• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EmberCraft v1.2b

logo-small-png.317079

Hosted by
hivelogo-png.332846
Developed by
teamnoemblem-png.332848

(Dedicated forum & Credits)

shadebottomsmall-png.323204

About The Map
hr-line-2-png.323209

ss1-jpg.323200
EmberCraft is a total conversion isometric ARPG. It is heavily influenced by the infamous Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 as inspiration for the dark atmosphere but takes place in an entirely new world with custom plot and storyline. It features enjoyable monster massacre with challenging and amazing boss fights. It revolves around a cluster of powerful random content generation systems (for item stats, dungeon, shop, etc), to always deliver new experience on each go, and to provide incredible amount of item variations (6,000+ and counting).

rightindent-png.323202
shadetop-png.323193

Storyline
hr-line-2-png.323209

The world was once a peaceful place. That's until unidentified beasts began to invade and wreak havoc everywhere. They seemingly appear out of nowhere, as if they came from other reality. After years of calamity with no resolution, a mysterious figure came to us and offered a solution. He claimed to be able to facilitate teleportation across multiple realms. We then called him The Mercenary, for a reason. He avouched that the very same phenomenon is also occurring in other worlds simultaneously and asked for cooperation to resolve the nodus. He then told us everything, about the Netherflame and The False Goddess, the root of this chaos...
rightindent-png.323202
ss3-png.323246
Verraje, the false goddess, is a self-proclaimed deity who desires chaos and total destruction. To achieve her ambition, she created the Netherflame, undying dark flame, to disrupt the balance in nature by uncontrollably producing vicious monsters all across the multiverse, creating endless conflicts, with the ultimate goal to wipe out all kind of life form and send everything back to nothingness. After years of struggle, we finally found a way to reach the celestial palace and we started numerous clashes with the goddess. But many strong heroes have fallen under her otherworldly might...
But it was not all in vain. We noticed that the beasts stopped appearing when we were clashing against the goddess. We then speculate that the Netherflame, the once thought eternal and infinite, can be extinguished by defeating the goddess...
brazier-gif.323249
rightindent-png.323202
ss4-jpg.323254
Being aware of the struggle, the goddess started to gave birth to some of the most frightening beasts in existence from her own flesh and blood. They guard every gateway to the sacred palace. Since then, no one has ever managed to reach the palace. Those guardian beasts are frighteningly powerful. But we, yet again, speculate that for her to achieve such feat, it must have weakened her in some way. This can be our chance to defeat her and put an end to this centuries-long calamity.

We have lost many times and many lives. But we can not afford to give up after all the sacrifice of our ancestors and many great heroes. We need the bravest warriors like you to continue our struggle and keep fighting in the front line. Our fate, our world's fate, now lies in your hands, warrior.
* the story is still under development.
[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]

CHARACTER CLASSES

class-preview-knight-png.323227
WARRIOR •

A melee combatant. Wield a one-hander sword and a shield. They possess immense physical prowess and use brute force to defeat their enemies.
SUB-CLASSES

Close

Guardian

Royalty

Dark Knight

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
RANGER •

A ranged combatant, wield a bow to attack targets from long distance. They are a versed hunter and trickster.
SUB-CLASSES

Close

Huntress

Adventurer

Moon Strider

[td]
class-preview-archer-png.323225
[/td][td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
class-preview-gunner-png.323226
• ?

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
? •

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
class-preview-magus-png.323267
[/td][td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
class-preview-chandra-png.323266
• ?

(COMING SOON)
SUB-CLASSES

Close

-

-

-

[td]
rightindent-png.323202
[/td]​
shadetop-png.323193

MULTIPLAYER

Play co-op with your friends via LAN or Battle.Net. Declare battles with other players to determine the strongest! The map is balanced for playing in both single player and multi player mode. Keep in mind that save data from single player mode can't be loaded in multi player mode.
rightindent-png.323202

