• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EmberCraft v1.2b

logo-small-png.317079

Hosted by
hivelogo-png.332846
Developed by
teamnoemblem-png.332848

(Dedicated forum & Credits)

shadebottomsmall-png.323204

About The Map
hr-line-2-png.323209

ss1-jpg.323200
EmberCraft is a total conversion isometric ARPG. It is heavily influenced by the infamous Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 as inspiration for the dark atmosphere but takes place in an entirely new world with custom plot and storyline. It features enjoyable monster massacre with challenging and amazing boss fights. It revolves around a cluster of powerful random content generation systems (for item stats, dungeon, shop, etc), to always deliver new experience on each go, and to provide incredible amount of item variations (6,000+ and counting).

rightindent-png.323202
shadetop-png.323193

Storyline
hr-line-2-png.323209

The world was once a peaceful place. That's until unidentified beasts began to invade and wreak havoc everywhere. They seemingly appear out of nowhere, as if they came from other reality. After years of calamity with no resolution, a mysterious figure came to us and offered a solution. He claimed to be able to facilitate teleportation across multiple realms. We then called him The Mercenary, for a reason. He avouched that the very same phenomenon is also occurring in other worlds simultaneously and asked for cooperation to resolve the nodus. He then told us everything, about the Netherflame and The False Goddess, the root of this chaos...
rightindent-png.323202
ss3-png.323246
Verraje, the false goddess, is a self-proclaimed deity who desires chaos and total destruction. To achieve her ambition, she created the Netherflame, undying dark flame, to disrupt the balance in nature by uncontrollably producing vicious monsters all across the multiverse, creating endless conflicts, with the ultimate goal to wipe out all kind of life form and send everything back to nothingness. After years of struggle, we finally found a way to reach the celestial palace and we started numerous clashes with the goddess. But many strong heroes have fallen under her otherworldly might...
But it was not all in vain. We noticed that the beasts stopped appearing when we were clashing against the goddess. We then speculate that the Netherflame, the once thought eternal and infinite, can be extinguished by defeating the goddess...
brazier-gif.323249
rightindent-png.323202
ss4-jpg.323254
Being aware of the struggle, the goddess started to gave birth to some of the most frightening beasts in existence from her own flesh and blood. They guard every gateway to the sacred palace. Since then, no one has ever managed to reach the palace. Those guardian beasts are frighteningly powerful. But we, yet again, speculate that for her to achieve such feat, it must have weakened her in some way. This can be our chance to defeat her and put an end to this centuries-long calamity.

We have lost many times and many lives. But we can not afford to give up after all the sacrifice of our ancestors and many great heroes. We need the bravest warriors like you to continue our struggle and keep fighting in the front line. Our fate, our world's fate, now lies in your hands, warrior.
* the story is still under development.
[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]

CHARACTER CLASSES

class-preview-knight-png.323227
WARRIOR •

A melee combatant. Wield a one-hander sword and a shield. They possess immense physical prowess and use brute force to defeat their enemies.
SUB-CLASSES

Close

Guardian

Royalty

Dark Knight

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
RANGER •

A ranged combatant, wield a bow to attack targets from long distance. They are a versed hunter and trickster.
SUB-CLASSES

Close

Huntress

Adventurer

Moon Strider

[td]
class-preview-archer-png.323225
[/td][td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
class-preview-gunner-png.323226
• ?

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
? •

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
class-preview-magus-png.323267
[/td][td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
class-preview-chandra-png.323266
• ?

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
shadetop-png.323193

MULTIPLAYER

Play co-op with your friends via LAN or Battle.Net. Declare battles with other players to determine the strongest! The map is balanced for playing in both single player and multi player mode. Keep in mind that save data from single player mode can't be loaded in multi player mode.
rightindent-png.323202

ss5-jpg.323271

ITEM & UPGRADE

The map not only harbors more than 6,000 different items, ranging from common items up to legendary ones! But also introduces item quality and gear collection system. Using gears from the same collection will reward remarkable bonuses. Not only that. You can also insert elemental gems into each gear, granting you some extra elemental prowess! It also supports a very unique gear upgrade system. It provides various upgrading materials for you to hunt, such as ores and gemstones (topaz, jade, crystal, and quartz). Not only significantly improves your strength, upgrading gears will also unlock awesome visual effects to make your character looks sharp! Read more detail about the socket and upgrade system here.
rightindent-png.323202

ss6-jpg.323378
shadetop-png.323193

PETS

Collect pets to aid you in combat. Some pets unlock special buffs/debuffs or even special skills. Pets are incredibly rare!
But will definitely worth the effort and what more? They are adorable!

