1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

EmberCraft v1.2a

Submitted by Quilnez
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

[​IMG]

Hosted by
[​IMG]

Developed by
[​IMG]

(Dedicated forum & Credits)

About the map
[​IMG]
[​IMG] EmberCraft is a total conversion isometric ARPG. It is heavily influenced by the infamous Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 as inspiration for the dark atmosphere but takes place in an entirely new world with custom plot and storyline. It features enjoyable monster massacre with challenging and amazing boss fights. It revolves around a cluster of powerful random content generation systems (for item stats, dungeon, shop, etc), to always deliver new experience on each go, and to provide incredible amount of item variations (6,000+ and counting).

We are aware the map still has a lot to work on. We are highly responsive and considerate toward user feedback. So keep providing us suggestions, criticisms, and bug reports and help us to shape the world of EmberCraft!

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Storyline

The world was once a peaceful place. That's until bizarre unidentified beasts began to invade and wreak havoc everywhere. They seemingly appear out of nowhere, as if they came from other reality. After years of calamity with no resolution, a mysterious figure came to us and offered a solution. He claimed to be able to facilitate teleportation across multiple realms. We then called him The Mercenary, for a reason. He avouched that the very same phenomenon is also occurring in other worlds simultaneously and asked for cooperation to resolve the nodus. He then told us everything, about the Netherflame and The False Goddess, the root of this chaos... [​IMG]
[​IMG]
Verraje, the false goddess, is a self-proclaimed deity who desires chaos and total destruction. To achieve her ambition, she created the Netherflame, undying dark flame, to disrupt the balance in nature by uncontrollably producing vicious monsters all across the multiverse, creating endless conflicts, with the ultimate goal to wipe out all kind of life form and send everything back to nothingness. After years of struggle, we finally found a way to reach the celestial palace and we started numerous clashes with the goddess. But many strong heroes have fallen under her otherworldly might...

But it was not all in vain. We noticed that the beasts stopped appearing when we were clashing against the goddess. We then speculate that the Netherflame, the once thought eternal and infinite, can be extinguished by defeating the goddess...
[​IMG] [​IMG]
[​IMG] Being aware of the struggle, the goddess started to gave birth to some of the most frightening beasts in existence from her own flesh and blood. They guard every gateway to the sacred palace. Since then, no one has ever managed to reach the palace. Those guardian beasts are frighteningly powerful. But we, yet again, speculate that for her to achieve such feat, it must have weakened her in some way. This can be our chance to defeat her and put an end to this centuries-long calamity.

We have lost many times and many lives. But we can not afford to give up after all the sacrifice of our ancestors and many great heroes. We need the bravest warriors like you to continue our struggle and keep fighting in the front line. Our fate, our world's fate, now lies in your hands, warrior.

* the story is still under development.
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CHARACTER CLASSES

[​IMG]
WARRIOR •

"Mob, charge, slam, and repeat!"

A melee combatant. Wield a one-hander sword and a shield. They possess immense physical prowess and use brute force to defeat their enemies.

[​IMG]

RANGER •

"Nothing is more unforgiving than our bows..."

A ranged combatant, wield a bow to attack targets from long distance. They are a versed hunter and trickster.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
• ?

"Something needs shooting?"

(COMING SOON)

SUB-CLASSES

[​IMG]
? •

"There is no extend to knowledge..."

(COMING SOON)

SUB-CLASSES

[​IMG] [​IMG]
[​IMG]
• ?

"I come to cleanse this land."

(COMING SOON)

SUB-CLASSES

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

MULTIPLAYER

Play co-op with your friends via LAN or Battle.Net. Declare battles with other players to determine the strongest! The map is balanced for playing in both single player and multi player mode. Keep in mind that save data from single player mode can't be loaded in multi player mode.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]
ITEM & UPGRADE

The map not only harbors more than 6,000 different items, ranging from common items up to legendary ones! But also introduces item quality and gear collection system. Using gears from the same collection will reward remarkable bonuses. Not only that. You can also insert elemental gems into each gear, granting you some extra elemental prowess! It also supports a very unique gear upgrade system. It provides various upgrading materials for you to hunt, such as ores and gemstones (topaz, jade, crystal, and quartz). Not only significantly improves your strength, upgrading gears will also unlock awesome visual effects to make your character looks sharp! Read more detail about the socket and upgrade system here. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

PETS

Collect pets to aid you in combat. Some pets unlock special buffs/debuffs or even special skills. Pets are incredibly rare!
But will definitely worth the effort and what more? They are adorable!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
MEDIA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Design by: Quilnez
Contents

EmberCraft v1.2a (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I can see this being improved over time and its quality raised. As it has many innovative systems implemented, Approved.
  1. Lockheart

Lockheart

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Sorry if you felt offended. I clearly just told you my thoughts and gave you a reasonable explanation on them, too.
    A game that can't be played is a game I barely can give positive critism about.

