. On another hand it was just fine on 1.27 version.
Also i checked that its not possible to teleport to home mid dungeon,that actualy makes game harder but oh well i got that op sword ^.^
The save/load system doesn't work for 1.26 atm and return to base feature hasn't been implemented yet (it will, later) indeed. It feels hard because the dungeon is currently "too big". The size has been dramatically reduced for the next update.

Thanks for the input, my friend!

Kazeon

Level 33
(Almost forgot to make announcement here)

Updated! The save/load system is now expected to work on all patch versions. Added some dungeon variations as well (Tranquil Forest & Blazing Chamber) with different monster set and level requirement. Added bunch of new monsters, including some elite monsters. Along with many other improvements, fixes, and balancing. The detail can be found in the main post. Thank you.