pet-gif.323377

MEDIA

shadetop-png.323193

Thread Design by: Quilnez
Contents

EmberCraft v1.2b (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I can see this being improved over time and its quality raised. As it has many innovative systems implemented, Approved.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
@Quilnez Is this suppose to be challenging? I don't know if there's any tutorial to begin with, at first I don't know what to do. So I roamed the village looking for answer. After a long run you need to buy keys? ( I forgot ) to enter within a particular dungeon/place.

But hey this one is very heavy looking map and very confusing for some beginners. I hope there is tutorial video or gameplay.
There is in-game "read me" with a whole bunch of explanations. The button is at top left corner.

Level 5
Those orders are for pets only, right-click the icon for information. : )
Oh sorry i didn't notice that.
And i want to reports you more bug, there's a screenshot.
I don't know whether after using spell 1 or after i got attacked by gargoyle, this happen. I can't found a way to get in back.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_062019_163320_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_062019_163320_01.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 133
Level 1
Hi there!
First of all thank you for nice and unique map.

Game crashing bug:
I was playing warrior and got Swift Blade (lvl 48), saved my acc and after loading my game always crashes when i try to open inventory or go to shop. That was not 1st time => every time when i got blue lyrics weapon for lvl's 20+ and try to open my inventory game crashes. I forgot this somehow this morning and i lost my warrior :(.

Also i got "large" bug when using Blacksmiht:
If you have more then 1 item with same name and you upgrade one of them, in your inventory you get exact copy of upgraded one (without +1 => perhaps its possible to upgrade unlimited times this way). This also affect equiped items.
I was able to take infinite amount of upgraded item if upgrading material was somehow left in upgrade screen.

Large Earth Gem is named "Small Earth Gem" when dropped.

Kazeon

Level 33
Game crashing bug:
I was playing warrior and got Swift Blade (lvl 48), saved my acc and after loading my game always crashes when i try to open inventory or go to shop. That was not 1st time => every time when i got blue lyrics weapon for lvl's 20+ and try to open my inventory game crashes. I forgot this somehow this morning and i lost my warrior
Don't worry your save data is not corrupted. We have missing icon files issue that causes the crash, it will be fixed in the next version.

We will take a look at the other bugs. Thanks!

Level 1
Thank you for fast replay and info.
Is there any way for me to delete everything from inventory (in savegame file perhaps) so i can continue playing or i need to wait for next update for that?

Level 1
Thank you again for fast replay and information.

Another bug:
Dark Arts passive skill increase only minimal damage? (my damage is 260 - 191)

Level 4
I have a very critical review of this map.

I was playing with 4 friends.

Good concept, bad design

Severe lag in dungeon, No tutorials (your left at start not knowing wht to do), inventory is glitchy, Very hard to know how to lvl spells took me an hr to figure out,

Visually too much going on, clutter,

UI very clumped and lots of empty space.

Needs polishing before I can call it "good". But potential is there.

Kazeon

Level 33
Severe lag in dungeon, No tutorials (your left at start not knowing wht to do), inventory is glitchy, Very hard to know how to lvl spells took me an hr to figure out,
There are a whole bunch of documentations and instructions at the "read me" menu (top left). But I accidentally removed the message popup that encourages player to read it. I will re-add it in the next update. And lags in dungeon have been dramatically reduced in the next version.

UI very clumped and lots of empty space.
The viewport was pretty limited. But we have true full screen support in the next version, it should help.

Thanks for the review.

Level 3
Stunning work sir keep it up <3
Here's some suggestions based on my opinion :

1. Inventory click through although I'm not sure if it's possible to fix it. If i clicked on an item it would obviously interact with the item but if there is an empty slot or even the space between two filled slots, the clicking would go through the inventory causing the character to move or perform an attack.

2. The white arrows in the skills tab of the character menu are a bit small. I completely missed them the first two times that i wanted to upgrade them. I would personally prefer if you removed the arrows for the spells selection and fit them into a 2x4 table.