Hopefully this will ever work because for the current moment all of your efforts would be wasted if it can't be played properly.
    Especially since the screens look really promising.

You shouldn't see my post as (as you called it) 'bad mouthing'.
    Once you can deliver some content that's playable I'm sure there might be enough positiv feedback from me to tell you.
    As for you, you are free to post your feedback about "crappy systems" as much as you want.
    If you add some advices in general or on how to improve certain parts you are more than free to tell.

But what else did you expect a player to tell you about the current version of your map?
    It can have all the most pretty models or code lines and systems in the world. What remains is: can't play = can't play.
    And you couldn't expect me to get why it's not playable or when it should be - or even how much effort it is to fix it at all.

So once your map works I'd appreciate if you could inform me about.
    I'll test it and gladly change my feedback once the game would work.

You are welcome.

2. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I referred to a particular part of your post which I felt like you are bad mouthing about my terraining skill, which is indeed bad since I don't really have the touch. I don't feel offended about anything else.
    In overall, I do appreciate your feedback.

3. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Lockheart @Imago_

Warcraft III uses different versions, and we can't expect every map to work for all. The site even has a "recommended version" category for the resource, which could use some fixing since it says 1.21b, but it obviously doesn't say "current" as most maps do. We have no rule on what versions are allowed or not. Those who don't use battle.net don't have 1.28 and above. Those who do have battle.net have 1.28 and above. It's that simple.

Regarding the WIP rule, I trust that both deepstrasz and Paillan. Quilnez has even stated that the version is already close to final. The "prototype" comment was made long before this map was approved. If this is not the case, you can report it again with proof IF any of you are using the correct version this map works on.

4. trebla ratilla

trebla ratilla

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i love this game it's looks like MU

Look like
    [​IMG]

5. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    ..... how do i pick a class?.........................

6. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Currently the map is not compatible with patch 1.28 or more: for some reason you can't select a class. If you are using patch 1.28+, that explains it. : )
    But the map will be compatible with any version in the next update.

7. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    ahh.. i see.
    any estimations about when will the next version be?

8. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I can't be sure. Within a week I have finished 10 out of 33 tasks in my to-do list, and the number of tasks is still counting.
    I spent the whole last 3 days only for save/load system alone and still not finished. But the rest wouldn't be as rough as this one. And I just remembered I made a promise to make an inventory program for someone, damn... So I think it will be 1 month or more.

I canceled my plan to release alpha version in the next update... I will release full version instead. I'm regretting to upload the map too early. I don't know how many people have been disappointed to download a barely playable map. lol

9. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    its ok, you being well is the most important thing.

well, hopefully i wont forget the map till then.

10. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hehe~ right. If you are subscribed to this thread you will get notification when the map is updated ;)

11. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    ehhh... how do i sub?;/

12. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I think when you commented you will get subscribed to this thread automatically.

13. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I will just release this update and take a supposedly very long rest from wc3 modding. I'm so tired...

Update v0.5.1534
    - Improved calibration messages
    - Added to instruction: icon clicking issue, dungeon system, key calibration, sold item reclaim (when reset), save/load (when auto save), -smooth/-particle command, level & exp system
    - Added red target indicator when creep turns hostile & green for allies
    - Update shortcut bar charge on item stacking
    - Added monster behavior (AI)
    - Ready status canceled if move beyond certain range
    - Mini-healthbar nametag only displayed one for each type & player
    - Knight attack range +10
    - Fixed multiple dialog display bug
    - If save disabled always display message for save command
    - Fixed arcane statistic window bug on multiplayer mode
    - Create tooltips only for playing player
    - Streamlined skill data
    - Improved combat system disabling (silence/disable/immobile)
    - Revamped combat system

- Fixed shortcut bar cooldown exploit
    - Add shortcut and inspect functionality for inventory & equipment UI
    - Inventory, shop, & char window double click => use/buy/detach
    - Swap consumeable => stack
    - Passively increase hp n mp when level up
    - Fixed item socket data gold bug
    - Fixed detaching bug when inventory is full
    - Knight defaulty have negative evasion
    - Locked game speed at fast
    - Evasion is now taken into effect
    - Reduced monster critical chance growth
    - Added rarity icon border (inventory, shop, & equipment)
    - Enumerate players when portal is opened
    - Check player distance from portal when departing
    - Player death => cancel departure
    - Level affects all monster strength exponentially
    - Exp gain factors in level difference
    - Added command to display dungeon stats modifier
    - Reformulated exp growth
    - Level up recovers hp & mp
    - Properly disabled control before calibration
    - Auto save on: item drop/sell, level up, revive
    - Added restricted save data version
    - Distinct start position & create position
    - Added element effect to missile
    - Remade village
    - Gem attachment effect

