• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dynasty Warriors Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Dynasty Warriors Unleashed

Overview

For those who have never played any of Koei Dynasty Warriors games its based off ancient china you are a hero trying to conquer land and destroy all who oppose your expansion.

DWU.jpg

Plans for the Map

I'm planning for the map to be like this; There are 3 major powers at the start.

the 9 other players spawn at random points with a handful of men. Those 9 are like mercenarys who can serve a kingdom or go rogue and start there own little kingdom. You conquer bases in order to get spawns for men. Each base can be upgraded 2 times in order to get better soldiers. There are 3 different kinds of bases you can conquer Defense, Attack, or Supply bases.

Bases

Defense Base
Defense.jpg

The defense base has guard towers to protect against invaders.

Attack Base
attack.jpg

The attack base has catapults in order to defeat enemy advances.

Supply Base
Supply.jpg

The supply base has no defenses in it every so often dim sum spawns on the white tile. The dim sum can heal heroes.

What I Need From You

Right now I have most of the triggers running.
All heroes have been made, and I have found many good quality Dw models.
What I really need help with is ideas to expand the game play. I need help with a trigger so that when you die the owner of the attacking unit has a choice, either execute you or capture. If he captures you you pretty much surrender and become a permanent ally. If he executes you, you die and become an observer.

Also I have many heroes to select from and I only have about 20 custom spells so i need alot of spells so if your good at making spells then please reply to this thread.

The game isn't testable right now because I need the whole surrender/die trigger thing which I am having problems with.

I'd say it's about 65% finished.

Any idea's will be considered to make the game play longer and more fun.

Last edited:
Level 1
I am a novice map maker. I will be honest in saying that I have never completed a full map. But I am a Dynasty warriors fan and this sounds like it could be cool. I have been experimenting with the map maker for a while and am decent at using the GUI and have made a small number of spells for heroes to use. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I know there are a lot of better choices but I may just be able to help.

Level 5
Bump!

Hey after about a month i've finally finished 15 complete hero spell sets. But i still need many more spells my goal is to get around 30 complete heroes. So spell makers please stand up! Even pre-existing spells will work. Post if your intrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.