• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Eagle Legion of Yalorol

Prince Leon Lionhawk saw himself the right heir to his departed father’s throne and it was this selfishness that would lead to Yalorol’s downfall. When the Demons struck he refused to call for aid from his siblings or from anyone else believing his forces were more than enough to handle the Demons, but every battle he fought against the demons he lost badly and his own troops knew that in their current state there was no way of winning with their selfish prince leading, pretty much his entire army abandoned him to his fate when he refused to listen to reason. Leon still in his selfish pride still believed with the troops he had left he could still defeat the demons, but he did not last long and it was said the demons left his body to rot. Since than the soldiers than left their prince discarded their former kingdom’s armour as they wanted nothing to do with their past, though they still wear Lion parts on their armour as it seems they can't fully let go of their past, and formed the independent mercenary army, the Eagle Legion. Led by Grand General Aldun Lord’soal.

Edit: Combined my Elite human units together and renamed them as now they are not connected to WC lore as now are connected to my custom campaign project

Do Not Edit Without My Permission Or Redistribute On Hive or Other Sites
Contents

Eagle Legion Archer (Model)

Eagle Legion Archer Icon (Icon)

Eagle Legion Archer Portrait (Model)

Eagle Legion Battle Golem (Model)

Eagle Legion Battle Golem Icon (Icon)

Eagle Legion Battle Golem Portrait (Model)

Eagle Legion Captain (Model)

Eagle Legion Captain Icon (Icon)

Eagle Legion Captain Portrait (Model)

Eagle Legion Cleric (Model)

Eagle Legion Cleric Icon (Icon)

Eagle Legion Cleric Portrait (Model)

Eagle Legion Footman (Model)

Eagle Legion Footman Icon (Icon)

Eagle Legion Footman Portrait (Model)

Eagle Legion Knight (Model)

Eagle Legion Knight Icon (Icon)

Eagle Legion Knight Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
The issues are now resolved, it's now APPROVED.
Isn't it reforged model? There is another forum for this.
(Too sad I thought it was new model of footman for WC3)

This is a Reforged model as despite I agree that Reforged was a disappoint I actually liked the look of the Reforged modle, sorry if it isn't your kind of thing as this my first time uploading something onto Hive and was proud of this look I made so thought I should have it as my first ever model for public use

Level 4
This is a Reforged model as despite I agree that Reforged was a disappoint I actually liked the look of the Reforged modle, sorry if it isn't your kind of thing as this my first time uploading something onto Hive and was proud of this look I made so thought I should have it as my first ever model for public use

I didn't find leather of fur around the neck too convenient, personally I don't think it matches a type of character that has too much predominance of metals and heavy armor, despite being just a variant proposal for Footman.
The new sword was very good, I also found the modification for this style of helmet very interesting, leaving it almost completely closed, it differed a lot from the Captain, but already the shoulder pads, remember it too much ... besides there are minimal changes that make still very clear, the same traditional pieces of the primitive model, the work of the new ties is very well done and there is a good framing of the pieces, you have quality to make edits, I think I could only try to invest in more sudden changes between the details of each accessory of the available Reforged models.
Example:
- Maybe try a proposal from Footman with another shield, maybe the traditional one from BlizzCon, the one from the first version Footman 2018, until then nobody proposed to insert it here at Hive ...
- Trying to use the paladins' shoulder pads, can help differentiate more from the Captain and the Footman, it will give an even more differentiated identity, I hardly see proposals here at Hive, from Footmans using elements from the paladins.

PS. As for the designer Reforged, I think it's fair that we consider it to be one of the only few things that are good and truly innovative, besides the graphics engine. Many criticize the lack of proximity to the tratitional style of the models, but a more humanized proposal for the scale of the models, precisely helps to attract new generations of players... who are unaware or do not adapt to the "flattended" designers and so rustic of the old models!

Last edited:
I didn't find leather of fur around the neck too convenient, personally I don't think it matches a type of character that has too much predominance of metals and heavy armor, despite being just a variant proposal for Footman.
The new sword was very good, I also found the modification for this style of helmet very interesting, leaving it almost completely closed, it differed a lot from the Captain, but already the shoulder pads, remember it too much ... besides there are minimal changes that make still very clear, the same traditional pieces of the primitive model, the work of the new ties is very well done and there is a good framing of the pieces, you have quality to make edits, I think I could only try to invest in more sudden changes between the details of each accessory of the available Reforged models.
Example:
- Maybe try a proposal from Footman with another shield, maybe the traditional one from BlizzCon, the one from the first version Footman 2018, until then nobody proposed to insert it here at Hive ...
- Trying to use the paladins' shoulder pads, can help differentiate more from the Captain and the Footman, it will give an even more differentiated identity, I hardly see proposals here at Hive, from Footmans using elements from the paladins.

PS. As for the designer Reforged, I think it's fair that we consider it to be one of the only few things that are good and truly innovative, besides the graphics engine. Many criticize the lack of proximity to the tratitional style of the models, but a more humanized proposal for the scale of the models, precisely helps to attract new generations of players... who are unaware or do not adapt to the "flattended" designers and so rustic of the old models!

Thank you for the review and suggestions as this is my very first model I am releasing for public use and I appreciate all and any feedback I can get to improve myself

Yeah the models is one of the only good things about Reforged

Example:

Edits have been made to the model now

Level 4
Edits have been made to the model now
Well ... it's improved a lot, it's a good start. Congrats!

EDIT : By the way ... the right hand is a little bit in front of the shield in most anim's, this is just a preciosity that can upset a few people, it’s not too much, but calibrating this adjustment a little bit, will make it more perfection... good job!!!

Last edited:
Level 18
Very useful addition, even if we already have plenty. I think there's never enough footman variation for any medieval/fantasy based maps!

Level 35
Nice to hear :)

I got ideas for the other races ;)
Oho can't wait to see them :D
Btw just a small, very minor issue that I found while using the models it seem's that the armband is missing from the models. I checked it both for the footman and captain

1643932582138.png

Also it seems that the shields have 2 holes in them when you are looking from the inside of the shield (outside is ok)
1643932818804.png

I know in the original model there was the issue with the armband going in the glove instead of around it
1643932683744.png

Oho can't wait to see them :D
Btw just a small, very minor issue that I found while using the models it seem's that the armband is missing from the models. I checked it both for the footman and captain

View attachment 394459
Also it seems that the shields have 2 holes in them when you are looking from the inside of the shield (outside is ok)
View attachment 394461
I know in the original model there was the issue with the armband going in the glove instead of around it
View attachment 394460
Actually that was purposed because of the clipping issues also Ohayo he shield is the way most times so you won’t noticed unless the camera was angled in a way

Level 35
Yeap...only reason I saw it was when I started look real deep into all units that have shields.
I saw that the original models do have the armband going though the armor of the glove and only the elfs who have skinny hands and less armor or Lord Nicolas Buzan who does not have any are on his glove have good armbands
Your model has a special minor issue that others did not except for the armband of course :D
Still loving it and will use it!

im at a pause delema here. ive had sorted all model's ive downloaded into numbers of how many texture files the model's has. and have now got added all the ones thats 0 texture's. exepth this one wich also aside from the golem is 0 texture file's. and im unsure if i should add thise now, or wait for update.... i'll skip it for now untill answered.....

what im thinking of, is regarding the archer issue that Ardenaso adressed. also, could the knight please have either sword and shield or lance and shield? (remember if so to change anymation acordingly)

im at a pause delema here. ive had sorted all model's ive downloaded into numbers of how many texture files the model's has. and have now got added all the ones thats 0 texture's. exepth this one wich also aside from the golem is 0 texture file's. and im unsure if i should add thise now, or wait for update.... i'll skip it for now untill answered.....

what im thinking of, is regarding the archer issue that Ardenaso adressed. also, could the knight please have either sword and shield or lance and shield? (remember if so to change anymation acordingly)
What?

And I am not changing the models

What?

And I am not changing the models
abute the Archer, which has the blood splat effect appearing out of nowhere. or is that fixed? couse i'll use this model pack once it is.

as for your not changing any model's.... thats okay, it's just, ive always seen it a bit ridiculous for the knight having both lance and sword, as no knight mostly never did so in real life, but charged with lance, then swiched to sword, and most usealy having a shield with the lord's of who they belong to's Flag mark on.... wich also is why i for one appriciate when model creators has corrected that with their knight model's.... it's also why i requested if your knight could have a shield.

abute the Archer, which has the blood splat effect appearing out of nowhere. or is that fixed? couse i'll use this model pack once it is.

as for your not changing any model's.... thats okay, it's just, ive always seen it a bit ridiculous for the knight having both lance and sword, as no knight mostly never did so in real life, but charged with lance, then swiched to sword, and most usealy having a shield with the lord's of who they belong to's Flag mark on.... wich also is why i for one appriciate when model creators has corrected that with their knight model's.... it's also why i requested if your knight could have a shield.
It’s fixed

You’re not the first to request that

the priest has a tiny problem, from playing distance is not noticeable but still, the tip of his nose pokes through the helmet and there's a bit of flesh? texture where should be chainmail on the right side of his chest/neck, also he is tiny bit taller than the original priest, now he towers over the footman xD but he still looks badass.