- Added combatant missile size
    - Helmet adds stun resistance
    - Fixed passive skill max level requirement (become 0)
    - Fixed endless dungeon generation on high level
    - Added sound effects: buy, sell, equip, drop, right click, socket, open gate,
    - Auto save on: item refining/socket/enhancement, skill learn, change area, add attribute
    - Create backup on replaced save data
    - Player leave adjustment
    - Monster health adjustment based on player count
    - Spawned kobold level is properly adjusted
    - Monster level adjustment based on lowest player level
    - Add single key press verification after calibration
    - Improved merchant management
    - Merchant now temporarily saves sold item list
    - Increased attribute window text size
    - Deselect class selector when loading
    - Fixed item cooldown bug when depleted
    - Improved key number calibration
    - Added save/load system
    - Improved level up handling

- Revive restores MP
    - Display monster healthbar on hit
    - Improved status bar animation precision
    - Added shortcut skill selection UI

- Item now has attack range bonus
    - New weapon damage format for tooltips
    - Hp & mp amount is now displayed on status bar
    - New shortcut & status bar display

It's not working for 1.28 yet. Turns out there are some other things need fixing. I can't settle it until I get 1.28 my self.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  14. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Very cool. Feels like playing World of Warcraft into the W3 engine. The terrain is good, interface great, gameplay good. 5/5 :)

15. Strikest

Strikest

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Been following your systems for a while, this culmination of your efforts is truly amazing. How'd you get the left click movement so flawless? It can't be trackables can it. Can't wait to be able to play this on 1.28!

Questions:
    Does multiplayer work if everyone is on 1.27b?
    Is Ranger class incomplete, hence why she has no skills?

Concerns:
    The screen flashes black and white repeatedly when your character is near the dungeon entrance.
    Map seems to lag after a while.

Suggestions:
    The dungeons really need a minimap or something; the uniform terrain makes it extremely hard to navigate.
    Some descriptions for the dungeon scrolls are needed, but I assume you know that.

16. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks guys :)

It's using trackable yes.

Me too! They said sync time has been dramatically reduced so this map could be more enjoyable in 1.28!
    What I'm afraid is that I wouldn't be able to make it work for both 1.28 and lower versions since a lot if things seem to work differently in 1.28, including trackable.

This version still has desync issue. It's been fixed and will be included in the next update. But yeah, all having the same patch version is preferred.

Yes, it is incomplete. I haven't finished designing the archer class yet.

The gate is a walkable destructible. It will cause lag if there are a lot of units moving above it at the same time. The custom UIs are basically bunch of units so...

How long have you been playing?
    Nevertheless, I will check into it and test the map on lower spec PC. I thought all leaks have been fixed in previous updates.

Sure. It's already in my to-do list.

What kind of description? How the dungeon looks like or something?

Thanks for your feedback!

17. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm calling it...
    I have to work on other game project so this one's gonna be in dormant from now on.

Last version uploaded with these major changes:
    1. Added minimap feature!
    minimap.jpg
    This little big minimap system will help you a lot in exploring the dungeon. It will emulate your vision so that you know which area is not explored yet. It also provides legends to locate your position, allies, and red/blue portal (later for treasures too) with 100% precision, YES 100%! (what? I invested a lot of time just for this so it should be mentioned).

2. The map is now completely desync free!
    You can now play this map in multiplayer. I'm still not sure how well it performs tho, especially with this new minimap system (it's quite heavy).
    I messed something up with minimap resetting which now results in desync, I will upload small update tomorrow.

3. The map's performance has been doubled in speed!
    To be specific, the custom UI refreshing has been doubled in term of efficiency. Lags when walking on portal has been reduced. I have tested it in my low spec PC and it can run at ~50 FPS, 60 when idle. I also added -smooth and -particle command to improve the game performance even more, check out the Read Me for more info.

Since the item database has been completely reconstructed, older save data version will be restricted from now on thus you can't use it anymore, no big deal right? I also added some system-generated items, maybe it's a bit imbalanced so just ignore it.

I'm happy to release this update, but also pretty sad since it's probably the last update it will have this year, or ever. However, I'd still like to hear some feedback about the map's performance in your PC. Has it been improved? How does it perform when played in multiplayer mode?
    Looking forward for some of those :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  18. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Okay that's it, the last update.

v0.6.789
    - Fixed desync when refreshing minimap
    - Rarity border is now hidden properly when auto detaching equip (by insufficient att pts)
    - Fixed bug where weapons are not re-evaluated when modifying attribute points
    - Fix creep permanently disappearing nametag
    - Fixed uncovered click detection area bug
    - Balanced strength and wisdom attribute bonus
    - Archer re-added to class selection
    - Increased archer base missile speed

19. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quite an extensive update there, good stuff!

20. [FBS]SecretTrader

[FBS]SecretTrader

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just crashes on downloaDing map
    ^