3. Make the important character stats visible on the right side of the equipment window when the player presses a button (Show Stats)(Check the image below). You can check out @TriggerHappy 's new project (Ancient's Wrath ORPG) to get an idea for it aswel.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_071419_210054.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_071419_210054.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 215
Level 1
Looks fantastic!
Please add some tutorials, some stuff is not so obvious, but thats just my point :)
Keep up the good work!

Kazeon

Level 33
Updated to v1.2 with following key changes & improvements:
  • True Full Screen support & remastered UI!
    Enjoy the wonderful experience in true full screen mode, no more obstructive black bars in your way! Old cluttered UI design from former map project of mine has been replaced with better and cleaner version as well! Also the game's performance inside the dungeon has been dramatically improved by utilizing the new UI natives for the extra-heavy minimap, instead of using the old unit-based UI system. Now you don't need to right-click the icon to inspect it, instead you only need to move the cursor over the icon, currently it works only in single player mode.

• Now comes with full-fledged ARPG mechanisms!
    With the arrival of new keyboard natives, it opens up the possibility to achieve the true ARPG mechanism: You can hold the key number to keep casting/using the corresponding skill/item. Casting channeling skills can also be done by holding key number, then your character will automatically faces toward the cursor. All is possible without key calibrations!

• Character overall strength calculator!
    Now you can measure how strong your character is by opening the character window. Character overall is calculated based on stats, attributes, and skills mastery.

• And bunch hotfixes and improvements...

Known issues:
- Minimap's minimize/maximize button is currently not intractable, use 'M' hotkey to maximize/minimize it.
- The map has not been tested on resolutions higher than 1360x768 or aspect ratios other than 16:9, using other resolutions/aspect ratio might result in weird UI positions.

Complete changelog:
--- v1.2
- Fixed missing icon files that caused game crash
- Fixed critical issue of broken item reference order (experimental)
- Fixed red portal always getting revealed in the minimap
- Fixed Dark Arts skill only adds bonus to floor damage
- Fixed ore not re-assigned after upgrade
- Now number key event uses new natives, the game no longer requires calibration
- Now can hold number keys to continuously casting skills
- Channeling skill is now done by holding the number key
- Now character window displays character overall strength rating
- Improved minimap performance by using new UI natives
- Now supports true full screen
- Added UI hover for inspection (Single Player only, for now)
- Remastered UI (Part 1) & Improved UI interaction
- Added NPC interaction menu interface
- Faster gameplay pace
- Obstructive object hider is now back working again
- Now can display complete item info by left-clicking item object
- Adjusted free scroll stats
- New cursor texture
- Improved selection circle
- Increased Ranger HP growth on each level
- Re-adjusted drop rate for each item rarity
- Increased damage taken by Illusory Incarnation illusions
- Reduced Double Crash damage
- Adjusted Lucid Beam damage and mana cost
- Increased Valiant Charge damage
- Fixed weird companion collision behavior
- Increased arrow hit box in character menu

Stunning work sir keep it up <3
Here's some suggestions based on my opinion :

1. Inventory click through although I'm not sure if it's possible to fix it. If i clicked on an item it would obviously interact with the item but if there is an empty slot or even the space between two filled slots, the clicking would go through the inventory causing the character to move or perform an attack.
It's possible. It will be fixed in one of future updates.

2. The white arrows in the skills tab of the character menu are a bit small. I completely missed them the first two times that i wanted to upgrade them. I would personally prefer if you removed the arrows for the spells selection and fit them into a 2x4 table.
Fixed.

3. Make the important character stats visible on the right side of the equipment window when the player presses a button (Show Stats)(Check the image below). You can check out @TriggerHappy 's new project (Ancient's Wrath ORPG) to get an idea for it aswel.
Important stats can be seen in the "Statistic" tab (inside character menu).

Looks fantastic!
Please add some tutorials, some stuff is not so obvious, but thats just my point :)
Keep up the good work!
There is documentation in the game (Read Me [F9]) I suggest you to read it and report back if you still don't understand some stuffs. Thanks for the rating : )

Last edited:
Level 6
Terrific update! I love the new high-octane game pace and responsiveness updates! Totally busted!
I've been playing the 1.1 version during the past days and have gathered quite a bit of bug-related information as well as some suggestions. Will have to play the new V some more to see if it's still relevant. Here's what the same as far as I can tell:

1. Health and mana globes (which drop from enemies) have quite a nauseating ambient sound across a long range. I was hesitant to move near them the first time, I think it shouldn't be so. I'd suggest having a light and more alluring sound to them and reduce it's max/fade distance since they are still visible on the minimap.
1.1 Also, when the globe is discharged and you move further, the healing projectiles cannot catch up to you and die out eventually. I would recommend adding slight acceleration (around 25/s/s) to their movement after they stop spiraling around so that you wouldn't have to stop to catch the projectiles.
1.2 Mana globes are too rare and their values are too low. They only restore mana by 2 or 6 per projectile which is underwhelming. Once I've got 20 per projectile (around lvl 46), so I think their value calculation is bugged.
1.3 Sometimes I saw a double-globe (health and mana) and the mana-part got removed in ~3 seconds, if I managed to discharge it in time, the 'surviving' projectiles would restore 0 mana.
Screenshots 1-2.

2. After 30-60 minutes of playing, Ranger's summons (illusions and wolf) would sometimes be attacked and killed by other summons (but not pets) upon creation, as if they were created hostile. Hero's attacks and spells however, do not damage the poor creature.
Screenshots 3-4.

3. Gargoyles that died outside the terrain drop their items in the air, rendering them unreachable, unless...
3.1 Gargoyles can knockback your Hero outside the terrain.
Screenshots 5-6.

4. New UI related. The item-info windows which appear on hovering, do not disappear when the cursor is moved away. Nor when the inventory is closed. Have to press ESC every time.
Also, the new UI on 1920x1080 (16:9) screen is on screenshot 7.

I'll report some more later, once I've had that funfunfunfunfun

EDIT: Welp, the healing and mana globes seem to freeze the game to death sometimes. Either it's happening right from the first usages or never. Looks like an infinite loop behavior (but it had let go a couple of times) when it finishes activating (all the projectiles are created). Last game I dropped 3 health and 1 mana globe from the first enemies, all of them lag-spiked upon activation finish.

The game also freezes for 5-10 seconds/forever randomly, but that could be untouched health globes timing out. If so, the issue is within the globe destruction function/method.

Attachments

• double_globe_1.png
    double_globe_1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 107
  • double_globe_2.png
    double_globe_2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
  • friendlyFire_illusions.png
    friendlyFire_illusions.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 110
  • friendlyFire_wolf.png
    friendlyFire_wolf.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 182
  • items_outside.png
    items_outside.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 101
  • me_outside.png
    me_outside.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
  • UI_1920_1080.png
    UI_1920_1080.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
1.2 Mana globes are too rare and their values are too low. They only restore mana by 2 or 6 per projectile which is underwhelming. Once I've got 20 per projectile (around lvl 46), so I think their value calculation is bugged.
The calculation is not bugged, it's based on the killed monster's max MP. Higher rank monster (especially magic-based monsters) posses more MP than the others.

I will work on the drop rate and heal value.

1.3 Sometimes I saw a double-globe (health and mana) and the mana-part got removed in ~3 seconds, if I managed to discharge it in time, the 'surviving' projectiles would restore 0 mana.
Double globe is no longer a thing in the latest version.

I will take a look at other issues. Thank you so much for the reports! <3

Level 6
The calculation is not bugged, it's based on the killed monster's max MP. Higher rank monster (especially magic-based monsters) posses more MP than the others.
I see. But the only possible mana values I got were 2 and 6 on any levels, while healing values were more smooth in that sense.

Anyway, I've spotted some other things that would need some love :)

1. Illusions of lesser Sludge Monsters created by Lunar Strike are big Sludge Monsters, which makes me think that lesser ones are the same units with reduced vertex scale. No wonder I tried to avoid them at lower levels until range upgrade! They're deadlier than the original, which in my opinion, is not the most intuitive design. I'd recommend reducing their damage and range/projectile speed a bit. Otherwise their raw power is kinda frustrating.

2. Speaking of attack range, the "Attack range +10m" stat on some bows doesn't seem to work. Attack and spell range is still the same, within the screen. Also I'd like to know if there will be value variance in this stat and why have I spent 2 skill points for +2m range if there are bows with +10m? :D

3. I've lost one of the gems socketed into an item upon loading the hero. Also upgraded items weren't saved in v1.1, is it fixed in v1.2?

4. Regarding companions bodyblocking the hero, the behavior is worse, to be honest. I barely felt any collision with own units in v1.1 and now they get in the way, as if intentionally. I would suggest adding Ethereal 'Aeth' ability to illusions (maybe those created by Lunar Strike as well) so that other units can pass through them. Pets and the wolf don't seem to be much of an issue.