ss5-jpg.323271

ITEM & UPGRADE

The map not only harbors more than 6,000 different items, ranging from common items up to legendary ones! But also introduces item quality and gear collection system. Using gears from the same collection will reward remarkable bonuses. Not only that. You can also insert elemental gems into each gear, granting you some extra elemental prowess! It also supports a very unique gear upgrade system. It provides various upgrading materials for you to hunt, such as ores and gemstones (topaz, jade, crystal, and quartz). Not only significantly improves your strength, upgrading gears will also unlock awesome visual effects to make your character looks sharp! Read more detail about the socket and upgrade system here.
rightindent-png.323202

ss6-jpg.323378
shadetop-png.323193

PETS

Collect pets to aid you in combat. Some pets unlock special buffs/debuffs or even special skills. Pets are incredibly rare!
But will definitely worth the effort and what more? They are adorable!

pet-gif.323377

MEDIA

shadetop-png.323193

Thread Design by: Quilnez
Contents

EmberCraft v1.2b (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I can see this being improved over time and its quality raised. As it has many innovative systems implemented, Approved.
Level 1
just tried the map but we both flew out the game back into the warcraft menu after putting an skill to the hotkey bar( my fellas action) an me pressing ESC from the Skilldescription, and i missed an -roll function so far>D

Level 4
I want to play this but I have patch 1.30.4. Will there be any gamebreaking issues because I will not update to 1.31.1

Level 4
Ok it runs only on 1.31.1, tried all other versions nothing visible. I dont know if they're bugs but no NPCs had any dialogue and using the Talk button did nothing. Apart from hacking monsters in the dungeon, I didn't understand what to do, where to follow the storyline or progress to next dungeon. There seems to be only 2 sorts of scrolls, and you need to be Level 10 to access the 2nd type didn't play that far.

Overall, the system in place is impressive and brilliant, but gameplay didnt hold much interest.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Overall, the system in place is impressive and brilliant, but gameplay didnt hold much interest.
Thank you for feedback. At this point it has no storyline, whatsoever. The project was supposed to expand from there, we worked on storyline and NPC interactions, super cool story telling and cinematic job, more classes and item variations, boss fights, etc. But now I have little to no free time for modding so the project is on hold for the time being.

Level 3
Hey there!
Spent some time playing EmberCraft and I've gotta say, Beautiful Map! I love the art style of it all! You guys have really been putting in some great work, it's a whole new game!
EmberCraft Feedback:
  • First thing I noticed is the main health bar and icon display needs to be adjusted lower for better visibility. But you're probably aware.

• Music stops playing after a while, not sure if this is intended or not. But worth mentioning. Perhaps add a chat trigger command to manually restart it, or loop it?

• Skill system looks great and I admire the attribute system! Good work!

• Awesome how you get those flying healing missiles from slain enemies! I wish I could do that lol. Maybe I'll experiment with that next, in object editor.

• I like the idea of changing Item Visibility for picking up items. But I don't think it's necessary when we can already pick items up with the Spacebar. Although, I suppose it may have a purpose I'm not yet aware of. But I think it's bugged, because I can't click on Gold or health potions. I can only pick them up with Space, regardless if Item Visibility is toggled On or Off. The toggle itself seems broken besides showing texts above items, thus making it only an Item Text toggle, as far as I can tell.

• I feel like the portals offset sound needs to be adjusted. It doesn't sound smooth enough when getting closer or farther in my opinion, but this is very minor. It sounds wicked besides that!
This is all the feedback I have so far, I may send more later when I've played through it more. Cheers! :peasant-cheers-back:

Kazeon

Level 33
Hi. I will probably drop an update (maybe) soon. Including some hotfixes regarding resolution issues, it's now expected to work on any resolution; some camera adjustments; and the map will be open source!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55

Kazeon

Level 33
Updated to v1.2b:
  • Fixed most UI & resolution related issues. The map is now expected to look correct in any resolution (16 : 9 aspect ratio still recommended).
  • Improved/adjusted camera & most UI element positions.
  • Optimized minimap to use new UI natives (UI Utils).
  • Minor updates & improvements.
  • The map file is now open source (no protection).

This is a long delayed update so there maybe some other changes that I've forgot. And keep in mind that the map was designed to be played in SD mode.

Last edited: