Eligor

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
some kind of..thing wearing a skull helm and has hooves.

UPDATED
-new skull texture.
-size has been reduced from 500-ish to this.

Keywords:
goatman, wild, beast
Contents

Eligor (Model)

Eligor (Model)

Assets
Reviews
Misha 16th Jan 2014 Moderator's Review: it really feels and performs great :D everything is well made. only that the weapon attachment point needs a lill relocating :)

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
16th Jan 2014
Moderator's Review:

it really feels and performs great :D everything is well made.
only that the weapon attachment point needs a lill relocating :)

Level 9
Wow this looks amazing.

The animations look very nice and I just love everything about the model.

I really like this, but the poly count and file size are tremendous. I am certain that you could reduce it drastically and still have it look the same in-game. It doesn't seem necessary to have 5k polies for this model. I'm not a polyphobe, but the file size of a model is very important; stick 15 models like this in an 8MB map and you're already out of space.

I'm going to have to give it a 4/5 simply because the file size is tremendous. The quality is nice, but it doesn't quite look good enough to justify such a file size.

Edit: That's better. I'm giving you a 5/5, now.

Last edited:
Level 25
filesize? sadly i can't reduce it without affecting the model's geoset animations and particles.

Downloaded the model and tried optimizing it in mdlvis, you can easily shave off about 100kb from this model with that. Particles are unaffected, not sure about geoset animations though.
This model suffers from the large filesize. It's a high quality model, sure. But since the quality doesn't outweigh its usefulness. Rating this as 4/5. Well done though.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Whoa, this rocks!

Edit:
Downloaded the model and tried optimizing it in mdlvis, you can easily shave off about 100kb from this model with that.
496 KB is still too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 36
its supposed to be some kind of goatman who uses bones as armor and weapons. it has some sadistic/tribal influences (the flayed face on his back and his tuskguards).
Wow, I'm glad I waited to take a look. This model is really rather incredible.

Overall, I'm mainly impressed with just how creative and unique it is; surprisingly (given Blizzard's constant habit of reappropriating ancient (Greek) mythology) there is no "Satyr" analog, and this fits the bill quite nicely, and quite fittingly. Cool over-sized blades, freaky stretched face (Acolyte, right? I didn't know/forgot that they had that huge 'x' on their forehead...), coarse black fur, and great backwards-knee animations... Neat little Spell anims (fire?), and a cool skull helm/face. MAN it just screams 'cool'. Wish I had a place for it. (What's in the backpack? Is it really pieces of meat? Lol, reminds me of Zelda)

Size is a concern, but like I said, I don't have anywhere for it anyway, so meh. Maybe. MAYBE. I just like Caps Lock, sorry. :p Perhaps it could be considered a super-Kobold, if one stretches it... It's vaguely rat-like, and the skull could be a helmet... And seriously, the name "Bone Hunter" is waaay cooler. Put that in the title.

Good work. Let me know if you need ideas for a Troll. xD

Level 6
I like how morbid this thing is!
I hate the shoulder pads though (sorry!)

can you geotint the shoulder pads to match the helmet?(that wont work)

or maybe you could just change the the texture?
other than that and the file size, its perfect!

I'll rate this based on the screenie, i'll downoload this later on my PC, its 4/5 for now.

Level 31
i managed to get it down to 300+ kb but the geoset animations on his weapons get messed up during death. it shows up before it drops to the ground.

I think that you can just copy-paste the old one back without any problems with filesize. It's just the matter of corrupted and messed up mdlvis scripts.

That little guy on his backpack is fucking neat.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 53
Great stuff although, I think the legs are too small/short for such a beast and that Spell Channel shouldn't have a fire effect coming out because it kind of forces people to create some spells related to fire or fiery projectiles to fit it to that animation.
4/5.