5. Free scrolls can have either +20% or +30% physical damage of monsters.

6. I spotted an invisible thing with an empty name/description. Appears to be an item or a selectable destructible. Not sure. EDIT: That's just a clock. :D

7. Shop UI (abilities) are shifted on 1920x1080.

8. Health globes that are near the portal through which you exit stay on the minimap, even though the minimap is hidden in town.

9. Minimap "blocks" are too close to each other, resulting in overlaps. (Can be seen in previous post, Screenshot 7)

10. Crypt Towers sometimes obstruct the UI and the view in general. Since OOH is back online, I thought that the towers could be included. By the way, trees being hidden near the hero are 'too invisible'. I got confused about what was blocking me the first time I encountered it. I'd suggest making the alpha value dependant on the distance to hero and having a minimum value in order to see that there is in fact a tree there, but it is transparent enough to see through.

I think that's all I've got. :p I'd like to discuss a few lesser quirks of some abilities later. I think I'll do it over at discord. Wish you luck with the development!

Attachments

• [1]sludge_illusion.png
    [1]sludge_illusion.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 66
  • [5]free_scrolls_values.png
    [5]free_scrolls_values.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 83
  • [6]invisible_thing.png
    [6]invisible_thing.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 75
  • [7]new_shop_ui.png
    [7]new_shop_ui.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 85
  • [8]minimap_healthglobe_stays.png
    [8]minimap_healthglobe_stays.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 91
  • [10]tower_blocking_ui.png
    [10]tower_blocking_ui.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Level 1
I have downloaded and put in map foldẻ but it do not have when i enter the game pls help ( im play ver 1.32 )

Kazeon

Level 33
I have downloaded and put in map foldẻ but it do not have when i enter the game pls help ( im play ver 1.32 )
You mean 1.31 right? Make sure to put the map in correct directory: ../Documents/Warcraft III/Maps/Download

@Kerael thanks, I put your suggestions & reports in a special spot in my to-do list ;]

Kazeon

Level 33
Updated to 1.2a.
Just a small patch including some hotfixes, improvements, and additions.

Complete change log:
- Fixed critical issue of occasional freeze times when gathering souls
- Fixed tooltips not automatically hidden when playing as other than player 1
- Fixed Lunar Strike creates wrong illusion when hits Sludge Monster
- Fixed some errors in free scroll stats declarations
- Added T0 (level 1) variants for helmet, shoulder pads, and gloves items
- Added rare items for level 10-19
- New "friendlier" ambient sound for soul/globe objects
- Reduced contribution factor of weak element
- Now health and mana soul drop rates are equal
- Perfectized collision behavior with companion and illusions
- Now soul projectiles will always catch up
- Adjusted item drop rates per rarity

Level 6
- Is there any command to hide UI which has blocked my sight from checking my packsack?

fb_09.jpg

- Some texts were also blocked by the new UI. (My resolution was 1600*900)

fb_10.jpg

- I'm curious about the stories of new NPC.Altaïr and Ezio are selling potions?That's cool.

Level 6
Cool patch! I've played it a couple hours and here's what I noticed:

1.1 Unfortunately, the health globe freeze is still happening, but much more rarely, about 1 in 100 times. Appears to be the same on-destroy event.
1.2 From what I saw, mana globes are still rare and have the same values. For example, I could drop up to 6 health globes during a fight, while it's quite rare to get at least 2 mana globes.
1.3 I've tried to listen closely, but their new ambient appears to be missing. What comes to mind is that it has '3D sound' unchecked. Thanks for the effort though, I'm much less anxious about them now :p
1.4 Projectile acceleration plays out amazingly! But when I was standing still by an old habit, I noticed one minor thing. With increasing speed, an object's orbit radius increases as well, resulting in a projectile circling around the hero for a short time occasionally (when in linear motion phase). I was suggesting adding the acceleration after the 'dance in the air' just in that case (and not to distort the 'dance' in any way, since it's quite impressive as is).

2.1 Removing units' pathing has its implications. For example, they can move through walls and can be ordered to guard a location over an abyss.
2.2 Illusions usually inhabit the same location, since they are ordered to move to a singular spot. Adding Ethereal 'Aeth' instead of using SetUnitPathing() wouldn't prevent such merging (but would help with moving through walls). However it can be done by sending (and maybe following) units in formations (coordinate arrays), instead of to a singular point. Implementing formations would be nifty if you plan on introducing more classes with summons.

3. After using Toggle Item Display [F] several times, item-names on the ground started to lose fragments. Happens upon item creation (dropping from enemies or inventory). In v1.1 I could find a location where the missing fragments of the floating texts were. Old screenshots were deleted by accident.

4. Selection circles are not removed after unit's death sometimes.

5. Unique and Rare items stopped dropping past level 50. :(

6.1 Also, maybe you could move the basic commands (Z, X, C etc.) to the left side of the screen until you figure out how to scale their position with resolution?
6.2 The save reminder every 5 minutes is a bit irritating. It's like it's always on the screen. How about 10 minutes?

EDIT: 7. When my hero died, the gargoyle tried to move back to it's pillar, but instead it circled around it endlessly.

8. I'd like to suggest one thing for the Auto Pickup [Space]. When your inventory is full and there is gold, potions and gear on the ground, attempt to pick up gold and potions (that can be stacked, same tier) first, instead of trying to pick up the closest item no matter what.

Attachments

• [2.1]illusions_over_abyss.png
    [2.1]illusions_over_abyss.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 283
  • [2.2]illusions_merge.png
    [2.2]illusions_merge.png
    4 MB · Views: 247
  • [2.2]formations.png
    [2.2]formations.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 240
  • [3]missing_text_1.png
    [3]missing_text_1.png
    3 MB · Views: 223
  • [3]missing_text_2.png
    [3]missing_text_2.png
    3 MB · Views: 168
  • [4]selection_circles.png
    [4]selection_circles.png
    3 MB · Views: 143
  • [7]gargoyle_not_perching.png
    [7]gargoyle_not_perching.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Level 1
Cool patch! I've played it a couple hours and here's what I noticed:

1.1 Unfortunately, the health globe freeze is still happening, but much more rarely, about 1 in 100 times. Appears to be the same on-destroy event.
1.2 From what I saw, mana globes are still rare and have the same values. For example, I could drop up to 6 health globes during a fight, while it's quite rare to get at least 2 mana globes.
1.3 I've tried to listen closely, but their new ambient appears to be missing. What comes to mind is that it has '3D sound' unchecked. Thanks for the effort though, I'm much less anxious about them now :p
1.4 Projectile acceleration plays out amazingly! But when I was standing still by an old habit, I noticed one minor thing. With increasing speed, an object's orbit radius increases as well, resulting in a projectile circling around the hero for a short time occasionally (when in linear motion phase). I was suggesting adding the acceleration after the 'dance in the air' just in that case (and not to distort the 'dance' in any way, since it's quite impressive as is).

2.1 Removing units' pathing has its implications. For example, they can move through walls and can be ordered to guard a location over an abyss.
2.2 Illusions usually inhabit the same location, since they are ordered to move to a singular spot. Adding Ethereal 'Aeth' instead of using SetUnitPathing() wouldn't prevent such merging (but would help with moving through walls). However it can be done by sending (and maybe following) units in formations (coordinate arrays), instead of to a singular point. Implementing formations would be nifty if you plan on introducing more classes with summons.

3. After using Toggle Item Display [F] several times, item-names on the ground started to lose fragments. Happens upon item creation (dropping from enemies or inventory). In v1.1 I could find a location where the missing fragments of the floating texts were. Old screenshots were deleted by accident.

4. Selection circles are not removed after unit's death sometimes.

5. Unique and Rare items stopped dropping past level 50. :(

6.1 Also, maybe you could move the basic commands (Z, X, C etc.) to the left side of the screen until you figure out how to scale their position with resolution?
6.2 The save reminder every 5 minutes is a bit irritating. It's like it's always on the screen. How about 10 minutes?

Yes unfortunately unique and rare items only go as far as lvl 50 currently.

Kazeon

Level 33
May I ask how to check the items's info (specific stats, description, etc.)?
Supposedly only by moving cursor over the item's icon, if not, just right click it. If it's an item object (on ground), just select the item object (left click).

EDIT:

Notice: Bumped due to thread update, not map update.

Last edited:
Yes it is set to the highest. Resolution is 1360*768 @60
And i met the problem in a third-party platform, I find it works well in single player wc3 mode. Sorry for didn't make myself clear.
There're some plug-ins in platform, i don't know if that matters.

Attachments

• 0.png
    0.png
    1 MB · Views: 218
  • 1.png
    1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 240
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 218
Level 6
Of course it matters.Netease Platform is not compatible with custom maps which contains new natives of 1.29+.As a matter of fact,I wouldn't recommend any Hive guys to install such an unreliable platform with tons of suspicious plugins,which could probably corrupt the install process of newer patch.(1.32)

...Wait...are you the Otherknownoise I remembered?The guy who was also upset at those paid trolls hired by Netease and Blizzard?

Of course it matters.Netease Platform is not compatible with custom maps which contains new natives of 1.29+.As a matter of fact,I wouldn't recommend any Hive guys to install such an unreliable platform with tons of suspicious plugins,which could probably corrupt the install process of newer patch.(1.32)

...Wait...are you the Otherknownoise I remembered?The guy who was also upset at those paid trolls hired by Netease and Blizzard?

Thanks for telling me, but my friends are all there, i don't have much choice.
And yes, if you are talking about the thread i posted. I thought nobody watched.

Kazeon

Level 33
Yes it is set to the highest. Resolution is 1360*768 @60
And i met the problem in a third-party platform, I find it works well in single player wc3 mode. Sorry for didn't make myself clear.
Not sure if it matters, but it can easily be fixed, although you need to wait for the next update. It's in my to-do list. Thanks for the report.

Level 1
OMG! At first i thought this is diablo not warcraft. I think you worked really hard on this project to make it look so awesome. I have no words to say more than congratulations. I will keep playing this map day and night.

Level 20
One of the highest quality maps I have seen in my life.

However, I got some graphical issues. The bottom interface with abilities, health and mana globe are vibrating while my character moves - as if their visuals got updated too slow compared to my moving speed. Also my characters moving animation itself looks laggy (Archer). Last, all shopkeepers portrait and icons are misplaced outside of the supposed frame (see attached picture).

I'm playing on patch 1.31 with 1920x1080 resolution.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1 MB · Views: 237

Kazeon

Level 33
Hello, @Eikonium

However, I got some graphical issues. The bottom interface with abilities, health and mana globe are vibrating while my character moves - as if their visuals got updated too slow compared to my moving speed.
Try turning on V-Sync in wc3 graphic/video setting.

ast, all shopkeepers portrait and icons are misplaced outside of the supposed frame (see attached picture).
The map only fully support 1360x768 resolution at the moment. We will fix this (and support all resolutions) in the next version but it will take very long time (migrating to new UI library). The movement lags is expected to be fixed after the big migration as well, since the new library will work on 60 FPS+ and doesn't rely on locked camera.

Thanks for the heads up! Please give the map a rating to let others know :cgrin:

Last edited:
Level 20
Try turning on V-Sync in wc3 graphic/video setting.
Have turned VSync on, but I'm afraid that didn't resolve the stuttering.

I will test your map on the weekend with friends and look, if they have similiar issues.

Thanks for your quick reply!

The map only fully support 1360x768 resolution at the moment. We will fix this (and support all resolutions) in the next version but it will take very long time (migrating to new UI library). The movement lags is expected to be fixed after the big migration as well, since the new library will work on 60 FPS+ and doesn't rely on locked camera.

That's great to hear, looking forward to that version! :)

Kazeon

Level 33
I will test your map on the weekend with friends and look, if they have similiar issues.
I'm afraid the stuttering will be the same as noticeable if your friends are on high-end PCs because of the camera locking. Forgot to mention this but try the "-smooth 4" and "-soften" commands and see if it helps, as shown here:
upload_2019-12-18_23-17-20.png

-smooth 4 means maximum refresh rate (0.01s)

Level 20
Forgot to mention this but try the "-smooth 4" and "-soften" commands and see if it helps

That's very close to a solution, it reduces the stuttering by some degree (but it's still there). At least it's enough to let me enjoy the gameplay :)
Thanks for the hint and good luck with the migration!

Edit:
I've tried to play the map together with friends last weekend, but we had tremendous performance issues (input lag and frame rate drops) alongside the unability of some graphic cards / monitors to display 1360x768 resolution. This issue might be related to Warcraft version 1.31.1 though, as other maps (such as Hero of the Empire) had similiar (although less crucial) performance problems, while being perfectly performant on Wc3 1.28.5. I'll try again in a few weeks, when Reforged releases ;) Or ofc as soon as you release the new version :)

Last edited: